As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Blue Screen of [chat]

syndalissyndalis Getting ClassyOn the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
edited April 2012 in Debate and/or Discourse
Windows
blue-screen.jpg

Mac
sad-mac.jpg

Linux
kernel-panic.png

With all possible failures documented, lets make this [chat] a successful one, alright? I'd rather not work.

SW-4158-3990-6116
Let's play Mario Kart or something...
syndalis on

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    the day i installed lion i ended up with one of these:

panic_dialog.png

first time osx had ever crashed for me since switching from windows in like, 07

windows 7 has also crashed for me exactly once

old windows versions are of course satan

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Ugh.... 7 deep line for an ATM.., cash is dumb

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    My proposed response:
    The bolded text is a false dichotomy. It's perfectly possible to acquire money legally without "earning" it in the sense of working for it.

I've heard the rhetoric about how working hard and pulling yourself up by your bootstraps will get you the money, but I remain unconvinced about how true that is. No matter how hard you work, how do you go to university if you can't pay the tuition fees or persuade anyone to cover them for you? One of the best enhancers of social mobility, access to good education, appears to be a dwindling resource these days.

It may be true that tax adjustment isn't the only - or the best - way to handle income inequality, because I think it's more that the inequality is a symptom of people finding it harder and harder to climb the social ladder due to not having access to the resources that would allow them to.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    Cheese in cans. No. I refuse to acknowledge this blasphemy. You won't trick me, Than.
    I mean, it's not actual cheese; it's a pasteurized cheese food product. Something entirely different.

It's pretty gross, honestly.

• Options
    Opinions on LED lightbulbs? NewEgg is having a sale. I've already got CFLs in most of my apartment; are LED bulbs a significant improvement?

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Windows 7 is the first operating system I have ever "enjoyed." It just works so well.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Gah I promised the lady I would play a game of basketballing against her today.

she is so much taller and athletic. i do not know where i am going to store the shame.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    It just works

HEY

THAT IS OUR LINE

• Options
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    Cheese in cans. No. I refuse to acknowledge this blasphemy. You won't trick me, Than.
    I mean, it's not actual cheese; it's a pasteurized cheese food product. Something entirely different.

I used to love Velveeta as a child. But that's because I was both a kid and poor.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Opinions on LED lightbulbs? NewEgg is having a sale. I've already got CFLs in most of my apartment; are LED bulbs a significant improvement?

I really like them. They tend to be much less yellow than other bulbs though.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:

cheese.jpg

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:

Back when Kraft first invented the shit, actual cheesemakers and mongers petitioned the government to make Kraft label it "Embalmed Cheese", sadly it was never enacted, and Cheez Whiz and other abominations against dairy are the result.

Like I said in the other chat, give me real Mexican any day of the week.

A nice cuitlacoche quesadilla or squash blossom w/ asadero and some camorones al ajillo and I'm a happy boy.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options

I would be interested in this too.

• Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:

I used to love Velveeta as a child. But that's because I was both a kid and poor.
    Right. Same here, when it comes to American cheese.

Now that I'm part of the 1% though, anything below cheddar is unpalatable.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Well that was retarded.... Waited on long bank queue. Got monies. Opened wallet. Had monies

• Options
    Gah I promised the lady I would play a game of basketballing against her today.

she is so much taller and athletic. i do not know where i am going to store the shame.

yeah but you're black

don't let me down, ed

don't let the brothers down

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    My first experience with Windows 7 was having to fuck around with taking Ownership of various files and folders for about 2 days to get it to allow me to use most of my file storage disk's contents. Needless to say, I was not particularly impressed.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    #firstworldproblems?

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    should I go see wrath of the titans in 3 d or american pie reunion

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular

Well they don't have mercury in them and they are more energy efficient, so that's pretty good.

• Options
    MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012

I would be interested in this too.

Anecdotatly, I cannot use these for any light that is on a lot. I don't know if its the coloring or what but they give me headaches and look off. For flashlights and stuff LED is fine.

You can buy a single one at target to try it out.

Madpanda on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

I like them, there can be some adjustments necessary to the softness of the light, but other than that, they're slightly more effecient than most CFL blubs, and run at an even lower temperature, so they're great for things like desk lamps and the like where the bulb can be relatively close to you.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

Apparently you should see Cabin in the Woods if you haven't yet.

Everyone says it's pretty ace.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:

Ditto. While a part of me misses a slice of american cheese product as the fundamental part of a grilled cheese sandwich, I have moved on to better cheeses for a grilled cheese like colby, jack, or havarti.

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

Apparently you should see Cabin in the Woods if you haven't yet.

Everyone says it's pretty ace.

what's that 1 about

• Options

American Reunion.

Wrath is a crime against mythology and even at less than an hour and 40 minutes, still manages to drag anytime shit isn't going down on screen. Also Cronus is a giant fucking lava monster.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    not all american cheese is fake cheese.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    OP needs

guru-meditation_error.gif

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Kernel Panic would b a good RPG character name

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Madpanda wrote: »
    Anecdotatly, I cannot use these for any light that is on a lot. I don't know if its the coloring or what but they give me headaches and look off. For flashlights and stuff LED is fine.
    The LED bulbs that some car companies have been sticking in headlights tend to blind me when I see them in oncoming vehicles a lot too; in general, I can't say I'm a particular fan of this bit of tech.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    Funny story, my Grandmother, who is 88 and tough as hell, still has eggs, sausage, and bread and butter every morning. When I was there for breakfast a few months ago it actually took me a little aback.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    I'm in pretty good shape. Quick, decently coordinated, etc.

I am staggeringly bad at basketball.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Well that was retarded.... Waited on long bank queue. Got monies. Opened wallet. Had monies

Thanks, Obama.

• Options
    Funny story, my Grandmother, who is 88 and tough as hell, still has eggs, sausage, and bread and butter every morning. When I was there for breakfast a few months ago it actually took me a little aback.

That is actually a healthy breakfast, believe it or not.

It's a billion times better for you than a bowl of sugar smacks... especially if he doesn't overdo the cholesterol later in the day.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    I'm having a LAN party this weekend. I kind of want to cook for it. Either Jambalaya or croque-monsieurs. Maybe both.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

A Grand Slam every morning? She rich.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

I saw a bit of American Pie Reunion. It was terrible. Just bad. And apparently Chris Klein has spent the intervening years pumping iron and making sure he got his daily dose of roids. I mean he wasn't a tiny guy but he has a neck like a tree trunk now.

• Options
    MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Madpanda wrote: »
    The LED bulbs that some car companies have been sticking in headlights tend to blind me when I see them in oncoming vehicles a lot too; in general, I can't say I'm a particular fan of this bit of tech.

Same here. I have to flip up the rearview if one is behind me.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    20080416-history-meme-commodore-64.png

• Options
    MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:

Ditto. While a part of me misses a slice of american cheese product as the fundamental part of a grilled cheese sandwich, I have moved on to better cheeses for a grilled cheese like colby, jack, or havarti.

I tend to find people's objections to American cheese to be pretentious bullshit. There's nothing worse about decent American cheese than there is colby, jack, or Havarti.

There's nothing wrong with pasteurisation, and there's nothing wrong with using emulsifiers, some whey, and some fats to create an evenly melting smooth product.

And it's no more processed than mozzarella or provolone.

Not to mention grilled cheese sandwiches beg for American cheese so badly it hurts. Like marinara begs for fresh parm.

"More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
This discussion has been closed.