As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] Ain't Awake Yet

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    holy fuck I'm bored

why is there no-one going out today?

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    desc wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    oh

did skippy and desc end up hanging out

deets

we all met up at skippy's hotel room, saw Underworld in 3D, went to a mexican food place / bar and sat up on the roof looking at the ocean and we ate burritos with sour cream and french fries in them in and drank several preposterous drinks while they played Deee-lite and US3 and such.

Then we got assorted foods room serviced and watched some missing episode of the Chapelle Show.

so you fucked

and eddy wore his technicolor shirt

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I'm gonna go out and drink today, I have decided. I'll either run into someone I half-know who is out drinking, or I'll run into someone I don't know at all who is out drinking.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Both waitresses were really quite a bit.

But let us not forget the blonde with the coat.

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Julius has very odd standards for US demographics. I mean, it's not wrong to think that a country with 75% Christians is really Christian, since that's a largely subjective qualifier, but it's still really odd to me that he thinks that.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote:
    Does it have graphics or a usable interface yet?

Goddammit DK use your imagination

Sorry, I used it all up trying to imagine why anyone would want to play dwarf fortress.

http://df.magmawiki.com/images/4/40/FunComic.png

• Options
    ALockslyALocksly Registered User regular
    Mornin' [chat]

@Carrot: How're thing going with the syndicate?

Yes,... yes, I agree. It's totally unfair that sober you gets into trouble for things that drunk you did.
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote:
    I'm gonna go out and drink today, I have decided. I'll either run into someone I half-know who is out drinking, or I'll run into someone I don't know at all who is out drinking.

Or you'll drink alone and your tears will be all the company you need.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    there are some pretty okay looking tilesets

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:
    Winky wrote:

Sorry, I used it all up trying to imagine why anyone would want to play dwarf fortress.

Ahahahaha yes

I should play that again. But you guys say there is a new patch coming?

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Julius has very odd standards for US demographics. I mean, it's not wrong to think that a country with 75% Christians is really Christian, since that's a largely subjective qualifier, but it's still really odd to me that he thinks that.

Well, the US does seem very overtly Christian in general. In a similar way to that in which Spain or Italy appear very Catholic.

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Kalkino wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:
    the other ones were meh but I really find this one fun

TOTALLY CONVINCING TALIBAN

40694110150502254613113.jpg

I think that I can see Koranic art on those caps. I've already called Interpol and Colonel-in-Chief Sir Nils Olav has been put on the case

Looking like taliban was kind of the point.

I just wanted an excuse to post this photo

king_penguin_nils-olav_honorary_member_of_norwegian_kings_guard.jpg

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular

71% of the UK is nominally Christian and there is a state church, yet the UK is undeniably substantially more secular than the US

I think he's trying to get at the notion that the US is more religious in some sense, but reported religious belief is a bad proxy for this

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    my aunt's fiancee- who is fat and loves all food- legitimately orders chinese every time just because the dude who answers the phone at our local place is awesome.

him: what's your number
    us: it's blahblahblah
    him: oh, [our address]! WHAT CAN I GETCHA

but it comes out like WUTCANAGETCHAAAAAAA

and it's a funny accent and he's so friendly

sometimes we put it on speaker phone and silently die in fits of laughter

i love that guy so much

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    "how often do you go to church" and "how often do you pray" would be good questions to ask

• Options
    Organichu wrote:
    my aunt's fiancee- who is fat and loves all food- legitimately orders chinese every time just because the dude who answers the phone at our local place is awesome.

him: what's your number
    us: it's blahblahblah
    him: oh, [our address]! WHAT CAN I GETCHA

but it comes out like WUTCANAGETCHAAAAAAA

and it's a funny accent and he's so friendly

sometimes we put it on speaker phone and silently die in fits of laughter

i love that guy so much

I used to live around the corner from a great Chinese delivery place. They offered cinnamon-sugar donut holes for dessert, which, it turns out, are ideally eaten with chopsticks.

One of the few things I miss about living in town.

Yes,... yes, I agree. It's totally unfair that sober you gets into trouble for things that drunk you did.
  • Options
    desc wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    Winky wrote:

Ahahahaha yes

I should play that again. But you guys say there is a new patch coming?

Well, within the next month maybe. But it will be buggy and there won't be any tutorials that cover any of the new additions. You're best off playing either 40d which is old but stable and has a lot of tutorial options or the latest version which will make it easier to play the later versions and there are some tutorials.

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    wandering wrote:
    "how often do you go to church" and "how often do you pray" would be good questions to ask
    "Would you vote for a non-Christian president?" is a great indicator imo.

• Options
    I actually don't know what's going to be in the next patch besides sponsor animals.

• Options
    wandering wrote:

"How much does your faith affect how you vote?"

1 through 10 scale

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Sarksus wrote:
    I actually don't know what's going to be in the next patch besides sponsor animals.
    sponsor animals?

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:

Selecting across z-levels man! That is going to change the world.

The rest is mainly nonsense that won't turn up outside of world gen.

Although there will be a new system in place so dwarves can "go missing" and other dwarves can investigate. The answer could be vampires. Or Dwarf AIDS.

• Options
    I'm playing Mass Effect 1 for the first time. Fuck the controls. :( No way to zoom out, conversation options are not hotkeyed to 1-9 like in SWTOR and the controls of that dune buggy are just retarded.

is there a way to play this game without having to pay attention to the other party members? I find it annoying I have to keep pointing them towards cover, never mind telling them to use a special ability.

• Options
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    sponsor animals?

People donated a particular amount awhile back and they got to choose an animal to be added to the game with special abilities.

• Options
    Aldo wrote:
    I'm playing Mass Effect 1 for the first time. Fuck the controls. :( No way to zoom out, conversation options are not hotkeyed to 1-9 like in SWTOR and the controls of that dune buggy are just retarded.

is there a way to play this game without having to pay attention to the other party members? I find it annoying I have to keep pointing them towards cover, never mind telling them to use a special ability.

Just ignore them, it makes the game no easier to keep them alive. Don't do any side quests or explore random worlds, they're all super boring.

• Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    Aldo wrote:

Just ignore them, it makes the game no easier to keep them alive. Don't do any side quests or explore random worlds, they're all super boring.

Huh, maybe the side quests are where I was going wrong.

• Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    Aldo wrote:

OK so is this one of those "it's a good game if you ignore the following spreadsheet of features" GOTYs?

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    mass effect has not aged well

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    20120113__freeway~1_400.JPG

ap_santa_barbara_highway_rescue_dm_120116_wg.jpg
    TWIP_120119_01.ss_full.jpg
    According to the California Highway Patrol, the northbound gravel truck, traveling in the fast lane, struck the BMW from behind and then careened off a bridge and into the creek adjacent to the freeway, where it burst into flames, killing the truck driver.

"The BMW was then forced into the center concrete wall where the three parties in the BMW became trapped in the vehicle." said Officer Danny Maher, California Highway Patrol.

Inside the car was Kelli Groves, 36, Sage Groves, 10, and Milo Groves, 10 weeks, and one by one they were extricated from the vehicle that clung to a concrete guardrail above Nojoqui Creek in the Three Bridges area. A team of Navy Seabees happened to be passing by the scene, and the fire crew used a Seabees heavy forklift to stabilize the dangling car.

HOLY CRAP.

But they all lived right? RIGHT?!!?

• Options
    Mim doesn't care about truck drivers.

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:
    Mim doesn't care about truck drivers.

Well, I feel bad for him

But the other car has kids in them, so my mind jumped to that immediately.

• Options
    japan wrote:
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    Aldo wrote:

I wrote the game off first time I played it. Turns out the optional content is just dreadful and it's actually fun if you gun through the main story without stopping. I'm glad I gave it another chance.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    ronya wrote:
    71% of the UK is nominally Christian and there is a state church, yet the UK is undeniably substantially more secular than the US

I think he's trying to get at the notion that the US is more religious in some sense, but reported religious belief is a bad proxy for this

In Sweden you got an automatic membership in the church at birth up until the late 70s. Almost nobody bothered to formally leave it.

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    japan wrote:
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    Aldo wrote:

I've found that squadmates do tend to go to cover, though not always, and they'll try to shoot through cover when enemies are on the other side. As for powers, make sure you have them set on active in the options rather than on defense only or disabled. And yeah, for your first time through, most of the sidequests aren't that fun, except Wrex's armor, the geth invasion, Helena Blake, and the moon.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    It turns out that one of French Girl's nephews reacts very badly to animals that don't confirm to his established understanding of zoology. While playing with Duplo, he went mental when I put an elephant head on the back of a crocodile.

Repeated permutations of Duplo chimeras resulted in me being told that "I'm not funny" and I should stop doing "things that aren't real".

It was great. He also has a real monster waiting for him by his bed. It's a giraffe/crocodile/elephant/boat/car/tree

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    It turns out that one of French Girl's nephews reacts very badly to animals that don't confirm to his established understanding of zoology. While playing with Duplo, he went mental when I put an elephant head on the back of a crocodile.

Repeated permutations of Duplo chimeras resulted in me being told that "I'm not funny" and I should stop doing "things that aren't real".

It was great. He also has a real monster waiting for him by his bed.

By a real monster you mean...?

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote:
    ronya wrote:

In Sweden you got an automatic membership in the church at birth up until the late 70s. Almost nobody bothered to formally leave it.

I think the Church of Scotland more or less assumes you're a member of the church whether you are Christian or not. This is why so many people get married and have funerals in CoS places even though they're not congregation members.

• Options
    japan wrote:
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    Aldo wrote:

I've found that squadmates do tend to go to cover, though not always, and they'll try to shoot through cover when enemies are on the other side. As for powers, make sure you have them set on active in the options rather than on defense only or disabled. And yeah, for your first time through, most of the sidequests aren't that fun, except Wrex's armor, the geth invasion, Helena Blake, and the moon.

b-b-but I couldn't recognize a single one of those sidequests without prior knowledge of the game? D:

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
  • Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    japan wrote:
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    Aldo wrote:

I wrote the game off first time I played it. Turns out the optional content is just dreadful and it's actually fun if you gun through the main story without stopping. I'm glad I gave it another chance.

Hmm. I'll maybe give that a go, then.

I think my initial attempt on it was also hindered by the fact that the quick character generator gives you the least interesting character imaginable.

This discussion has been closed.