As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo 3DS] The 3DS XL is out.

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    Welcome me into the fold.

Friend Code to come.

• Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    is there a PA mario kart 7 commuunity?

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    is there a PA mario kart 7 commuunity?

There was, but it's been dead for months.

Maybe we can try to defibrillate the shit out of it once the patch for MK7 drops.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    2) My assumption has always been that the games are not "complete" without being able to trade Pokemon, Nintendo doesn't want to sell an incomplete version of one of their most popular franchises, and the logistics of getting GB link working over local wireless just for an old game don't justify devoting a lot of resources to it.

That's a shame, because even though I really loved Red/Blue, I feel I never had the complete experience, because I honestly didn't know anyone who had GB link cables back then. I was hoping VC with local wireless support would be a great avenue for this; I'm sure the price could be adjusted accordingly and the die-hard Pokemon fans wouldn't mind.

• Options
    DritzDritz CanadaRegistered User regular
    Pokemon Red/Blue is pretty lame these days especially without the speed boosts from Pokemon stadium. I wouldn't think they should release them at all since they would probably due more harm to the brand then good. Didn't stop them from release Super Mario Land though.

There I was, 3DS: 2621-2671-9899 (Ekera), Wii U: LostCrescendo
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    2) My assumption has always been that the games are not "complete" without being able to trade Pokemon, Nintendo doesn't want to sell an incomplete version of one of their most popular franchises, and the logistics of getting GB link working over local wireless just for an old game don't justify devoting a lot of resources to it.

That's a shame, because even though I really loved Red/Blue, I feel I never had the complete experience, because I honestly didn't know anyone who had GB link cables back then. I was hoping VC with local wireless support would be a great avenue for this; I'm sure the price could be adjusted accordingly and the die-hard Pokemon fans wouldn't mind.

Yeah. I mean, that's just one possibility, I may be wrong. Actually it's probably more likely that they're saving it for a special occasion, they did the same thing for many Wii VC games, particularly N64.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Dritz wrote: »
    Pokemon Red/Blue is pretty lame these days especially without the speed boosts from Pokemon stadium. I wouldn't think they should release them at all since they would probably due more harm to the brand then good. Didn't stop them from release Super Mario Land though.

They're classics; whether or not they keep up with modern standards isn't the question. Looking back on the past certainly wouldn't do more harm than good, it would simply show how far the series has come.

Keep in mind that I am someone that didn't play a single Pokemon between Blue and Pearl. Coming to Pearl was pretty jarring with all the things they'd added into the game. It would be nice to go through Red/Blue, then Ruby/Sapphire, saving all the Pokemon to my 3DS and carrying them over to the next game and getting adjusted to the new systems accordingly.

Also, what brand is hurt by Super Mario Land, exactly? It's easily my favorite handheld Mario (I am not as big a Mario fan as others, though), so I'm glad it's up there and I'll probably be getting it soon.

• Options
    DritzDritz CanadaRegistered User regular
    Eh I never really liked Mario Land.

I've got nothing against gameboy games (Link's Awakening is awesome) even particularly archaic ones. But Red and Blue are crazy slow games, if they patched in running shoes it might make them bearable.

There I was, 3DS: 2621-2671-9899 (Ekera), Wii U: LostCrescendo
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    It's worth noting that the current generation of Pokemon is still on the DS, which lacks VC. So it makes more sense to wait for a 3DS release before jumping through hoops to make Red/Blue function.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    They should probably just port Fire Red and Leaf Green.

• Options
    CullenCullen Registered User regular
    So I got the last two pink pieces I needed on puzzle swap today, then got home to find they've released another damn puzzle. It never ends.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Cullen wrote: »
    So I got the last two pink pieces I needed on puzzle swap today, then got home to find they've released another damn puzzle. It never ends.

Looks like they're finally getting the hang of it, then. Using the system itself as a continously upgrading toy was an excellent idea.

jothki on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    European Nintendo Direct video sold me on something alright. I need that Goomba figure in my life!

Shibata.jpg

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    I've missed you! I heard some talk about MK community coming back. Let me know, I am horrible but would join up!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
      I like the idea of holding off until the patch. It'd be a good kicking off point to maybe revive the communities.

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
      steam_sig.png
    • Options
      Also, what brand is hurt by Super Mario Land, exactly? It's easily my favorite handheld Mario (I am not as big a Mario fan as others, though), so I'm glad it's up there and I'll probably be getting it soon.

I like it a lot too, I like how straightforward it is. Not super long, not super complicated, just fun to play through. And they picked a good size for the sprites, a lot of GB games went with console-sized sprites and as a result were way too zoomed in on that tiny screen. Mario Land 2 included.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    • Options
      FRIEND CODE 3652-1506-4398

• Options
      agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
      Mario's physics are all wrong in Mario Land. He drops like a rock when he runs off a platform.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
    • Options
      ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
      Added @joshgotro, anyone else recently get a 3DS I need to add? Just shoot me a PM with your friend code. Mine's in my sig.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    • Options
      TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
      Add me if you haven't! 5112-3442-2082

I'll add ya!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
        Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
      • Options
        ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
        TimFiji wrote: »
        Add me if you haven't! 5112-3442-2082

I'll add ya!

Added!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
      • Options
        Oh yeah, add me! I added mine to the SirUltimos page

4511-1436-4445

I'll add it to my sig

• Options
        ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
        I had preordered Spirit Camera and Amazon shipped it to me. I was disappointed before I even opened it up. The commercial shows the 'haunted notebook' that works with the game as, well...a notebook. Big, glossy, sharp looking, properly bound spine, all that.

It actually just comes with an instruction manual with all the AR notebook pages in it.

uyvfOQy.png
      • Options
        Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
        I've added everyone who posted a FC on this page, add me back if you get a chance.

I'd be more than up for some Mario Kart with you folks once the patch hits, although I haven't played in months so I may be rather rusty...

• Options
        Opinion asking time. I loved Tales of Vesperia. Everything about it. Knowing this, will Abyss please me?

Also now that I have a 3DS GameFreak can go ahead and stop making Pokemon DS exclusive.

• Options
        LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular

I like it a lot too, I like how straightforward it is. Not super long, not super complicated, just fun to play through. And they picked a good size for the sprites, a lot of GB games went with console-sized sprites and as a result were way too zoomed in on that tiny screen. Mario Land 2 included.

I just love how different the Mario Lands are from the norm... all the more, now that the NSMB series seems to be hellbent on killing variety (I hope I'm wrong on that for NSMB2 & NSMBMii... prove me wrong, Nintendo!).

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
        Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
      • Options
        edited April 2012
        OK I added joshgotro, TimFiji and UnbreakableVow!

You guys need to get Swapnote and start swapping notes with people!
        joshgotro wrote: »
        Opinion asking time. I loved Tales of Vesperia. Everything about it. Knowing this, will Abyss please me?

Also now that I have a 3DS GameFreak can go ahead and stop making Pokemon DS exclusive.

There are a lot of Tales games and the only ones I've played are Phantasia, Symphonia, and Abyss. I really like Abyss. After a stint with off-putting characters toward the beginning, the story gets very good, and it is an incredibly long game. It's not a good showcase for what the 3DS can do, the 3D's pretty shallow and it's very clearly a port of an old PS2 game, but it stands on its own as a fun Tales game.

UncleSporky on
      • Options
        I want to add some people but rather go with whoever is playing games i am at the moment.

Legend of Zelda, Mario Kart 7. I plan on getting Mario Tennis Open next month (pretty excited) and Pokemon Black/White 2.

• Options
        I want to add some people but rather go with whoever is playing games i am at the moment.

Legend of Zelda, Mario Kart 7. I plan on getting Mario Tennis Open next month (pretty excited) and Pokemon Black/White 2.

You can count me in on pokemon black/white 2. Maybe tennis.

• Options
        lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
        Oh...how I love you Circle Pad Pro. Portable you ain't but it feels so snuggly. Are there other upcoming CCP games besides KH?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
      • Options
        Oh...how I love you Circle Pad Pro. Portable you ain't but it feels so snuggly. Are there other upcoming CCP games besides KH?

Well, Monster Hunter is the reason the thing exists in the first place so...

FU7kFbw.png
      • Options
        Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
        So, I just got back last night from being out of town and just read the new info from the Nintendo Direct. I weeped happy tears!

New Super Mario Bros 2: Now with the actual raccoon suit and a P bar! :D

Also a new update this month that allows me to organize my stuff in folders! This is going to be awesome. :D

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
        Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
        PSN - Brainiac_8
        Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
        Add me!
      • Options
        Anyone else excited for Mario Tennis Open? Comes out same week as Max Payne 3 i believe.

• Options
        edited April 2012
        Brainiac 8 wrote: »
        Also a new update this month that allows me to organize my stuff in folders!

Not only this month, but, in fact,

51Xw9QwBPTL._SX500_.jpg

maximumzero on
        FU7kFbw.png
      • Options

MV5BMTU1NTA3NzMwOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzEzMTEzMw@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

That doesn't show up while I'm at work...so I have no idea what you posted. :P

PSN - Brainiac_8
        Add me!
      • Options
        Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular

MV5BMTU1NTA3NzMwOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzEzMTEzMw@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

That doesn't show up while I'm at work...so I have no idea what you posted. :P

The Day After Tomorrow

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
      • Options
        Doomsday!?!? D:

Hehe, seriously, that's awesome.

PSN - Brainiac_8
        Add me!
      • Options
        Mystic TerrapinMystic Terrapin Shelled Sorcerer Dark LandRegistered User regular
        joshgotro wrote: »
        ...Also now that I have a 3DS GameFreak can go ahead and stop making Pokemon DS exclusive.

I wish they would move on, too. I personally think that the sprites on top of moving 3D backgrounds looks terrible. Dragon Quest Monsters is ahead of them in full 3D monster battles. Hoping DQM: Terry's Wonderland 3D comes to the States. I'm also excited for Mario Tennis Open. I loved the Gamecube installment. There are a lot of other games I'm keeping my eye on and, lastly, I'm crossing my fingers for Monster Hunter Tri-G announcement at e3.

I recently transferred my data to my new red 3DS and gave my first 3DS to a friend. Not sure if my new system has my original friend code...but if it does: 0774-4319-6018

Nintendo Network ID: Ghostosaurus
        3DS FC: 0774-4319-6018
        PSN:GallantJay
      • Options
        Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
        I for one am ridiculously excited for Mario Tennis.

• Options
        WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular
        I for one am ridiculously excited for Mario Tennis.

I spent half of my post secondary education playing Mario Tennis on the N64. Mario Tennis and NHL Hitz 2002 (any platform) are the only games my friends and I have ever played that NEVER get old. I will be buying Mario Tennis, and buying it hard. Kid Icarus is going to get thrown from my 3DS so fast its EEPROM is going to spin.

This discussion has been closed.