As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Game of Assholes, Season 2! The night is dark and full of spoilers

1787980818284»

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    You guys might wanna retitle those RW spoilers, to Book three Spoilers
    Because if you've not gotten to RW yet you have no idea what RW means

• Options
    SwissLionSwissLion We are beside ourselves! Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Really Weak spoilers, spoilers they aren't spoilers.

Ronald Weasely spoilers, spoilers he is poor and a red head.

Royal Wedding spoilers, spoilers it is a magical occasion.

EDIT: None of these are true seriously people don't click those.

SwissLion on
    ImWcN1I.png?3
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    I fixed it, apologies.

• Options
    IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Rather Worrying spoilers

Ivar on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    I dont get the complaints about Jons sequence, they'd be telegraphing it for a few episodes if i remember correctly. And it clearly conveyed the situation and reasoning to me. I mean if you thought Jon just lost his temper you werent really pay attention, cos its in there.

exactly

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    theSquid wrote: »
    RW (Book 3) spoilers
    I hope its a horrific blood fest in which the characters involve die in a humiliating and bloody way. I want the fucking walls to be painted in organs and bodily fluids. I want people crying when they die watching family members die. Just to see the reaction of the hipster crowd.

i dont think you know what that word means

like, at all

• Options
    RocketScienceRocketScience Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    I dont get the complaints about Jons sequence, they'd be telegraphing it for a few episodes if i remember correctly. And it clearly conveyed the situation and reasoning to me. I mean if you thought Jon just lost his temper you werent really pay attention, cos its in there.
    This is the bastard son of the guy who spent two whole episodes reading aloud "Robert Baratheon, black of hair. Joffrey Baratheon, golden haired".
    It was obvious that Quorin intended to get killed. It wasn't as clear as it could have been that Jon was in on the plan, and understood his part was to go undercover with the wildlings.

RocketScience on
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I think it conveyed he understood it, but was reluctant, and there was almost a situation where Quorin was giving up trying to force him, and thats when Jon realised he had to do his part, and stabbed him.

And omg my writing is terrible in that quote, I guess when you're writing an essay at the same time as posting words only get half written

• Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    This is the bastard son of the guy who spent two whole episodes reading aloud "Robert Baratheon, black of hair. Joffrey Baratheon, golden haired".
    It was obvious that Quorin intended to get killed. It wasn't as clear as it could have been that Jon was in on the plan, and understood his part was to go undercover with the wildlings.

Thats true, i didnt get the feeling that Jon knew what was going on though he was aware of what Halfhand was saying to him.

• Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    Squall wrote: »
    theSquid wrote: »
    RW (Book 3) spoilers
    I hope its a horrific blood fest in which the characters involve die in a humiliating and bloody way. I want the fucking walls to be painted in organs and bodily fluids. I want people crying when they die watching family members die. Just to see the reaction of the hipster crowd.

i dont think you know what that word means

like, at all

That's just something a hipster would say.

What are you, a hipster?

• Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    Ha, I was just going to ask, which word?

• Options
    ffaristocratffaristocrat Registered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Sassori wrote: »
    I'm debating reading SoS again. Maybe I'll try to put that off until later when it's a bit closer to the third season coming out.

But aren't they combining some of the third and fourth book? I definitely need to reread the fourth one. So maybe I should start my rereads sooner instead of later.

From what I've heard, they're actually splitting book three into two (or at least one and a half) seasons, and then blending four and five together so things happen chronologically.

This works fine with ASOS because the last third of the book is pretty much a several hundred pages long climax. So season 3 dips a little into that and season 4 rides the wave of craziness.

Remember, they're adapting the series rather than books, so expect to see more and more shifting. You'll see a lot of Books 4 & 5 plotline late in season 4. I personally believe they'll combine the remainder of AFFC/ADWD into one single season. There's simply not enough plot between the two books to sustain the narrative buildup of two seasons of television. They're just like all the other books - slow build up and then craziness at the end, except they're happening at the same time, so if you simply combined them, the first of the two seasons would be all build up with no payoff at the end of the season. It'd kill momentum and interest at a point in the show's life when it can't afford that.

So, lots of AFFC/ADWD material shifted into the end of season 4, skip six months to a year for the characters and then season 5 is the remainder of the two books combined.

That leaves 2-3 seasons to finish off the show with whatever material is in TWOW and ADOS. I just don't see an HBO series going past 8 seasons.

• Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    If previous experience is anything, in a couple seasons the show will be too expensive to produce and they'll just cancel it. I would be very surprised if they finish it all.

• Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    If previous experience is anything, in a couple seasons the show will be too expensive to produce and they'll just cancel it. I would be very surprised if they finish it all.

You shut your whore mouth.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    They'll totally promise to wrap it up with a couple made for tv movies though and those movies will totally be made.

• Options
    ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    I think (or at least hope) that HBO learned a lesson from cancelling Rome at a time when that show was about to become more popular than it had ever been before

plus GoT seems to be a much bigger deal than most productions

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I'm still fucking gutted over Deadwood and the first person to bring it up will send me into a melancholic fu-aw fuck

• Options
    YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    They seem to be pretty budget conscious, skipping battle scenes that aren't totally necessary and such. I don't see them not finishing.

tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I'm still fucking gutted over Deadwood and the first person to bring it up will send me into a melancholic fu-aw fuck

God dammit. Now I'm all sad.

• Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »

From what I understand, Deadwood ending had as much to do with the showrunner exhausting himself as anything else.

• Options
    ffaristocratffaristocrat Registered User regular
    Also, I had a dream a few nights ago that Peter Dinklage and Natalie Dormer starred in a sexually charged period drama written by Stephen Moffatt. Are we all agreed that this should happen?

• Options
    EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I would be more concerned about them running out of material to film in a few years. I mean, the entire run of Game of Thrones could match up to about how long it took Martin to write the fifth book.

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    Entriech wrote: »
    I would be more concerned about them running out of material to film in a few years. I mean, the entire run of Game of Thrones could match up to about how long it took Martin to write the fifth book.

If I'm remembering correctly, Martin had an interview where he stated that he's given the showrunners an outline of where the story is going, in case they catch up / surpass him.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Well, book 3 will be 2 seasons, and books 4 and 5 combined will likely be at least 3 seasons

That gives Georgie five more years to pump out the sixth book
    I think he can do it in three
    And hopefully the sixth book will also be large enough to split into 2 seasons, giving him another four years for the seventh book

This is just guessing, but he can do it

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    IskanderIskander Registered User regular
    Entriech wrote: »

If I'm remembering correctly, Martin had an interview where he stated that he's given the showrunners an outline of where the story is going, in case they catch up / surpass him.

Or i case he bites it within the next couple years, which is not that unrealistic...

• Options
    IskanderIskander Registered User regular
    Arang wrote: »
    I think (or at least hope) that HBO learned a lesson from cancelling Rome at a time when that show was about to become more popular than it had ever been before

plus GoT seems to be a much bigger deal than most productions

I read somewhere that the entire set and prop warehouse for Rome burnt down at some point during season 2 and it would have cost too much to rebuild everything, which played a big part in the cancellation