Options

Beauty is the promise of happiness [makeup, skincare, fashion] ONLY COOL BOYS ALLOWED

World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious peopleRegistered User regular
edited March 2012 in Social Entropy++
here, another beauty thread, ladies

I missed it while it was gone

I'll make this OP better tonight after my haircut (relevant)

kQwcZLJ.png
World as Myth on

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    but

truth is beauty????

• Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    haircut isn't relevant because it's not in the thread title

unless haircuts are fashion???

i have to go think about things

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    haircuts are life

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    i'm getting a life tomorrow

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    that's a lotta haircuts

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    i've got a lot of hairs

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    WaM now holds the torch!

When I get home I hope I get to go to the cheapo malls further inland. Cheap makeup. Hounding for:

Waterliner-savvy eyeliner
    replace mascara (old by now)
    smudgy black pencil eyeliner
    replace broken eyeshadow

maybe try to find eyeshadows for smokey eye looks? I haven't been able to succeed so far :?

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    I really can't wait for Winter so I can wear my tweed jacket again.

Also I'm feeling that old compulsion to buy a boat-load of ties, help.

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    I am happy this thread is back! it's basically the only place I post nowadays!

finally going to nordstrom's to use my gift card this week. I think I will go with laura mercier tinted moisturizer because I'd probably get the most use out of it, but I'm a wee bit nervous about what shade to go with because summer is around the corner and I tan very easily.

• Options
    buuuut then again maybe I'll get mac rebel

so indecisive

• Options
    EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    I felt so alone while this thread was gone.

Also excuse me WaM some of us non-ladies like this thread too.

fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Totally gonna order that bag Kate got but in different colors. I'm thinking black with a grey or charcoal bow.

In other news @Muse Among Men I got my wet n wild lippies from eBay! Photos to come when I have more time.

My graduation ceremony is tonight but I can't make it home between work and it starting so I am going with a subtle makeup look that should last the day and look all right with a touch up by tonight.

Touch of bronzer with a highlighter in the bag for tonight. Brown eyeliner smudged with dark brown eyeshadow with a bit of Urban Decay Sin on my lid just for a tiny pop. Then mascara.

No lipstick right now but I brought the wet n wild In The Flesh one with me for tonight just to see how it goes!

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Erics wrote: »
    I felt so alone while this thread was gone.

Also excuse me WaM some of us non-ladies like this thread too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjC1r72hYgQ

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    @bowtiedseal go up to the LM counter and ask them to shade match you! Let them know you tan a bit and they should be able to get you sorted.

Tinted moisturizer gives heaps of leeway for shade matching so I think you'll be fine. :)

• Options
    edited March 2012
    @vivixenne congrats on your graduation!!

and thanks for the advice on LM :)

bowtiedseal on
  • Options
    Thanks! I have a bag with my dress and shoes and emergency makeup supplies with me. My parents are here intending to take photos so yeah... Game ON.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Grats Viv!

Spring has finally arrived here in Illinois, it was so nice today, 70! So now I can start rocking the button ups with rolled up sleeves and light cardigans/sweaters again. I am excite. I may even do a bit of fashion shopping! Who wants to go shopping with me?

Erics on
    fabulousFantastic.png
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    My face smells like limes.

Everyone's face should smell like limes.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I was rhinkin' bout a spring fashion thread; suppose that's too similar to this thread? Or can these things coexist?

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    with spring coming up i think i'm at a point in my life where i should get some sunglasses

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    having been a glasses-wearer for most of my life and now having escaped their tyranny through contacts (glasses are great on other people but I don't like how they look on me) I frequently forget to wear sunglasses.

here are my ridiculous 90s throwback sunglasses that are probably a bit silly on me but I like them anyway
    lighting makes me look pale as a ghost. and I didn't look in a mirror while applying lipstick so it's wonky.
    Picture17-4.png

I was rhinkin' bout a spring fashion thread; suppose that's too similar to this thread? Or can these things coexist?

maybe WAM can add more fashion-y things to the OP when she edits it later?

• Options
    I honestly don't see why we can't just use this thread for spring fashion talk, we've kind of been doing fashion talk in the last one already!

fabulousFantastic.png
  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    i picked up some matte top coat yesterdy, but boyfriend says i should wait to change my nail color; it's not quite the light grey i'm picturing, but i am still admiring the Sally Hansen Wet Cement i've got. definitely needs some base or top coat, though -- tipwear and peeling already.

any preferences on those?

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    @World As Myth are you still going to Red Chair? They've had a lot of stylist turnover recently but I'm super happy with the cut I got last week

• Options
    it says fashion in the title already, way ahead of you guys

usagi yes I am on my way there right now! who cut you?

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    having been a glasses-wearer for most of my life and now having escaped their tyranny through contacts (glasses are great on other people but I don't like how they look on me) I frequently forget to wear sunglasses.

my problem is that i'm often too lazy to put in my contacts and i'm certainly not getting those flip-down shade lenses

i've been looking at these in the layered bamboo/fire mirrored variety
    i think your shades look good

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    i got a haircut yesterday

does that... does that make me a cool boy?

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    it says fashion in the title already, way ahead of you guys

usagi yes I am on my way there right now! who cut you?

Monica, she was excellent and has awesome tattoos

I love that place

• Options
    Ubik wrote: »

my problem is that i'm often too lazy to put in my contacts and i'm certainly not getting those flip-down shade lenses

i've been looking at these in the layered bamboo/fire mirrored variety
    i think your shades look good

thanks! I like those frames. neat combination!

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Bits those have a cool Hepburn/60's vibe to them.

• Options
    MateyMatey see, look how sad i am now give me your wallet.Registered User regular
    My god are we talking about sunshade fashion?

I love sunglasses

• Options
    Blake T wrote: »
    Bits those have a cool Hepburn/60's vibe to them.

oh neat! I feel less dorky about them now!

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Sunglasses chat 2012

I'll try and remember to get a shot of my sunglasses tomorrow.

Also bits you shouldn't feel lame in those, they're rad. Big sunglasses 4 lyfe.

Erics on
    fabulousFantastic.png
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Hm. Shoes for giant feet. Suggestions?

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular

Teach me

• Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    Anyone here have any favorite youtube makeup gurus? I am always interested in finding new ones, the ones I like I can only relate to so far because I'm darker skinned than they. This makes a difference with eyeshadow and lipstick swatches.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Anyone here have any favorite youtube makeup gurus? I am always interested in finding new ones, the ones I like I can only relate to so far because I'm darker skinned than they. This makes a difference with eyeshadow and lipstick swatches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1NtwjV9EPI&feature=related

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options

Teach me

I have this. http://pureman.com.au/taylor/products/lemon_lime_shaving_cream_bowl/

It smells amazing.

I also have

http://pureman.com.au/taylor/products/sandalwood_shaving_cream_bowl

http://pureman.com.au/taylor/products/almond_shaving_cream_bowl

http://pureman.com.au/taylor/products/rose_shaving_cream_bowl

I like the sandlewood one (I think Vivienne likes it more than me) and while I like the smell of the rose one, it has a very thin consistency in the tub which I am not a fan of. And the almond is probably my least favourite smell. But it's fun to use to mix it up.

• Options
    90's sunglasses to me are these.

il_fullxfull.283295508.jpg

Or those funny wraparound ones.

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    I wore a skirt today and my legs are so freaking pale, y'all. The reflection of the sunlight on them is a hazard to passing motorists.

Part of me wants to fake bake, and the rest of me knows I'll only keep it up for a couple of weeks 'cause it's a pain in the ass, and then I'll have to deal with it wearing off in patches. :?

ruby-red-sig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.