As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pony Trek VI: The UnDiscorded Country

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Joolander wrote:
    nah, that's still Flutterbitch

61510%20-%20angel%20apple_bloom%20artist%253Aniban_destikim%20comic%20discorded%20flutterbitch%20fluttershy%20spike%20zecora.jpg

That's some adorable villainy right there.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    There's also a 52-second clip of S2E2 on The Hub's Youtube channel. I presume it's a spoiler so I haven't watched it yet. A day and a half to go until the full episode, but linked in case anyone likes sneak peeks.

• Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    Looks like its from really early on in the episode, maybe just after the intro? It's not particularly spoilerish unless you just don't want to see any part of the episode at all until it airs (which is reasonable).

• Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    Discord keeps delivering

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote:
    Personface wrote:
    chrisnl wrote:
    Also, why does it have to be Thursday, and not Saturday morning?

My sentiment exactly.

Because if it's online as soon as it's aired, you have no incentive to try to watch it on TV. And TV advertisement brings in significantly more revenue than website ads.

I'm afraid you misunderstood me on that one. I have no problem with them delaying the web release to whatever day later in the week they want. I simply would prefer that right now it was Saturday morning, not Thursday. In other words, I want to see the conclusion. :)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Passing on the clip as well, but it's only slightly more time till the episode airs.

I really approve of the Pony Polka video, because it's lipsynched so well. My favorite cartoon music video is one that's lipsynched really well (and probably over 10 years old now.) Most are just "meh, throw music and clips together" but I like that extra effort and it REALLY shows. Definitely in my favorites.

Syphyre on
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx6B69sFsi4 This is still the best timing I've ever seen in an AMV, though then again it doesn't have any real lip syncing.

Note: Not pony related. SFW, though.. I think.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Syphyre wrote:
    My favorite cartoon music video is one that's lipsynched really well (and probably over 10 years old now.) Most are just "meh, throw music and clips together" but I like that extra effort and it REALLY shows. Definitely in my favorites.

The Dr. Horrible ones are quite impressive in that regard.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    two_and_a_half_mares_by_the_crooper-d4aiqmk.png

059cfc70e0d7d614149e58b52e9425e1-d4ab9zd.png

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Am I a bad person for wanting to go to BroNYcon on Saturday? I can't mind you since I'll be driving from Mississippi to Atlanta thay day but I'm a sucker for the fun atmosphere of big cons. I'm assuming this has turned into a big con already.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    yes

I thought BroNYcon was last week, or do they do it every week now?

e: I was wrong, it's every 3 months

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    yes

I thought BroNYcon was last week, or do they do it every week now?

e: I was wrong, it's every 3 months

Closest thing I have is AWA next week which I'm sure will have more than a few MLP cosplayers.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    wirehead26 wrote:
    Am I a bad person for wanting to go to BroNYcon on Saturday? I can't mind you since I'll be driving from Mississippi to Atlanta thay day but I'm a sucker for the fun atmosphere of big cons. I'm assuming this has turned into a big con already.
    It seems like a really silly thing to have a con over. Unacceptable.

Imagine if PAX was just about the comic. It just...wouldn't work out. That's why PAX is pretty brilliant in the way they did it.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    wirehead26 wrote:
    It seems like a really silly thing to have a con over. Unacceptable.

Imagine if PAX was just about the comic. It just...wouldn't work out. That's why PAX is pretty brilliant in the way they did it.

Well it's just a one day show that happens every three months so at least it doesn't last 3 days like most conventions.

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    BronyCon is every.. 3 months? Wow

• Options
    Well, there are those who do like meetups. I'd consider it one of those more than a full convention, unless there's stuff like official reps breaking news or selling things.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    well, they did manage to convince Jayson Thiessen to show up

also, there's a special guest appearance by NEIGHSLAYER (pony metal band)

what is this I don't even

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    I know this is a small thing..

a really small thing...

but I *LOVE* when people render rainbow dash's rainbow with red on the bottom. It shows just how much attention to detail they give the show.

It almost infuriates me when they make it "red -on-top". I want to yell "YOU HAVE IT UPSIDE DOWN!"

• Options
    halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    oh and....
    celestial_creatures_by_johnjoseco-d4afz9w.png

• Options
    whitekitsunewhitekitsune Registered User regular
    Woot the forums are back.

Well, just to share a link, Screwattack did a fantastic Starscream vs Rainbow Dash battle.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/09/rainbow-dash-vs-starscream-

I was really worried that it was going to be some thing, well not pleasent, but they did alot of work into this, and it's really fun.

Guess who wins (By a NOM)

• Options
    BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    "Are we really doin' this?"
    "Yes. Yes we are."

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    halkun wrote:

a really small thing...

but I *LOVE* when people render rainbow dash's rainbow with red on the bottom. It shows just how much attention to detail they give the show.

It almost infuriates me when they make it "red -on-top". I want to yell "YOU HAVE IT UPSIDE DOWN!"

OOPS!
    rainbowdash_zetto_genki_dama_by_riokenng3-d425lf9.jpg

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    Three episodes later...

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    I had never noticed before that Rainbow Dash's rainbow is red on the bottom. Does that make her the second half of a double rainbow?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    It's dyed in the blood of her enemies.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    PersonfacePersonface HAIL GAY SATANRegistered User regular
    Her tail drags on the earth where the aforementioned enemies are felled.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Someone with a great deal more artistic talent then I do should interpret the anti-ponies in these episodes to be the mounts of the horsemen of the apocolypse.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    oh, this sounds fun

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/09/fim-animator-seeks-oc-ponies.html

I'm going to send him one too

• Options
    OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    halkun wrote:

a really small thing...

Actually, depending on which way she's facing in the show, it'll change to reflect that she's facing the opposite direction, so really, it's only wrong when she's looking to her left. I noticed this once when watching an episode for drawing references.

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    actually, they while they do change it depending on which way she's facing, that continuity only effects that scene

its just like how Fluttershy and Rarity are constantly changing which side their manes part on, and the purple/pink streak in Twilight's hair shows up wherever it would look best at the time

anyway, Rainbow's tail is always red on bottom and violet on top

• Options
    About half a day to go. If you're watching it live, now's probably a good time to review your primary and/or backup viewing plans.

• Options
    PersonfacePersonface HAIL GAY SATANRegistered User regular
  • Options
    FDlff.jpg

ubqUz.png

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I dunno why I didn't see the Discord episode 'til just now. Fluttershy is the greatest for being the easiest resistant to his trickery.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    SabreMau wrote:
    There's also a 52-second clip of S2E2 on The Hub's Youtube channel. I presume it's a spoiler so I haven't watched it yet. A day and a half to go until the full episode, but linked in case anyone likes sneak peeks.
    He did the Q snap! :D

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    6160920-20Star_Wars20artist_raikoh1420celestia20padawan20parody20twilight_sparkle.jpg

6271320-20Sweetie_Belle20apple_bloom20chicken20dictionary20scootaloo.jpg

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    less that 30 mins still the live streams start for ep s2e2

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    just rewatched part 1

Discord's umbrella meows when opened

• Options