As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Rayman Origins: Out on consoles and Vita! 3DS/PC in March!

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Holy crap, this game is looking good. And I say that as a person who still digs the Rabbids.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    It's very fun but I can't see how I can ever fill up the level end tube that the guy mounts and then gyrates on.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote:
    It's very fun but I can't see how I can ever fill up the level end tube that the guy mounts and then gyrates on.

That's what she Magic Pink said. :winky:

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    I wouldn't say that because I know how to fill up the end tube.
    BUH DUMP CHING

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Giant Bomb made a quick look of this.

Since there apparently isn't going to be a PC version, I need to know if the Wii or 3DS versions are any good.

• Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote:

Pretty sure you have to be dead-on perfect. Like that level only has 350 things to get. And that's including every platform that spawns one, and every extra one you get for jumping on an enemy and also punching him instead of just punching him.

I know because I was able to get 347, and I'm sure I missed some of those hidden spawns that expire if you don't grab em quickly enough.

The extra costume is, uh. Well, it's a Red Globox. So there you go.

• Options

I know, I stated that earlier. The one on the 360 is a spotted blue rayman.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote:

I know, I stated that earlier. The one on the 360 is a spotted blue rayman.

My brain read that as "spotted blue hyman"

:lol:

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    This article just made Origins a must have for me, and I was already pretty excited for it.

• Options
    fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    So I played the demo.

Good fun, filled the tube, cool graphics, like the style...

...then got up to the stupid chase level, and fuck that shit.

Totally unsold me. Good job games have demos!

fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    So I played the demo.

Good fun, filled the tube, cool graphics, like the style...

...then got up to the stupid chase level, and fuck that shit.

Totally unsold me. Good job games have demos!

aw, chase sequences are some of the best things from the original Rayman!
    I'll agree the underwater chase was poorly timed, what with the singing jellyfish and all that you have to swim through to trigger the chase, that got a little annoying to do over and over before getting to the tough part

• Options
    Aw zkxjfhiadfhadifjv

The costume is only usable IN THE DEMO?!?!

I'ma beat myself to death with a shovel.

• Options
    The UbiArt engine seems really interesting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_QhZYTukac

And apparently, Ancel wants it to be open source.

• Options
    Flay wrote:
    The UbiArt engine seems really interesting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_QhZYTukac

And apparently, Ancel wants it to be open source.

EDIT: Dangit, the cheapest I can get this in Australia is $60. :?

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote:
    Magic Pink wrote:
    And Amazon has a 48 page hardcover artbook as a pre-order bonus.

Awwwww man!

I would preorder this right now on Amazon... If I didn't just buy MGSHD, and Skyrim and SR3 both waiting to hit my debit card...

:(:(:(

Yeah. I felt that justified the price allot more.

• Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    So did anybody actually buy this guy? I hope so, because I'm stuck trying to figure out how to use one of the unlocked powers... the one in the mountain world. (Edit: OK, I figured it out. I'll leave my solution here in case anybody else has trouble :) )
    I just got power toooooooo run up walls! Awesome! But I couldn't get it to work reliably!

I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was double-jumping to get from one wall to another, which was breaking me out of the wall-run. When wall-running from one wall to another, just press jump once and you won't fall off. Woot.

SwashbucklerXX on
    Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    I ordered it from Amazon but, like all the other games I've pre-ordered from them since August, they never sent it.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The game is highly entertaining so far. It still has the same things as the other games. You have to rescue things from cages again that are saying, "Help me!" . Lots of shades of Rayman 2 in here, but 2D. You also ride things like the second game.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    What a charming game. Really enjoying it, even though i have no clue whats going on. My experience so far:
    th_RainbowVomit2.jpg

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    KobunKobun Registered User regular
    This should have been a must buy for me, and I will at some point, but the demo made the game feel heavily designed with multi-player in mind. Difficulty seems to come from demands of perfect runs but not actual challenges pose by the enemies or level design. It's no cakewalk, but I have trouble thinking it'll come anywhere close to matching the original, either. I'm also not crazy about the Flash animation quality. It looks excellent, sure, but for a retail release, I really did expect more. Hand drawn artwork adds highlights and breaths life into characters that Flash just can't. I guess Klonoa 2 will be the last fully 2-D playing game I'll play which truly feels like a bid budget retail release. :/

site_xbligco.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    hello Rayman thread I am in the mood to gush about this game because it is great and more than 50,000 people should buy it

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    RotamRotam Registered User regular
    I did.......just haven't played it. Fucking backlog.

• Options
    The presentation massively improved in this remake. The original felt kiddy and hand holding. This one just unfolds.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I have to put this out there too - the multiplayer in this is more fun than NSMBWii was - it's much, much less frustrating...plus you can slap your friends. The mosquito levels with 4 players is especially awesome.

I was in a colorful mood so I grabbed this and De Blob 2 - it is so nice to play games that don't take themselves seriously and aren't afraid to throw the whole box of crayons at the screen.

• Options
    LuianeLuiane Registered User regular
    Got this as a Christmas present and I must say that I have been thoroughly enjoying it so far. Have played through a lot of the game with my brother and it's been a blast. I really dig the art style and the gameplay is solid too, the treasure chases are all pretty awesome! I played a lot of Rayman gold and designer when I was a kid, and this takes me back to that.

Truly a gem that I think a lot of people missed last year due to all of the other excellent games that have come out.

Steam id: Varys
    LoL EU West nickname: Irridan
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Bought it during one of Amazon's Black Friday sales and loving what I've played of the game so far, though I'm having a bit of gaming ADD at the moment as I jump from title to title.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    It's a fabulous game and everyone should own it.

• Options
    Its a pretty decent game. I'd probably enjoy it more co-op. Too bad there's no co-op over Live option.

• Options
    Skull2185 wrote:
    Its a pretty decent game. I'd probably enjoy it more co-op. Too bad there's no co-op over Live option.

The more I play it the more it looks like this would be hell on earth to play co-op. It's not a game where you happily explore levels, it's a game where you have to perfect levels and I think having multiple people trying would be absolute shit chaos.

• Options
    LuianeLuiane Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote:
    Skull2185 wrote:

The more I play it the more it looks like this would be hell on earth to play co-op. It's not a game where you happily explore levels, it's a game where you have to perfect levels and I think having multiple people trying would be absolute shit chaos.

Sure, it can be hard as hell to beat it co-op, but it is also alot of fun. Of course, I have not played solo so I can't compare the amount of fun.

Besides, fun is hard to quantify.

We have not gone for any of the speed cages yet though, I imagine that they might be harder to do co-op!

Steam id: Varys
    LoL EU West nickname: Irridan
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote:
    Skull2185 wrote:

That's how Mario and LittleBigPlanet are, but trust me, this game was clearly designed around co-op and is best played that way.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I didn't really play co-op looking to get achievements or get every collectible - just to go through the levels. But we were playing with 4 people and it was during a New Year's Eve get together - we weren't playing super serious, we were busy using the "slap other player in the face" feature.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2012
    I'd buy this, but I have just a Wii and a standard definition TV. It just feels like a crime to play the game that way.

The game is $20 now in many areas. Looks like it's going to the Beyond Good & Evil route, sadly.

Ubisoft: a Steam release might be help you out.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Bought it during one of Amazon's Black Friday sales and loving what I've played of the game so far, though I'm having a bit of gaming ADD at the moment as I jump from title to title.
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    I'd buy this, but I have just a Wii and a standard definition TV. It just feels like a crime to play the game that way.

The game is $20 now in many areas. Looks like it's going to the Beyond Good & Evil route, sadly.

Ubisoft: a Steam release might be help you out.

How? Then folks would just wait for a steam sale.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    I've bought this!

But haven't played it yet :(

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    KobunKobun Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote:

I just finished the second world (16 or whatever levels in), and so far there seems to be a decent amount of leeway as far as getting enough lums to hit the 350 mark. Not sure if the rest of the game has all the extras, but there's enough wiggle room here to not be frustrating.

It's a nice game. I'm not crazy about the design changes, but they're not bad, just different. I prefer the cage setup in the original, and the puzzle rooms and tying them to lum collection (and race times even) feels weird.

site_xbligco.png
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Coming to PC, March 29.

Also:
    We're announcing Rayman Origins for PC right the hell now! Also, retail versions will have NO DRM. None, zero, zip. Ohemgee!

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Renzo wrote:
    Coming to PC, March 29.

Also:
    We're announcing Rayman Origins for PC right the hell now! Also, retail versions will have NO DRM. None, zero, zip. Ohemgee!

Who are you, and what the fuck have you done with Ubisoft! The Ubisoft who released From Dust with a shitload of DRM! The Ubisoft who send Rayman Origins out to die by releasing it at the same fucking time as Assassins Creed Revelations?!

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Updated OP with release dates for each platform.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Quake MattQuake Matt Registered User regular
    Hurrah for PC release! Providing they haven't made a pig's ear of the port, I'll glady pick up a copy.