As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The New & Shiny Pet Thread! (NSF56K)

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    send good thoughts to OmegaTofuNinja, if you're so inclined; his kitty goes to the vet today, outcome uncertain. i mention because when i worry about my girl, lookin at the cute thread usually helps me -- good people, happy animals.

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    omega71omega71 Too old for a title, too ornery to care. Sacramento, CaliRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    About two weeks ago I found a mother and her six kittens on the other side of my apartment fence, the kittens themselves looked to be about 5-6 weeks old and incredibly adorable.

The mother looked very skinny, and not getting enough food for the kids, so I put out a small bowl of cat food that I borrowed from a neighbor and a small saucer of milk, which I later found out isnt that great for them anyway.

The mother cat never came over, but one of the kittens bravely did, and it was "ZOMG Dawwww" at first sight. I honestly wish I could have taken all of them plus the mom home, but I managed to give one lucky kitten a loving home and a full belly.

So yeah, this is Lucy
    CoacM.jpg
    KRcWa.jpg
    TXYbE.jpg

spoiled for huge.

The funny thing is, I am allergic to cats, I never was a cat person, and the one my partner had before I started living with him really turned me off even more with cats.

But for some reason, this little furball is amazingly awesome and I love her to pieces, I just hope she keeps her awesome loving nature even after she gets fixed, and hopefully she calms a little bit down.

omega71 on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    She'll definitely mellow out as she gets used to her living situation. She's pretty young so she's not too stuck in her ways to adapt. If she were more like six months, you'd probably have a LOT more trouble, but at her age she'll get along just fine. She just needs time.

I wish we could have kept Panda, but the apartment we were living in at the time had strict no-pet rules.

Also I have allergies, but I suppose I could have been willing to tough it out.

I'm sure he's made someone pretty happy though, cute kitten that he is.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    omega71omega71 Too old for a title, too ornery to care. Sacramento, CaliRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Goatmon wrote: »
    She'll definitely mellow out as she gets used to her living situation. She's pretty young so she's not too stuck in her ways to adapt. If she were more like six months, you'd probably have a LOT more trouble, but at her age she'll get along just fine. She just needs time.

I wish we could have kept Panda, but the apartment we were living in at the time had strict no-pet rules.

Also I have allergies, but I suppose I could have been willing to tough it out.

I'm sure he's made someone pretty happy though, cute kitten that he is.

She is pretty used to the place now, and has her "spots" now as well. Its really hilarious to watch a little tiny kitten kick an overweight dog out of the bed, or the couch because the dog is in her new spot. I love the whole dick-ness she brings.

Right now, she is hyper as all hell, but I cant really complain at all since she is a kitten and has all of the energy, so we let her run around the house as much as she can without breaking things, getting into places she is not supposed to, (behind the fridge, in the fake fireplace, etc). She has plenty of toys to keep her busy, and fat chihuahua to beat up on, and plenty of places to freely run.

Oh, she is already getting accustomed to a water bottle, which is kind of irritating a bit, so I got a plastic Snapple bottle, and filled it with pennies, whenever she does something bad, I shake it right by her, scares the everliving shit out her, but she knows now not to do whatever it is she did.

omega71 on
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Video from Bacon's puppyhood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6DWpeEfzn4

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    oh hello table!

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    261377_10150332611475097_546170096_9860184_8144645_n.jpg

255666_10150221754344383_515369382_7142671_2329079_n.jpg

248566_1558652465491_1810668605_981346_7737050_n.jpg

Kochikens on
  • Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    That cat has the best expressions.

MadEddy on
    ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    wanna pet that cat

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    hey stalefish how is bacon doing, post junk?

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    He's recovering well, seems to be back at full energy. Still gonna go easy on him for a while.

He also has a little depressing satchel where his nuts used to be.

It's like that flap of elbow skin we all have

Staleghoti on
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    MadEddy wrote: »

252760_1558653505517_1810668605_981356_6488459_n.jpg

Kochikens on
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    it's like that cat is plugged in to the internet. just mentally web surfin, checkin out some 9gag, maybe some reddit, accidental goatse or two.

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    249973_1558653625520_1810668605_981357_8131249_n.jpg

Kochikens on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    kochi y u no tinychat

Staleghoti on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    250384_1558653265511_1810668605_981354_4894307_n.jpg

Kochikens on
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    MadEddy wrote: »

agreed
    oh my goodness

skettios on
  • Options
    EclipsedPlanetEclipsedPlanet Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Monty is a cat:

267998_10150698413545066_504235065_19408178_1869297_n.jpg

267528_10150698415745066_504235065_19408191_7213983_n.jpg

EclipsedPlanet on
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I don't have any good pictures of my animals, but here is a picture of my girlfriend's adorable Keeshond.

64369_479640364275_735619275_6757125_4541834_n.jpg

Here's another, more recent shot. Her name is Eevee:

284367_2159215296594_1132880215_32533646_827564_n.jpg

jgeis on
  • Options
    NechriahNechriah Chookity!Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    284005_2257301759909_1469328087_2626900_7574493_n.jpg

This is our new bunny. She's a six-week-old dwarf rex rabbit named Sooty. We've also taken to calling her RICK JHAMES because she keeps jumping on top of the guinea pig, stealing her food, and generally being awful even though the guinea pig is bigger and has been here longer.

The only reason we let her get away with it is because she's so damn cute.

263465_2257301919913_1469328087_2626901_70087_n.jpg

264015_2257302199920_1469328087_2626902_6919605_n.jpg

Seriously, look at that face!

Nechriah on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    don't tell my mom but part of the reason I'm moving is so that I can go home at lunch and play with the dog I'll be getting

but that's apparently not something "adults do" and isn't a good reason among others to move but shh she don't have to know

• Options
    That is a super cute rabbit
    Even if it is apparently a jerk

• Options
    Raneados wrote:
    don't tell my mom but part of the reason I'm moving is so that I can go home at lunch and play with the dog I'll be getting

but that's apparently not something "adults do" and isn't a good reason among others to move but shh she don't have to know

I think that's an amazing reason, Rane!

• Options
    I have totally used free time to go home and give Bacon a walk

• Options
    speaking of bacon, little fucker urinated all the fuck over my mom's place

I bought a can of spot shot to clean up before she gets back tomorrow, IT TOOK THE ENTIRE CAN!

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I want a Ridgeback so bad.

1307738622_51968802_2-Rhodesian-Ridgeback-Puppies-Napier.jpg
    rhodesian_ridgeback.gif

Not until we get a house, though.

• Options
    that is a pretty dog, did you make the bottom picture yourself?

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Nope. GIS.

Also, it's not just pretty, it's exceptionally loyal and originally bred to hunt lions.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    This thread is making my talk to my computer like a goose. All whoosagoodbooooy-ing and d'awwing at my screen.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    My sister rescued a Norwegian Forest cat today. He was miserable, stinky, and FAT! SO FAT! He's the fattest cat I've ever seen in real life. He waddles when he walks and his stomach scrapes the ground.

We cut off almost all his fur (we left a sort of rough lion cut on him) because it was so matted with flea poop and his own poop that he was miserable and overheating. He just sat there purring for HOURS as we groomed him.

We're trying to figure out a name for him.

I already love him. He's a fat tub of lard.

EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Margarazzi wrote:
    My sister rescued a Norwegian Forest cat today. He was miserable, stinky, and FAT! SO FAT! He's the fattest cat I've ever seen in real life. He waddles when he walks and his stomach scrapes the ground.

We cut off almost all his fur (we left a sort of rough lion cut on him) because it was so matted with flea poop and his own poop that he was miserable and overheating. He just sat there purring for HOURS as we groomed him.

We're trying to figure out a name for him.

I already love him. He's a fat tub of lard.

You can't tell from these shit iPhone photos (sorry), but he is fat.

His ear is crumpled from an aural hematoma caused by shaking his head (because he's too fat to clean his ears).

How could you say no to this face?

photo%252520%2525285%252529.JPG

photo%252520%2525284%252529.JPG

Srsly, name suggestions welcome. All suggestions will be considered (except suggestions from Pip)

ThreeCubed on
    EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    where's his ear?

• Options
    "Get out, you belong in a garbage can."

EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    Name suggestions:

Felix
    Hat
    Damn
    Checker
    Munter
    Frank

Dog food

• Options
    Staleghoti wrote:
    where's his ear?

His ear is crumpled from an aural hematoma caused by shaking his head (because he's too fat to clean his ears).

EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    Look at him! He looks like a stuffed animal. I have no name suggestions, except for Archibald, which is my default name suggestion for a cat. Leo, maybe, 'cause you gave him a lion cut?

Prince Leo of Pudge, His Royal Chubbiness.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2011
    There is far too much fur in this thread.

cid__0425091357_01.jpg

Not enough scales.

My turtle is 20 years old now. He is not even old for a turtle.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    I want a fuckin Tortoise

• Options
    MadEddy wrote:
    Look at him! He looks like a stuffed animal. I have no name suggestions, except for Archibald, which is my default name suggestion for a cat. Leo, maybe, 'cause you gave him a lion cut?

Prince Leo of Pudge, His Royal Chubbiness.

Even more hilarious once we make him lose a bunch of weight.

EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    I want a tortoise too, but a pet that lives longer than I will might not be the smartest thing in the world.