As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E OOC] The Residuum Revolution Arcane and Strange

• Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    My first roll of the game and it's a natural 20!

Edit: Are griffins and other winged creatures considered fey or magical?

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Haha, whoops. At least I didn't waste a good roll on the Vengeance. I'll go ahead and edit the IC part of that out.

Lord Palington on
    SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wooo story is already progressing on both fronts. This has been a very unproductive day for me at work. :lol:

daniant on
  • Options
    TuranosTuranos Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    What does Mnemo find in the first chest? Also, what are my options in terms of actions for retrieving, carrying and distributing the weapons?

Turanos on
  • Options
    AegofAegof Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Probably not a lot, since you're only supposed to have one action in a surprise round and Mnemo wouldn't even be able to get to the chest.

Aegof on
    I'm providing ambience.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Oh, I see. In that case I'll retcon it to just be the shard swarm.

Turanos on
  • Options
    BhowBhow Sunny day, sweeping the clouds away. On my way to where the air is sweet.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Arcane

What would be an appropriate roll for tracking? Perception? Nature?

Also, what thoughts do you have on using Speak with Spirits encounter power outside of combat?
    Primal
    Minor; Personal
    Effect: During this turn, you gain a bonus to your next skill check equal to your Wisdom modifier.

Bhow on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Bhow wrote: »
    Arcane

What would be an appropriate roll for tracking? Perception? Nature?

Also, what thoughts do you have on using Speak with Spirits encounter power outside of combat?
    Primal
    Minor; Personal
    Effect: During this turn, you gain a bonus to your next skill check equal to your Wisdom modifier.

To see the man he pointed out to you in the crowd: Perception.

To continue to see the man pointed out to you in the crowd: Perception

To track the man pointed out to you in the crowd after you lost sight of him: Nature.

Regarding speak with spirits, you can use it on any one skill check out of combat as well.

daniant on
  • Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Okay, I can't get Orokos or Invisible Castle dice roller to work on my phone. Is there any way I can make my posts from work, and leave the dice rolls blank, then have someone else roll them and I'll edit in the results after?

I'm going to keep trying on this. Are there any dice rollers people know of that definitely work on a phone's limited resources?

Lord Palington on
    SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    AegofAegof Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    daniant, how do you prefer to handle reactions and interrupts? Should I be prerolling Fire Pulse to save time when Ladej inevitably gets hit?

Aegof on
    I'm providing ambience.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Aegof wrote: »
    daniant, how do you prefer to handle reactions and interrupts? Should I be prerolling Fire Pulse to save time when Ladej inevitably gets hit?

That's fine. You could even post it in the stat block each round. Use spoilers though please.

daniant on
  • Options
    UnsaltedUnsalted Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I have the same problem. :( Im still looking for one myself.

Unsalted on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Okay, I can't get Orokos or Invisible Castle dice roller to work on my phone. Is there any way I can make my posts from work, and leave the dice rolls blank, then have someone else roll them and I'll edit in the results after?

I'm going to keep trying on this. Are there any dice rollers people know of that definitely work on a phone's limited resources?

You can post your actions and then I'll roll the stuff for you, if you want...

daniant on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    You could also try random.org and see if their random number generator will work.

daniant on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I did find some dice rolling apps on the droid marketplace, but none of them seem like they would upload, so they really couldn't be verified. Pretty unfortunate!

Lord Palington on
    SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    It's so strange, because Orokos works just fine on my iPhone...

daniant on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    It works great up to the point where it launches the overlay for the results on my phone.

Unsalted on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Nevermind, got it working. Unsalted - if you're running an Android OS phone, try downloading Opera Mobile Browser, it worked perfectly for me.

Lord Palington on
    SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Nice, Ill give it a shot.

Unsalted on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    testing test test: 1d20+10 23

Unsalted on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Too bad that was a test.

daniant on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I cant wait til Horse and I get to bluff. Together

Unsalted on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    It twill be sweet.

daniant on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Since I have a move, minor and standard to use this turn, can I know what kind of situation I'd be facing if I did decide to have Mnemo run into the office, open a chest and try to gather weapons? As in, the movement and minor to open the chest are obvious, but what could I then do with my standard action, and what kind of actions over how long would I be looking at to get the weapons out to the group?

Turanos on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Cant you trade down a standard for another move? Does it work like that? We use houserules so my knowledge on the subject is tainted.

Unsalted on
  • Options
    streeverstreever Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    unsalted, yea, a standard is the king of movements. You can use it for anything.

A move can only be turned down as a minor.

streever on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    So you could move in, minor open the chest, and use the standard to grab everything out of it. Or you could use the Standard to a Move to move in, Move to a minor to open the one chest, minor to open another and grab averything in BOTH chests next round and still be able to move back?

Unsalted on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    That would depend on Dani: but it sounds plausible to me. I think you intend to do the following:

Standard as Move: Get to chest
    Move as Minor: Open Chest A
    Minor: Open Chest B

Round 2
    Minor: Take weapons from Chest A
    Standard as Minor: Take weapons from Chest B
    Move: Teleport to jail cell

I guess it depends on how big the weapons are and how many of them are there :)

streever on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Unfortunately I can't teleport again this encounter, and even if I could it requires line of sight, so I wouldn't be able to do it from the office into the cells as the office has actual sight-blocking walls, I believe (otherwise I would have teleported directly into the office).

Turanos on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The guards do look like push-overs anyway. If you can just get out one or two weapons for the members of your party who can't fight without them, I'm sure you'd be a big help.

streever on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Pushovers? I was actually surprised at how much more health and defences they have than all of us! That said I'm very new to D&D so my judgement on these things is inexperienced.

Turanos on
  • Options
    dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Well, Ilesombra's probably going to have to delay until Slip goes, or until someone can bust the door down, because she is a dainty flower and can't do it herself.

dresdenphile on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Turanos wrote: »
    Pushovers? I was actually surprised at how much more health and defences they have than all of us! That said I'm very new to D&D so my judgement on these things is inexperienced.

I was surprised at the first encounter I ran as a DM, where my monsters had more HP, and outnumbered the PCs, and Dresden slaughtered their leader in 1 move ;-)

streever on
  • Options
    BhowBhow Sunny day, sweeping the clouds away. On my way to where the air is sweet.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Arcane
    Tracking rolls edited into IC spoiler: Perc., Perc., Nature+Speak with Spirits: 2#1d20+9 16 20 1d20+13 18

Bhow on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Turanos wrote: »
    Since I have a move, minor and standard to use this turn, can I know what kind of situation I'd be facing if I did decide to have Mnemo run into the office, open a chest and try to gather weapons? As in, the movement and minor to open the chest are obvious, but what could I then do with my standard action, and what kind of actions over how long would I be looking at to get the weapons out to the group?

Turanos: You can run to I17 (+2 to your speed, - 5 to attack) and open both of the chests there in one round.

It's another minor action for each chest to take stuff out.

daniant on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Strange

Tordain only has a +5 athletics check, should I focus on supporting fire with Radiant Vengeance or try and knock out that weak door in between the cells?

Lord Palington on
    SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Strange:

Bust me out, dwarf! :)

dresdenphile on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Fair enough. I don't go until after the guards though, so you'll need to hang tight a few more minutes.

Lord Palington on
    SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    dresden, you can hold your turn until after Lord Palington goes.

daniant on