As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Starcraft 2] Game is 50% off till the end of the weekend on Battle.Net!

SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
edited November 2011 in Games and Technology
Welcome to the Starcraft 2 thread

Rumble in the Bronze 2 sign-ups!

Do you think you got what it takes to be humiliated in front of thousands of viewers? Does your ego need to be completed flattened by InControl? If so, you've got what it takes to be a player in the second Rumble in the Bronze tournament going down this December. For now, send a PM to @joek and @mncdover if you think you've got what it takes!

When you get a second, visit the RitB webpage and "like" our Facebook page. Remember, it's for the children.

Replay(s) of the day!

A noteworthy replay of the day donated by our forum-goers. Make sure to upload your replay submissions to gamereplays.org. And be a pal - mark your replay as ROTD material in your post.

megabuster vs. MVPMonster
repimg-33-241622.jpg
I want to play SC2 awesome like everyone else!

Loo, the SC2 thread goes a million miles per hour and will leave you in the dust if you aren't prepared. All things are open to discussion here from build orders, practice partners, race match-ups, tournament talk, and general bizarre Korean stuff. In order to keep up, I highly recommend you check out the following resources:

OK that's all cool, but I want to play with some PA people.
1) Log into Battle.net and join channel PA (on the NA realm). We all hang out there. Chat, 1v1 lobbies, and team shenanigans are always going on!

2) Sign up for a replay site such as gamereplays.org or drop.sc. This is a site where you can upload your replays. The perfect way to share your replays with the thread and get advice on how to get better. Gamereplays lets you post the cool banner that you frequently see on the internets and drop.sc lets you upload replays without having to create a new account.

3) Register with the PA SC2 1v1 Ranking site. Sign up for this awesome site to see where you stand amongst fellow PA members. Remember, this is important in the nurturing and expanding of your e-peen. Add yourself by clicking on [Manage Characters] on the top right side.

4) Sign up for the PA mumble page. Sign up if you want to chat with fellow PA users during games or watching tournaments. Thanks to Exoplasm for hosting the service and providing the step-by-step process for installing mumble.

JK. I like watching Starcraft instead. Where can I watch some good games?
Major tournaments. Starcraft is e-sports. Follow these major tournaments and you will not be disappoint.
  • The GSL. The premiere korean starcraft 2 league. Where the best go to play. Casted by Tastosis, the casting archon.
  • The TSL. Team Liquid's major tournament where foreigners stomp koreans and everyone attributes it to lag.
  • Major League Gaming. North American e-sports powerhouse now features Starcraft 2 (as long as their stream is online). "tahts halo dont worry".
  • North American Star League. The upstart league headed by fan-favorites Incontrol and Gretorp. $400k up for grabs in the first season alone.
  • IGN Pro League. Everyone's getting into e-sports, even IGN! 16 of the top players from North America duking it out for fabulous prizes.

And those are only the major ones! Follow the Team Liquid Tournament Tracker for more competitive goodness.

Streams. Perhaps you prefer something more intimate. Maybe watching starcraft 2 like it's Being John Malkovich? Thanks to the power of the Internet, there are infinity streams available for your voyeuristic pleasure. Here are our favorites.

Want more streams? Check out Teamliquid's live video stream page for more goodness.

Sceptre on

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    it would be cool if day9 was at providence I suppose but Trus are you seriously not gonna watch now? that's dramatic

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I think you may have just broken Dover's heart.

mEEksa on
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Dat proxy thread.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Actually, I just finished tweaking the thread and was just about to post it. FUCKING HELL SCEPTRE.

Uncluttered up the OP and updated the RitB stuff. So much hate.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    speed before quality clearly.

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    mlg

squeeeeeeeeeeee

• Options
    time to play sc2 while watching sc2

my favorite thing ever

• Options
    SaarutoSaaruto Registered User regular
    RatZ is about to be up in here, thread snipin'

If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    The Super-15 thing is baller as hell.

There need to be more Pimpest Plays type stuff for SC2.

• Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    mEEksa wrote:
    Whaaat? Shakuras is one of the best maps for mech in the current pool. The huge choke in the middle of the maps means you never have to worry about harassment and it is easy to force a split map situation, which is where mech play excels. It has the strongest 200/200 army in the game. Demuslim loves to go mech on Shakuras, and I can't recall him actually losing a game on it. This one time he was quite significantly behind, he goes for a thor/hellion push only to see around 10 broodlords coming his way. He still wins the battle and the game.
    I saw the game you're talking about and to be fair, he won only because the zerg was supporting his BLs with mass lings which the BFH can deal with. If he were supporting his BLs with roaches then that battle would have gone in a very bad direction for demuslim.

• Options
    Hoz wrote:
    mEEksa wrote:
    Whaaat? Shakuras is one of the best maps for mech in the current pool. The huge choke in the middle of the maps means you never have to worry about harassment and it is easy to force a split map situation, which is where mech play excels. It has the strongest 200/200 army in the game. Demuslim loves to go mech on Shakuras, and I can't recall him actually losing a game on it. This one time he was quite significantly behind, he goes for a thor/hellion push only to see around 10 broodlords coming his way. He still wins the battle and the game.
    I saw the game you're talking about and to be fair, he won only because the zerg was supporting his BLs with mass lings which the BFH can deal with. If he were supporting his BLs with roaches then that battle would have gone in a very bad direction for demuslim.

True, but it still surprised the hell out of me. I had no idea Thors were so good against broodlords.

• Options
    They are because nobody gets armor upgrades for BLs and the mech player is going to have weapons 3 by the time they come out.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    dont you start lagging on me red stream

i will kick your streamy teeth right in

815165 on
  • Options
    good point by artosis that I completely forgot... this is the tournament that Jinro won last year out of nowhere.

I remember those finals.

• Options
    idra vs nestea in a min

i want them both to win

• Options
    if idra wins I'm taking it as a statement for the entire weekend

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    What did they ask IdrA? I missed whatever he answered with "No."

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    daybreak <3

• Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    countdown till jp calls artosis 'sean'

idra vs nestea should be cool

edit: crowd is already pretty hype, damn

edit2: oh hey there's no pool play this tournament

all the matches will actually mean something!

hooray

Biosys on
  • Options
    Damn, JP actually is pretty good with the analysis.

• Options
    kedinik wrote:
    What did they ask IdrA? I missed whatever he answered with "No."

it was something like

"nestea is considered the best zvz player in the world. are you here to prove otherwise?"

"yes"

• Options
    Hoz wrote:
    Damn, JP actually is pretty good with the analysis.

yeah i was thinking this too, it seems like he's really paid attention to all the reaction to him at blizzcon and actually tried to improve his casting, which has now made him one of my favourite casters

• Options
    Artosis and JP are absolutely awful at understanding ZvZ.

• Options
    KambingKambing Registered User regular
    Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

@TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    IDRAAAAAAA

• Options
    kedinik wrote:

in their defense it seems like maybe 5 people in the world understand it haha

• Options
    edited November 2011
    kedinik wrote:

???

i honestly don't know anything really about the matchup, what were they getting wrong?

edit: also gogo idra

Biosys on
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    holy fuck

idra just played a near perfect zvz against nesfuckingtea

815165 on
  • Options
    Holy shit Idra.

• Options
    Biosys wrote:
    kedinik wrote:

???

i honestly don't know anything really about the matchup, what were they getting wrong?

I'm wondering this as well. The only glaringly wrong thing I heard was JP saying fungals are good against hydras.

• Options
    to be fair anything that does damage is good against hydras

• Options
    edited November 2011
    that's a excusable mistake for me at least, because even though it's wrong it kinda makes sense to me - hydra's have low health, fungal does a fair bit of damage plus locks them in place, so i could see that

Biosys on
  • Options
    In a major upset, MKP takes an early 1-0 lead against shlood.

• Options
    just played a protoss in a custom (high masters level zerg player) who gg'd after I killed his first scouting stalker (he walked even to my bunker so I popped marines out)

but he didn't leave so I thought he was joking. waste of 10 minutes!

• Options
    edited November 2011
    They just kept thinking NesTea was ahead or doing something good when he wasn't and wasn't. Nearly everything they said after the first 5 minutes or so.

e: The fungal-v-hydras comment was the particular statement that made me fake-angry enough to post something, kekeke.

kedinik on
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    mEEksa wrote:
    Biosys wrote:
    kedinik wrote:

???

I'm wondering this as well. The only glaringly wrong thing I heard was JP saying fungals are good against hydras.
    Well it basically brings them down enough to be two-shotted by roaches, so I think that's a fair comment to make.

Edit: No, I am wrong. Would take 3.

Hoz on
  • Options
    they did keep saying nestea was ahead in drones

and therefore ahead in econ

which was true, it's just that idra pushed before that really mattered

• Options
    KeamienKeamien Registered User regular
    I'm such a mad kid.

I was typing in that last thread and it got locked.

MY ONE MINUTE OF EFFORT, WASTED!

• Options
    Fungals should always be used against roaches because of the +% against armored. Roach hydra is actually a pretty good composition against roach infestor.

• Options
    Free Giraffe Rides!!!Free Giraffe Rides!!! Registered User regular
    Another ling runby! How many drones is he going to be able to kill here?

Well, probably 1 or 0? For 150 minerals and 3 larvae?