As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

CNBC Republican Debate Thread - 90 Minutes of Not Mentioning Obama's Jobs Bill

• MaratastikMaratastik Just call me Mara, please! Registered User regular
    Re: Santorum: So more manufacturing jobs = larger high skilled workforce/social mobility?

• enc0reenc0re Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Question: Romney, why u haz no flat tax?

enc0re on
  • QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    I got nothin'...but THIS guy...man, he really sucked it up. Vote ME!

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Q: Romney, explain why flat tax is a bad idea, and then why it's a good idea.

Romney: Middle class. Actually a sensible answer.

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    Romney is now gonna pretend that flat tax is a good thing. And now he quickly moves on to blaming Obama for things.

I love how it's always the middle class that's suffering the most. Isn't that sort of the definition of -lower class-?

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Pi-r8Pi-r8 Registered User regular
    Romney: "The people who are really the worst off is the middle class. Not those rich poor people"

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    i'm sure you guys will give me the highlights

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    enc0re wrote:
    Romney: Middle class. Actually a sensible answer.

Well, until he blamed the economy on Obama.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    Not-Cramer: Bachmann, why is Romney wrong?
    Bachmann: I HAVE CRAZY EYES. OBAMA IS WRONG. JOB CREATORS.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Bachmann being wrong about taxes.

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    enc0re wrote:
    Question: Romney, why u haz no flat tax?

Question: Bachmann, why Romney no haz flat tax?

Phyphor on
    bachmann: "I will raise taxes on the bottom 47%"

Bachmann: We should make poor people pay more!

Bachman: Freedom is free. But freedom isn't free. Tax poor people.

• ClevingerClevinger Registered User regular
    Goddamnit, what's the woman moderator's name? I feel like a fuckass just calling her "woman" constantly.

Maria Bartiromo

Paul: Spending is taxes!

Paul: Cut $1Triiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillion dollars.

• Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    Woman: Paul, you're fucking insane. Demonstrate your insanity for us.
    Paul: I don't have a tax plan. Instead, I'll cut a trillion dollars from the budget in five cabinet-level departments and end the Fed.

• QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Oh Ron Paul, you so kA-RAY-zee.

• dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    THE FEDERAL RESERVE IS OUT TO GET US.

I am just shocked that Paul did not mention Corn or Oil for price fixing.

and ron paul wants to raise interest rates lol.

Apparently, Paul does not know that a Board Chairman Chairs a Board.

Crowd: Yaaay, interest rates...?

Ron Paul really just wants to make money. Higher interest rates and higher gold costs.

Holy shit moderator interjecting with reality again. I love this woman.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    I hate Tom Brokaw

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
    These moderators are actually really good.

RedTide wrote:
    I hate Tom Brokaw

Bwah?

• dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Brian Williams is a lot more likeable.

I still like Brokaw though.

dbrock270 on
    Awwww, no more CRAMER.

Wait now we've got guest moderators?

Kana wrote:
    Wait now we've got guest moderators?

CRAMER was a guest moderator in the first segment.

Gingrich thinks that Dodd Frank is what's wrong with housing.

Newt, is Romney right?

Uuuuuurrrgh.... yeeesss....

Nice line Romney.

To save people's houses we have to let them lose their houses

edited November 2011
    To save the economy you must first try to destroy it.

EDIT: Beat'd

enc0re on
    That's the entire Republican philosophy in one line.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    God damn this fucking shit video stream.

What did Romney just say was the reason we have a housing problem?

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • s7apsters7apster Registered User regular
    Mitt is very good at lying and believing it.