As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PHA/LLA WARS] Cyberspace WEBGAME :: Iteration 1, GAME OVER

• Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    jackisreal why did the static stop on me?

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    CK are still (barely) in last place and are 70 points behind PP. I think a three team assault on them is a great way for PP to secure their lead.

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    Langly wrote: »
    Egos wrote: »
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Its tough to kill a dude and you dont even get any money or anything special for it.

satisfaction?

also kicking them off the grid for a whole day, which is the entire way you earn points/control systems.

I just had a walkabout through Red and Green and Orange Sectors and I never got close to being desynced, despite Static and/or Pulse being used on me constantly.

Either there need to be more files to spoof, so that people continuously have low sync values that can be meaningfully threatened by Static, or Static needs to be buffed in some fashion. Pulse is probably fine as is, but suffers the same problem, where groups of player using it simultaneously are required to bring down a person in an amount of time that matters.

You can kill someone within one hour of downtime, but that will not do you much good.

So static only affects the target if they stay in the same node, right? There's a few ideas Infidel and co could look into for future iterations (if there are any)

1) Make it so the sync damage increases over time. Maybe it increases by 1% sync damage every hour. So the first hour it hits 3 times for 3%, then 3 times for 6%, then 3 times for 9%, then 3 times for 12%. That's 30% sync damage over 4 hours instead of 12%. Moving or firewall can stop this.
    2) Increase rate of sync damage. Instead of every 20 minutes, why not every 10?
    3) If this becomes a more viable attack option, consider either increases task -> 1 or memory ->2.

I think you're right though, having more offensive options would be pretty nice and add another layer of strategy to the game. I mean, if you had a 3 person team hit a node with lock while everyone or just the other two start hitting targets with pulse or static, you could probably give them a run for their money if they don't have firewall protection.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Taya wrote: »
    CK are still (barely) in last place and are 70 points behind PP. I think a three team assault on them is a great way for PP to secure their lead.

A good way to secure our 4-point lead that will evaporate because MM controls a larger 4-node Sector?

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    Yea on a serious note why are there calls for everyone to gang up on the team that is still in last place

People be looking for a scapegoat I think

• Options
    Because, in two days, that team will not only no longer be in last place, but will actually be a strong first place and the game will come to an end shortly afterwards.

Ounce of prevention, pound of cure.

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Or because you're in the lead and want to stay that way?

I guess the two aren't mutually exclusive.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote: »

shouldn't that sort of thing go without saying?
    this is a tactical game.

• Options

Obviously, our clearly massive lead will cease to exist when the Cholerics have more points than us.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydQBSB6sDjc&feature=related

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Phlegm Dominion, good evening. Tonight, our Special Report takes us to neutral territory in the North. Here, we see Phlegm Tactical Force Sputum Team 6 preparing to take the fight to our enemies. Morale is high and an optimism pervades the men and women of the infiltration squad.

Almost a requirement, really, because, if they fail, we all fail.

I have been embedded in the squad to provide those of you at home an eye-witness view of their acts of bravery and heroism and...hold on a moment, I have just received word that we will be shipping out to the Choleric Border shortly. I will report more once we are situated.

Clear your throats, and good night.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Ardor wrote: »
    Its tough to kill a dude and you dont even get any money or anything special for it.

satisfaction?

also kicking them off the grid for a whole day, which is the entire way you earn points/control systems.

I just had a walkabout through Red and Green and Orange Sectors and I never got close to being desynced, despite Static and/or Pulse being used on me constantly.

Either there need to be more files to spoof, so that people continuously have low sync values that can be meaningfully threatened by Static, or Static needs to be buffed in some fashion. Pulse is probably fine as is, but suffers the same problem, where groups of player using it simultaneously are required to bring down a person in an amount of time that matters.

You can kill someone within one hour of downtime, but that will not do you much good.

So static only affects the target if they stay in the same node, right? There's a few ideas Infidel and co could look into for future iterations (if there are any)

It follows you.

I just don't think damage from attack abilities scales well, especially given how easy they are to counter. It takes three players eight hours to take down a 72% player with Static, and all it takes to shut that all down is a single Firewall.

• Options
    admanb wrote: »

satisfaction?

It follows you.

I just don't think damage from attack abilities scales well, especially given how easy they are to counter. It takes three players eight hours to take down a 72% player with Static, and all it takes to shut that all down is a single Firewall.

Now I'm assuming Pulse only gets stopped by firewall v2, right?

Plus, those 3-4 people you use on your team to boot one person off really hinders your ability to get points. There really is no benefit to doing so for your team.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Pretty sure Firewall cancels Pulse too.

• Options
    So what's considered advanced IC? I'm guessing not trojans?

• Options
    There are upgraded forms of Static and Pulse, I believe.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    admanb wrote: »

satisfaction?

It follows you.

Now I'm assuming Pulse only gets stopped by firewall v2, right?

Plus, those 3-4 people you use on your team to boot one person off really hinders your ability to get points. There really is no benefit to doing so for your team.

It may be worth it if that one person is the only thing keeping you from a supermajority to get a bunch of points per hour, but you lost 1/3 of those points trying to kill him for 8 hours

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    You guys realize that while using pulse/static, you're still in a sector, right?

Actually I don't have those abilities so maybe there's some fine print I'm missing.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Fair point. I also haven't seen many shops and I haven't seen the upgrades to pulse or static, good insight though!

I'm almost thinking either ramping up the current macros or simply adding new macros which simply hit your target after X hours for a set amount of sync or something would be neat. I also think it'd be neat to add some bounty for players knocked out through macro usage.

Ardor on
  • Options
    You guys realize that while using pulse/static, you're still in a sector, right?

Actually I don't have those abilities so maybe there's some fine print I'm missing.

No, you're right and I am confused as well.

I think they're talking about if you're attacking a sector and are trying to dislodge a faction there.

• Options

No, you're right and I am confused as well.

I think they're talking about if you're attacking a sector and are trying to dislodge a faction there.

I was thinking more along the lines of the thread-stated vigilante presence earlier on. Sending hit squads to other places and such. I can see the use of kicking people from a sector you are defending, but that's about it!

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    There should be a "charge" macro, where it takes maybe 6 or 7 hours to fully charge up, but if it goes off, it can de-rez someone for the day, or do like lots of damage. 50 or 75 or something. and if the person moves before it is fully charged, maybe they take partial damage? but it would have to maybe use a lot of memory or tasks or something.

I'm bad at balancing things

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    There should be a "charge" macro, where it takes maybe 6 or 7 hours to fully charge up, but if it goes off, it can de-rez someone for the day, or do like lots of damage. 50 or 75 or something. and if the person moves before it is fully charged, maybe they take partial damage? but it would have to maybe use a lot of memory or tasks or something.

KA ME HA ME HA ~~

• Options
    Lucedes wrote: »

KA ME HA ME HA ~~

We can call it dragonball! And if 7 people on your team simulcast it in the same area, you get a wish! And a pony kills your enemies!

• Options
    jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    warban wrote: »
    jackisreal why did the static stop on me?

...what?

jackisreal on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »

KA ME HA ME HA ~~
    Or, you know, jacktrace

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular

So everytime you can move you can kill someone? That might change the game pretty drastically I think.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited May 2012
    38thDoe wrote: »

So everytime you can move you can kill someone? That might change the game pretty drastically I think.

It is not a well thought-out macro, no.

Baidol on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    If the task requirements are high enough, you'd only be able to do it once per day, and then only if you aren't doing anything else (and possibly only after already boosting your stats).
    For balance, it could also have blowback that costs you some of your own sync, leaving you more vulnerable to attacks.

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    I will say that, like most things so far this game, since a lot is not public there are a lot of people doing fine with X and then a portion of people that have little exposure to X.

Also emphasizing that this iteration as a team game, and that it is not over yet~

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited May 2012

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Phlegm Dominion, good evening. This is Special Reporter Baidol of the Never Been Caught News Network, coming to you from the Choleric Border.

Sputum Team 6 is currently preparing for their first incursion into Choleric territory. Heavy casualties are anticipated, but we have always been at war with Choleria and we will fight to the end. The unforgivable seizure of our homeland will be paid in return with blood.

Clear your throats, and good night.

Baidol on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Ahhhhh double post.

Baidol on
  • Options
    Darian wrote: »
    If the task requirements are high enough, you'd only be able to do it once per day, and then only if you aren't doing anything else (and possibly only after already boosting your stats).
    For balance, it could also have blowback that costs you some of your own sync, leaving you more vulnerable to attacks.

You know what might work, almost irregardless of tasks/memory? If a macro existed where you and your target take X sync damage where X is less than your current sync. This is decided by the user of said macro. I mean, the more risk you take, the easier a static or pulse takes you out. Plus, by sacrificing your sync, you can't really spoof records or use other macros which require sync to use.

So if I have 70% sync, I can target Darian and choose a number between 1-69, dealing that much sync damage to both of us and hopefully, it'll drop him off the map for a day.

• Options
    Darian wrote: »

You know what might work, almost irregardless of tasks/memory? If a macro existed where you and your target take X sync damage where X is less than your current sync. This is decided by the user of said macro. I mean, the more risk you take, the easier a static or pulse takes you out. Plus, by sacrificing your sync, you can't really spoof records or use other macros which require sync to use.

So if I have 70% sync, I can target Darian and choose a number between 1-69, dealing that much sync damage to both of us and hopefully, it'll drop him off the map for a day.

Someone could snipe the balls out of the re-spawn areas.

I LIKE IT

• Options
    edited May 2012

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Phlegm Dominion, good evening. This is Special Reporter Baidol of the Never Been Caught News Network, coming to you from the heart of Choleria.

whois (6)

Baidol
    Figgy
    INANTP
    Matev
    Retaba
    Zandracon

The Special Forces Teams have begun engaging enemies within the node. Tonight, the Revolution begins!

Baidol on
  • Options
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    To be fair, respawned people are about the only people you can desync (again)

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Phlegm Dominion, good evening. This is Special Reporter Baidol of the Never Been Caught News Network, coming to you from the heart of Choleria.

19:20
    Static desyncs you 1%
    19:00
    Static desyncs you 1%
    18:50
    Pulse desyncs you 8%
    18:40
    Static desyncs you 1%
    18:20
    Static desyncs you 1%

ST6 has begun taking fire, but is giving back as good as they get. We will keep you apprised of the situation as it develops.

In the meantime, far from the Green Sector, deep cover agents have discovered a new, insidious threat to the Phlegm Dominion.

whois (10) for Pink Sector

38thDoe
    admanb «
    AkimboLegs
    Alegis
    Ardor
    Bedlam
    Langly
    Rawkking Goodguy
    REG Rysk
    Taya

What are the Sanguines planning? More, tonight at 00:00.

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Wow how many hours ago was your undercover agent in pink? :lol:

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Yeah, I could have told you what they were doing awhile ago.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Then you should start a competing news service.

You guys want a narrative, this is what you get.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Damn those third placers. They are such a threat to those fourth placers!