As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] PA Deathwatch detachment collaboration project

• Options
    JJ Rabbit GangmemberRegistered User regular
    Thanks! And awesome, ill probably shove some bits of brown into the crevices then. bit of a sly way to break up the black a bit!

• Options
    TraceofToxinTraceofToxin King Nothing Registered User regular
    You're the artist, and license is yours. I'm all about them having their own flavors.

Everyday I wake up is the worst day of my life.
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Awesome as ever, J

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Good news. Man is in the mail. I expect he'll be deepstriking to your door in a little over a week.

Also, I may have been very thorough with tape usage.

Chrysis on
    Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    I did gud too. ;_;

Mailing him tomorrow.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    Awesome. Looking forward to getting the manses! Sadly the bases won't be done anytime soon, so I'm going to pin the feet on all of them and give them temporary black bases, I think.

• Options
    OgotaiOgotai Registered User regular
    I am going to try to get my guy mailed tomorrow too I think.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    No news!

I am not mailing any mans tomorrow. I have not made any more progress.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    DEADLINE?!?!?!? Crud. I gotta get started.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I just hope the weather stops being fucking stupid hot/humid so when I get done I can dullcote this bastard.

Otherwise you may just get a mans slathered in paint-on gloss varnish.

And also a Deathwatch marine like that.

:winky:

• Options
    Don't tease me Keen. Don't you do that!

• Options
    Got Otaku's d00d. 3/27! Saluksic, I will have your package mailed tomorrow. It has your commission and the Blood Raven shoulderpad.

SJ and Valhalla, I haven't forgotten you. I'm going out to Coloardo this weekend and will have plenty of time to write you delicious poems. I also had a pretty decent idea for how to print them. Will have to stop by a craft store while I'm out.

• Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    Mmm, delicious poetry.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    It's been hard to be creative last two weeks, what with all the mopeing and such. I apologize!

TraceofToxin on
  • Options
    That's fine. I'm only now finishing building this guy. Fortunately the painting part won't take very long.

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    SJ wrote: »
    That's fine. I'm only now finishing building this guy. Fortunately the painting part won't take very long.

Yes it will.

Because you don't paint.

Unless you do and never post picture, in which case you should be named and shamed.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    I paint, I'm just not a particularly motivated painter so I'll paint a bunch of stuff every few months and slowly work on a couple things (very, very slowly) in between that.

And pretty much no matter what the pics I take make the mini look fucking awful, so.

SJ on
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    I think that's a lie. I remember your Space Shark pictures.

They were crisp as fuck.

Basically I'm saying you should post pictures of stuff because you got, as the kids say, "the skills, to pay the bills".

• Options
    SJ wrote: »
    And pretty much no matter what the pics I take make the mini look fucking awful, so.

It helps if you don't paint awfully.

:P

• Options
    I think that's a lie. I remember your Space Shark pictures.

They were crisp as fuck.

Basically I'm saying you should post pictures of stuff because you got, as the kids say, "the skills, to pay the bills".

Haha, those were actually taken by a friend of mine who is a professional photographer :P

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    So is the chest eagle on this little dude supposed to be white? And is everyone painting the "I" on the shoulder pad silver or gold? I've seen it both ways. Also, is it mithril silver, or boltgun metal for the arm and should pad trim? It looks like mithril silver to me.

Also, I'm trying a few things. I hope they turn out okay. I'm going to be highlighting lik a boss for the first time. 'Cause I don't want mine to look the worst out of all of them. Which I'm afraid it will. I'm going to try highlighting the silver with just a touch of shining gold. I've heard that works well on silver. I'll try a bit and see first.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    The chest can be black or silver or whatever you want. The I is usually silver or red. Whatever silver you think looks best.

Don't highlight just for the sake of highlighting. Simplicity is it's own elegance.

• Options
    The way the metal pad is sculpted, the I isn't fully defined. The serif on the bottom becomes the trim of the pad.

For the metallic arm I went with boltgun base (well, leadbelcher) followed by thin washes with asurmen blue then badab black. Then I gave it a nice thin layering of chainmail with a thing edge highlight of mithril silver.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    The way the metal pad is sculpted, the I isn't fully defined. The serif on the bottom becomes the trim of the pad.

For the metallic arm I went with boltgun base (well, leadbelcher) followed by thin washes with asurmen blue then badab black. Then I gave it a nice thin layering of chainmail with a thing edge highlight of mithril silver.

Pics or it didn't happen.

I think I will glue tiny bits of plastic together tonight.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    I failed in my quest to track down a spare left arm for my guy. I might try and cobble a bionic replacement together using some cron parts. What do you think?

• Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    Sorry about being remiss fellas. I've had both relationship AND work drama keeping me under for a couple weeks.

• Options
    Dayspring wrote: »
    I failed in my quest to track down a spare left arm for my guy. I might try and cobble a bionic replacement together using some cron parts. What do you think?

What kind of left arm are you looking for again? I bought a box of Tactical Marines to experiment on, so I could spare one of their left arms if that would help.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    Post up some drafts Dayspring, might look boss

• Options
    I'll post some pics when I try it out, but if you could get me a spare Chrysis that'd be nice. I think a pistol or sword arm would be best, but I could probably make use of whatever.

• Options
    I've pretty much got the whole box left, as I only put together one bolter marine to test paint black armour on. So I'll have a look tonight and see what the actual options are. Although it looks like, from the pictures on GW's site, there's a straight left arm with chainsword for the Sarge.

• Options
    edited July 2012

Pics or it didn't happen.

I think I will glue tiny bits of plastic together tonight.

EDIT: posting from phone. Pics will have to wait.

Dr_Keenbean on
  • Options
    OgotaiOgotai Registered User regular
    Tox, my dude is in the mail. Should be there in a day or so.

• Options
    I got someone's man yesterday but the lazy mailman didn't come to my door so I gotta go to the post office.

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    I mailed mine out on Monday with a priority label. So it might have been mine.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Think it was. Needed confirmation and such. Running errands tomorrow before I leave for Colorado so I'll pick it up then.

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Sorry about that. I made them track it. I didn't want to be the guy whos mans was lost in the warp.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    lol nah it's all good. The mailmen are lazy and never come down the road to my house. I was home all day they just said fuck it. It's raining and they're bums. Whatever happened to the mailman's creed?

• Options
    Okay here we go. So apparently the left eye socket on the skull had something in it that I did not see until it was painted. So now it has 1 red eye. I felt like it was the better solution rather than trying to carve out the eye socket and re-paint.

ToT-WIP.png

• Options
    @Dayspring

I had a look in the box, and looks like as far as left arms go there's a Straight Bolt Pistol arm (for holding out in front shooting dudes) or a Straight Chainsword arm (for having his arm straight down, holding the chainsword pointing forwards). The pistol arm would be easier to remove the actual pistol from, but it's up to you. Or I could send both, that would also work for me. PM me an address and which you want and I'll try to get it in the mail tomorrow evening.

• Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Horatio is in transit. Barring any warp-related delays, he should be there next week ready for duty to The Emperor.