As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How come old [CHAT]s are always in black & white?

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    You're all lame to me today.

We can't all draw Pythagorean Triangles on your ass, chu.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Chu, I will be your friend in Summoner's Rift. But in like... 4-5 hours.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote:
    Organichu wrote:

it was a pascal's triangle

• Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnaeImQ0TSg

Rappers should wear black or white tie more often.

Mad respect to be gotten.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Feral wrote:
    I need to clean out my iPod. It's getting way stale.

Yes. After like 3 years of recycling my itunes library, I am finding more and more that there is very little I want to listen to. The lack of new music in my life is staggering.

rodrigo y gabriella.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I don't get on my friends' cases about smoking...

...unless they want to have kids.

Then I give them gentle reminders every time they bring up the topic of children.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote:
    Ludious wrote:
    Organichu wrote:

it was a pascal's triangle

It's all Greek to me.

• Options
    Kissing someone who smokes is the worst.

• Options

It's disgusting isn't it just?

I don't really like kissing someone who's recently drunk whiskey though either.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I dunno why I am cranky today. Had egg salad sandwiches for lunch... I feel like ass, now.

• Options

I'd rather kiss an AIDS patient.

• Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular

I only made out with a smoker once. It was at a bar and we had done a whole mess of carbombs so honestly I'm p sure I couldn't even tell.

BUT YEAH LIKE AN ASH TRAY!

• Options
    Organichu wrote:
    I dunno why I am cranky today. Had egg salad sandwiches for lunch... I feel like ass, now.

How is operation get in shape going, chu?

• Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    wandering wrote:
    See thats what I was saying about subjectivity v objectivity earlier. Like I love listening to the new Taylor Swift album but it is bad and I know that it is bad.
    if everyone hailed the new taylor swift album as an artistic masterpiece you wouldn't be like "I love it but it's not good"

If people were hailing it as an artistic masterpiece because it WAS good then it would be objectively good. That is what I'm saying. Even in subjective forms of media there are things that are objectively good or not good. Maybe less with music than with film but I think it still stands.

That's an argument riddled with traps and pitfalls, art is a very personal thing, and be it music, movies, pictures, whatever, ultimately the only arbiter or what is good or bad for you, is you yourself.

Objectively good doesn't really mean much because there's so many different thing we could use in a definition of what objectively good constitutes. Take pop music for example: Technical structure? Melody? Hook? Instrumentation?

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Is smoking still pretty common in Norway? I remember being rather shocked how common it was in Denmark (seeing someone smoke in a clothes shop was something I'd not expected to see out of a 1970s documentary)

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    smoking..inside a public place?

Ugh. UUUGH.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    I did my first carbomb over the weekend.

Was alright.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Daxon wrote:

My girlfriend likes beer breath.

I <3 her for this.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    Kalkino wrote:
    Is smoking still pretty common in Norway? I remember being rather shocked how common it was in Denmark (seeing someone smoke in a clothes shop was something I'd not expected to see out of a 1970s documentary)

The Danes are filthy.

They smoke so much, it is disgusting.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Currently blasting "bounce" as loud as it goes out the window

aw yiss

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Feral wrote:
    Daxon wrote:

My girlfriend likes beer breath.

I <3 her for this.

Beer breath is fine, perhaps even good.

Whiskey breath - not so much.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    I remember once my ex saying I smelled like her dad.

I had been drinking tequila and then coffee D:

• Options
    Kalkino wrote:

sort of

although people don't smoke indoors anymore we got new smoking laws a while ago

but yeah, kind of

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    The name Irish Car Bomb is sometimes considered offensive because of its potentially emotive reference to IRA tactics.[8][9] For this reason, some bartenders refuse to serve it. Ordering it is likely to cause confusion and offence if ordered in Ireland itself, where the drink is virtually unknown.
    oh you'll get one alright

oh yes

• Options
    My first girlfriend smoked and I loved it

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    An Irish carbomb is the one with guinness and a shot of jaeger?

Still won't stop sound utterly awful to me.

Just have a jaeger bomb. Red bull + jaeger. It's much nicer.

• Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Yes smoking is bad. Let's talk about something else because it is kind of annoying.

Word

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Man, so much for my vision of Norway the Pure. Although I guess you can put a lot of cigarettes out with pure glacial springs

In NZ smokers get mad judgment these days, but the poor things just want to be loved

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Eating fast food and living a sedentary lifestyle is bad.

• Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    An Irish Car Bomb is what I did to your mom last night

• Options
    Daxon wrote:

Nah, beer + whiskey. Is good.

• Options
    you guys are living an unhealthy lifestyle

now excuse me while I play videogames for seven consecutive hours

• Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    I smoke when drunk, mostly because its a nice way to take break when at party or club to chill and talk smack.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    cigarettes gross me out 95% of the time but every so often it's like fuck yes a cigarette

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    I don't really have anything constructive to say about the GameStop thing other than man, am I glad that Nebraska/Iowa have a good regional chain for used game stores.

• Options
    Dark_Side wrote:
    wandering wrote:
    See thats what I was saying about subjectivity v objectivity earlier. Like I love listening to the new Taylor Swift album but it is bad and I know that it is bad.
    if everyone hailed the new taylor swift album as an artistic masterpiece you wouldn't be like "I love it but it's not good"

If people were hailing it as an artistic masterpiece because it WAS good then it would be objectively good. That is what I'm saying. Even in subjective forms of media there are things that are objectively good or not good. Maybe less with music than with film but I think it still stands.

That's an argument riddled with traps and pitfalls, art is a very personal thing, and be it music, movies, pictures, whatever, ultimately the only arbiter or what is good or bad for you, is you yourself.

Objectively good doesn't really mean much because there's so many different thing we could use in a definition of what objectively good constitutes. Take pop music for example: Technical structure? Melody? Hook? Instrumentation?

All of those things contribute to a piece being objectively good. I guess I should be more precise in saying that "good" in this sense is directly tied to technical merit and proficiency.

There is a HUGE spectrum between something being objectively good and objectively bad, as to not confuse the two as an either/or scenario.

I guess my fervor for this kind of discussion comes from the fact that I'm tired of going to movies with people who say things like "that movie sucked" when they mean to say "I didn't like that at all". I saw No Country For Old Men with a friend one time and he was like "that movie was a piece of shit". And it was one of the first times that, though I am sensitive to other's opinions, I was like, no you're just objectively wrong.

It's an incredibly snooty argument to attempt, I know, and that's why I don't ever really bring it up. But when it comes to the arts, I don't like the prevailing idea that everything is totally subjective and merit can only be judged on a person to person basis. If this were solely the case, film theory, music theory and art history wouldn't exist. There'd be no reason to study any of these endeavors because it'd all be subjective so who cares!
    tl;dr: Justifying my film degree

• Options
    Feral wrote:
    Daxon wrote:

Nah, beer + whiskey. Is good.

Oh dear fucking god.

I had to drink beer + whiskey concoctions as initiations punishment stuff.

It is terrible instant-vomit juice is what it is.

Everyone who's ever ordered one is a terrible person.

Ruining good beer with whiskey.

• Options
    Sparvy wrote:
    I smoke when drunk, mostly because its a nice way to take break when at party or club to chill and talk smack.

Yep.

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote:
    dbrock270 wrote:
    Ludious wrote:
    I feel the same way about your opinion DB.

Kanye's rhyme structure is outdated. I like him. He's charismatic, but come on.

His production is the best in hip hop right now. Eminem just sounds clumsy throughout Recovery. Kanye has his fair share of bad lyrics, but when he can spit out something meaningful, it's a lot better than anything Em can do now.

We're talking mainstream yeah? Because I'm still looking for good, more obscure tracks here.

Obscure? Alright this pretty obscure and also, quite possibly, the whitest rap ever. I mean super white.

Professor Elemental

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    But there's no such thing as second hand trans fat/cholesterol/sodium.

This discussion has been closed.