As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[STEAM] Thread: CLOSE ME! DO IT!

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Handgimp wrote: »
    I am at a loss for words. This came in the mail today:
    1Qeov.jpg
    It's going to PAX East with me.

Couldn't send beer, so I had to improvise. Glad you like. Turned out better than I had hope.

edit: I feel kinda like a self aggrandizing dick with this being totp

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    1Qeov.jpg

Couldn't send beer, so I had to improvise. Glad you like. Turned out better than I had hope.

This man Knows who is Classy by being Classy.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    1Qeov.jpg

That. Is. Fucking. Epic.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Sooooo amazing.

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    That flask got me in the gifting spirit.

signature.png

Are you a bad enough dude to beat Ys III?
    Ends in 24 hours.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    PluffPluff BrazilRegistered User regular
    Riokenn wrote: »
    That flask got me in the gifting spirit.

signature.png

Are you a bad enough dude to beat Ys III?
    Ends in 24 hours.

AWESOME!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    Hey guys, might not be an amazing title or anything but I have a copy of Divinity II that I've been meaning to get rid of. Unless you're just feeling generous I don't need anything in return.

• Options
    PluffPluff BrazilRegistered User regular
    This real life gifting deserves to be on the thread name. Find something related to it and just change it already!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    1Qeov.jpg

edit: I feel kinda like a self aggrandizing dick with this being totp

Thank you! Seriously, you made my week/ month!

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Holy fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

that is awesome beyond words

not to mention incredibly genius

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Just finished World of Goo, and now onto Bastion. Yay!

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    BLAM!
    signature.png
    BANG!
    signature.png
    BOOM!
    signature.png

All giveaways ends in 24 hours.
    Good Luck!

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    That flask is the best thing. :^:

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    Shatania wrote: »
    So, turns out that Prey is not going to be re-released on Steam after all. Yes, I'm a credulous (April's) fool. Should have checked the calendar before venturing in Steam forums :cry:

I saw an unopened copy in a used computer store the other day and got all excited since the serials from retail copies can still be registered, but then I saw the $20 pricetag.

U can get it on amazon for not to bad a price. I snagged a copy for 7.50. Spent a few extra for peace of mind that the key would be good.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    This is going to escalate until Christmas Sale 2015 someone gifts someone else a house.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    that is one bloody nice flask! Props to Giftee and gifter both:) To bad about the beer though:)

striderjg on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AnakinOUAnakinOU Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    All the random coupons that were floating around are expired and gone, right? One of my old college buddies is flying back here in a couple weeks to celebrate his 35th birthday, with the intention of geeking out, LANning, etc. You know, reliving the shameful glory days of our freshman year of college, in 1996. I figured that L4D2 would be perfect for us to play....BUT...none of my crew has it. I'd need a 4-pack, maybe two of them, and I'm totally regretting ditching my "50% off Valve" coupons...

AnakinOU on
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Yea, they expired at the start of March. Potentially a new batch coming out.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    This is the coolest fucking community.

This. Classiest community online and off.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular
    That's probably the classiest thing I've ever seen in the Steam threads.

Also the Witcher 2 might be my new favorite game.

• Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    HARD CHOICES:

beat dragon age 1 and then replay as a dual wielding warrior dwarf warden, 2h ogrhen, morrigan, and that assassin rogue and make all the "LEMME JUST KILL YA" choices...

or move on to witcher 1 so i can get through its terrible combat to get to witcher 2?!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Hey guys, might not be an amazing title or anything but I have a copy of Divinity II that I've been meaning to get rid of. Unless you're just feeling generous I don't need anything in return.

oh oh oh unless its been taken already.

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Don't replay Dragon Age. I thought it might be interesting to try a different character type, but you're going to end up with probably a Rogue, a Tank, and 2 Mages, and you'll have the same control over each of them, so there's really no point. Also the game is so linear and restricted you will be doing exactly the same thing, with the same character types, in the same locations, for 99% of the game (i.e, everything after the origin story).

Also the Witcher 1's combat isn't terrible. It's better than, say, KotOR or NWN.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    busfahrer wrote: »
    Iolo wrote: »
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    Ok my Classy friends, I have a quick request. I need something to play that won't make me scream, yell, pull out my hair and nerd rage. My gamepad is broken, so no games that require one of those. Currently Space Marine has me nerd raging as I'm at/near the end where you fight the stupid waves of this and then waves of that and some how I don't have access to a Melta Gun which would make life easier. Another one, ironically, is making me rage is Tidalis - I'm at the part where you have to break 60 blocks but don't score over 1500 points and I keep missing it by THAT much.

Ok enough babbling... Sig has my link to my Library.

Well, Osmos is super relaxing in the early levels. You could play that for a bit.

You could also play Civ IV at super super easy level and feel like a masterful deity for steamrolling the gimpy AI. That would probably be pretty fun for a spell.

EDIT: Also, you have awesome taste in games. I would (obv.) recommend the Borderlands DLC, except those can actually be rage inducing if you don't patch in fast travel to unlocked locations. Not for all, but for some. Wouldn't want to steer you down that path and have it go pear-shaped. (If you do decide to run Zombie Island, be sure to get the Braaaaaains quest ASAP to avoid additional frustration.)

I'm gonna comment on the Osmos recommendation, but it might be too late seeing how Banzai's already in game ;-)

Anyways, myself and other people I know are of the opinion that after those early levels, Osmos becomes one of the most rage inducing games ever. Haven't played much of it, though :)

Yeah I played a bit of Osmos and saw myself heading down the path of rage so I switched it up with some Eufloria which I never really tried. It's not too bad and slightly calming. I should play that Zen game I got a long time ago, but I also remember that it led me to trying to 100% things instead of just being in the Zen.
    Auditorium

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    shit that reminds me I want to buy today's daily deal.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    A lot of the big RPGs where you get to be a saint or a dick aren't really that great to replay right away. They tend to show you just how much the choices you make are kind of just a big illusion. I'd suggest replaying it in a year or two when the memories of the story aren't quite as clear.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Oh wow @handgimp, that's fantastic. I wish I could take credit for that but it looks like someone else wanted to surprise you... and somehow inexplicably knew you liked alcohol.

• Options
    That flask, Game of Thrones premiere, a new Mad Men episode, Orcs Must Die 2 announced. Pretty swell last 24 hours.

• Options
    Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular
    HARD CHOICES:

beat dragon age 1 and then replay as a dual wielding warrior dwarf warden, 2h ogrhen, morrigan, and that assassin rogue and make all the "LEMME JUST KILL YA" choices...

or move on to witcher 1 so i can get through its terrible combat to get to witcher 2?!

Witcher 1 all the way. Because it's great, but its sequel is the best.

• Options
    HyperionHyperion Registered User regular
    God bless this thread.

XBL: Jhnny Cash PSN: Jhnny_Cash Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hypephb 3DS: 0619-4582-9630 Nintendo Network ID: DBrickashaw
    You might know me as D'Brickashaw on Steam.
  • Options
    Turba so far has promise. The main gameplay is similar to...Columns, I believe. You individually select squares of the same color (3+ form a combo). You right click to clear. If you select something that doesn't fit into the combo (three yellows and a red, for example), the non-combo will turn into a black block. You can select multiple colors at once and form multiple combos. Clearing blocks in time with the song's beat adds to a multiplier.

The toughness comes from two types of blocks: Beat Blocks are a normal colored block with a speaker/number on it. The number counts down with the beat and turns the 8 tiles surrounding it, and itself, into blackblocks which cannot be cleared. The other block is the Silver block which gives the connected combo 2x, but because of how it connects it can lead to mistaken combo attempts that result in black blocks.

If I open my library to play an audio puzzler, I will go for this over Audiosurf.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Superbrothers Sword and Sorecery EP officially confirmed for PC release. Hitting April 16:

http://kotaku.com/5898544/sword--sworcery-is-officially-coming-to-the-pc

• Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    bloodatonement, you enabler! Haha

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

Handgimp on
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Avatar of the flask, so awesome.

Picture of the flask needs to be put in the OP.

Lepwave on
    XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Amazing.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    ...That gift landslide. It's beautiful.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    kaliakalia Registered User regular
    Yeah. I wasn't fast enough to sort out my steamgifts login & get into that Street Fighter giveaway. So @Handgimp just gave it me. I'm a little bit speechless.

I'm gonna feel guilty about it anyway, though. :P

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Damn, Handgimp got ye flask.

I can't wait for the next big sale, I have some gifting to do.
    Also, Gotham City Imposters is really good. It's a fun little game with great balance, progression and a unique aesthetic. I'm glad I picked it up, fills my MP Shooter that I can pick and play anytime hole nicely.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    You guys are just...well, a bunch of crazy, wonderfully classy people.
    Not to get all sappy on you, but after a crappy morning, it's been nice to come in here and see some good stuff going on.

Of course, I'm now cncerned that @bloodatonement 's flask has levelled up @handgimp , and he'll go on to take over the world using classiness as a domination strategy.

Not very concerned, but still. Nice one guys, re-affirmed my faith in humanuity today!

This discussion has been closed.