As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Go post in the new STEAM thread, plzkthnxbai

• Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    Waiting on the Indie Gala, always love giving to these kind of folks and charity. :D

In the meantime, anyone want to play some Dungeon Defenders with me?

3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    TheUnsane1 wrote:
    THQ Uk is pretty Godlike. Saints Row 3 for $27.00? yes please.

Bah! Converts to $32 in Canada. It's only another $5, but with the Xmas sale around the corner, that's like twelve extra games!

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote:
    Interesting Steam Inventory update. If you use the drop down tab in the Steam part of the tab, it has a new sorting method. "Coupons." Wonder what that'll end up being. Guessing it'll be the equal of sending Steam Wallet funds to each other (i.e. I buy a 5 dollar coupon and trade it for your Half Life 2) sort of thing.

How do I find these things you speak of?

• Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    Figgy wrote:
    TheUnsane1 wrote:
    THQ Uk is pretty Godlike. Saints Row 3 for $27.00? yes please.

Bah! Converts to $32 in Canada. It's only another $5, but with the Xmas sale around the corner, that's like twelve extra games!

I think my bank hits me with an exchange fee as a separate thing once it clears. I'll end up paying another 4 bucks I think it was last year when I ordered from Thq uk for some deal.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Had a great few games of Pay Day earlier today. The very classy @starmanbrand and co were generous enough to play with me. Had a blast, despite my lack of aiming and constantly dying, as well as the occasional mouse and keyboard playing up - now that was hilarious. :lol:

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote:
    Interesting Steam Inventory update. If you use the drop down tab in the Steam part of the tab, it has a new sorting method. "Coupons." Wonder what that'll end up being. Guessing it'll be the equal of sending Steam Wallet funds to each other (i.e. I buy a 5 dollar coupon and trade it for your Half Life 2) sort of thing.

How do I find these things you speak of?

Community, profile, my inventory, steam. There's a dropdown menu that has gifts selected, coupons is there. I can't see any way to get a coupon, so they mustn't have implemented it yet.

• Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    So is this IndieGala bundle legit? It looks like they basically (shamelessly, perhaps) stole the HIB code/layout, can't find anything about who's running it, the Engrish is always a bit of a red flag, and it appeared out of absolutely nowhere. I think a little skepticism is warranted, but I'm hoping it's on the level. I want those Hacker: Evolution games and Saira.

And for those that do take the plunge, are there any foreign transaction fees?

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    They're Italian. It's the studio behind the seemingly terrible Breaking the Rules game. Got my keys fine, just slow.

I didn't get a fee, but with Indie Royale I got one like 12 hours later.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Bullio wrote:
    So is this IndieGala bundle legit? It looks like they basically (shamelessly, perhaps) stole the HIB code/layout, can't find anything about who's running it, the Engrish is always a bit of a red flag, and it appeared out of absolutely nowhere. I think a little skepticism is warranted, but I'm hoping it's on the level. I want those Hacker: Evolution games and Saira.

And for those that do take the plunge, are there any foreign transaction fees?

I was kind of wondering the same thing. The only thing I can find on there is that it's based out of Italy.

• Options
  • Options
    Just a general reminder, there's a decent chance the Meta Event/ARG/whatever will start Tuesday. It started on the 6th last year as well, and Tuesday is the day retailers love.

That is assuming they don't just roll the meta event into the sale.

• Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    Purchases #: 1278
    Average purchase: $1.28

I guess I'm not the only one that's skeptical about this, but if some of the devs are promoting it then my skepticism is tempered somewhat.

Those of you that buy this with PayPal, please report back if you get hit with foreign transaction fees. That's always my biggest hangup with these foreign bundles.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Well, I dropped 5$ on it. So well see how it pans out. The paypal email receipt said no foreign transaction fees at the bottom, but I guess Ill wait to see otherwise.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    I dropped $5 on it and got my keys maybe 45 minutes later.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    I think the lack of any targeting/lockon system is really keeping me from enjoying saints row 3. Its so fun to drive around and blow stuff up...but once I start having to fire boolits I want to turn it off.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    Bullio wrote:
    Purchases #: 1278
    Average purchase: $1.28

I guess I'm not the only one that's skeptical about this, but if some of the devs are promoting it then my skepticism is tempered somewhat.

Those of you that buy this with PayPal, please report back if you get hit with foreign transaction fees. That's always my biggest hangup with these foreign bundles.

For what it's worth, used my UK card, and it worked fine, with no fees.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I think the lack of any targeting/lockon system is really keeping me from enjoying saints row 3. Its so fun to drive around and blow stuff up...but once I start having to fire boolits I want to turn it off.
    If it makes you feel any better, it's actually more responsive than SR2 was. Especially once you invest in upgrades, the pistols really tear shit up with headshots

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I want that gala bundle just for an inmomentum key. To give to someone. Because more people need to play that fantastic Quake-race successor.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    This bundle has a pair of wonderful spite gifts. There's no excuse for how fucking terrible the zombie shooter games are.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    busfahrerbusfahrer addict GermanyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Man, IRC. Oh how I recall the joys of such a mechanism from a wasted youth.

Ah...IRC, Quake, and the turn of the millennium. Met my wife on IRC, and played Quake with her regularly. Nostalgia, so forth, etc.

Was... was that a very subtle Broken Sword 1 reference?

In any case, I'm up and I'll be idling in the IRC channel for large parts of my day, feel free to drop by and join me.

(Instructions in the spoiler)
    busfahrer wrote:
    Do we have an IRC chatroom?

I think don't think we do. Since Steam's own chat mechanism sucks, I took the liberty of registering a chatroom for us, in the only true way: The IRC way.

You can use this link if you want to chat via your web browser. Just enter a nickname, and enter #steamthread as the channel name.

For those of you who own a real IRC client (You can get one here), connect to the server irc.esper.net and join the channel #steamthread (by using your user interface or by entering /join #steamthread)

Would love to see you guys there!

I hope I'm not violating any thread rules by posting this here! :)

edit: linked reference

busfahrer on
    B2b1M.gif
    Twitter: busfahrer -- Quake Live: busfahrer -- StarCraft II: busfahrer.184 (EU)
  • Options
    JungleskyeJungleskye Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote:
    If it makes you feel any better, it's actually more responsive than SR2 was. Especially once you invest in upgrades, the pistols really tear shit up with headshots

Its really ridiculously easy to kill people with your guns in this game.

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Ok, got the Introversion Bundle, had meant to pick it up earlier but some how forgot about it between Skyrim and Dungeon Defenders.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    So, when purchasing stuff with paypal, the worst thing that can happen to me is that I don't get the stuff, right? I'm concerned about sites using my paypal info to get more money, but they never see my credentials since I use the paypal site for paying, correct?

I'm asking because I am contemplating buying a certain bundle that would like to remain anonymous ;-)

B2b1M.gif
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    Finally jumped on the introversion bundle primarily for uplink but now I have giftable keys for other games. Picked up the other bundle purely for Saira and inMomentum.

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    TPSouTPSou Mr Registered User regular
    Anyone up for dungeon defenders? I'll warn you I'm a total noob

• Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    Lawndart wrote:
    rikdaly wrote:
    Really Big Sky's retro mode is amazing and makes me want to play other side scrolling shooters, is there anything like R-Type on steam?

Three games I can think of that are side-scrolling shooters on Steam:

Who's That Flying?! has a cartoonish, Castle Crashers style and an interesting game mechanic. You're indestructible, but if you let too many of the smallest enemies past you, you'll lose.

If you're looking for more traditional R-Type sci-fi spaceship side-scrolling, you might want to look at Zeit Squared. I haven't played it (yet) but it looks interesting.

If you aren't allergic to moe anime, two of the games in the Gundemonium Collection are side-scrolling bullet hell shmups.
    Drake wrote:
    rikdaly wrote:
    Really Big Sky's retro mode is amazing and makes me want to play other side scrolling shooters, is there anything like R-Type on steam?

Tyrian is a vertical scrolling shooter that's free over at GoG. It's considered one of the best on PC. And it is really nifty.

thanks for the suggestions guys, I have Who's That Flying it's not bad

Zeit squared looks to be what I'm looking for, also I played a demo of one of the Gundemonium games and been meaning to pick those up

Tyrian I have from GOG, great game!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Finished Broken Sword II. It's definetly a bit crap compared to the first game. Lot of moon logic and pixel hunting, and a weaker story as well.

• Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    Felt the same about broken sword II, to the point where I haven't even started up III.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    the Indie Gala bundle gives individual steam keys so I have Zombie Shooter 1 key spare, if you're not buying the bundle and would like to shoot some zombies send me a pm

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    Corpekata wrote:
    Finished Broken Sword II. It's definetly a bit crap compared to the first game. Lot of moon logic and pixel hunting, and a weaker story as well.

Oh God, for sure. I loved Broken Sword, it's one of my favourite ever Adventure games, but Broken Sword II is just plain infuriating at times.
    Felt the same about broken sword II, to the point where I haven't even started up III.

I hear that III is a return to form, it got very good reviews when it came out, anyway.

• Options
    Anybody want a Steam key for Zombie Shooter 1?

Just drop me a PM.

B2b1M.gif
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    rikdaly wrote:
    You can try Hydrora, a free indie side scrolling shooter:

http://www.locomalito.com/juegos_hydorah.php

• Options
    HiT BiT wrote:
    rikdaly wrote:
    You can try Hydrora, a free indie side scrolling shooter:

http://www.locomalito.com/juegos_hydorah.php

now that looks exactly like what I'm after! thanks

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    Lord Yod wrote:
    I suppose this is as good a place to ask as any. I really want to play a cyberpunk RPG that's not Deus Ex. Something with cybernetic upgrades and skills and guns and dialogue and quests and such. Like New Vegas or Oblivion but in the Shadowrun world.

Does such a thing exist? I've got E.Y.E. and it's.... lacking. Hard Reset has the visual theme/atmosphere I'm looking for but isn't even close to the gameplay.

Don't want this post to get lost because I'm interested too. Deus Ex is great but I need more.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    About the only thing I can think of would be System Shock, though the sequel has certainly aged a bit better. Actually obtaining the games legally would be a real feat though.

Given how many Augmented Supermen games we seem to be getting lately I'll bet a full modern RPG take on what you guys are after can't be too far off.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    I always found EYE being totally alien to be one of the draws of it. Most cyber games are just too damn pedestrian. That being said, you're pretty much out of luck. unless you want to get you a copy of the awesome sega genesis Shadowrun. Which was awesome.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    busfahrer wrote:
    Man, IRC. Oh how I recall the joys of such a mechanism from a wasted youth.

Ah...IRC, Quake, and the turn of the millennium. Met my wife on IRC, and played Quake with her regularly. Nostalgia, so forth, etc.

Was... was that a very subtle Broken Sword 1 reference?

In any case, I'm up and I'll be idling in the IRC channel for large parts of my day, feel free to drop by and join me.

(Instructions in the spoiler)
    busfahrer wrote:
    Do we have an IRC chatroom?

I think don't think we do. Since Steam's own chat mechanism sucks, I took the liberty of registering a chatroom for us, in the only true way: The IRC way.

You can use this link if you want to chat via your web browser. Just enter a nickname, and enter #steamthread as the channel name.

For those of you who own a real IRC client (You can get one here), connect to the server irc.esper.net and join the channel #steamthread (by using your user interface or by entering /join #steamthread)

Would love to see you guys there!

I hope I'm not violating any thread rules by posting this here! :)

edit: linked reference

I didn't intend any reference, sorry. Just, nostalgia, you know.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    That thread title is amazing. Nice one TychoCelchuuu

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    I wonder why I haven't won my wishlist yet.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    I wonder why I haven't won my wishlist yet.

I know, right? It just seems so obvious that I'm going to win, I don't know why they're even bothering to delay it like this.

It must be in order to build suspense.