As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

You silly [chat]

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    poshniallo wrote: »
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    So, preordering Borderlands 2 from EBGames.com.au is $98. That's just the game, no deluxe or ultimate versions.

Oddly enough, the Ultimate Loot Edition is $158, only $8 more than Amazon.

Wow that sounds like a lot of money.

You get a lot for your money. They're pulling out the stops for this special edition.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/117301-Borderlands-2-Special-Editions-Bring-the-Loot

I just don't see the appeal of any of those extraneous items!

You'll wish you had a cloth map of the area when a wizard appears one day and magically teleports you to Pandora.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    So... cold...

Mornings in fall/winter suck. >.<

Aren't you on the good hemisphere?

The north? Nope, Aussie land.

Plus side: wild kangaroos roaming the land, like furry pilgrims.

Down side: LITERALLY EVERYTHING, INCLUDING THE KANGAROOS, IS TRYING TO FUCKING KILL US

FTFY

Funny story, I totally saw a HUGE spider climbing up the wall of the house a few months back.

Like, it was the size of my fucking fist.

It's still there.

Waiting

No, my gf's brother killed it.

That's what it wants you to think, it actually lives inside him now.

When I was a kid I had a paralyzing fear of spiders and a big dream to visit Australia. Then my dad showed me an article about funnel web spiders.

That's not all to be afraid of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huntsman_spider

it's very reasonable spider but is too apathetic to win republican primaries

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Imma play Torchlight again.

What should I kill things as? Unstoppable magic guy of death or unstoppable shooting lady of death?

Unstoppable melee guy of death used to be decent too!

I never pick the melee guys. They're boring.

• Options
    But I'm still failing to find something to scratch my gaming itch.

Maybe... LoL.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i never pick magic guys

they're dorks

• Options
    I never pick Elendil.

He's fat dumb.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    the borderlands red chest is gonna be bullshit

cause the loot ain't randomized

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Time for another episode of family drama I'm glad I'm 900 miles away from.

In late April, my sister discovered that her husband had been cheating on her with not one but two other girls. He moved out of their apartment. My sister managed to keep it together, my parents helped her move her stuff out of the apartment, she took a few days off work but went back. In the meantime, husband McDouche continued to cavort with the latter of the two hussies, shacking up with her. Said hussy worked at the same place as my sister (Walmart) and enjoyed parading this fact around in front of my sister. My sister asks for and is granted a leave of absence from Walmart, and decides to visit my other, adopted sister and adopted sister's husband, who live a few hours away. While she's gone my parents go to check on the apartment to make sure it's been cleaned out of husband McDouche's stuff, find out it isn't, call him and tell him they're putting his stuff under the carport and he has until Thursday (it's Monday) to pick it up (as that's when the landlord is going to start showing the apartment to other potential renters.) He agrees.

cut to sister at adopted sister's

The brother of my adopted sister's husband (it gets complicated, yes. They're in the south. It's always complicated in the south) at this point in time discovers that his girlfriend has been fooling around on him. He's never been that stable of a person to begin with. They have a fight. He tells her to drive him to the store and back so he can get some stuff, because he's leaving her. On the way back from the store, he pulls a gun out in the car and blows his brains out while she's driving. My sister decides to stay with my adopted sister indefinitely now, under the circumstances. Tells my parents, quits her job.

cut back to the apartment

My parents drive up Thursday evening, see that the pile of stuff in the carport has been picked over somewhat, load it up in their truck and drive it to a local charity place (it was a bed frame and some other stuff they could use/sell). The apartment is now cleaned out, my sister will get back the security deposit and last months rent.

Friday afternoon, my dad is home up in his radio-slash train-slash armory room when the "they're someone coming down the driveway" alarm he has set up bing-bongs. He goes down stairs and sees a black car coming up the driveway with a girl in the passenger seat, and the drug dealing convicted felon brother of husband McDouche in the driver's seat. Brother McDouche isn't allowed on the property. He's been told this. My dad proceeds to his gun locker, retrieves his .45, places it securely in the front of his pants in a very obvious manner, and steps out on the porch. Brother McDouche rolls down the passenger window and says something to the effect of "where's all that stuff you said would be in the carport at the apartment" to which my dad responds it's Friday, you had until Thursday, do the math and fuck along now. Brother McDouche complies.

There's more fiddly bits that aren't really important, husband McDouche lost his job and got booted by hussey #2, and immediately tried to sweet talk his way back into my sister's life, which she shot down and promptly switched phone numbers. She's living with my adopted sister and adopted sister's husband and looking for work at the moment.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    So... cold...

Mornings in fall/winter suck. >.<

Aren't you on the good hemisphere?

The north? Nope, Aussie land.

Plus side: wild kangaroos roaming the land, like furry pilgrims.

Down side: LITERALLY EVERYTHING, INCLUDING THE KANGAROOS, IS TRYING TO FUCKING KILL US

FTFY

Funny story, I totally saw a HUGE spider climbing up the wall of the house a few months back.

Like, it was the size of my fucking fist.

It's still there.

Waiting

No, my gf's brother killed it.

That's what it wants you to think, it actually lives inside him now.

When I was a kid I had a paralyzing fear of spiders and a big dream to visit Australia. Then my dad showed me an article about funnel web spiders.

That's not all to be afraid of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huntsman_spider

it's very reasonable spider but is too apathetic to win republican primaries

teeheehee :^:

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular

In late April, my sister discovered that her husband had been cheating on her with not one but two other girls. He moved out of their apartment. My sister managed to keep it together, my parents helped her move her stuff out of the apartment, she took a few days off work but went back. In the meantime, husband McDouche continued to cavort with the latter of the two hussies, shacking up with her. Said hussy worked at the same place as my sister (Walmart) and enjoyed parading this fact around in front of my sister. My sister asks for and is granted a leave of absence from Walmart, and decides to visit my other, adopted sister and adopted sister's husband, who live a few hours away. While she's gone my parents go to check on the apartment to make sure it's been cleaned out of husband McDouche's stuff, find out it isn't, call him and tell him they're putting his stuff under the carport and he has until Thursday (it's Monday) to pick it up (as that's when the landlord is going to start showing the apartment to other potential renters.) He agrees.

The brother of my adopted sister's husband (it gets complicated, yes. They're in the south. It's always complicated in the south) at this point in time discovers that his girlfriend has been fooling around on him. He's never been that stable of a person to begin with. They have a fight. He tells her to drive him to the store and back so he can get some stuff, because he's leaving her. On the way back from the store, he pulls a gun out in the car and blows his brains out while she's driving. My sister decides to stay with my adopted sister indefinitely now, under the circumstances. Tells my parents, quits her job.

My parents drive up Thursday evening, see that the pile of stuff in the carport has been picked over somewhat, load it up in their truck and drive it to a local charity place (it was a bed frame and some other stuff they could use/sell). The apartment is now cleaned out, my sister will get back the security deposit and last months rent.

Friday afternoon, my dad is home up in his radio-slash train-slash armory room when the "they're someone coming down the driveway" alarm he has set up bing-bongs. He goes down stairs and sees a black car coming up the driveway with a girl in the passenger seat, and the drug dealing convicted felon brother of husband McDouche in the driver's seat. Brother McDouche isn't allowed on the property. He's been told this. My dad proceeds to his gun locker, retrieves his .45, places it securely in the front of his pants in a very obvious manner, and steps out on the porch. Brother McDouche rolls down the passenger window and says something to the effect of "where's all that stuff you said would be in the carport at the apartment" to which my dad responds it's Friday, you had until Thursday, do the math and fuck along now. Brother McDouche complies.

There's more fiddly bits that aren't really important, husband McDouche lost his job and got booted by hussey #2, and immediately tried to sweet talk his way back into my sister's life, which she shot down and promptly switched phone numbers. She's living with my adopted sister and adopted sister's husband and looking for work at the moment.

Sorry to hear your family has been going through so much awful matt.

Brightside: If you know anyone who writes HBO series, you have the story seeds for the first season of an award winning drama on your hands.

It's gold Matty! Gold!

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Yeah this shit is emmy gold

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    matt has a problem

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Tried to sweet talk his way back into my sister's life, which she shot down and promptly switched phone numbers.

Your sister, as Katt Williams would say, is in-tune with her star player. Kudos to her for handing the situation with grace.

• Options
    Vanguard wrote: »
    matt has a problem

Not gonna lie. I stared at this for about thirty seconds trying to remember why it sounded so familiar.

• Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular

Yeah, that's awful and I really feel for your sisters. Despite the awful circumstances, they seem to be displaying plenty of good sense.

I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular

Wow. Just... Wow.

Also, sorry :(

sig.gif
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I'm honestly not surprised in the least how it ended up really, aside from the random suicide. The guy she married was never a good person, but it was a situation of keep your friends close and your enemies closer, if my parents had pushed her away because of who she was marrying the only influences she would've had would've been his rogue's gallery of a family. All that's left now is for her to wait an entire year to file divorce, as North Carolina's divorce laws are borderline Irish.

:edit: also thanks guys.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    I'm honestly not surprised in the least how it ended up really, aside from the random suicide. The guy she married was never a good person, but it was a situation of keep your friends close and your enemies closer, if my parents had pushed her away because of who she was marrying the only influences she would've had would've been his rogue's gallery of a family. All that's left now is for her to wait an entire year to file divorce, as North Carolina's divorce laws are borderline Irish.

I think "borderline Irish" is probably a good description for NC as a whole.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    gah

Playing Starcraft 2 some more. Broke through the mission I had been stuck on, and completed two beyond it.

Now I have to steal the Odin.

Which would be trivial, if I had control of the stupid thing. But no, it has to be an ally. And if (when) it dies, I lose the mission. Being the stupid thing it is, it thinks running head-first into heavily fortified bases is a good idea.

"But wait!", I think, "Units can't cross supply depots; I'll just wait for him to stop for a 'break' and then build those in his way. He won't be able to move on until I'm ready!"

Turns out? They put in a special condition to allow the Odin to walk through the supply depots. So, not only can I not stop him from moving forward, the game rubs my nose in it.

/vent

• Options
    Tamin wrote: »
    gah

Playing Starcraft 2 some more. Broke through the mission I had been stuck on, and completed two beyond it.

Which would be trivial, if I had control of the stupid thing. But no, it has to be an ally. And if (when) it dies, I lose the mission. Being the stupid thing it is, it thinks running head-first into heavily fortified bases is a good idea.

"But wait!", I think, "Units can't cross supply depots; I'll just wait for him to stop for a 'break' and then build those in his way. He won't be able to move on until I'm ready!"

Turns out? They put in a special condition to allow the Odin to walk through the supply depots. So, not only can I not stop him from moving forward, the game rubs my nose in it.

/vent

It's 2012 and escort missions are still a thing that exists.

Did we lose a war or something?

• Options
    gah

/vent

Well, part of the mission is that you're supposed to repair the Odin when he takes his breaks.

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    gah

/vent

This may or may not be stating the obvious, but remember that you can repair the Odin even though it's not under your control.

• Options
    gah

/vent

It's 2012 and escort missions are still a thing that exists.

Did we lose a war or something?

It's not so much escort as it's "just make sure to fix things when the psychopath behind the wheel is using the can."

• Options
    gah

/vent

Well, part of the mission is that you're supposed to repair the Odin when he takes his breaks.

Oh, I know. But I have to repair him, and build scvs, and build marines and medics. Or else my base blows up during his second break.

Doesn't help that the AI is smart enough to target my scvs and medics this time around.

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    gah

/vent

Oh, I know. But I have to repair him, and build scvs, and build marines and medics. Or else my base blows up during his second break.

Doesn't help that the AI is smart enough to target my scvs and medics this time around.

Your SCVs should not be around when fighting occurs.

If you mean the ones back at the base instead of the ones escorting Odin, just make sure you've got some full bunkers down there.

• Options
    I just beat Rage. I was having a blast ... driving around the wasteland ... shooting ugly mutants ... and then I get to the last part of the game where I invade the bad guys' headquarters and save the world. The big problem is there's no boss fight. They just lock you in a room and throw grunts at you for three minutes and then, bam, you've saved the world. Credits roll.

What a bummer,

• Options
    gah

/vent

If you mean the ones back at the base instead of the ones escorting Odin, just make sure you've got some full bunkers down there.

Kind of thinking I should work on the drill mission and get some siege tanks, also.

Dunno. Taking a break and playing some Grimrock.

• Options
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    @Elki - so Damsels in Distress is really weird but really funny.

@Jacobkosh - Well timed. Its last showing in Nashville is tomorrow; I'll check it out.

Is your city getting one of those new Raiders of the Lost Ark 35mm prints? It's playing here next weekend, and I'm super excited. And Jurassic Park will be playing at midnight, as a complement.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    shit, i am depressed tonight.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    gah

/vent

Kind of thinking I should work on the drill mission and get some siege tanks, also.

Dunno. Taking a break and playing some Grimlock.

200412_transformers_fall_of_cybertron_grimlock_gameplay_t.jpg

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

@Jacobkosh - Well timed. Its last showing in Nashville is tomorrow; I'll check it out.

Is your city getting one of those new Raiders of the Lost Ark 35mm prints? It's playing here next weekend, and I'm super excited. And Jurassic Park will be playing at midnight, as a complement.

This inspired me to check, and the Alamo Drafthouse near me isn't getting that. But it is going to get Star Trek II. KHAAAAAAN!

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    blargh blargh blargh the sooner my night time pills kick in the better

then i can sleep and not feel like shit for a little while

• Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »

This inspired me to check, and the Alamo Drafthouse near me isn't getting that. But it is going to get Star Trek II. KHAAAAAAN!

There's too much stuff happening at once, but I think I should clear my obligations and spend $80 on this.

http://www.belcourt.org/events?id=79594

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular

Hope shit stops being so late night news story, man.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »

There's too much stuff happening at once, but I think I should clear my obligations and spend $80 on this.

http://www.belcourt.org/events?id=79594

Nice!

• Options

Goddamn.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Sarksus, you are a horrible person for not making this the Annular E[chat]pse thread.

• Options
    Oh, so Albuquerque is super sprawly. It's horrible.

• Options
    Help me decide which platform to get Borderlands 2 for: PC or XBox?

This discussion has been closed.