As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Phallakinetic Finale - Day 9 - WITNESS THE ARMADA'S TRIUMPH

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »
    What's the present vote count?

you seem to be heading first with 7 votes.

Following a close second is Weit at 6.

Battling of third place are Taya and schuss holding on to 5 each.

Everyone else is at 2 or lower.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    I'm going go with gut and say The Anonymous

Ender , it would probably help if you gave us a few more details.

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Have I voted yet? I don't think I have voted yet. REG Rysk because these wagons seem odd to me/

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I figured it was an ability restriction not a general post restriction. Like he had to post that way to seer or track or whatever I dunno.

• Options
    FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    Taya wrote: »
    It would be pretty brutal if The Ender's ability was based on him making himself look weird in public AND he was mafia. That's a big weakness for his team if you guys are right. More likely that you're wrong. The Wiet wagon is stupid and the Schuss wagon is stupider.

There are plenty of people making throwaway votes today. TheRoadVirus sticks out. Corvidae's vote on me seems really mafiaish, but it will look bad if I counter-vote.

Also Cayrus you have no sense of humour.
    The options are what they are. If your assessment is The Ender (too weird to be evil), Wiet (stupid wagon), Schuss (stupider wagon), doesn't that just leave voting for you?

Ender might be useful, and I'm not a big fan of neutral witchhunts. Wiet is in second according to the box, so it looks like I am once again voting him as the lesser of two bad options.

I think that tied it though, so can somebody break it one way or the other?

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    The Taya wagon is the stupidest of all! Wiet then I suppose.

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    The Ender then, because I do not like ties and I doubt Wiet is anything besides unlucky.

• Options
    and now they're tied at 8. good work team.

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    I'm going go with gut and say The Anonymous

Ender , it would probably help if you gave us a few more details.

...The problem is that this would be against my own interests. I mean, I'll almost certainly get gibbed if I reveal, so it's sort-of a Catch-22: do I reveal and probably get killed by attacks or do I not reveal and probably get killed by the vote?

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    Corvidae's vote on me seems really mafiaish, but it will look bad if I counter-vote.

just for explanation:

i chose you (taya) for placing a placeholder vote, and for day 1 being really vocal against elimininating munkus (the not-murderbot).
    it's not the strongest argument, but i have no leads.

The Ender could very easily be a faction, or a surv neut, i think being what i assumed is armored, is not an indication of alignment or faction, but still bears examination.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    I hate still having to vote and trying to decide between two equally silly wagons. I don't know why revealing makes you think you will die instantly, there certainly seem to be a bunch of defense powers around if your something useful to the village, but then again your hesitation makes that seem less likely.

The Ender

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Phyphor wrote: »
    I dislike the schusswagon the least I think

You don't like the Wiet vote?

Wiet himself hasn't done anything to make him look suspicious, but in my opinion REG Rysk gave him away.

REG really, really smells like mafia to me (mostly due to inactivity), and he randomly jumped to Wiet's defense when just a couple of people voted Wiet.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Someone make sure the previous count was accurate and I didn't just tie it.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    i'm going by magic box, it's not showing your vote yet, but it has them at 8 an d8, so your's should make it 9 and 8.

there it is! 9 and 8.

Melding on
  • Options
    I don't know why revealing makes you think you will die instantly, there certainly seem to be a bunch of defense powers around if your something useful to the village, but then again your hesitation makes that seem less likely.

Well, it might have something to do with being the Mirror Empath and attempting to copy the Rogue Mech's power so I can shoot people with a railgun.

:P

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i don't like either the ender vote or the wiet vote, but i would rather push the current leader ahead to prevent things in the last four minutes

sorry ender!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    The Ender for a bit more separation.

• Options
    HeavyVillainHeavyVillain Registered User regular
    maybe you shouldve mentioned something earlier ender

!Wiet

cos frankly you and segatai smell like mafia to me

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Bah, 2 minutes before vote close isn't what I meant about being around for the vote close :(

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The SupercomputerThe Supercomputer Registered User regular
    Vote closed.

Narration pending.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Well, I caught up and....umm, wait, what is going on?

Vote on schuss unless I can be swayed one way or the other on the top bandwagons.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Bah not enough time to do bbcode on the iPad. Ender is fine at least, though I wouldn't mind Wien either

Bah wiet. Stupid ipad

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    I sent Melding a basket of fruit!

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    38thDoe just posted in rhyme. Are his old posts like that? On my phone

• Options
    i don't like either the ender vote or the wiet vote, but i would rather push the current leader ahead to prevent things in the last four minutes

sorry ender!

It's fine; killing a survival neutral isn't too bad.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »
    Phyphor wrote: »
    I dislike the schusswagon the least I think

You don't like the Wiet vote?

Wiet himself hasn't done anything to make him look suspicious, but in my opinion REG Rysk gave him away.

REG really, really smells like mafia to me (mostly due to inactivity), and he randomly jumped to Wiet's defense when just a couple of people voted Wiet.

I assume you talking about http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/22908126#Comment_22908126

I actually asked myself the same question, so... not so much

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Boooo, I missed out. On everything. I hate having a late work schedule - it throws my entire day off.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Cythraul wrote: »
    Apparently I'm a good place to leave placeholder votes?

Apparently so. I chose you because of your late day vote on someone other than the two competing bandwagons.

Honestly, yesterday my vote was a panicked last-minute thing because I got home from work uber-late and had only a few minutes to dig through PMs and vote. Maxed out the data plan on my phone this month so can't update on the road >.<

Seriously I checked in mid-day today on my PMs at the free wifi at a McD's lol

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    REG has been way too inactive for my liking. Could just be that he's busy, but like I said, that's the #1 thing I look for.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Inactive how..? As in not posting? I've posted a few times here all day but nothing was developing in thread.

I knew I forgot something Ringo, next time.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    I'm not me! I'm Infidel.

...and it's Day 3.

So I'm dead! Yay!?

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Ugh, I really should have dropped to reserve, but st this point, only one more day where I won't be around. Watch me die making it moot smyway

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Welp, that was a crazy last few minutes. Should give us some info to go off of either way yes?

• Options
    FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    I'm not me! I'm Infidel.

...and it's Day 3.

So I'm dead! Yay!?

It'll be okay. Just go back in time and change your orders to prevent that timeline from ever occuring.

• Options
    Anialos wrote: »
    Welp, that was a crazy last few minutes. Should give us some info to go off of either way yes?

Not if neither the Ender nor Wiet are mafia.

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Peccavi wrote: »

Which we likely won't find out for a while.

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Day 3

Heavy wasn't, in fact, particularly heavy. Award colonial translation of his surname aside, he'd never really minded his name; it had come to relate to the burdens he carried. A barrier telekinetic was always welcome when there was lifting and positioning to do.

And hey, there'd be plenty of new construction contracts after this goddamn war.

The Armada's glistening ships hung in the air, spewing tiny drop pods like seeds and raining plasma fire on fragile buildings. In the distance, one of Arcadia's few defence emplacements thundered, swatting a cruiser out of the air in a cloud of shrapnel.

The telekinetic's field flickered, but held, as various projectiles and hostile psionic emissions hammered at its intangible edge.

But it sputtered and died when a beam ate into his shoulder.

Heavy gasped, clutching at the wound, and looked up at his attacker as another approached from behind.

"I did something right for once," he croaked, "I save lives, and this is the thanks I g-"

A metal hand snapped his neck.

"I am the first wave of a divine new order! Do you," Rman'qwer began, apocalyptic with rage, "have any idea who you're dealing with?"

Someone turned him inside out. It was hard to tell whether that was a yes or a no.

"'The Ender'? Well now, isn't that just a lovely name to have. Doesn't sound evil to me, no sir."

The Ender, assumed name or no, was calmly seated in the chair. He'd stayed there even after the Arcadian forces broke through the door into the apartment, barking orders and jostling furniture.

"See, word on the street is that you're doing crazy bullshit rituals and meditating. That's not helpful. In fact, right now? Sounds downright treasonous. That's the kind of shit the Cultists do."

"You have no idea what I had at my fingertips," The Ender murmured.

His eyes panned across the room, towards the wall. The official goggled as he followed The Ender's gaze; he hadn't noticed it on entry, but there was a head-sized, glowing hole in its centre. The surrounding bricks hissed and clinked very softly as they cooled, a sound the Arcadian squad had mistaken for the air conditioning.

"Well." The Ender smiled. "Maybe you do."

The firing squad put him down.

Night 2 casualties

ObiFett, a Telepath, shot and stabbed. Repeat if required
    Melding, the Healer Empath, is killed by massive telekinetic energies
    Figgy, the Psychevore, killed by multiple attacks
    HeavyVillain, a Telekinetic, shot and assassinated via high-tech means
    MrTLicious, a Soldier, hit from all sides
    romanqwerty, the Nullifier Cultist, slain by transmutational forces
    The Ender, the Mirror Empath, won the vote and lost his life

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Peccavi wrote: »

Well crap, hope people with abilities (everyone?) find something out tonight then. Not having anything to go on makes for a weak village.

• Options
    Well, at least that is one Chaos and one Cultist down! Sorry you had to go that way @The Ender. Now who to vote for tonight...hmmm.

• Options
    Melding noooooo!