As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Avengers Assemble! Avengers 2 should be Avengers vs. Godzilla.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    if anything iron man proved that the way to sell superhero movies that aren't, you know, batman, is to remember that they're fucking superhero movies and shouldn't take themselves so god damned seriously

• Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    Shit, didn't Thor make $450 million? And it was great! Just make a fucking Superman movie with the same tone as Thor!

I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    look, the idea that a character is too goofy to star in a blockbuster is patently false in a world where transformers is a blockbuster franchise

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    if anything iron man proved that the way to sell superhero movies that aren't, you know, batman, is to remember that they're fucking superhero movies and shouldn't take themselves so god damned seriously

Yeah.

Just to be clear. I was being sarcastic there. I don't think IM should have been Dark. That would be terrible.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Captain America had a singing montage!

I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    WB aren't exactly good at learning from Marvel's films. Their "Iron Man" attempt with Green Lantern was a disaster. They've been lucky they have Nolan around otherwise their entire DC film roster would still be a trainwreck.

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular

Yeah.

Just to be clear. I was being sarcastic there. I don't think IM should have been Dark. That would be terrible.

And suddenly, Demon in a Bottle.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    shit, warner bros. aren't even learning from fox

they already rebooted x-men, essentially, and did a damned good job of making that work, in spite of everything

amazing spider-man looks promising

hell, they're even making an effort with the new wolverine movie

I know the reasoning behind those movies is "well we need to put these out so we can keep the license," but they at least don't seem to be half-assing them

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    They are making a sequel to twins with Eddie Murphy.
    One of these things is not like the other. Actually, none of these things are like any of the other…and that’s what made the premise of Ivan Reitman’s 1988 film Twins work. But how do you further capitalize on the hilarious assumption that Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito are twin brothers? Add in Eddie Murphy as a long-lost sibling and call it Triplets. Currently, there is no director attached, but Reitman will produce the project via his Montecito Picture Co. The sequel is in the process of recruiting writers as no substantial creative talks have occurred yet
    WHAT THE FUCK

You know what? I'll allow it.

It's at least an unsual idea for a sequel, and the mix of Devito, Arnold and Murphy could be funny.

I mean, if Hollywood is going to be uncreative, I'd rather they make a shitty sequel to Twins than reboot fucking Short Circuit.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Can't turn my eyes away from that super crotch. They should have just gone ahead and stuck the S between his legs.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    Can't turn my eyes away from that super crotch. They should have just gone ahead and stuck the S between his legs.

it's one of the effects of the earth's yellow sun

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Amy Adams being Lois is fantastic casting. She's always a highlight in the films she's in.

• Options
    The casting was excellent throughout.

It's pretty amazing how quickly the internet narrative turned when we started getting pictures.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    well at least she's old enough to play a believable pulitzer winner

kate bosworth or whoever was like, 20, with a pulitzer, and like, a seven year old

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    They are making a sequel to twins with Eddie Murphy.
    One of these things is not like the other. Actually, none of these things are like any of the other…and that’s what made the premise of Ivan Reitman’s 1988 film Twins work. But how do you further capitalize on the hilarious assumption that Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito are twin brothers? Add in Eddie Murphy as a long-lost sibling and call it Triplets. Currently, there is no director attached, but Reitman will produce the project via his Montecito Picture Co. The sequel is in the process of recruiting writers as no substantial creative talks have occurred yet
    WHAT THE FUCK

You know what? I'll allow it.

It's at least an unsual idea for a sequel, and the mix of Devito, Arnold and Murphy could be funny.

I mean, if Hollywood is going to be uncreative, I'd rather they make a shitty sequel to Twins than reboot fucking Short Circuit.

Eddie Murphy just needs a good R-rated script to make up for all the shit movies he's done.

OK not all of them but it's a start.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    She was 23, but your point stands

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Look, we already got a bright and happy Batman in the form of Adam West.

Let's give dark and edgy Superman a shot!
    BREAK YOU

Let me share my ideas on Transformers...

transformers are allowed to be dark and edgy

they're also allowed to be extremely light harded
    they belong in a spectrum

No, my reboot is about humans that can morph into cars.

we are not bringing back turbo teen

Pitching to a studio exec. Gonna make it a movie.

I have a better idea, have them revive Vanpires. Cast several beautiful boys and one plain girl.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    You don't have to make Superman's costume all super textured and stylized and whatever they're trying to do there. For Batman, yeah, taking a lot more liberties from what he looks like in the comic makes sense if you're trying to make it live action. A mortal human would need something that actually looks like it's probably quite armored and protective. But Supes? What the hell. Dude is in-fucking-vulnerable. Yeah, they should maybe make it a bit nicer than Reeve's or Cain's outfit, but they don't have to put that much effort into it. This new suit is just overkill.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    My favorite superman costume is the one from the cover of the new Action Comics #1. Well, that or just something iconic and simple.

Also where is his underpants on that suit?

He's supposed to wear those on the outside!

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Jim Lee and Dan DiDio think underpants are dumb.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I too think underpants on the outside are dumb

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I'm going to wear some extra underpants outside of my pants to protest this movie.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    I'm going to wear some extra underpants outside of my pants to protest this movie.

Now I am imagining your avie saying that. It is not a good image.

• Options
    Well that wouldn't be too far off from the real me actually.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    You don't have to make Superman's costume all super textured and stylized and whatever they're trying to do there. For Batman, yeah, taking a lot more liberties from what he looks like in the comic makes sense if you're trying to make it live action. A mortal human would need something that actually looks like it's probably quite armored and protective. But Supes? What the hell. Dude is in-fucking-vulnerable. Yeah, they should maybe make it a bit nicer than Reeve's or Cain's outfit, but they don't have to put that much effort into it. This new suit is just overkill.

One of my favourite scenes in Lois and Clark is when Clark is on he phone to his mother doing his laundry and she asks.

Well what type of stain is it?

I don't know, a bomb stain?

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Wearing underpants on the outside would make a funny opening midnight option for regular clothes.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Oh yeah cinema near us is doing preview screenings.

I should decide if I want to go or not.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    I am down if you are

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    oh god Rufallo totally hulked out on Colbert the other night

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

ugh

ugh

• Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    No fucking way will Man of Steel be worse than that self-indulgent piece of shit Returns abomination.

Returns wasn't directed by Snyder

Snyder at least can direct an exciting action sequence.

whoah whoah no he fucking can't

• Options
    While he is capable in staging and such he has issues regarding giving actions scenes stakes.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Amy adams is actually pretty annoying, usually. The only movie I have seen where she wasn't insufferable was the mupperts.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    Amy adams is actually pretty annoying, usually. The only movie I have seen where she wasn't insufferable was the mupperts.

She was pretty awesome in The Fighter. That's the only thing I really remember her from.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Solar wrote: »

ugh

ugh

another argument you are always wrong about

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »

ugh

ugh

another argument you are always wrong about

hahahahahaha noooooope

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    There are times when underpants on the outside are inappropriate.

Mostly funerals and weddings.

Probably job interviews.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    re: no outside underpants Superman

Ok fine whatever, but he should still have some red in the waistal region

This discussion has been closed.