As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] Sororitas wish they were packing Wych 'weapons'. (They're probably fake)

• Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    Kinda like hydras with a stubber.

"ok my 2 hydras... that's 8 dice. Ok rerolling misses. Alright now 6 more shots from the heavy bolters. Oh yeah, 6 more shots from the stubbers..."

Insert my opponent asking about what the fuck I'm firing about 1/2 way through that conversation. I always casually mention they're 85pts apiece like that.

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Just did the numbers, once I put together the Christmas gifts I know about I'll have just under 1,300 points. It might not sound like much but I'm getting there.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    altmann wrote:
    Kinda like hydras with a stubber.

"ok my 2 hydras... that's 8 dice. Ok rerolling misses. Alright now 6 more shots from the heavy bolters. Oh yeah, 6 more shots from the stubbers..."

Insert my opponent asking about what the fuck I'm firing about 1/2 way through that conversation. I always casually mention they're 85pts apiece like that.

I love it. Man, Hydras are pretty good.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Ken O wrote:
    Just did the numbers, once I put together the Christmas gifts I know about I'll have just under 1,300 points. It might not sound like much but I'm getting there.

What's awesome is when you hit 1500 points, put the list together, play some games, and realise it doesn't work and you need more stuff.

• Options
    Proxy! You gotta play that shit like it's 'nam before you go getting all fired up for it.

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Kabalites4.jpg

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    Real nice. That is a gd big gun.

• Options
    PixelMonkeyPixelMonkey Registered User regular
    Personally I would Tau codex to come out next. My little greys need love too.

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I would tau codex too.

<3

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Denada wrote:
    I've read over the Eldar codex and I'm pretty sold on them.

The Good (at least for me):
    -Lots of special rules on their units. Every unit has at least one "thing".
    -Love their flavor.
    -Very few exposed heads on their models. I've got a thing for helmets. I don't know why.

The Not as Good:
    -Mediocre ranged weapons (at least at first glance).
    -Weak armor on their vehicles.
    -Warp Spiders. As far as I can tell they have no reason for existing.

I just don't know where to start. Almost every aspect has something in it that makes me want to have a unit or two of them, and most of the HQ choices seem pretty decent, as long as you're not fighting something resistant to psychic attacks.

Madness!

Eldar have pretty good ranged. Scatter lasers and EMLs are where it's at. A Bright Lance or 2 can also be handy.
    Yes armour is weak in straight terms, but the vehicles you'll actually be taking wither have holofields, which make them maddeningly hard to destroy, or power fields which make them less vulnerable to high S weapons.

And Warp Spiders are just awesome. They are ultra mobile, are in 3+ and can produce a fairly horrifying number of S6 shots. If you give the Exarch Powerblades and Hit & Run then they can even be viable in assault against weak enemy units.

Aspects in general are awesome. I want them all! I only need Shining Spears and Shadow Spectres now ...

@Dayspring: Those Dark Eldar are sexy.

Asher on
    I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    PixelMonkeyPixelMonkey Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I would tau codex too.

<3

First army I ever collected when I was twelve.

PixelMonkey on
  • Options
    mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    My partner in a team game last night brought Draigo, Mordrak, and like 10 paladins in 1750, and reserved them all. Made me want to kill myself.

My scout bikers did kill Lysander in close combat, though.

E26cO.jpg
  • Options
    I've been reading Titanicus, not quite at 100 pages yet, but I already want to order an Epic Warlord Titan to paint.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    I keep seeing this word in Titanicus and I read it in Crossfire too. It's "famulous." And I cannot find a definition of it anywhere.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Famulous is kinda like scrumtrulescent strategery.

signature.png
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dan Abnett really likes using words nobody has ever heard of. Not even British people.

edit: it is making me consider giving up on Legion. I have a great vocabulary and this dude makes obfuscation look like child's play.

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've always enjoyed his books though. And Crossfire is either the title of, or the title of one of the books in the Shira Calpurnia Arbites omnibus (by a different author). It talks about the Sisters Famulous, who are like diplomats and functionaries, but not militant, like the Sisters of Battle.

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote:
    What's awesome is when you hit 1500 points, put the list together, play some games, and realise it doesn't work and you need more stuff.

Oh yeah, I don't see myself stopping at 1500.

This is what I have so far
    Captain with Combi-Melta, Thunder Hammer, Artificer Armor
    Command Squad with Company Champion, Banner, 1 Vet with Flamer, 1 Vet with Plasma Pistol and Lightning Claw
    10 Tac Marines with Flamer and Multi-Melta
    10 Tac Marines with Flamer and Heavy Bolter
    5 Terminators with TH/SS
    1 Dread with Multi-Melta and Storm Bolter

I am spoiled and know I am getting a Land Raider Redeemer and a Razorback for Christmas

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Heh. That's what happened with my Guard. I hit 1500, then decided I liked all the other toys in the shiny book.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    TraceofToxinTraceofToxin King Nothing Registered User regular
    mugginns wrote:
    My partner in a team game last night brought Draigo, Mordrak, and like 10 paladins in 1750, and reserved them all. Made me want to kill myself.

Pretty sure Mordrak always comes in turn 1.

Everyday I wake up is the worst day of my life.
  • Options
    The Black Library sent me an email confirming they've shipped my order. Double Eagle and Fear the Alien are on it's way. Double Eagle because of the Independent Character's podcast, and Fear the Alien because of Muggins blogsite.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    mugginns wrote:

Pretty sure Mordrak always comes in turn 1.
    Yup he did, and he got killed

E26cO.jpg
  • Options
    The Black Library sent me an email confirming they've shipped my order. Double Eagle and Fear the Alien are on it's way. Double Eagle because of the Independent Character's podcast, and Fear the Alien because of Muggins blogsite.

Sweet! I just put up a blog article about some really cool templates and rulers I bought, including a blast template ruler that I find extremely useful.

E26cO.jpg
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    I've only faced Mordrak once, and he didn't make it to turn 2 before I hit him and his buddies with a Vindicator and killed them all.

I felt bad, but very happy at the same time :P

• Options
    Oh god that macharius tank is fucking rad. I fear getting it, because I can see it now: 3 superheavies and a flyer. Fuck altmann, I'm never playing apoc with him again.

omega4.jpg

preddeimos3.jpg

These are the best looking heavy bolter sponsons in the game:

preddeimos1.jpg

signature.png
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They should make more Tyranid stuff
    3 superheavies and a flyer. Fuck altmann, I'm never playing apoc with him again.
    C'mon up to the fresh coast for The Big Game, you can face down my 5 gargantuan creatures

edit: also I love how in 40k big guns are just bigger versions of small guns, lol.

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
  • Options
    Fuck i wish man. Where are you guys?

signature.png
  • Options
    Mid-Michigan. Fly into Bishop in Flint and spend the weekend.

E26cO.jpg
  • Options
    Last Apoc game I brought 2 Hierophants, 3 Trygon/Hormagaunt formations and a Hive Tyrant.

Fuck yar.

(Someone test my lists goddamnit)

• Options
    Mystery.ShadowMystery.Shadow Registered User regular
    Dang! I go away for two weeks and there are 60 pages of WarHams to catch up on!

A question for you Imperial Guard Players, I never seem to notice anyone fielding any Missile Launcher armed Guardsmen. Any reason why?

WARNING! MMO Addiction can Prevent Long-Term Employment, a Meaningful Relationship, and Financial Independence. When's the Next Raid?

I Spent 90% of my Money on Women and Warhammer. The Rest I Wasted.
  • Options
    Dang! I go away for two weeks and there are 60 pages of WarHams to catch up on!

A question for you Imperial Guard Players, I never seem to notice anyone fielding any Missile Launcher armed Guardsmen. Any reason why?

Single shot BS3 ftl. Autocannons are where it's at.

Also, Hydras. Fucking Hydras. Amazing.

• Options
    I used to because i really liked the Valhallans holding the missile launchers. Apparently, the one shot isn't enough though according to the guys here. I always thought since it had the option of firing krak or frag missiles, it made up for it's lack of shots in versatility.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    I can't tell if I like or dislike the rounded turret. It's so different from the normal slab sided Imperium style.

An Open Topped vehicle firing a Titan class weapon is funny to think about.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, for 5 more points per Missile launcher, you're gaining one str and losing one shot. You do also gain the ability to launch frag, which, is still only str4. It's just not worth it. If you're firing frag missiles as a guardsman, something has been screwed up somewhere else.

The key. THE KEY! with guard is volume of fire and/or twin-link. MEQ can get away with missing one or two shots here and there. They're not running away (usually) and they can be in the open and survive (usually). Guard is all about volume and redundancy. Don't take a super-vehicle/super-unit. Take 2 regular units. This is why all the "omg" shit in the guard dex is so underwhelming. Ogryn, stormtroopers, deathstrikes and the other big-hitter artillery are just too expensive. Why have 1 str10 when I can have 3 str 8? Why have 3 str 8 Missile launchers, when I can have 6 str7 autocannon shots and 15 more points left over. That's another plasma gun on some poor sod so he can blow himself up in the off chance he sunburns a chaos marine.

Thats why vendettas are amazing. 3 lascannons for 130pts is ridic. That's only 10pts less than 3 heavy weapon teams with lascannons. AND THEY'RE FUCKING TWIN LINKED! Sign me up for that shit. It's dick, but so what? Your troops fucking fall over. A chimera full of vets explodes and you lose 6 dudes at least. They may not run off the board after that.

Also, small blast is just not worth it in guard when there are so many other better options. Hell, I'd say a regular MORTAR team is better than a small blast missile launcher. It's free (in terms of upgrade cost) and you can stick them behind LoS and just fire away.

altmann on

signature.png
  • Options
    Altmann is for gaining 10 points in the inheritance of glorious Gryffindor, comrades.

• Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    -Loki- wrote:
    Ken O wrote:

you just keep it for when they change your codex and that unit is now awesome and the new shiny thing you just bought now has armor only on the back or something

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    altmann wrote:
    These are the best looking heavy bolter sponsons in the game:

preddeimos1.jpg

Fucking hell, they really are. Damn.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    I guess I need to invest in more Valhallan autocannons.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Triple vendetta lists will get you booed out of the store

Flames of War is coming out with a new edition and if you have the hardcover of their rulebook you can get the mini-rulebook for free - pretty jawsome. Take a lesson here, GW!

E26cO.jpg
This discussion has been closed.