As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wherein We Discuss Footy, Dingos, Vegemite, FIGJAMs, Icy Poles, Emus and AusPAX 2013

• Options
    Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    I basically just want to go somewhere that resembles Byron Bay as closely as possible.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Margs is a lot colder water wise.

I tell you, it's plain weird swimming in sensible temperatures.

• Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    East Timor?

What are we gonna do there? Join the local guerilla warfare gang?

I feel we should step it up every year

Maybe for AUSpax 2014 we could steal a nuclear device and hold the nation of Luxembourg for ransom

I really like Luxembourg I'd like to go there

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Obviously you don't like it enough not to blow it up.

And we will blow it up. I mean you can't just say shit like that and not do it, people won't respect you.

• Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    That's the whole thing with ransoms, the hope is you don't have to!

If you do have to, you can act hurt and sorrowful at what you have done, chicks love sensitive guys

• Options
    Blunter you are as sensitive as they come and you just complained about not getting any.

No one will respect you until you blow up a tiny landlocked country.

• Options
    Do you know why she decided to make out with that German guy?

Chicks fucking dig fascists.

• Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    Say are any of you dudes going to realpax?

• Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    I am going to post this here for those of you who don't follow the Steam thread and people need to know it exists:

http://www.ozgameshop.com/

The games are on parity with the US unlike the bullshit of Steam/bricks and mortar stores, and postage is free because they get to scam Australia Post into covering the delivery costs like UK Book Depository does

Or maybe you already shop from playasia or whatever

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    marty_0001 wrote:
    I am going to post this here for those of you who don't follow the Steam thread and people need to know it exists:

The games are on parity with the US unlike the bullshit of Steam/bricks and mortar stores, and postage is free because they get to scam Australia Post into covering the delivery costs like UK Book Depository does

Kiss me now, you beautiful bastard

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    My dad was with me and he was an engineer in the army, so I trust his opinion on that stuff. It also has 6 months rego and 12 months warranty. Plus he's got a reliable mechanic friend if we do decide to get it.

I will take a look at that checklist later, though.

Those used-car warranties?

Absolutely worthless. Have the RAC or someone do a compression/leakdown test on the engine.

Upon mulling it over at work I'm less enthusiastic about getting it (and I was already not getting excited to avoid any impulse decisions), it does seem like there are better options in my price range.

• Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    Tef wrote:
    marty_0001 wrote:

Years of oppression, finally over! I might actually pre-order things and buy games as they are released and play them at the same time most of the people on the forums are playing them!

Thanks to @Macro9 for showing me the light.

• Options
    marty_0001 wrote:

Awesome thanks dude. I don't buy new games too often, but Skyrim is out soon, as is ACIII, so I might have to make use of this.

• Options
    Soon I'll be downloading things from the internet at speeds faster than 71kbs-200kbs and not paying $100 for 10GB!!

Happy days!

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    JintorJintor Registered User regular
    oh, xenoblade chronicles is totes available from oz game shop

• Options
    joshua1joshua1 Registered User regular
    Guys guys guys.... the indo idea is NOT BAD.... since I can actually speak passable Bahasa if I am liquored. So you keep me well oiled and I can be the translator.

(Truth bomb: I was born and raised in Jakarta)

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    marty_0001 wrote:
    Tef wrote:
    marty_0001 wrote:

Years of oppression, finally over! I might actually pre-order things and buy games as they are released and play them at the same time most of the people on the forums are playing them!

Holy fuck, preorder BF3 for $47.99??

That is $102 cheaper than the big chain gamestores like EB Games...

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    And I'm working on indonesian stuff at work so if we need to issue an insurance policy there I got us fucking covered.

• Options
    marty_0001 wrote:
    Tef wrote:
    marty_0001 wrote:

Holy fuck, preorder BF3 for $47.99??

That is $102 cheaper than the big chain gamestores like EB Games...

$102!? Fff.. wha... are you sure??

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Go into the EB Games in the city in Perth, and pre-order a big game like Resistance 3. That'll be $149.99, thanks.

Which is why I wait 6 months to a year and get them at Big W for $78...

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Does ozgameshop sell imported games? Like, if you have a 360, will region locking be an issue?

broken image link
  • Options
    It doesn't seem to say explicitly on its site that they're not PAL games but I'd be very surprised if they weren't.

Damn Chris, that's insane! I guess being in Perth doesn't help. It is all Tef's fault, making all those mining dollars.

• Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    2013? Really?

As a chairman of the Local-Pax Hosting board of directors, I can appreciate the pre-planning.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    Amy's agreed to help organise AusPAX for next year.

Besides finding accommodation for 25+ people and sorting out paying for it, what else needs to be done besides a list of who's actually coming?

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Go into the EB Games in the city in Perth, and pre-order a big game like Resistance 3. That'll be $149.99, thanks.

Which is why I wait 6 months to a year and get them at Big W for $78...

Standard editions of new release games are typically $80-$100 on launch, that's crazy. That sounds closer to the surivior edition which I think was around $190.

• Options
    Jesus fuck that was a really spicy clove of garlic.

They're not normally so painful to eat.

• Options
    webofinkwebofink Registered User regular
    I drive a ute
    I've got an awesome dog
    I've got a fauxhawk/mullet
    I've got a southern cross tattoo

I'm so aussie I shit red dirt

It's dead, Jim.
  • Options
    webofinkwebofink Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I also drive a mercedes
    And own an awesome cat
    And my southern cross tattoo is actually completely hidden in a bitchin nu-school artiste sleeve

webofink on
    It's dead, Jim.
  • Options
    Guys

guys

Bastion is awesome

• Options
    Knowing full well what's been released so far and what's still to come, Bastion is definitely going to be in my top 5 games of the year.

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    there is only one game that matters this year

Uncharted-3-Nate.png

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    "For really reals guys, where have all the fucking charts gone?!?"

Yeah, looks like fun.

• Options
    I read the FAQ on ozgame and they say that all their games that are region locked are suitable for australian systems so yeah, all PAL

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    PixelMonkeyPixelMonkey Registered User regular
    Thinking back on what I did last week at least I didn't blow my load in the first 5 minutes.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    bsjezz wrote:

Saints-Row-3_IMAGE_1299169413_640w.jpg

• Options
    PixelMonkeyPixelMonkey Registered User regular
    Tef wrote:
    Soon I'll be downloading things from the internet at speeds faster than 71kbs-200kbs and not paying $100 for 10GB!!

Happy days!
    Hey Tef did you take the job?

• Options
    bsjezz wrote:

Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Top-2.jpg

• Options
    no seriously it's Saint's Row 2011 Game of the Year

• Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    the similarities of those three dudes is amusing me

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    Wimble look at the guy I made in Saint's Row 2
    n553435872_2022129_7176.jpg

This discussion has been closed.