As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Your taste in movies is WRONG!

• Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah people hated the new Star trek movie what kind of world do you guys live in. Maybe you don't talk to enough bitter old people.

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    i dunno i think i'm just not friends with anyone super invested in star trek

everyone i know who saw it was like "hey this movie is pretty good"

satansfingers on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    i dunno i think i'm just not friends with anyone super invested in star trek

everyone i know who saw it was like "hey this movie is pretty good"

same here
    I don't remember anyone I know dissing that film

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    the plinkett guy was even "this film is pretty good!"

Weaver on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    the best star trek movie is actually galaxy quest

this is an acceptable statement

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I liked the new Star Trek so much that I wish it was a regular tv show

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Today has been horrible.

I had some pizza make me horrible sick, I even broke out with something.

Then I come home, and my house is out of propane for heat.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Every winter I'm all "heating oil, what?"

and then I remember that the East coast is old & dumb.

Weaver on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    i would murder several people if there could be a new star trek series half as good as the new movie.

also there are still tons of homes in Wyoming that are oil heated or have a wood/pellet furnace. Cuz sometimes it gets really, really fucking cold and the electricity goes out, and while you might still have natural gas heating, a lot of old homes didn't back when their oil furnaces were put in. plus, as uriel has made us aware, propane can and does run out.

plus, y'know, end of the world shit hits the fan you're gonna want something that can warm your house while you stand at your window, wearing a beard simply because you have no drive to shave your face, watching for the mutant spider people.

they come at night. mostly.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Weaver wrote: »
    Every winter I'm all "heating oil, what?"

and then I remember that the East coast is old & dumb.

Propane is a gas, silly.

And I'm still pretty sick I think.

I threw up a ton around 9 or 10 and am still all blotchy in the face and shit.

Also it's below 40 degrees in here and hard to type.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    GO TO THE FUCKING HOSPITAL.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Should I?

What do you think I was? I feel better, just a little itchy.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    i dunno man, i don't fuck around with shit. my dad's a hypochondriac, ironically because he was really sick so he always thought he was sick even when he wasn't, so i saw him go to the hospital for less.

i guess i'm just bein' a big worry-wart. still though, if you start feeling worse, go to the ER and fuckin throw up everywhere, they'll see you pretty quick.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I will keep that in mind.

I had only vomited one other time in the past eight years, because of some spoiled OTC antacid medications.

This time was more violent, I think it was very minor food poisoning from the sauce, I was the only one who used it much it must have sat out too long at the place.

I had the heaves pretty bad, so bad that for a minute or two I was outside my friend's place throwing up, not noticing the 5 degree weather without a jacket.

Right now, besides not enjoying my sudden change in completion I think I'm good.

It was probably that I burst a bunch of blood vessels in my face while heaving. Not uncommon I guess, it's just I haven't vomited 'for realz' in like 8 years.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    i have thrown up several times in the past six or so months. usually due to drinking. one time, i smoked too much pots, and i got super, super dizzy after standing up too fast, and threw up. luckily, the people i party with are no strangers to people vomiting in their houses, and refused my extremely genuine apologies because it "was super cool, brah."

when i throw up, it is frightening. i have woken people up in other parts of the house throwing up. through floors and shit.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    i would murder several people if there could be a new star trek series half as good as the new movie.

also there are still tons of homes in Wyoming that are oil heated or have a wood/pellet furnace. Cuz sometimes it gets really, really fucking cold and the electricity goes out, and while you might still have natural gas heating, a lot of old homes didn't back when their oil furnaces were put in. plus, as uriel has made us aware, propane can and does run out.

plus, y'know, end of the world shit hits the fan you're gonna want something that can warm your house while you stand at your window, wearing a beard simply because you have no drive to shave your face, watching for the mutant spider people.

um, oil and wood pellets can also run out?
    also without electricity to power the fans that distribute the heat, you're not really going to be heating most of your home
    pretty much just the room where the stove/furnace is

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    DirtmuncherDirtmuncher Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Druhim wrote: »

um, oil and wood pellets can also run out?
    also without electricity to power the fans that distribute the heat, you're not really going to be heating most of your home
    pretty much just the room where the stove/furnace is

Home is where the hearth is.....
    So no fans needed.

Dirtmuncher on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    oh i almost thought you were making a wow joke there

whew

L|ama on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    the order of star trek movies in terms of quality goes something like 4, reboot, 2, galaxyquest

i love you for this

Langly on
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    This is an important day, Mubarak was kicked out of office and I remembered that The McLaughlin Group has a twitter account.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Prediction- PI is going to contract e-coli from eating chili powder off the floor

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Fuck you, idiot, spiciness kills germs. Duh.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited February 2011
    my dad is an old school star trek fan and he loved the new movie so I dunno what that proves

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    It proves that the idiot bitching about how people didn't like the new Star Trek is either a liar or has a vivid imagination.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    nah man there are plenty of people with bad opinions and therefore disliked the new star trek

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I've met people who dislike The Godfather.

I have yet to run into somebody who didn't like the new Star Trek. That guy is just having a winge.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    i just watched the kids are all right

it was not very good

satansfingers on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Oh shit. You know what tomorrow is?

New episode.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I've met people who dislike The Godfather.

I have yet to run into somebody who didn't like the new Star Trek. That guy is just having a winge.

I know people who hate The French Connection, refuse to see it, and mock me for liking it. There are so many things to mock about me! Why waste it on The French Connection?

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    There were some great commercials on AMC for the Godfather touting it as the greatest movie trilogy ever made then giving dates for Godfather and Godfather II only. It's good to see there is someone at AMC who still loves movies even after being forced to chop them up for content and to allow for commercial breaks.

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    WRONG. Toy Story is the greatest movie trilogy ever made.

On Thanksgiving me, my dad, my brother in law, and my seven year old nephew watched part of The Godfather on TV. It was awesome. My nephew got to see a guy get shot in the head and another guy get shot in the neck.

Formative experience, that.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    The best movie trilogy ever made is actually Night of the Living, Dawn of and Day of the Dead.

babyeatingjesus on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    No it isn't. Night of the Living Dead is a great movie, if a bit atavistic. Dawn of the Dead is perfect-- I ain't gonna broach talking shit on that. But Day of the Dead? Come on.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    No it isn't. Night of the Living Dead is a great movie, if a bit atavistic. Dawn of the Dead is perfect-- I ain't gonna broach talking shit on that. But Day of the Dead? Come on.

Bud the zombie is one of the great characters in cinema.

Man I guess it is Toy Story. No other trilogy has a good third entry, or if it did, they made Crystal Skull and took it out of the running.

babyeatingjesus on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Temple of Doom wasn't great. It wasn't bad, but, it isn't Raiders and it isn't The Last Crusade.

And Lord of the Rings had a good third entry.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I love Temple of Doom, but I know that puts me in the minority.

I always forget about Lord of the Rings.

After a bit more thought the Fistful of Dollars/For a Few Dollars More/The Good The Band & The Ugly, Back to the Future, and Evil Dead/Army of Darkness are all good trilogies.

If Alien3 or Godfather III had lived up to their predecessors this would be a very short list, though.

babyeatingjesus on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I like Temple of Doom, but it's a weak entry. At the very least, even if you consider Indiana Jones as the greast trilogy in cinema, you must admit that the series is uneven.

And as far as The Dollars Trilogy, come on. Dollars is a fun movie that's flawed as all get out, not to mention plagiarized.

I also happen to like Alien 3, but I know better than to make an argument for that Trilogy.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I want to like Alien 3 but good god those characters are bland. Other than Ripley you've got the doctor, the rapist who doesn't have a british accent, and then 20 more rapists with british accents.

But I could just be on a 20 year steam over not bringing Michael Biehn back for that movie.

The Dollars movies are still pretty darned good, even if they are far from perfect.

babyeatingjesus on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Exactly. The Toy Story trilogy does not have a single weak link.

And then there's the Colors Trilogy, which also has weak links. There's probably a lot of other trilogies, and I'll bet none of them are as consistent as Toy Story.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, Toy Story is fun.
    But it's a long way from being the best movie trilogy ever.

For example, the original Star Wars trilogy beats at basically everything ever, easily.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
This discussion has been closed.