As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] PA Deathwatch detachment collaboration project

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I actually did some painting this weekend. I think I've nailed a very subtle black.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    OK, managed to get my guy finished off today. Pics in the spoilers.
    IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0014.JPG

So he should be ready to send off unless anyone has some suggestions.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    TraceofToxinTraceofToxin King Nothing Registered User regular
    @Naile - Got your mans, you're the first person to return the mini so you win a special no-prize. Thanks broham.

@Chrysis - I like it. Simple, smooth, looks good. I am happy with it!

Everyday I wake up is the worst day of my life.
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I'm going to start tonight, I guess. Any advice on what color to edge highlight with?

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    For the black? VMC Dark Grey, 70994. It's a fantastic black highlight.

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Pretend I'm using Citadel colors. What would that be in those?

Or, ya know, I could just find that comparison chart. NM. I'll do that.

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    There isn't a comparison really, at least not that I'm aware of.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    50/50 Codex Grey/Black.

I personally have been using Reaper Stormy Grey which is a bit darker.

• Options
    Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I have limited paints so I just mix a drop of skull white into some black until I get a nice dark grey, also all of the dudes in here look pretty awesome you should all send them to me instead of ToT :p

Mr. Mojo Risin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mojo - You want to refund the time and money I put into the project, you're welcome to have it. In fact, you can give me min wage for the hours I put in and still owe me somewhere between a lot and a metric fuckton.

• Options
    Hey ToT how is shitport treating you

• Options
    Shitty. Been super shitty last week, broke up with the woman. Tomorrow's my last day in the military though, so that's kept me from moping too much.

That and warhams. I've done up a custom prince and baron this week so far, as well as some other minor stuff. Gotta stay busy.

• Options
    OH HAI.

Deathwatch-WIP.png

Progress is slow.

• Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Progress has been slow recently, but I was fired yesterday for no good reason, so I guess I'll have time to finish my dude now.

Angry painting is the best painting.

• Options
    OH HAI.

Deathwatch-WIP.png

Progress is slow.

Looks good so far. Shoulderpad is baller.

• Options
    Liking it so far keen.

Denada - where you at? I'll drive over there, we can get drunk and throw beer bottles at your former employer.

• Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    California. I would love to do so but my former employer is technically a school site, so that would probably be bad. And really it's just my two former bosses that are the problem. They're fucking cowards and wouldn't even look at me while the HR director gave me that "This is really hard for us," bullshit. Really? Hard for you? Yeah it must be so hard to go home at the end of the day knowing exactly how you're going to pay your mortgage and take your kids to the dentist. That must be really fucking tough.

You know, it's funny, but this anger actually is making me want to paint. Is rage-painting a thing?

• Options
    You can throw bottles and I'll pretend to be police arresting you so we can sweep you away safely.

I dunno, I donkt even paint when I'm happy.

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    I have rage-painted.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    NaileNaile Registered User regular
    Hope he doesn't look too shitty ToT. Painting was never really my strong suit.

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Shitty. Been super shitty last week, broke up with the woman. Tomorrow's my last day in the military though, so that's kept me from moping too much.

That and warhams. I've done up a custom prince and baron this week so far, as well as some other minor stuff. Gotta stay busy.

dude, that sucks. Well I guess I'll get to take you to different places when you hit up Tokyo though
    get in my sex dungeon

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    Liking it so far keen.

Good.

As always, it looks a lot better in person. I really should invest in an actual camera.

• Options
    @Naile - What chapter did you want him to be? You forgot his right shoulderpad, so I'll have to get one made up for him. Don't worry about the painting, it's all good brother.

@Dayspring - Since I'll be alone, that means I can drop the bullet train tickets and walk my ass all the way to Kyoto from Tokyo. Also means I could bring some 40k stuff, if you don't mind me leaving it at your house while I wander the country.

@Keen - That's what she said.

• Options
    That's a long walk.

The first chance I'm going to get to get to an open post office is Friday evening (who closes Post Offices at 5, and why aren't you open on weekends?) so I'm going to try and get it in the mail then. I assume the address is still what's written on the box?

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    Yup.

Thomas Pelletier
    5303 S Lakeshore Drive
    Shreveport LA, 71109

I plan on walking pretty far, kinda wanna do 1 way tickets so I don't have a time constraint.

• Options
    If you plan on walking far, the 3 or 4 hundred Km between Tokyo and Kyoto is probably the way to do it. There's a group who play 40K in Nagoya as well, but I've never been able to make my way down that far for a game.

Excellent. I wasn't 100% sure on the Shreveport bit, thanks for clarifying. Should be able to get that in the mail Friday assuming nothing goes wrong.

• Options
    I might do just Tokyo/kyoto, or I might do one of the 'far roads to the north' that basho did.

Not sure yet.

Might just go to the Airport and try to find space A flights.

• Options
    Japan, huh? I didn't realize you were a weeaboo.

• Options
    I don't even like anime, hah.

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    You don't like anime?
    I'll rasengan your ...vegeta all over the local...kira
    pikachu

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    So I should assemble my guy, eh?

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    Probably. Deadline is slowly approaching, much like your inevitable lonely death.

• Options
    NaileNaile Registered User regular
    He was supposed to be Sons of Orar, which is a basically red Ultramarines with an Omega symbol instead of the U. Tried to do the Omega in greenstuff and painted, didn't work out too well so I scrapped it. http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Sons_of_Orar

• Options
    edited July 2012
    I don't even like anime, hah.

I loathe anime so much that even the word 'loathe' in fucking italics doesn't adequately convey my hatred.

I still want to hit up Japan though. Mostly to eat and use fancy toilets.

Dr_Keenbean on
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Probably. Deadline is slowly approaching, much like your inevitable lonely death.

Oh yeah, that thing...what is the 'deadline'? I think I remember something about July back when this was starting...

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    End of the month. I leave here like august 3/4th or so.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    End of the month. I leave here like august 3/4th or so.

Cool, still some time then.
    I picked up some new glue at Hobbytown the other day, so hopefully that will help make keeping the little bits together easier.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Anime'ing it up with this awesome Blood Raven. Desu.
    O2idz.jpg
    70mRg.jpg
    CLLYn.jpg

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    JJ Rabbit GangmemberRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Finally got some paint no the go with this mans. Camera isnt charged though, so shitty phone picture it is!

hD9S0.jpg

Are we allowed weathering on these? I forget if I asked before or if it was stated they needed to be "clean"

J on
  • Options
    Do whatever you feel, brotha. The lighting effect on the eyes is A+!