As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Official Video Game Kickstarter Thread

1212223242527»

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Yeah, this definitely feels like one of those things where I'm like...was somebody complaining? Was there an actual problem?

But whatever, I'm sure I've just missed all the annoying spam or something.
    No, there really wasn't much of anything by way of spam from devs looking for backers for their Kickstarter, this thread has been pretty tame.
    Yes, there has been. It just doesn't stick around long enough for you to see it.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Mr. StrangeMr. Strange Registered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind something that would give me a heads-up on worthy board games as well.

I've looked around for such a thing extensively, and the various Kickstarter-themed threads at BoardGameGeek are probably the best resource.

This is a bit backwards-around, but the Springboard Seal of Quality is a pretty good thing to see on a board game. They curate games for release on Kickstarter, and everything they put out works as advertised. They aren't helping with EVERY worthy game, obviously, so don't get too hung up on it. But if something DOES have that seal - it's probably worth watching.

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Shadowrun Online Kickstarter (Link.)
    Shadowrun Online is the second Kickstarter video game project set in the unique world of Shadowrun. The first project, Shadowrun Returns, focused primarily on providing a great single player adventure experience, while Shadowrun Online - like the pen & paper version - is all about experiencing the awesome world and gritty atmosphere of Shadowrun together with friends. Fluid co-op gameplay and intense player vs player faction wars set in a persistent and evolving world - this is what Shadowrun Online is about!

And the best part is: In Shadowrun Online the collective actions of players will not only determine the fate of the online game world, but our unique player-driven plotline will enable you to determine the future of the whole Shadowrun Universe! Events players trigger will also cross over into the pen and paper storyline - so you can shape the future of the Shadowrun Universe!

At its core SRO is a full Unity3D online game, accessible through Browsers and Tablets (Windows, Mac, Android, iOS- and Linux if Unity enables us to do it in the future) with high quality graphics and great effects. Highly individualizable characters and a turn based system, which balances fast-paced action with deep tactical combat, make it a true Shadowrun experience.

They got people that worked on Risen. Is that good thing or a bad thing? I hated and loved that game.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    ZauronZauron Registered User regular
    Okay probably a stupid question, but I can't figure out exactly HOW to contact a mod to ask permission to post about my latest project, now on Kickstarter. Do I just browse around and find a recent post by someone that happens to be a mod and send them a PM? Or is there a more official way to send a message to "the mods" in general? Is there any kind of list somewhere of active current mods?

A long time ago, I started threads here that didn't get killed immediately, so it must have been before that rule was strictly enforced. One for Minebot Arena, later one for The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night GBA version, and later still one for Spider-Man: Web of Shadows on the DS. In each case I got a ton of feedback and most everyone was super friendly and said they would be interested in seeing what I do next. Well, I'd like to post what I'm doing now especially since it is back to independent like I started with Minebot, but I don't want to get banned or whatnot. Also not clear if its okay to post a link to my kickstarter as a reply to a thread like this or if the rule applies to both starting new threads and posting replies in existing ones.

- Zauron
    Author of Minebot Arena and some other stuff
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Zauron wrote: »
    Okay probably a stupid question, but I can't figure out exactly HOW to contact a mod to ask permission to post about my latest project, now on Kickstarter. Do I just browse around and find a recent post by someone that happens to be a mod and send them a PM? Or is there a more official way to send a message to "the mods" in general? Is there any kind of list somewhere of active current mods?

A long time ago, I started threads here that didn't get killed immediately, so it must have been before that rule was strictly enforced. One for Minebot Arena, later one for The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night GBA version, and later still one for Spider-Man: Web of Shadows on the DS. In each case I got a ton of feedback and most everyone was super friendly and said they would be interested in seeing what I do next. Well, I'd like to post what I'm doing now especially since it is back to independent like I started with Minebot, but I don't want to get banned or whatnot. Also not clear if its okay to post a link to my kickstarter as a reply to a thread like this or if the rule applies to both starting new threads and posting replies in existing ones.

How about the mod that owns the sticky at the top of the page that tells you to ask for permission?

(Yes, via PM)

Donnicton on
  • Options
    ZauronZauron Registered User regular

How about the mod that owns the sticky at the top of the page that tells you to ask for permission?

(Yes, via PM)

Yeah, he just seemed so grumpy, I figured he must get asked that a lot and might be sick of being the one people ask all the time, I just didn't want to burden him further if there was a like a general requests queue or some way to just check if any moderators are "online at the moment" and just ask whoever is active as can be done on some other boards. Thanks though!

- Zauron
    Author of Minebot Arena and some other stuff
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    They're killing posting Kickstarter period any day now, so...

• Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular

(Yes, via PM)

Yeah, he just seemed so grumpy

Hahahahahaha

*cough* You're not wrong. But grumpy as he may be, it's his job, he's a good guy.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    EDIT: Vanilla is also grumpy, it would seem.

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I realize that this kickstarter started today and already met it's goal within a few hours but I'd still like to mention the Oculus Rift kickstarter. I've been excited about this ever since seeing John Carmack talk about it and I'm even more excited that they've met their goal and will be able to continue developing this thing.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    I realize that this kickstarter started today and already met it's goal within a few hours but I'd still like to mention the Oculus Rift kickstarter. I've been excited about this ever since seeing John Carmack talk about it and I'm even more excited that they've met their goal and will be able to continue developing this thing.

Holy shit, they're at almost a million dollars now (their goal was $250,000) and this is only the second day.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Solforge, a digital Trading Card Game with Richard Garfield on. Link.
    The creators of Ascension and Magic: The Gathering have joined forces to create a revolutionary digital trading card game.

SolForge combines all of the strategy and depth of a traditional trading card game experience with the convenience of online and mobile gaming, trailblazing a new category of games, the Digital Collectible Game (DCG). Players will be able to experience Solforge absolutely free and can grow their collection just by playing the game.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
This discussion has been closed.