The holiday hangout will go online tomorrow! If there's anything in the regular subforums that you're going to want to access over the holidays, copy it now while it's still accessible.
Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

FLOPAX 2011: MORE LIKE RAINPAX

SheriSheri Resident FlufferMy Living RoomRegistered User regular
edited October 2011 in Singularity Engine++
It's that time of year again!

The time of year when I (and @Javen) get some of you homps into Walt Disney World

FOR FREE

How sweet is that?

It's damn sweet, so don't make me regret it.

Here's the deal.

WHEN: October 8-9
WHERE: Disney World, Florida
WHAT: Epcot International Food and Wine Festival

That's right. Saturday, October 8 we will be going to the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival and spending a shitton of money on the best food you'll eat all year.

YES, IT WILL COST A LOT OF MONEY

That's not necessarily true. It will cost as much money as you want to spend. There are 29 pavilions to explore, and a ton of delicious options. Please note that kiosks offer tastings that run $3-$8 per serving, and drinks depend entirely on how fancy the drink is. And luckily for you, you'll be with a few experienced F&Wers who've done this before, and we can recommend what to try (and what to avoid, not that there is much). PLEASE bring money. However if you are poor as shit (looking at you, @crwth), you are welcome to come and hang and keep your hands in your pockets cuz you ain't gettin' none of my delicious foods.

You do NOT have to be 21+ to attend, but it is WAY more fun.

Tentative plan:

October 8: Meet around 9am at Downtown Disney. We will then carpool to Epcot to avoid paying parking fees (cuz fuck that noise). If you have a curfew and have to leave early, you may need to get yourself there and possibly pay for parking (we'll see what we can work out). We'll spend the whole day having a ton of fun and probably leave after the fireworks at 9pm. IF 9AM IS TOO EARLY FOR MOST OF YOU, LET ME KNOW. I WILL CONSIDER MEETING LATER (but that is less food to enjoy!).
October 9: We'll go to another park, of the group's choice.

You obviously do not have to attend both days. I know some people will be coming into town for this, they are welcome to get a hotel and come both days. Locals can drive in, but I know not everyone can be there both days. Just let me know which day(s) you'd like to come so that I can plan accordingly.

LIST OF AWESOME ATTENDEES (subject to change):
@Sheri
@Javen
@Smart Hero
@Stareosarus
@DHS Odium + 1
@crwth
@Romanian My Escutcheon (oh god did I do that right)
@Jasconius
@A duck!
@Didgeridoo
@Just_Bri_Thanks
@PiptheFair (DUH)
@Sal
@rhylith
@Matey
@Retaba
@Rinder

TENTATIVELY AWESOME PEOPLE WHO ARE CONSIDERING ATTENDING:
@naporeon
@Raneados
@AgentofOrange

CHUMPS WHO GOT MY HOPES UP
@Stale
@Futore

OUT-OF-TOWNERS: You are so invited. Please come, I am sick of seeing the same people's faces every year.

This thread is subject to change without notice.

IF YOU NEED A HOTEL, CHECK THIS POST: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/20426930#Comment_20426930

TIMES AND WHATNOT: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/20693755#Comment_20693755

Sheri on