As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PrePrePax: Tuesday Evening Hangout (March 8th) - JJ Foleys, Kingston St @ 5:30PM

• Options
    trinistandtrinistand Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Just packed up the game bag. I'll be toting 7 wonders, apples to apples, small world, san juan, kingdoms, and citadels. Most likely going to make it around 6pm, will be arriving directly from work (darn commute)

trinistand on
  • Options
    Icarus027Icarus027 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    juju wrote: »
    And you can stay as long as your liver can handle :)

Damn... thats gonna be a loooooong time. Tho I appreciate the prep for Pokecrawl later this week.

Icarus027 on
    Trust me, I'm (almost) a doctor.
  • Options
    jujujuju [E] Line Entertainment! Brookline, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Fetch26291 wrote: »
    Boston Bowl, near JFK/UMass station (Red line) is a good bowling place. Open 24/7. Has Ten Pin, Candlepin, Pool, and an arcade.

They do a shuttle between the Boston Bowl and JFK/UMass. You need to walk over to the Sheraton next to Boston Bowl to get it back to JFK.

http://bostonbowl.com/

Boston Bowl is cool but the reason we X'ed it out early was because of the fact that it is not easy to get to for people from out of town, at all. And it's not too accessible for people to get to easily and back, tbh. Gaming at a dive bar closer to the convention center seemed slightly easier to set up especially with people arriving at different times.

I heart Boston Bowl... it's one of the only places left in metro Boston to play dancing games <3

juju on
    PAX East '10-16 Pokecrawl || Team Green's Awesome PokeProf!
    PAX Prime '10-'13 Triwizard Drinking Tournament || Hufflepuff Head of House!
    Twitter: @jujukoo
    [E]
  • Options
    RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Porkcp wrote: »
    It's slightly unclear are we meeting at Foley's or the hotel?

I thought the OP and subject was extremely clear of the meetup location?

Rdr on
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So excited! Thanks to everyone bringing games (especially those responding to my Apples to Apples request :D). It looks like I won't be able to bring anything other than Zombie Dice (my Cookie Brigade cookies take up more space than I planned for).
    I have to meet someone at my hotel around 5:45 or 6ish, so I now won't be getting there until about 6:30. See you all there!

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'm gonna be wasted before any of you make it there. :)

Rdr on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Fingers crossed for parking. I should be able to find something...I remember that area really clears out around 4:30-5pm so if I get there around 6 I hope I can find something easy.

trinistand on
  • Options
    BackwoodsBackwoods Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    trinistand wrote: »
    Fingers crossed for parking. I should be able to find something...I remember that area really clears out around 4:30-5pm so if I get there around 6 I hope I can find something easy.

If you can't find any just jump the curb and lock your e-break up on the sidewalk in front of the bar. But be sure to tell the cops I said it was cool to park there. :)

Backwoods on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    trinistand wrote: »
    Just packed up the game bag. I'll be toting 7 wonders, apples to apples, small world, san juan, kingdoms, and citadels. Most likely going to make it around 6pm, will be arriving directly from work (darn commute)

OK - if you've got those covered, I'll bring Puerto Rico, Carcassonne, Ticket to Ride, Settlers of Catan, Zombie and Cthulhu dice, and maybe Illuminati or Betrayal at House on the Hill (if anyone is interested in those, let me know and I'll be sure to toss 'em in). . .

Khadour on
    Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• Options
    D Versus AD Versus A Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Rdr wrote: »

First round is on me (when I arrive) Since I am the new guy :o

D Versus A on
    Friend: Wow..what happened to him?
    Me: He dun goofed.
    Friend: .........What?
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    D Versus A wrote: »

You're my new bff <3<3<3

Rdr on
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011

You're my new bff <3<3<3

NOT FAIR! no replacing me just because I can't be in Boston till Thursday! :'(

zerzhul on
  • Options
    MxWoodMxWood Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Don't worry I should be there about 5:30 and ready to start drinking, gotta prep for the pokecrawl.

MxWood on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    zerzhul wrote: »

You're my new bff <3<3<3

NOT FAIR! no replacing me just because I can't be in Boston till Thursday! :'(

haha well at least you're coming to the PPD. :)

Rdr on
  • Options
    BoozegoodBoozegood Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I am gonna try and be there at 6 or so...but I don't know a soul! I have a black leather jacket with white shoulders and white rings on the arms. Feel free to be nice to me, another new guy, haha!

Boozegood on
  • Options
    OmegasquashOmegasquash Boston, MARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm in there like swimwear. It was either this or a professional meeting. I think that the choice is clear.

Omegasquash on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'll heart people forever if they can find it in there hearts to teach people to play some of the games we may not know =)

Boozegood on
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Boozegood wrote: »
    I'll heart people forever if they can find it in there hearts to teach people to play some of the games we may not know =)

We would behorrible PAXers if we didn't!
    I don't know the games I'm ask to play. That's exactly why I want to play them.

(In Boston now. See everyone in 2ish hours :D)

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    About to head out. See everyone soon. Don't forget your PAX Trading Cards if you have them.

Rdr on
  • Options
    AngryPirateAngryPirate Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    I am working across the street but should be there after 5.

AngryPirate on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    About to head out. See everyone soon. Don't forget your PAX Trading Cards if you have them.

Thanks for the reminder - they weren't on my list to grab at home on my way down!

Khadour on
    Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• Options
    SmackdoSmackdo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Bah! Still in northern NH we will see if I am able to make it back at a reasonable hour. If not I will see yall tomorrow

Smackdo on
  • Options
    OmegasquashOmegasquash Boston, MARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    Right on, the beauty of working less than a mile away. Looking forward to meeting some new people tonight!

Omegasquash on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Im about to head over! Across from Gov Center right now.

Boozegood on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    On my way down from Lexington now. See you all soon!

Khadour on
    xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Dude, I'm totally here, and it sucks. I am playing games with friends, drinking, and listening to good music. You should totally not be jealous that you didn't come. For reals.

peetsnack on
    7B14287.png
  • Options
    slamonellaslamonella Clue-by-Four Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    A truly excellent evening out with new friends. Anyone who didn't make it seriously missed out.

slamonella on
    Some people are like Slinkies. They have no practical use whatsoever,
    but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    One of the best nights I have had in a while! Thank you to all who played games with me!

Boozegood on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Also: Stupid 12:10 final commuter rail train! Everyone else is still hanging out right now. I'm jelly.

Boozegood on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Also: Stupid 12:10 final commuter rail train! Everyone else is still hanging out right now. I'm jelly.

As well you should be :twisted:

Just got home myself - was great meeting/seeing/playing/drinking with you all! THIS is what PAX is all about . . .

Khadour on
    xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    edited March 2011
    Khadour wrote: »

As well you should be :twisted:

Just got home myself - was great meeting/seeing/playing/drinking with you all! THIS is what PAX is all about . . .

Yes! And it is only Tuesday...well, Wednesday now! Haha. Next time I have a case of Bawls for the festivities, I figured a bar would not be pleased with me bringing in outside beverages though tonight hah!

Boozegood on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Yes! And it is only Tuesday...well, Wednesday now! Haha. Next time I have a case of Bawls for the festivities, I figured a bar would not be pleased with me bringing in outside beverages though tonight hah!

No, but they did have Red Bull and Stoli Raz, which made me a happy nerd. . . on to the Wednesday festivities!

Khadour on
    xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    D Versus AD Versus A Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Khadour wrote: »

No, but they did have Red Bull and Stoli Raz, which made me a happy nerd. . . on to the Wednesday festivities!

Yeah it was awesome, I learned that Juju uses her...juju to cheat in zombie dice and that arsonisfun is a douche at munchkin. All in all good times, even though I snuck out to leave when no one was looking :x

D Versus A on
    Friend: Wow..what happened to him?
    Me: He dun goofed.
    Friend: .........What?
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Still trying to piece together names and forum handles.

Great times everyone!

trinistand on
  • Options
    septagonseptagon Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Big thanks to everyone who helped me learn new games. I had a great night with you all!

septagon on
  • Options
    BackwoodsBackwoods Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Great night ladies and gents, it was fun meeting everybody. This is gonna be a rad weekend!

Backwoods on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BlasTechBlasTech Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    <-- Formerly Boozegood, switched to my proper gaming tag.

HAI GUYZ!

Would some of you mind slinging your Facebooks up here just so we (or maybe I'm the only one that needs help here, haha) can put Names to Faces to Avatars to Handles?

Mine is:

www.facebook.com/boozegood

BlasTech on
    Black Hat Crew : NERDCORE : www.myspace.com/blackhatcrew
  • Options
    jujujuju [E] Line Entertainment! Brookline, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I had SUCH a great time. Still suffering the aftereffects at work today running on three hours of sleep. I'll be napping on my lunch. :)

Yeah it was awesome, I learned that Juju uses her...juju to cheat in zombie dice

THIS IS A LIE THROUGH AND THROUGH!

juju on
    PAX East '10-16 Pokecrawl || Team Green's Awesome PokeProf!
    PAX Prime '10-'13 Triwizard Drinking Tournament || Hufflepuff Head of House!
    Twitter: @jujukoo
    [E]
  • Options
    BlasTechBlasTech Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sure you can! *uppercut*

BlasTech on
    Black Hat Crew : NERDCORE : www.myspace.com/blackhatcrew
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    juju wrote: »
    I had SUCH a great time. Still suffering the aftereffects at work today running on three hours of sleep. I'll be napping on my lunch. :)
    I feel your pain - there is definitely a nap in my future later today . . .

Khadour on
    xWDsUaZ.png