As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Interrupting Elk[chat]

1929394959698»

• Options
    HavelockHavelock Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote:
    blimps seem really weird and dangerous

how do you feel about zeppelins?

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Pony wrote:
    The unfair banning competition and the fallout that came out of it is pretty much the primary reason I don't really post in SE++ anymore.

Even though I didn't "win", my petulant behaviour towards the entire proceedings managed to engorge the hate-boners of the people who didn't like me far more than they already were, and it just made people who didn't dislike me before jump on the bandwagon.

I thought it was a pretty awful thing all told.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Pony wrote:
    The unfair banning competition and the fallout that came out of it is pretty much the primary reason I don't really post in SE++ anymore.

Even though I didn't "win", my petulant behaviour towards the entire proceedings managed to engorge the hate-boners of the people who didn't like me far more than they already were, and it just made people who didn't dislike me before jump on the bandwagon.

i know i hate you, you butt 8->

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    The guy in the next cube over regularly digs his own grave in conversations with people that drop by. It's painful to listen to.

I want to get a little rope ladder to throw over the wall when things start to get especially bad.

Give us an example!

Usually it's something really technical where he takes a position that's not easily defended before thinking things through.

Once though, my boss dropped by and asked him if he was working hard. Just like a joking "hey, workin' hard?". But apparently he was not and he was reading the news and launched into a big defensive speech about how he was just taking a short break. To which my boss immediately said "how many breaks do you typically take"? You can imagine where things went from there.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Drez wrote:
    Can I use like...an oven tray to cook on a stove? Or pretty much only a pot/pan?

I'm such a noob cooker.

I mean ... in theory, yes.

But burners and pots/pans are both circular shape for a reason.

The reason being that using a baking tray, you'll have no idea how far/evenly the heat radiates, and you'll also look silly.

But I mean, if you had no other choice, and just wanted cooked something in your face, then ... yes, this is a thing that can be done! :P

• Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    but wasnt that undercurrent p much always there

also im enjoying the mlp shitfest that is occuring in the penny arcade hub oh wait no im not

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Why can't it be an RPG night

Aaron took me out for lunch and I helped him with some character stuff for M&M

now I'm all excited to yell at Critical and make fun of Jacob

Critical is a little bitch.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal come to Toronto tomorrow and buy me food and then laugh at all of my jokes and when I scream at the waitress be like 'you know that was totally reasonable you did ask for no ice in your drink' and then massage my feet okay 8->

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Pony wrote:
    TL,DR wrote:
    TL,DR wrote:
    I wouldn't mind a ban-by-popular-vote system, as long as we were never allowed to post about it.

Ask Pony how that goes.

I voted in that thread, TFS was banned and Pony wasn't. So I assume he'd say "pretty good"?

Actually the unfair banning competition was a terrible idea. It basically just created bandwagons of hatred that didn't need to exist. It was terrible for the community and poisonous to the atmosphere of SE++.

I was actually sort of annoyed with being included in the whole thing against my will so I wrote a colossal asshole post, because I figured I might as well go out with a bang. I didn't figure I'd win anyway (I always figured Tube would win, I was surprised when TFS did and Tube came second) so I decided to take the opportunity to shake my dick at the haters.

This, in hindsight, proved to be a bad choice.

Oboro lobbied for people to vote for teefs

it was one of the more unfortunate social dynamics I have ever witnessed

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote:
    I think everyone does. Especially nerds.

I still pop in 2112 and moving pictures from time to time

My girlfriend hates Rush. Well, technically she hates Geddy Lee. She has a no-Geddy rule.

Rush songs are okay as long as they're instrumentals. So I could put on YYZ or whatever if I wanted to.

I haven't had the itch in years, though. I never deliberately listen to Rush anymore. But if I'm in a bar or something and Spirit of the Radio comes on the jukebox... I will admit to quietly enjoying it.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal come to Toronto tomorrow and buy me food and then laugh at all of my jokes and when I scream at the waitress be like 'you know that was totally reasonable you did ask for no ice in your drink' and then massage my feet okay 8->

I will do, like, maybe half those things.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Rent wrote:
    but wasnt that undercurrent p much always there

also im enjoying the mlp shitfest that is occuring in the penny arcade hub oh wait no im not

Not always. The unfair banning competition was the perfect examplar of Tubes admin style. Though I can't say it was better before tube. He just brought his own style in with him.

edit: meant to say better there

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote:

The direct TV blimp? Dude, I was just watching it too.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Havelock wrote:
    Gooey wrote:

i am pro zeppelins as long as i can get the led out

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Drez wrote:
    Can I use like...an oven tray to cook on a stove? Or pretty much only a pot/pan?

I'm such a noob cooker.

You could technically, I'd avoid it. Just cook it in the oven? With meat especially because you can cook unevenly and get food poisoning and shit like that.
    Rent wrote:
    i guess you never saw the numerous threads she derailed and dramabombed, or the numerous threads she derailed with her incessant love for talking about how much she loved black dudes, or the awful and catty things she did, or her passive-aggressive posting that was so prevalent it became a forum meme

Forum meme? Enlighten me?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    HavelockHavelock Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Gooey wrote:
    Havelock wrote:
    Gooey wrote:

i am pro zeppelins as long as i can get the led out

:^:

Havelock on
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    i mean seriously it is not possible to communicate with mlp fans. they are in their own deluded bubble which ignores objective reality so they can just yell angrily at anyone who leverages even the slightest criticism of their children's television show

and the worst part is is even when there's no criticism, they go out of their way to tell other people who don't give a fuck how awesome the show is and rub it in and post really fucking stupid pony specific image macros and make Inside Jokes In All Caps and ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Man, it is a good day for legal rulings.

http://news.yahoo.com/judge-blocks-texas-abortion-law-requiring-sonograms-010552309.html

Judge rules Rick Perry's "forcing women to look at pictures of their unborn fetus before an abortion" law is unconstitutional. Will wonders never cease...

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote:
    Pony wrote:
    TL,DR wrote:
    TL,DR wrote:
    I wouldn't mind a ban-by-popular-vote system, as long as we were never allowed to post about it.

Ask Pony how that goes.

I voted in that thread, TFS was banned and Pony wasn't. So I assume he'd say "pretty good"?

Actually the unfair banning competition was a terrible idea. It basically just created bandwagons of hatred that didn't need to exist. It was terrible for the community and poisonous to the atmosphere of SE++.

I was actually sort of annoyed with being included in the whole thing against my will so I wrote a colossal asshole post, because I figured I might as well go out with a bang. I didn't figure I'd win anyway (I always figured Tube would win, I was surprised when TFS did and Tube came second) so I decided to take the opportunity to shake my dick at the haters.

This, in hindsight, proved to be a bad choice.

Oboro lobbied for people to vote for teefs

it was one of the more unfortunate social dynamics I have ever witnessed

I remember that.

When TFS started to transition, Oboro tried really hard to invite her to Sisterhood of the Travelling Yaya Pants

Like TFS started posting about transitioning and Oboro was like "OH HEY SISTER LET ME GIVE YOU ALL THIS ADVICE ON BEING TRANS" and TFS was like

who are you

go away

I didn't ask for your advice

then TFS learned more about Oboro's special kind of personality and was even more horrified

so, Oboro turned into a catty bitch and turned on TFS for not wanting to be her Trans-Sith Apprentice

it was really bizarre. I actually felt bad for TFS, publicly admitting to being trans is hard enough (especially to a community that knew you before that and still uses masculine pronouns about you) but then when one of the first responses from a transperson in that community is someone like Oboro.

yowza.

it's like coming out as gay and the first gay dude to come talk to you is Boy George

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote:
    Gooey wrote:

The direct TV blimp? Dude, I was just watching it too.

was it jsut me or did it seem to be blowing around

like, its rudders were doing nothing

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Pfft. Zeppelins.

Hybrid lifting body airships ftw

This discussion has been closed.