As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[secession] of the Scots

13»

• Options
    The Fourth EstateThe Fourth Estate Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    He does look very sleazy. But undeniably competent. Voters will forgive a lot if they feel their man will always come out on top. Not like his wheeler dealings during the minority government have been bad for Scotland.

The Fourth Estate on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    I sometimes wonder if Scottish Labour policy would more closely resemble SNP policy absent the influence of the Westminster party.

I feel like trying to appeal to voters in Scotland and voters in England with the same platform inevitably has to end up with one or the other getting neglected.

• Options
    japan wrote:
    I sometimes wonder if Scottish Labour policy would more closely resemble SNP policy absent the influence of the Westminster party.

I feel like trying to appeal to voters in Scotland and voters in England with the same platform inevitably has to end up with one or the other getting neglected.

English Labour is an irrelevance by itself, is the problem. The two can't really seperate without dooming the mother party.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    I was impressed by Nicola Sturgeon at First Minister's Questions this week. I'm still researching her outside of that, but she seemed much more competent and capable than Salmond.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    japan wrote:

English Labour is an irrelevance by itself, is the problem. The two can't really seperate without dooming the mother party.

I feel like Britain as a whole deserves a better opposition than Miliband's Labour party.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    He does look very sleazy. But undeniably competent. Voters will forgive a lot if they feel their man will always come out on top. Not like his wheeler dealings during the minority government have been bad for Scotland.

If Alex Salmond is your idea of a good leader then I suppose you'll get the government you deserve.

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    V1m wrote:

If Alex Salmond is your idea of a good leader then I suppose you'll get the government you deserve.

Truer words were never spoken.

• Options
    How exactly is Salmond a bad leader? He secured a majority in a non-majoritarian system, and operated an effective minority government.