As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EAST] 2012 Challenge Coins - Orders Closed

• Options
    KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    He does in fact have my back, thank you for the offer though Kiashien!

No prob. :)

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • Options
    KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    Ordered, confirmed, paid for, confirmed!

I'll be at the PokeCrawl, team Totodile Gold, maybe at the freedom trail and also definitely at at least the first Omegathon round.
    Great - I'll have your coin(s) for you at the PokeCrawl, then. I'm on Totodile Gold, too.

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• Options
    karmacappakarmacappa Registered User regular
    We're nearing the end of ordering, as I very much doubt we'll be doing another batch of coins. I imagine we'll be closing out ordering within the next day or two. It is already to the point where we have less than 20 coins left.

"In Europe, it's not America."
    Scott Kurtz, The Morning After, Aug 31 - 2010
  • Options
    adastraadastra Registered User regular
    KoalaBro2 wrote: »
    As an FYI for people, I'll be arriving on the Metal Gear train (scheduled to arrive in Boston at 9 PM Thursday), then will spend the balance of Thursday night at the Pre-PAX Westin Gaming Night. I am running the cigar outing, so obviously I'll be there along with Kiashien. The cigar outing is currently projected to be Friday night/Saturday morning at 2 AM, when PAX closes, so just come to the designated spot once the BCEC closes and you could get your coins then. Finally, I'm working on setting up a "last chance" event, where I'll be hanging out with some other folks in the tabletop freeplay area Sunday afternoon, and that will presumably represent the last possible time to get your coins.

I'm guessing that you may end up being my best option for Will Call - I've tentatively RSVP'd for the coin lunch, but my schedule may not accommodate it. The cigar meetup looks a little more likely for me. :)

• Options
    edited March 2012
    adastra wrote: »
    KoalaBro2 wrote: »
    As an FYI for people, I'll be arriving on the Metal Gear train (scheduled to arrive in Boston at 9 PM Thursday), then will spend the balance of Thursday night at the Pre-PAX Westin Gaming Night. I am running the cigar outing, so obviously I'll be there along with Kiashien. The cigar outing is currently projected to be Friday night/Saturday morning at 2 AM, when PAX closes, so just come to the designated spot once the BCEC closes and you could get your coins then. Finally, I'm working on setting up a "last chance" event, where I'll be hanging out with some other folks in the tabletop freeplay area Sunday afternoon, and that will presumably represent the last possible time to get your coins.

I'm guessing that you may end up being my best option for Will Call - I've tentatively RSVP'd for the coin lunch, but my schedule may not accommodate it. The cigar meetup looks a little more likely for me. :)

I'm currently planning to attend the Ciguar thing too, so if you can't make the lunch, just make sure to let me know!

Kiashien on

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • Options
    FYI, coin lunch is currently at 12 people. Since Karma is expecting to close out sales in the next few days, I'll be closing out coin lunch signups on March 12th.

Enforcers that have signed up (or that will sign up): I know you're tentative, and I have no clue when you get your schedules, but if you do before the 12th, that'd be great. If you don't before the 12th, that's also great- I'm just mentioning it to make sure you remember to tell me as soon as you can :)

• Options
    PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    I won't be going to lunch but I'll be going to the cigar outting. I'll meet you there and trade cigars for coins, yes?

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • Options
    ThemiscyraThemiscyra Registered User regular
    I'll probably try to make it to the coin lunch, but I'm going to have to see if my Omeganaut duties conflict with it. Not sure yet when that schedule will be posted.

PAX EAST 2011 Omegathon Finalist - PAX East 2012 Omeganaut
    After time adrift among open stars
    Among tides of light and to shoals of dust
    I will return to where I began
  • Options
    gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    gigabrain wrote:
    I'll be at JJ Foley's as well on tuesday, MMT on wednesday and thursday, PPD, and will be free if anyone wants to get theirs during the weekend. PM me for my number if you need it as well.

Just an update, I'll also be at the Super Pre-PAX Arcade/BBQ Party for Boston locals if people want their coins there as well. Still deciding if I want to do the gaming at the Westin on Thursday after the PPD

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • Options
    Themiscyra wrote: »
    I'll probably try to make it to the coin lunch, but I'm going to have to see if my Omeganaut duties conflict with it. Not sure yet when that schedule will be posted.

If you're an enforcer or a contestant, register via the Link and say you're an enforcer. If you're a contestant, please PM me though, so that I don't accidentally label you as an enforcer somewhere and you start getting weird mail / pms :P

I'll let any Enforcer or Contestant scheduled somewhere else out of it without being annoyed :) You guys don't know, so it isn't like it's your fault.

• Options
    As a side note, once things get more.. less chaotic? I'll plan a couple specific hour swaths in BYOC. I'll still be available there by appointment, but I figured having a few set times might make it easier :)

• Options
    We'll probably be contacting people with more Will Call information this weekend. Shipping of coins will probably occur then too. Last chance to get coins people, as there is no longer a waiting list. The coins on hand are your last chance.

• Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    Kiashien wrote: »
    As a side note, once things get more.. less chaotic? I'll plan a couple specific hour swaths in BYOC. I'll still be available there by appointment, but I figured having a few set times might make it easier :)

just so you know, it may be very difficult for anybody without a BYOC badge to have access to you while you are in BYOC.

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    adastraadastra Registered User regular
    I'll let any Enforcer or Contestant scheduled somewhere else out of it without being annoyed :) You guys don't know, so it isn't like it's your fault.

Thanks. :)

• Options
    edited March 2012
    SmallLady wrote: »
    just so you know, it may be very difficult for anybody without a BYOC badge to have access to you while you are in BYOC.

But if they can get him a message, he can bring the coins out to the door too.

I'm closing coin orders now. We've gone through the entire run of 400.

karmacappa on
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod

Yeah, this is very true. I suppose if they're texting him and setting up a time, that's fine, but enforcers shouldn't be expected to carry messages back and forth to BYOC members.

• Options
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Yeah, this is very true. I suppose if they're texting him and setting up a time, that's fine, but enforcers shouldn't be expected to carry messages back and forth to BYOC members.

All the Will Call volunteers will have a cell # available, so getting them a message via phone should be possible (assuming they get bars in BYOC).

• Options

I am not expecting any Enforcers to assist with this, and if they start having people bother them, I'll make sure to put a stop to it. It's not the Enforcer's job to run messages :) I'll set up a few means of communication (Texting, email, etc). It mostly was intended for people who actually have BYOC badges, in any case, though I can come out and deliver a coin to people who can contact me via those other means too.

• Options
    peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012

I can tell you right now that if you do not have a BYOC badge I will not let you into BYOC. Don't even ask.

peetsnack on
    7B14287.png
  • Options
    SausageSausage FLRegistered User regular
    I doubt we would make it to the coin lunch, we tend to ignore hunger most of Friday because we focus on the expo hall to free up time for panels on Saturday and Sunday. However I will be at the PPD, I've seen a few people mention their attendance and would be happy to take my coins off of your hands then. If not, we will be at the Westin from Wed-Mon so we'll be around quite a bit for another opportunity.

3DS: 2964-9827-0033
  • Options
    TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    Not sure I'll be going to the coin lunch, didn't sign up for the PPD in time (didn't know what time I'd be arriving until just recently), but I should be in early enough to meet one of the will call folks at the Pre-PAX Gaming deal at the Westin on Thursday.

• Options
    I will be available during the Pokecrawl on team Mareep Gold as well for coin dispersal :)

• Options
    Not sure I'll be going to the coin lunch, didn't sign up for the PPD in time (didn't know what time I'd be arriving until just recently), but I should be in early enough to meet one of the will call folks at the Pre-PAX Gaming deal at the Westin on Thursday.

I'll be attending that so I'll have your coins for you.

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
  • Options
    TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    gigabrain wrote: »

I'll be attending that so I'll have your coins for you.
    Awesome!

• Options
    TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    I don't think I saw it posted yet but any word on when the coins are being mailed out? I want to be sure I'm the first to the mailbox that week. My brother has a tendency to lose all the mail in the house.

• Options
    EchoZeroEchoZero Registered User regular
    Any of the volunteers on team blue for pokecrawl? I'm running with blue silver

• Options
    EchoZero wrote: »
    Any of the volunteers on team blue for pokecrawl? I'm running with blue silver

I'm blue gold, so we'll be starting at the same bar. You can pick up from me.

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• Options
    Awesome, thanks Khadour. Since our bar will be pretty packed just let me know the best way to find you

• Options
    I'm hard to miss, and I've been on team blue for 3 years now - you can ask either blue prof who I am, and they can point me out to you.

xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    Ah ok that works this is my first year so I dont know who is who yet.

• Options
    King of MarsKing of Mars A freak among weirdos A city in my mindRegistered User regular
    I don't think I saw it posted yet but any word on when the coins are being mailed out? I want to be sure I'm the first to the mailbox that week. My brother has a tendency to lose all the mail in the house.
    karmacappa wrote: »
    We'll probably be contacting people with more Will Call information this weekend. Shipping of coins will probably occur then too. Last chance to get coins people, as there is no longer a waiting list. The coins on hand are your last chance.

Writhe your naked ass to the mindless groove.
    twitter //
    3DS: 2492-5478-6311 // Steam & WiiU: kingofmars2099
  • Options
    ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    I can no longer attend the con this year due to finances, but I'd still love the coins. How should we go about adding on the shipping costs, if that's possible?

UyhWici.png
  • Options
    I can no longer attend the con this year due to finances, but I'd still love the coins. How should we go about adding on the shipping costs, if that's possible?

I would suggest emailing Karma directly. You'll have to work it out with him, but at least you managed to realize it before shipping occured.

• Options

This is my third year and I don't know who's who yet.. that's why I broke down and am doing the trading card thing this year :)

• Options

I would suggest emailing Karma directly. You'll have to work it out with him, but at least you managed to realize it before shipping occured.

He messaged me. Thank you!

UyhWici.png
  • Options

If you're coming to the post-pax protomen concert, I'm going to be there too, so that's also a possibility ;)

• Options
    So in making my plans I've decided that I'll be going to the lunch on Friday.

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
  • Options

This is my third year and I don't know who's who yet.. that's why I broke down and am doing the trading card thing this year :)

Yep i am doing the trading cards too just for that reason

• Options
    BinarySamuraiBinarySamurai Code Chef Registered User regular
    Might be a little late to the lunch, I was hoping to attend the q&a with mike and jerry and it runs up to 12:30 god i hate to duck out of that one early but i don't want to be to late for lunch.

• Options

If you're coming to the post-pax protomen concert, I'm going to be there too, so that's also a possibility ;)

Oh, good idea!

UyhWici.png
This discussion has been closed.