As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EAST] PAX East 2013 Fitness Group!

• Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    vttym wrote: »
    Well, I knew this day would come, because I suck at holding onto sunglasses, pens, lighters or anything else for an extended period of time...

I left my Fitbit at the gym this morning, and lost it. Had it when I ran, took it off for a shower, and between the shower and pulling into work when I realized it was gone, I lost it. I don't remember putting it on, so I likely left it somewhere in the locker room, but it wasn't there or any of the places I checked. Wasn't in lost and found..

It was the one fear I had with making this purchase. I am not having a good day today.. which is a shame, because my run was awesome this morning..

*sigh*

D: That is awful. I hope that it turns up. Maybe email fitbit and explain what happened? I know they sent me a new one after my husband washed mine.

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Well, I knew this day would come, because I suck at holding onto sunglasses, pens, lighters or anything else for an extended period of time...

I left my Fitbit at the gym this morning, and lost it. Had it when I ran, took it off for a shower, and between the shower and pulling into work when I realized it was gone, I lost it. I don't remember putting it on, so I likely left it somewhere in the locker room, but it wasn't there or any of the places I checked. Wasn't in lost and found..

It was the one fear I had with making this purchase. I am not having a good day today.. which is a shame, because my run was awesome this morning..

*sigh*

That sucks! I had a scare that I'd lost mine on the bus 3 days after I got it, so I can relate. Didn't find it for hours after (under a piece of furniture in my office). Really hope it's either in your car or that your gym has a lost/found.

5I7JEDi.png
  • Options
    TheTinManTheTinMan Registered User regular
    I left my Fitbit at the gym this morning, and lost it.

That sucks vttym! That's what I'd be afraid of with one of those too. Hopefully if you give them a call like adias.angel suggests they'll help you out?
    Ashaelia wrote: »
    @TheTinMan - The only weight I have is a 5lb Kettle Bell (and of course gallon milk jugs that could be filled with water, lol) I really need to scuplt the back of my arms, my back, and the sides of my ribs (I know that sounds weird, but ...) Yeah mostly the back of my arms and the side of my ribs right underneath my arms. They don't look terrible, I just feel they could be tightened up a bit. Any task and rep suggestions for a simple toning exercise?

It sounds like chair dips should target exactly what you're looking for, and they're bodyweight-only (well except for the chair). It's hard for me to not say "deadlift". As for rep scheme there isn't a magic number but this unscientific chart provides an outline that jives with what I've learned on the subject. 5 reps is good to build strength without entering the "bodybuilding" range. An example of a female lifting heavy weights with low reps is here. The idea still stands with bodyweight exercises. Lower reps. If you find you can do piles of chair dips in a row try to find ways to make it harder so you can only do ~5 per set.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Losing things is never fun (unless we are talking about pounds).

I lost 3.4lbs in the past week. I haven't lost over a pound or two in quite some time. From my records, I have fluctuated by less than a pound in the past three weeks.

January 1, 2012: 256lbs
    July 12, 2012: 219lbs
    Total Loss: -37lbs

I've slowed down a ton in the way of losing, but I am still going at it and haven't gained aside from some wall hitting.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    I've been sitting at 214 for about a month and a half.. I actually don't mind it, because I've been on again/off again with paying attention to what I eat and running, so to maintain this means some good habits have been instilled (instead of climbing back to 250). Still, I'm exploring some options on how to ratchet up the intensity for the second half of the year, and carry into next year's PAX.. I have plans.. we'll see how I do with them.

But not next week.. that's vacation in Florida time.. :)

• Options
    I had "vacation time" last weekend. Wasn't much in the way of rest. *Winkwink*nudgenudge* I think that is what put me over the edge to finally lose again. Hahaha.

Being at 219 is amazing. I don't remember being that low. Maybe right before high school or freshmen year. That was like 1999-2000. My current weight goal via WW is 217 and change. Has been for months. I am so close to finally setting a new goal.

I can't wait for the meet up next year. You will all be like, "Why is this guy even here?" and I'll be all "I used to be a slob!" :)

I still have my old pair of shorts. I am going to keep one of them to just compare to my end end result (which will be the end of this year since weight loss was my resolution this year).

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    Page two? For shame Losers! :P

Down 3.2 pounds this week, booyah! This puts me exactly at 85 pounds lost thus far. Can't beleive I'll be in the 230's soon (even if it'll still be on the high end!)

Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    What are you trying to get down to or around?

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    redfield85 wrote: »
    What are you trying to get down to or around?

I'd like to get down to 160 (which is ideal for my age/height/sex) but I'll be happy anywhere between that and 180, really.

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    Gained 1.2lbs. BAH! I was a silly goose the last week. Time to fix that.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    back from vacation and caught up with everyone and their awesome weight losses - nicely done guys!

I tried to get back into run-mode and twisted my ankle in the woods. thankfully still able to walk (and thus work) but annoyed. Hoping to swim some this weekend, but still a downer.

loving the movitation

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Options
    Lost 3.1 pounds this week, it feels great!

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    Back in gear - dropped 1.1lbs as of this morning, then walked in 2 blocks - first 3.41 miles then at a new nature preserve for 4.53miles. Now trying too hard to hit my 20-miles goal this week due to recovering foot injury, but I'll be happy between 10 and 15.

• Options
    Dgeorge318Dgeorge318 Registered User regular
    Today marks 1 year of having made the decision to do something. July 27 2011, I was 295 pounds. Today I'm at 194 pounds. For your viewing pleasure: Weight Loss Comparison

• Options
    Dgeorge318 wrote: »
    Today marks 1 year of having made the decision to do something. July 27 2011, I was 295 pounds. Today I'm at 194 pounds. For your viewing pleasure: Weight Loss Comparison
    that's pretty epic. Congrats!

• Options
    That is awesome. I am jealous. I have been in a rut for awhile now it looks like. Haven't gained much of anything, but just hovering around 219-221lbs. I need a kick in the butt.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Bah, up half a pound this week. Being the DD for friends the night before weigh in and eating a bunch of fries out of boredom screwed me....but at least they were awesome fries!
    Dgeorge318 wrote: »

Thats freaking awesome man, congrats!

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    I'm at 241 right now and I just did the last Gethin workout. I'm heavier than my lightest (I was down to 235 at one point) but honestly, I'm still happy with how it turned out. I dieted hardcore for the first few weeks before realizing I wanted the lifestyle change and I still managed to lose a bit of weight. I skyrocketed back up initially but I reined myself in over the last few weeks.

All in all, I'd suggest the Gethin routine at least. I'm noticing HUGE increases in my endurance and strength.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • Options
    So, we won our floor hockey championship game tonight (was game 3 of best of 3).

I felt pretty good about myself for not having lost much of anything in awhile. If anything, with how good I played, I really want to lose these last 20-30lbs to put me over the edge.

Blue Moon anyone? 8-)

599471_10100136997308357_1500749119_n.jpg

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Blue Moon anyone? 8-)

Epic!

• Options
    crushed 8.34 miles today (in 2 sets) but trying to figure out how to balance out my evening gaming and exercise later in the week - not enough time @_@

• Options
    ishtra wrote: »
    Blue Moon anyone? 8-)

Epic!

I think the orange makes the whole picture. Haha.

I didn't eat much yesterday. Little breakfast and Saladworks before my game. After the game we went to Chickie's and Pete's. Had maybe three beers and 4-5 buffalo wings. Not a terrible day. Ice hockey tomorrow.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Hate my Wednesdays - working 9-8 just taps my energy for trying to hit the gym. At least I got my 1.65 mile walk in during lunch... but Uuugh.

• Options
    Lost 1.4lbs. Thank the lord. 218.4lbs.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    So close to my 20 mile mark for this first week back to running/powerwalking. I'm at 16.91 and will need to hit the gym before our cookout tomorrow ... hoping for good weather so I can enjoy the nomnoms

• Options
    The weather here in Philly has been on and off with rain lately.

So, oatmeal...good or bad? I have like the instant Quaker Oats stuff, it isn't many points, and it fills me up.

*as soon as I finished typing, I heard thunder*

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    oatmeal...
    love oatmeal ... pretty much any time of day. I keep forgetting that i have ferreted away boxes and boxes of the stuff until I am hunting for bad snacking foods and then am over-joyed when i find it :D

in other news - hit my 20miles this week. Going to Six Flags on my long-run day ... so must find a suitable work-around for getting my next 20 @_@

• Options
    Little Miss RachelLittle Miss Rachel Geek Chick Before Geek Was Chic Idahoan ExileRegistered User regular
    The weather here in Philly has been on and off with rain lately.

So, oatmeal...good or bad? I have like the instant Quaker Oats stuff, it isn't many points, and it fills me up.

*as soon as I finished typing, I heard thunder*

Oatmeal is very good, particularly if go for the "Weight Management" varieties many brands produce now. Low in calories, low in fat, high in fiber and good whole grains, and is quite filling, particularly relative to its caloric content. The aforementioned WM varieties pack in extra fiber & protein, which also helps with satiety/fullness, and with keeping you feeling that way a bit longer.

You're better off the less processed your oatmeal is, but even at its most processed (the instant varieties) it's still good stuff. Steel cut > rolled > quick > instant, but even at the bottom of that chain you're still much better than a lot of other breakfast options; it's a matter of where you feel your best balance of goodness:convenience lies.

• Options
    Multigrain oatmeal with a hint of honey. Dayum, that's a good breakfast.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • Options
    Dropped 3.8 pounds this week, feeling like a baws. I'm really hoping I'll be down below 200 pounds by the new year!

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    Little Miss RachelLittle Miss Rachel Geek Chick Before Geek Was Chic Idahoan ExileRegistered User regular
    Multigrain oatmeal with a hint of honey. Dayum, that's a good breakfast.

That's money right there. Om nom nom.

• Options
    Also, back to 239. Back on the right track!

• Options
    edited August 2012
    yeaah I have the big bucket o' oats and then the packets that I can add water directly into when I don't have access to real food :D Love them so much. My favorite lately is any with nuts and dried fruits. We got a Mega platter of dried fruit at work at one point, and that was Fabulous for my oatmeal creations :)

and finally broke through my plateau. finally down 0.7 :D only 5 to go for goal #1.

ishtra on
  • Options
    Just back from a Six Flags trip. Thanks to mapmyrun.com I was able to roughly figure out how far we walked - 5.8 miles. Ate home-sandwiches, b/c even though I did a survey for 6Flags about their "healthy" options, really didn't see much I liked. We'll see how things look later in the week.

• Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Boston, MARegistered User regular
    15 years ago I went on a class trip to Mount Monadnock (in NH, about 3 hours outside of Boston). Being the fat kid in class, I ran out of time and had to turn around about 3/4 of the way up.
    This past Saturday I went with a few friends and finally rectified that. And boy did it suck. Despite the weight I've lost and my regular trips to the gym, it was definitely a reality check. Took me 45 minutes longer than the typical hiker's 2 hrs (I contend a lot of that extra time was taken by frequent stops to check for cell signal - what a bunch of nerds we are), and none of the pictures we took are at all flattering. But I made it and I loved it (in retrospect). I'm thinking of making it a (probably yearly) fitness benchmark. Hopefully with less thunderstorm activity next time.

5I7JEDi.png
  • Options
    TheTinManTheTinMan Registered User regular
    Direwolf, I love Monadnock! I've gone in the fall the past two years. It continues to surprise me with the difficult portions (what, hiking isn't just walking in the woods?!) but it's a lot of fun. Hiking is always better once you're at the top.

• Options
    Down 2.6lbs, bringing me to 215.8lbs. Beat my last temp goal weight of 217.4 after what seems like forever. My body definitely seems to be fighting losing any weight (and it also has to do with more or less hockey too).

So...

Start: 256lbs
    Current: 215.8lbs
    Change: -40.2lbs since Jan. 1st

I think 180lbs should be a decent weight to finish at (depending on what I look like and if I am happy with it). Next temp goal weight is 205lbs. LET'S DO THIS!

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    bummed with a little weight bump back up ... so close to my goal, and once I hit it I'm ordering a wedding test cake ... so i really want to get there :)
    - awesome work!

• Options
    ishtra wrote: »
    bummed with a little weight bump back up ... so close to my goal, and once I hit it I'm ordering a wedding test cake ... so i really want to get there :)
    - awesome work!

Don't be bummed! It happens. Sometimes you just don't move or gain a little. Keep it going! I finally reached my mini goal after what seemed like months. If I can do this, anyone can. Plus, CAKE!

I think I might bawl my eyes out the day I jump on the scale and I am under 200lbs. I want to have like a party or something, but I guess that defeats the whole purpose of losing weight, huh? Hehe.

-40.2lbs is nothing. I got more where that came from!

Don't know if I talked about this earlier in the year, but did anyone ever watch "I Used To Be Fat" on MTV last year? I think that was the final push for me to lose weight this year. It was pretty motivating. So, on my bedroom wall I have my dry erase board how they have those huge calendars on the show. 144 more days until 2013 (well 143 right now). Each day I am going to change the number, as like a countdown to reach my goal. I think my goal for this whole year is around 190lbs (which still might not be my final goal). Let me know if I did this math correctly...

I have lost 37.6lbs in 7 months (this doesn't include this past week). So, that is an average of 5.4lbs lost per month. I have 5 months left to lose weight and if I lose the average each month, I would lose 27lbs from now till the rest of the year. That would take me down to 188.8lbs (67.2lbs lost for 2012) for 2013. Does that make sense?

*does some number crunching*

If I stay on track for the most part, I would hit less than 200lbs at the start of November, which would be an awesome time for that since my birthday is the 6th. It is like a rebirth. Haha.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Don't be bummed! ... Plus, CAKE!
    I know right, such a delicious goal to work towards, and since it will be a sampler, it won't even throw off the progress I'll have made. Just gotta stick it out :P

If I stay on track for the most part, I would hit less than 200lbs at the start of November, which would be an awesome time for that since my birthday is the 6th. It is like a rebirth. Haha.
    Sounds like a nice PAX East goal too :D

Edit: Just noticed that I'm only 4.08 miles away from hitting my 20 mile goal this week... hoping for tomorrow.

ishtra on
This discussion has been closed.