As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How come old [CHAT]s are always in black & white?

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote:
    People like Ke$ha?

That's... that's awful news.

Whatever man it's fun to listen to and she doesn't engage in the Madonna/Whore dichotomy like Perry or Swift.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Q-Tip just rhymed "meet ya" with "beseech ya".

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    okay for serious about smoking:

I smoke more than I like. Not really because I'm afraid of health effects, just because I want to smoke less.

But I smoke, because I want to smoke. Probably going to not want to some day and then I'll quit again.

I strive to do what I want to do.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Country music is now just pop music for poor rednecks in my opinion.

Oh yeah, Ke$ha has a hardcore fanbase. I know, scary.

dbrock270 on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote:
    fucking country music though, jesus christ

nerdcore panders to its audience less

and fuck

how long do you have to listen to country before you can distinguish between performers

it's literally impossible

I think 99% of country musicians aren't even real

I 2nd this theory.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote:

Which song?

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote:
    I like how in british shows it's an easy plot device to have a fancy dress party

it makes me feel like Brits have fancy dress parties all the time just cause

You know what though, the Brits really do have a lot. For the first few months of living in London I was pretty surprised just how often they have them and when they do, they go to town. There are also sooo many costume shops

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote:
    Chanus wrote:

Which song?

Bonita Applebum

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I think people are telling you to not want to smoke, because that's stupid. So histrionic.

• Options
    Daxon wrote:
    It's funny cause if Abd doesn't stop smoking he's going die of lung cancer or get COPD in 35-50 years.

Oh wait

that's not funny at all

thought you were a doctor

heart problems are more likely to kill smokers than lung problems!

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote:
    People like Ke$ha?

Whatever man it's fun to listen to and she doesn't engage in the Madonna/Whore dichotomy like Perry or Swift.

Dr. Luke can craft a pop song like woah.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    By "just", I mean because I'm listening to it at the moment... not because it's 1990 :P

• Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    I don't like most of Kanye's stuff (at least what I've heard) 'cause the lyrics are just so... boring, and the rhythm doesn't make up for it. I mean, I like Childish Gambino even though is lyrics are usually equally boring, but at least his rhythm is good. Same with Eminem, though he does tend to have somewhat more interesting lyrics. I like Lupe Fiasco, Outlandish, and yeah, Flobots - good rhythm and good lyrics. At least in my opinion.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    I've watched too many young men in crappy cars blasting rap loudly, thinking they are soooo cool.

I can't listen to rap in mixed company, my brain has labelled it as an embarrasing situation.

Whatever dawg, you just don't understand how dope it is when the 15s in my focus are kicking.

When I come by blasting All Things Considered I get mad respect.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote:
    Gooey wrote:
    Hakkekage wrote:
    This thread is over 100 pages! She's heading for the reef!

yarr me mateys

we be needin' some truly oceanic levels of rum to keep this going arr

MAYBE WE WOULD IF YOU GUYS WOULD COME TO MIDTOWN FOR HAPPY HOUR

yarr

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I wonder if Irene will choose New York or Boston. They are both fair options. Personally, I feel like Boston has more accessible fun as a destination
    Feral wrote:
    JWV8W.gif

My cursor is black but the bouncer said it was ok because it still met his 5:1 target.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    See thats what I was saying about subjectivity v objectivity earlier. Like I love listening to the new Taylor Swift album but it is bad and I know that it is bad.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    People who keep an unhealthy vice primarily to piss other people off, are actually dumber than people who just can't find the willpower to quit.

• Options
    Feral wrote:
    Chanus wrote:
    People like Ke$ha?

Dr. Luke can craft a pop song like woah.

Dr. Luke is a pop genius. Look at what he's doing with Katy Perry right now. All of her singles are getting released with remixs for double the staying power.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    no jets on they runway :(

• Options
    Yes smoking is bad. Let's talk about something else because it is kind of annoying.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    my cursor is grinding one of the other cursors

aw yeah

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    God Katy Perry is the second worst.

• Options
    It's called a pointer! Cursor is for text!

Geeeeeez

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    See thats what I was saying about subjectivity v objectivity earlier. Like I love listening to the new Taylor Swift album but it is bad and I know that it is bad.
    if everyone hailed the new taylor swift album as an artistic masterpiece you wouldn't be like "I love it but it's not good"

• Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Daxon wrote:
    It's funny cause if Abd doesn't stop smoking he's going die of lung cancer or get COPD in 35-50 years.

Oh wait

that's not funny at all

thought you were a doctor

heart problems are more likely to kill smokers than lung problems!

That's really something I think of as happening if you're still smoking at the age of 60.

Which I fucking hope you won't be.

But, y'know, a lot of smokers only give up smoking when they've had a heart attack, stroke, or gotten COPD.

Y'know, when it's already too late to prevent that kind of irreversible damage.

Not that the damage you're doing now is completely reversible. Cause it totally isn't.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    HMM

a shot is like 65 calories

a beer is like 150

:o

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote:

Geeeeeez

Cursors are for catching dark wizards

• Options
    God Katy Perry is the second worst.

Katy has officially gone into Nickelback territory. She's sold a lot of records, but has neither a hardcore fanbase or critical acclaim.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote:
    I've watched too many young men in crappy cars blasting rap loudly, thinking they are soooo cool.

I can't listen to rap in mixed company, my brain has labelled it as an embarrasing situation.

Whatever dawg, you just don't understand how dope it is when the 15s in my focus are kicking.

When I come by blasting All Things Considered I get mad respect.

The scary thing is that you are probably right.

• Options
    wandering wrote:
    if everyone hailed the new taylor swift album as an artistic masterpiece you wouldn't be like "I love it but it's not good"

I'd be wondering what sort of alternate universe I'd woken up in.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    In other words I have recently been going on an anti-smoking crusade amongst my friends.

Gotten really terribly anal about it.

But my friends can't hate me for it, cause they love me and always will. I have very resilient friends.

• Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    wandering wrote:

If people were hailing it as an artistic masterpiece because it WAS good then it would be objectively good. That is what I'm saying. Even in subjective forms of media there are things that are objectively good or not good. Maybe less with music than with film but I think it still stands.

• Options
    I'd probably look down on someone blasting NPR worse than someone blasting rap.

Blasting Rap=youth

Blasting NPR= granola asshole

• Options
    PantsB wrote:

It's so weird to hear her say "Late night sex so wet so tight."

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote:

Geeeeeez

That's the i-beam. The cursor is a generic term for whatever image happens to indicate mouse position.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    dbrock270 wrote:
    Ludious wrote:
    I feel the same way about your opinion DB.

Kanye's rhyme structure is outdated. I like him. He's charismatic, but come on.

His production is the best in hip hop right now. Eminem just sounds clumsy throughout Recovery. Kanye has his fair share of bad lyrics, but when he can spit out something meaningful, it's a lot better than anything Em can do now.

We're talking mainstream yeah? Because I'm still looking for good, more obscure tracks here.

• Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    And that British rapper. What was his name. L something or other.

Edit - Lowkey. Yes. Even with Organichu's complaints about him.

Passerbye on
This discussion has been closed.