As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition] Triple Skulls is where it's at!

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    He also said he used the apoth on his lineman when he thought it was his thrower (after the no misclick).

OH that line. The way I read it was, He thought his "thrower" had gotten injured, but it ended up being a lineman, because they look similar on the field.

Wow, we must be bored, picking apart his post like this. Heh

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Blizzards were just peachy wheh I was playing Dwarves in the last league. 5+ (after modifiers) to pick the ball up from clear open ground? Don't mind if I just ignore this and punch you in the face a bit more.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    Man, I feel like such a dick. I bitch and moan about no one in the open league, then in the middle of a game I have my dinner delivered and have to abandon the match.

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    4 minutes while he has his turn to grab your dinner and devour it!

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    He also said he used the apoth on his lineman when he thought it was his thrower (after the no misclick).

OH that line. The way I read it was, He thought his "thrower" had gotten injured, but it ended up being a lineman, because they look similar on the field.

Wow, we must be bored, picking apart his post like this. Heh

Yea, that's how I read it too, but he could confirm who was injured by looking at who was selected in the bottom right! ;)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    4 minutes while he has his turn to grab your dinner and devour it!

HAHA, my wife already thinks I eat like a pig.

• Options
    ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    Later in the second half I take a 2D block vs his minotaur, get both down and figure at least it knocks him down. Which actually means my guy somehow KILLS himself in the block.
    Caution: Minotaurs have sharp ends.

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    Alright, I create an Elf, Khemri and Nurgle team so when I am online you can play against any team.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Yeah, I didn't look hard at who it was when he got injured. It's just that the lineman 'skin' has the same white shirt and suspenders as my thrower, so I really thought that's who it was and didn't want the MNG.
    The opening block of the game where my blitzer got murdered was when I meant to apothecary, but hit no. :( Really, all they need to do on these things is add an 'Are you sure?' button, no matter if you click yes or no. Especially for such an major thing that you absolutely only get to use once per game, how hard is an extra button to make sure you're clicking the right one?
    Thanks Cyanide, you're the best!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Yeah, I didn't look hard at who it was when he got injured. It's just that the lineman 'skin' has the same white shirt and suspenders as my thrower, so I really thought that's who it was and didn't want the MNG.
    The opening block of the game where my blitzer got murdered was when I meant to apothecary, but hit no. :( Really, all they need to do on these things is add an 'Are you sure?' button, no matter if you click yes or no. Especially for such an major thing that you absolutely only get to use once per game, how hard is an extra button to make sure you're clicking the right one?
    Thanks Cyanide, you're the best!

How many times have we hit end turn before we wanted to?

• Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    I'm not gonna lie. That first block was the best first block in the history of Blood Bowl.

• Options
    BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Thanks for the write-up, Blitz! But, let's be very clear here ...
    Turn 12, the Hippies found enough space for English Walnut (Hippies, Lineman) to launch a pass upfield, into the waiting hands of The Larch, who ran it in to tie the game 1-1.

What actually happened was you said, "Okay - it's time for you to make your own incredible play." On my next turn ...

The ball was in three unfriendly tackle zones, with my thrower, Chihuahua Spruce, knocked down 1 square to the north of it, and a smattering of linemen in nearby, but non-advantageous positions.

Thus, my War Dancer leaped over your blocker (?), and pushed him back a square on a 2-die block, clearing one of the tackle-zones on the ball. A lineman charged in to assist a second in throwing a block on one of the remaining Pompadors covering the ball, and suceeded in pushing him back - only to realize, after the fact, that the only place he could push him was into the ball. (I'd meant to push him 1 square north, cascading into the player you had stationed there and allowing me to push him away from my thrower, making the snatch-and-grab much easier.)

Luckily, though, the pushed Pompador was not able to pick up the ball, which bounced even further to the left and came to rest immediately next to the line, albeit in a free square uncovered by Pompadors.

So, Chihua Spruce, even if he hadn't been laying down in two tackle zones, was now unable to reach the ball in a single turn, since he'd have to circle all the way around the scrimmage. Inspiration struck (and, I figured, if one of your linemen could toss a ball, mine should be able to, as well), and English Walnut ran in for the pick-up, maneuvered to take the Pompadors out of easy interception range, and hucked the ball downfield to The Larch.

The Larch caught it easily, but was that it? Was that enough for the goal? No. He, in fact, had to make his way around the two remaining linemen between him and the goal line, requiring not one, not two, but three Dodge rolls (he had to reroll the 2nd) and a Go For It. Which, somehow, he managed to pull off, unlike basically every other Go For It roll by either team the entire game.

Seriously, I think we failed more 2+ rolls than we made.

Typical, the one time I don't make notes of what happened during the game while playing, is the one time I should have made notes of what happened during the game while playing. I guess that means English Walnut made the earlier pass instead, too. :?

But seriously, 2+ rolls are the hardest in the game. :D

PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    mrt144 wrote: »
    That was the most comically awful 1 pt loss ever. I had 3 injuries, 1 death, the ball never went past the half line into his territory. Humans man, they're just so...mediocre. I made some really poor decisions but also, I totally don't know how to operate without there being some semblance of speed that compensates for risky decisions.

As a 14 year human veteran I can say that starting humans are a tough team to play, you get out bashed by the bashers and out maneuvered by the Agility teams. However, you have Catchers, they are one of the fastest players in the game. they are shockingly awful price to performance wise but they are fast.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    I'm going to roll over the extension league week at the end of monday, then its the final week. Custom special still has all the comissioner powers i left him with, so he can validate if I'm not around. I think the league is running out of steam, so hopefully we enough juice to make it to the conclusion. Good luck getting these games played.

I'll try to get my game in with Draeven, but no promises. Should be able to at least pretend to play while I feed the baby or something :)

• Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    you got any time today bigity ? I'm free most of the day tell about 3:30

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    edited March 2012
    That was the most comically awful 1 pt loss ever. I had 3 injuries, 1 death, the ball never went past the half line into his territory. Humans man, they're just so...mediocre. I made some really poor decisions but also, I totally don't know how to operate without there being some semblance of speed that compensates for risky decisions.

As a 14 year human veteran I can say that starting humans are a tough team to play, you get out bashed by the bashers and out maneuvered by the Agility teams. However, you have Catchers, they are one of the fastest players in the game. they are shockingly awful price to performance wise but they are fast.

The thing that I really had a tough time with though was that even though they are fast, they don't have AG 4 like the Gutter Runners do which allows better dodge and catch rolls.

I am loving the Halfings right now. Stunty is fun and throwing teammates is fun. Tonight I'm going to try and play a goblin game and see how that works out.

mrt144 on
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Me and bigity got our Extension League match in, was a bruiser on both sides, though the dwarfs found it hard to pierce the tough hides of the Orcs who went on to win 2 - 1..things went down hill in the 2nd half when i crowd surfed a Slayer who frenzied himself into a sideline position, and it just got uglier from there.
    So, to make it clearer , I won and bigity lost.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    papercuts6papercuts6 Registered User regular
    Ah, yes forgot to add steam info. On steam I'm simply Paper (the one with this very same Quake Guy avatar. http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197962259378

• Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    Live tweeting, me vs. Stopgap, Norse vs. Dark Elves. www.twitter.com/coachpalington as always.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    I'm in open league for game.

• Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    Game is over! 1-1 tie, although it shouldn't have been. A lineman somehow managed to make it out of a horde of dark elves (7 norse on the field vs. 10 dark elves), then get out of a dark elf cage that formed around him, then dodged away from the others for a turn 14 touch down. The dark elves were able to recover an out of bounds kick, but my horrible luck all game (no spp-generating injuries, only two temporary knock outs, vs. a MNG, Badly Hurt, four knock outs, and a crowdsurf) turned on them, causing them to miss a dodge one turn, then a failed throw from an AGI4 to an AGI4 for the end of the game.

Some twitter excerpts:
    ...and the first norse KO! And by that I mean, the first norse got KO'd. By an elf. #seriously?

[two minutes later]
    And the fans go wild! FIRST ELF TOUCHDOWN! You know what, Old Horizontal? You should have just stayed injured after last game #sheesh

And another hurts himself on a dark elf's spiked armor! #andthentherewere7

Breaking News! Puppy's Breath Porter goes down like a helpless puppy against an elven onslaught! #wheredidIfindtheseguys?

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Great Game Palington, Despite grevious injuries he stemmed the Tide of Dark Elves.

Truthfully I suspect my Dark Elves over Played their hand. If I had just been patient with that last block on your ballhandler I would have left him stuck in a sea of Dark Elf... sadly I just HAD to get that ball.

I was expecting at least one dead dark elf by the end, but thankfully (especially as my dual wielders were to cheap for an apothecary) no one was hurt injured or otherwise demolished.

stopgap on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    @Moridin889 I am ready to be beaten soundly whenever you are. Also, I will be streaming this game live as well.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Back in for open league after a short run to the grocery store.

• Options
    Yeah, when I accidentally moved that norsemen through your tackle zone by accident the turn of the touchdown, I literally put both hands over my mouth and didn't breathe until he'd dodged past.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    You and your fancy pants technology, Banzai! Why, in my day livetweeting a game was the talk of the town!

mrt, I've got dinner in a bit or I'd be on for some violence. Maybe sometime later this week.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    You and your fancy pants technology, Banzai! Why, in my day livetweeting a game was the talk of the town!

mrt, I've got dinner in a bit or I'd be on for some violence. Maybe sometime later this week.

Okay, sounds good.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    @banzai5150 My apologies. I forgot. I'll be getting right on.

• Options
    edited March 2012

Tweeting is so last week :p
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    @banzai5150 My apologies. I forgot. I'll be getting right on.

No rush, I'm reading up on Trading Strategies for Shogun 2 right now so hit me up with a Steam msg when you're ready to go.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Trading Strategies in Shogun 2 is like the 2nd most nerdy thing after livetweeting bloodbowl games.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Back in for open league after a short run to the grocery store.

Doing some forza right now, but I'll be on later for some open league action

• Options
    Trading Strategies in Shogun 2 is like the 2nd most nerdy thing after livetweeting bloodbowl games.

Well to be honest, I'm new to Shogun 2 and all the nuances of the game are not known to me. So I figure, I need money to make war, so working on making the best bang for the buck!

Also:

Live Streaming of match starting now... check it out on

http://www.livestream.com/banzaisstuff

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    papercuts6papercuts6 Registered User regular
    Week 2 game Tone Death vs Knife in your back ended 3-1 in favor of the Tones. The taste of such a bitter defeat is preventing me from writing up a colorful commentary, (as well as the fact that I forgot to take notes). Suffice to say, the dark elves couldn't fight their way out of a squigg-skin sack. 'Gratz to Tiger Burning, but Tone Death is going into the Knives' Big Black Blood-Bound Book of Grievances.

• Options
    OddllamaOddllama eBay plastic space robot A+ buyer OhioRegistered User regular
    Did someone say Open League?

• Options
    Oddllama wrote: »
    Did someone say Open League?

I did. Im always on.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Great game Moridin, sorry I killed your guy. I got really lucky and Nuffle felt sorry for me I suppose.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    me and tiger just finished a 1-0 match, choas vs. goblins. I killed one of his players and injured another, along with KOing some, but alas, the rain and lack of rerolls hamstrung me. I also put my pogoer next to a downed beastman, which was a terrible idea.

• Options
    Ok question time: Lineman leveled and I can increase AV, MA, or pick a skill... I think picking a skill would be best?

Which race? Skills are always useful but I can't pass up an AV8 linerat.

• Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    edited March 2012
    Ok question time: Lineman leveled and I can increase AV, MA, or pick a skill... I think picking a skill would be best?

Yeah, skill is usually best.

papercuts6 wrote: »
    Week 2 game Tone Death vs Knife in your back ended 3-1 in favor of the Tones. The taste of such a bitter defeat is preventing me from writing up a colorful commentary, (as well as the fact that I forgot to take notes). Suffice to say, the dark elves couldn't fight their way out of a squigg-skin sack. 'Gratz to Tiger Burning, but Tone Death is going into the Knives' Big Black Blood-Bound Book of Grievances.

Yeah, that was a close game until you came out and rolled double skulls on your first two blocks of the second half. Hard to come back from basically skipping two turns. Good game, though, if sadly bloodless.
    me and tiger just finished a 1-0 match, choas vs. goblins. I killed one of his players and injured another, along with KOing some, but alas, the rain and lack of rerolls hamstrung me. I also put my pogoer next to a downed beastman, which was a terrible idea.

I think that was the toughest goblin match I've ever played. Your Trolls were MVPs and I couldn't knock down a goblin to save my life. You literally KO'd over half my team, and injured two more. The rain was the only thing that saved me.

Tiger Burning on
    Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • Options
    If it was a double 5, definately skill, probably Guard.

If it was 6+4, I'd go with the AV and stick him on the LoS.

steam_sig.png