As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

F#$@ This Ending!

• Options
    BerkBerk THE BUDGIE SMUGGLER Registered User regular
  • Options
    TLHTLH Registered User regular
    The ending to Carnivàle. I mean lack thereof.

The ending to The Matrix. I mean Matrix 2 and 3.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Season of the Witch
    CAGE AND PERLMAN NOOOO

• Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    TLH wrote:

oh fuck, this reminds me of how deadwood didn't get a proper send off and i still hold out a faint glimmer of hope for a deadwood movie that'll never happen

also how rushed the ending to pushing daisies was. whoops, we got cancelled, gotta wrap it up. love that show, goddamn

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I still have mixed feelings about the ending to inception
    on the one hand, the "...OR IS IT?!" ending was cliche as hell and a lot of people saw it coming and was frustrating initially

on the other hand, it started a debate about just how much of the movie was actually a dream and got people to go back and argue and analyze the film and the story and how much of it was meant to be a metaphor etc etc and I don't think any other way of ending it could have led to that result as effectively

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    you know what had good endings

the twilight zone

I should make a twilight zone thread soon

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Macera wrote:
    dbrock270 wrote:
    No Country for Old Men.

I don't understand the love for this movie either
    it's a fantastic movie with great acting and one of the best villains of the last 20 years?

• Options
    QuestionMarkManQuestionMarkMan Registered User regular
    Lost for being disappointing and Deadwood for not being allowed to finish.

I will say that I went and saw Babylon AD in theaters (yes the Vin Diesel movie) and that had the worst ending I've ever seen.

• Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    I'm trying to come up with an ending I hate.

I can think of a few I love. The first Saw, Unusual Suspects.

Oh I know, the second Pirates movie. I really feel that I paid for two movies in advance, but only got to see one and was going to be charged again for the third.
    Also Lost World. That whole ending sequence didn't need to happen and there was so much available to take from the books, there was no reason to leave the island. They could've easily gone along the 'when man plays God' theme that underlayed the first and was kinda there in the third. Second film? 'Man shoots shit'

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    BugBoy wrote:
    you know what had good endings

the twilight zone

I should make a twilight zone thread soon

Do ittttttttttt

• Options
    dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Macera wrote:
    dbrock270 wrote:
    No Country for Old Men.

I don't understand the love for this movie either

I thought the movie was incredible. Except for the ending.

When I watched it in theaters it was one of the first movies in a while that I really got into.

dbrock270 on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    also that thing they tacked onto Pushing Daisies

• Options
    maritzacmaritzac Registered User regular
    It really happens a lot to Stephen King on his novels. Novel goes great, and about the middle starts going downhill to usually an incredibly shitty ending.

It happens to It, it happens to The Stand, it happens to The Dome, it happens to the Dark Tower series (which go to shit around book 4), it happens to Cell, it happens to The Tommyknockers, etc etc etc.

King should stick to write novelettes and short stories. He's a better writer when he doesn't allow himself to go all bloated and useless on his plots.

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    maritzac wrote:
    King should stick to write novelettes and short stories. He's a better writer when he doesn't allow himself to go all bloated and useless on his plots.

Good god yes

The Long Walk? Rage? Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption? More please

• Options
    DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    Rubicon for wasting its potential

• Options
    lostwords wrote:
    TLH wrote:

oh fuck, this reminds me of how deadwood didn't get a proper send off and i still hold out a faint glimmer of hope for a deadwood movie that'll never happen

also how rushed the ending to pushing daisies was. whoops, we got cancelled, gotta wrap it up. love that show, goddamn

Juuuust waiting for Fringe to get this treatment...

I really liked the end to Inception. Or at least the ending I decided it was.

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    dbrock270 wrote:
    No Country for Old Men.

do you have a learning disability

or maybe a metal plate in your head

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    oh man, shawshank redemption

now there's a movie with a fucking fantastic ending

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Alright, fine, I'll go ahead and take the easy route and bring up Star Ocean 3.

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    YaYa wrote:
    Battlestar Galactica
    I choose to believe that show ended after episode 13 of season 4

While I don't really want to get into another stupid argument about why I liked the ending where everyone tells me I'm an idiot

you're suggesting they should have ended the series
    right in the middle of the Gaeta/Zarek mutiny/coup

so I assume you're talking about a different episode

• Options
    hey did anyone read the diamond age by neal stephenson

that's some horse shit

• Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular

God, that and the Green Mile were amazing. Does King have any more prison stories? Because he seems to shine there for some reason

• Options
    like they just took a big ol' pile of shit from a horse's ass and put a paperback cover on it

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

yeah

that one just nails it

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    MrMonroe wrote:
    YaYa wrote:
    Battlestar Galactica

While I don't really want to get into another stupid argument about why I liked the ending where everyone tells me I'm an idiot

you're suggesting they should have ended the series
    right in the middle of the Gaeta/Zarek mutiny/coup

so I assume you're talking about a different episode
    I might be getting my numbers wrong, but whatever episode where Helen's revealed as the fifth is what they should have ended on

YaYa on
  • Options
    like if you got hit by a truck full of radioactive waste and got superpowers like daredevil

only instead of having super blind guy powers instead you had the ability to read information from horse shit

every goddamn horse flop and road apple you came across would be the diamond age

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Usagi wrote:
    maritzac wrote:

Good god yes

The Long Walk? Rage? Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption? More please

The Dark Half is basically my favourite book.

• Options
    Knob wrote:

that's some horse shit

goddamn, I don't want to agree with this, but the last hundred pages or so were just bleeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Stephenson basically needs to outsource his third acts to someone who knows what the fuck instead of being all 'okay I've established all the cool sci-fi shit I wanted to establish uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh END THE BOOK END THE BOOK END THE BOOK'

• Options
    Homestuck

• Options
    YaYa wrote:
    Knob wrote:

that's some horse shit

goddamn, I don't want to agree with this, but the last hundred pages or so were just bleeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Stephenson basically needs to outsource his third acts to someone who knows what the fuck instead of being all 'okay I've established all the cool sci-fi shit I wanted to establish uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh END THE BOOK END THE BOOK END THE BOOK'

see! you know!

that was a perfectly nice book that felt like he left it in an attic for ten years, then accidentally stumbled across it and went, 'uhhh i guess i should finish this hmmmmmm HORSE SHIT and done! god i am the best writer'

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    on the one hand, the "...OR IS IT?!" ending was cliche as hell and a lot of people saw it coming and was frustrating initially

on the other hand, it started a debate about just how much of the movie was actually a dream and got people to go back and argue and analyze the film and the story and how much of it was meant to be a metaphor etc etc and I don't think any other way of ending it could have led to that result as effectively

there were a lot of people in the audience when I saw it who audibly groaned or said "COME ON" really loudly at the end of the last shot

I had quite the chuckle

• Options
    MrMonroe wrote:

there were a lot of people in the audience when I saw it who audibly groaned or said "COME ON" really loudly at the end of the last shot

I had quite the chuckle
    oh hey you were in my theatre

• Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    you should read Anathem

it's clear he worked pretty hard to counter that impression

the ending is very satisfying

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    Ruby RhodRuby Rhod Multipass!Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote:
    Battlestar Galactica

God damnit yes.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    YaYa wrote:
    Knob wrote:

that's some horse shit

From my understanding, this was the strategy they used with Douglas Adams. For the radio and a lot of the other bits. Douglas I guess didn't end shit usually.

edit. I'm retarded.

TLH on
  • Options
    MrMonroe wrote:

I had quite the chuckle

I was one of these people

• Options
    Knob wrote:
    YaYa wrote:
    Knob wrote:

that's some horse shit

see! you know!

that was a perfectly nice book that felt like he left it in an attic for ten years, then accidentally stumbled across it and went, 'uhhh i guess i should finish this hmmmmmm HORSE SHIT and done! god i am the best writer'

Knob do you feel like Snow Crash did the same thing

• Options
    Tossrock wrote:
    you should read Anathem

it's clear he worked pretty hard to counter that impression

the ending is very satisfying

>: (

i didn't want to read your stupid book for nerds anyway

• Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    The Pale King

:<

• Options
    YaYa wrote:
    Knob do you feel like Snow Crash did the same thing

i enjoyed snow crash but yeah the third act does go fffrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeooooow and veers off into neal land and then there is ten pages of crazy action and then the whole thing kinda slams into a brick wall

it's not as bad as diamond age or cryptonomicon, but yes snow crash has it too