As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Kingdom of [chat]

1535455565759»

• Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Adults behave respectfully and sanely even when other people are being disrespectful and insane.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    @Winky: Your plan sounds like a good way to push fence sitters away from your side of the argument.

Galahad on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    You guys should know the difference between making an argument and trolling :P.

Winky on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2011
    people running around with posters of aborted fetuses are already undermining their cause as much as its gonna be undermined. it's hard for me to fathom how snarky counter-protestors accomplish anything at all except a produce a sense of self-satisfaction among the snarky counter-protestors and a sense of determined grievance among the original protestors.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Winky wrote: »
    You guys should know the difference between making an argument and trolling :P.

Trolling isn't really a good reason to do something stupid or harmful.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    urahonky wrote: »
    Here's a question to those that weren't very fortunate when they were children: Do you collect things? I have a hard time selling stuff that I own... CDs are bad, but games are really worse. I've started to break that habit so I could get some cash to buy a 3DS or something with it.... But it took about 4 years of my wife talking to me about it for it to finally sink in.

I used to but have broken the habit.

For the record, I spent a large portion of my childhood in a single parent home with a father in rehab.

I was very very VERY lucky. He got out of rehab, clawed his way back to the top, and I had a very very very comfy high school life.

Sheep on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2011
    yeah

just ignore the anti-abortion people

god forbid you feed their sense of entitlement or victimization

they desperately need that, is my read

Organichu on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited April 2011
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    If the thought of buying extra family members who do stuff around the house doesn't excite you, I don't really know.

Having a house servant excites me, but probably for slightly different reasons. :winky:

I don't think they actually wear the black shirts with white lace or anything, feral.

They certainly wouldn't be wearing that in my house.

you are in your thirties, right feral?

how do you manage the kind of libido that is required to be constantly thinking about this kind of thing?

be fair, Will

sexy maids are actually pretty vanilla for this place

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Winky, basically you have the choice of acting like a child and troll or acting like an adult and ignoring them.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2011
    mrflippy wrote: »
    Why do people use apostrophes for plurals? I really don't understand at all.

because esses carry too many purposes in english and people get confused

possessives
    plurals
    contractions

it does bug me though. there was a big cloth sign on a building down the street that said:

"CONDO'S FOR SALE"

and i was like "hey, it looks like Joey Condo is selling his place!"

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Here's a question to those that weren't very fortunate when they were children: Do you collect things? I have a hard time selling stuff that I own... CDs are bad, but games are really worse. I've started to break that habit so I could get some cash to buy a 3DS or something with it.... But it took about 4 years of my wife talking to me about it for it to finally sink in.

I wasn't poor, but if aim able, I am like this. I have literally cried every time we moved house and my stuff has either been thrown away (my parents used to do this when I was younger) or I've been told I have to clear space.

Ditto.

I've never been poor but I can't stand to get rid of anything at all.

When I was a child I would literally cry anytime anything broke. Glass shattering left me incredibly distraught.

Still does.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Since my wife got laid off, she does most of the cleaning, but I still help out.

I had to install a bug screen on our back door last night and fix a door knob on the bathroom, and I do a good amount of laundry.

I cook on the weekends.

The worker doesn't just get to say "olol it's all on you."

Ludious on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

I think that's a separate issue. I grew up poor but my parents always stressed less clutter. We didn't have long-term storage where you could take stuff that you owned but didn't use anymore. Seasonal items and keepsakes had places. Old video game consoles were sold shortly after getting a new one. CDs and movies that weren't watched or listened to were give to relatives.

Actually, that kind of media was never much of an issue. We very rarely bought movies or CDs. By the time I was old enough to buy my own CDs, the whole digital thing had happened, so holding on to the physical object wasn't a big deal.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Galahad wrote: »
    That snoop book sounds interesting.

Are there illustrations or should I bother looking for an audio book version?

There are a few charts and graphs. Not many, but enough.

There are some US maps that show correlation between geographic location and personality traits. Like Washington state has very low on extraversion, San Francisco and New York are high on openness, etc.

Also, there are some places where the author admits that you just can't tell anything about the person. Some traits that simply do not affect living spaces, for instance.

So its ok for me to call southerners assholes?

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited April 2011

I collect things but I actually use the things I collect

like, I dig through my old comics with great regularity. I play a lot of old games, and so forth.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ugh, beginning to think I might need to let the end of Ghostlands stew for ten levels in my quest log. Silly group quests. Also catlords with full-hp linked pets.

Time for bed, anyway.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Sheep wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    Okay guys, please advise:

There's a bunch of anti-abortion people set up at walkway crossings throughout my campus today. Normally I wouldn't mind as a lot of annoying people tend to stand in those areas yelling about whatever cause they're trying to promote, but these guys have big posters with shock images of aborted fetuses everywhere. It's frankly completely tasteless and offensive.

It really pissed me off, so I'm considering going to and trolling them.

Here's what I was thinking:
    Write "FREE ABORTIONS" on a big poster and then go stand near them with a hanger. (Y/N)

Other suggestions are welcome.

That's dangerous, Winky. Who knows how mentally unstable this group can be.

Yeah. Once you're born then the price tag on life is zero for them. Some have no problem with murder.

A group of these people attacked another smaller group of people that were brandishing Pro-Choice signs. I don't think it's worth the possibility of getting hit by something just to make a point.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Adults behave respectfully and sanely even when other people are being disrespectful and insane.

i am so proud of you mori

(but you still have a bull ring in your nose)

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Organic Hu, make a new chat

urahonky is backup

Jacobkosh on
This discussion has been closed.