As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's the All-New Vanilla-Flavoured CF Secret Santa 2011!

12345679»

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    @Gabriel_Pitt yesterday your gift was delivered into the care of the Japanese postal service and should now be fighting it's way through the warp to you.
    It takes about a week for stuff to get from here to the UK, so hopefully it'll be similar to the states.

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    If it went Para Avon, then yeah, it usually took about 4-14 days.

• Options
    NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    Hey CF,

I haven't been around for awhile, and I am sorry for that. Im posting to let you all know that I am one of the Santas that has not yet had their Santee receive a gift. Given my history of Santas, and the amazing generosity that this board has shown to m, this is something that pains me to no end. I put off getting something together as quickly as I normally do because of a Santee specific challenge this year. I spent some extra time trying to make sure what I got for that person was as good as I could make it. Unfortunately, while pondering, researching, and getting recommendations from other forumers, I got overwhelmed with work (GameStop store manager at christmas :( ), real life obligations (Ayana and I committing to and planning a last minute wedding for the end of January), and a death in the family. As real as these distractions were, I allowed them to push the CF SS from my mind, and I apologize to my Santee and to the forum as a whole. They are not valid excuses, but I intend to do all I can to make this right.

First, I have sent my Santee a PM (and he has actually responded while I am yping this). He is aware of the situation, and that he is going to have at least two packages on the way to him (first today, second likely tomorrow or Thursday).

Second, for the next SS event, I will not participate in receiving a gift. I will, however, randomly draw at least one name (depending on finances at the time) from a hat of my own. Hopefully, CF Santa will work with me to get that persons contact information, so that I may send them extra presents to atone for my sins this go around.

Again, I apologize to my Santee, but also to the CF Secret Santa participants, for being a late Santa this year.

<3 you all,
    Joe

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    This fucking guy. <3

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Gift was sent Santee. I hope you appreciate the irony of it all.'

Also, all of my hate for FedEx....

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    <3 Joe <3

• Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    A classy post, sir!

e: PS I think my SS present has arrived as I received a delivery today. I'll know tomorrow!

TimFiji on
    Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      A box arrived in my postbox today, containing the following:
      280814-0281-azul.jpg
      280801-0219-azul.jpg

Thanks @Asher !

• Options
      VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
      edited January 2012
      Infinity does have some sexy models.

Vanguard on
    • Options
      TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
      I don't know who you are (forum name), Steve, but your present was pretty damn awesome. I grew up moving from place to place and often I only had my legos to keep me company. Your present of Lego Heroica Fortaan and Nathuz was a great surprise. My friends are coming over Saturday night to build the game and try playing it! I'll post some pics of it when complete. It'll be fun to see a group of 30 yr olds building these! :)

tl;dr Thank you, Steve for a great present. I will definitely enjoy this in my collection!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
        Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
      • Options
        [GHSC]Ryctor[GHSC]Ryctor Registered User regular
        Tim I'm glad you liked them. I was worried that it wouldnt get to you in time.

You'd be surprised the amount of damage a hauler can do in the right hands ~ Istvaan Shogaatsu
      • Options
        CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
        edited January 2012
        So I got myself one hell of a package today!

A packecage that contained the following:
        Necron Warriors
        Catacomb Command Barge
        Wracks
        DE Warriors
        and a Raider

Thanks muchly Matev, you are a stand-up guy!

CorporateLogo on
        Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
      • Options
        altmannaltmann Registered User regular
        I got my package yesterday (sorry for the delay!).

It contained exactly what I wanted! I got the Cutthroat Caverns game! Thanks SS! I know it's an obscure game but I've wanted it for 2 years and just keep forgetting to order it. I play it at PAX every year so this is gonna be fun.

THANKS!

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
      • Options
        [GHSC]Ryctor[GHSC]Ryctor Registered User regular
        Still no package.. does not bode well. Hmmmm

You'd be surprised the amount of damage a hauler can do in the right hands ~ Istvaan Shogaatsu
      • Options
        MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
        So I got myself one hell of a package today!

A packecage that contained the following:
        Necron Warriors
        Catacomb Command Barge
        Wracks
        DE Warriors
        and a Raider

Thanks muchly Matev, you are a stand-up guy!

Glad you like 'em man, hope you can put 'em to good use. :D

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
        Hail Hydra
      • Options
        AsherAsher Registered User regular
        Well my attempt to fully assemble and photograph my presents before posting has been thoroughly foiled by the complexity of Reverend superior Cassandra Kusanagi. Also in the same package came Bran do Castro, Triple Zero and Mordikaar the Void Seer.

I suspect that Gabriel_Pitt is my Santa, but whoever it is, thank you very much!

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
      • Options
        CF SANTACF SANTA Registered User regular
        edited January 2012
        Good evening all. I'm pleased to see that things have gone mostly well, though at the moment I know of one person who has not received anything yet. If anyone else has not received a present please PM me urgently. Thank you.

CF SANTA on
        santasig.jpg
      • Options
        AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
        I haven't gotten anything yet, but I do believe @Nax has sent it. That's good enough for me!

• Options
        TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
        I also have not received anything but I should soon, so it's alright.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
      • Options
        Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
        Asher wrote:
        Well my attempt to fully assemble and photograph my presents before posting has been thoroughly foiled by the complexity of Reverend superior Cassandra Kusanagi. Also in the same package came Bran do Castro, Triple Zero and Mordikaar the Void Seer.

I suspect that Gabriel_Pitt is my Santa, but whoever it is, thank you very much!

You are correct, sir! There's also one more part to it that maelstrom hasn't sent yet, so who knows when you'l get it. :P

• Options
        AsherAsher Registered User regular
        Oooh! I love surprises! Thanks Gabriel!

I got the package a little while ago,but was trying to be sneaky. Sadly Major Reverend Kusanagi has thorough foiled me.

What are your legs doing crazy woman! I don't understand!

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
      • Options
        @Anialos: Delivery to your stateside address was listed between Monday, 23rd and Thursday, 26th. That is on its way. Hoping to send that care package by the time I leave to get married on Wednesday :)

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
      • Options
        Huzzah! Best wishes on the wedding!

• Options
        Congrats Nax! Hope it all goes smoothly

• Options
        Congratulations Nax.

Y u no has us as an Honour Guard for the big day?!

santasig.jpg
      • Options
        edited January 2012
        We're having a ceremony with 6 guests.. my parents and brother. Her parents and sister. We only stopped from eloping because I would have been guilted for life by my mother.

Man, if we had a big ceremony, I'd need Altmann as my best man, and then like, Scurvy, Spherick, SJ, Tim, Law, Day, and 10 other guys from the 40k thread to be my Groomsmen (I like Honor Guard better :P)

Nax on
      • Options
        I've been meaning to put this up for a bit - my present from Dayspring is... something!
        santa001.jpg
        It actually took me a bit to figure out what these were, given the variety of kits that went into their construction - anything I want! They would work equally well as crypteks or court lords, praetorians, even lychguard. A very handy unit to have! Thanks, Dayspring!

• Options
        No problem, glad they got to you ok!
        I built them as Crypteks but kept them generic enough to run as whatever you fancy.

• Options
        JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
        Still waiting to hear if the gift arrived or not. I have a feeling should I do this again, I'll research time/space technology so I don't have to use the local post office station here at the university. Or I'll go into town. After this season, i wouldn't trust these guys with a bag of peanuts.

steam_sig.png
        I can has cheezburger, yes?
      • Options
        I hope @Nax's care package he sent to my overseas address gets here soon. I'm about to start packing to head home! Still waiting on the wife to get me pics of the game he sent to the house. So, Thanks @Nax!

• Options
        Oh! Whoa! That's so much better! Peeeeerfect. I calling my store right now to stop them from letting UPS pick it up. It will be so much better suited going to your US address if you will be back with your wife soon :)

• Options
        Nax wrote:
        Oh! Whoa! That's so much better! Peeeeerfect. I calling my store right now to stop them from letting UPS pick it up. It will be so much better suited going to your US address if you will be back with your wife soon :)

Yep! Less than two weeks now!

• Options
        VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
        So what are the stats from this year's SS? Did anyone get shafted? Has all been resolved?

• Options
        Er, actually I'm not sure. If anyone didn't get anything please let me know.

santasig.jpg