Options

[Watch Dogs] GTA4 impregnates Deus Ex, while NVidia PhysX watches like a voyeur. +DRM

surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloveddreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
edited June 2012 in Games and Technology
With this ballin trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcMRkyoHKeA

Ubisoft announce the existence of Watch Dogs. It looks, frankly, as balling as michael jordan holding 12 basketballs.

ALSO DIS INTERVIEW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suj8Ukbl6zY&feature=player_embedded#!

obF2Wuw.png
surrealitycheck on

• Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    Definitely shot to the top of my anticipated list. Please please please be on PC.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    This is the QR code from the video https://dotconnexion.ubi.com/

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    DramDram Old Salt Registered User regular
    Looks good...but then again...it's Ubisoft. So it'll likely be hamstringed by some godawful DRM on PC.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Ubisoft confirmed that video to be sourced from the PC and it will also be out for PS3 and X360.

But goddamn does it look sweet.

• Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    Looks pretty good. Didn't watch the ubi conference because I didn't expect there to be anything I cared about, kind of regretting that now. They have a date (or at least window?)

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Dram wrote: »
    Looks good...but then again...it's Ubisoft. So it'll likely be hamstringed by some godawful DRM on PC.

I'll be honest, when I saw this thread title my first thought was that it was about some new DRM controversy.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    It looks like it has everything I want in a videogame. Stealth, hacking, gunplay, multiple solutions to problems - I dub thee Deus Ex 4.

• Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Now that's how you make a trailer.

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    It looks like it has everything I want in a videogame. Stealth, hacking, gunplay, multiple solutions to problems - I dub thee Deus Ex 4.

It looks good.

So don't jinx it!

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    this looks neat

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Lotta people in the gaming press were pontificating that the game was for next-gen due to the graphics and individual AI scripting thingies, but good to see it's not.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    This game will be terrible and I have no idea what the big deal is...
    Pleaseohgoddontscrewthisupforpcubisoft

• Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    This is all the things I want.

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Super awesome game stuff! Yay!

Ubisoft! .... uh oh ...

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »

Ubisoft! .... uh oh ...

What a world we live in, huh TOG?

• Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Was there any confirmation on it being multiplayer? The E3 stage demo video seemed to suggest that.

(In the stage demo it didn't show him drive away in the car. When the helicopter showed up, it switched to the perspective of another character on top of a building nearby. That character's mission was to help the "main" character.)
    Edit: See here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKRWubusKBU&t=1h30m20s Watching it again, it definitely looks like multiplayer.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    This looks awesome. There are two Dogs dubbed games that look like the shit. I also see some product placement, our assassin there was using an iPhone, due to the look of the icons and the light background. He seemed to have 4 text messenger icons though. Just add some shoot dodge to go with that bullet time then all my open-world dreams will come true. Also 4 player campaign co-op.

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Fuck me in the ass and feed me shotglasses full of dried cranberries, I'm only 3 minutes into this video and I want to buy this game twice.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Yes

Yes

YES

• Options
    olanmillsolanmills Registered User regular
    Though I'm not expecting it, if the graphics will look that good on PS3 or 360, that would be amazing.

This game has a lot of "holy crap I just spent two hours screwing around without accomplishing anything" potential.

VmUq7mz.png
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    So, I'm wondering with the little tibits of information that can pop up for random people, if, it being ubisoft, they are going to have a few which are along the lines of 'pirates software', 'steals from game companies', or something.

At any rate this looks to be so goddamn amazing I don't even know.

• Options
    KlashKlash Lost... ... in the rainRegistered User regular
    Proof of concept: Assassin's Creed would be God damned awesome in a modern setting.

Now there are three coming-soon open-world murder-people games that I want. Prey 2, Dishonoured, and now this. I don't know what it is about hunting people down, but it sure makes for good gameplay.

We don't even care... whether we care or not...
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    This looks fantastic but that stop light change with the cars crashing had to have been scripted.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Klash wrote: »
    Proof of concept: Assassin's Creed would be God damned awesome in a modern setting.

Now there are three coming-soon open-world murder-people games that I want. Prey 2, Dishonoured, and now this. I don't know what it is about hunting people down, but it sure makes for good gameplay.

Dishonoured I open world? I thought it was *just* the Steampunk Fantasy lovechild of Thief and Hitman.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Yes

Yes

YES

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »
    Klash wrote: »

Dishonoured I open world? I thought it was *just* the Steampunk Fantasy lovechild of Thief and Hitman.

Dishonored is indeed not open world, it's a series of levels.

• Options
    Henroid wrote: »

Ubisoft! .... uh oh ...

i see your concern

the assassins creed games and the splinter cell games and far cry were some of the worst games of the last 10 years

(no, they were not, and you are a goose)

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    They could be referring to Ubisoft's horrid DRM.

I've no firsthand experience with it, but it is infamous.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Ubisoft make great games, it's just that for the most part they are not worth getting on pc. Ubisoft often seem like they are actively sabotaging their games for computers.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012

Ubisoft! .... uh oh ...

i see your concern

the assassins creed games and the splinter cell games and far cry were some of the worst games of the last 10 years

(no, they were not, and you are a goose)
    Oh cut the shit. You know damn well that Ubisoft's track record for oppressive, draconian DRM is insane. Anyone who games on the PC is completely justified to put the brakes on their hype train and instead wait to see how Ubisoft is going to fuck this up for us.

And Far Cry 2 was pretty bad.

Oh, and pretty much anything with the words Ghost Recon in the title has been getting more retarded with every release.

Assassin's Creed is pretty legit though.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Didn't I see a article somewhere with about Ubisoft "reavauluating" thier DRM policy?

Might have been wishful thinking.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I hate UbiSoft DRM as much as anyone else but

1) I dunno if we need to shit up every UbiSoft game thread with it and

2) Other games do it too (COUGH BLIZZARD COUGH) so it's not like it's a UbiSoft thing so much as it's a shitty publisher decision thing.

I also wish to note that in the time between watching the first three minutes of this video and watching the other 6 minutes I mentally bought the game 8 times. My I AM SO PUMPED list now looks like this:

1. Dishonored
    2. Zeno Clash II
    3. Watch Dogs (aka ZERO HISTORY THE FUCKING GAME)
    4. Assassin's Creed III
    5. Repeat 1-4 9 times because I'm so excited for them.
    6. X-COM
    7. Probably other stuff
    8. Dishonored again

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    I have to say there is something a tad disconcerting about seeing your city in a GTA-esque game. I'm not sure exactly what it is.

They really got it down well.

• Options
    Egos wrote: »
    I have to say there is something a tad disconcerting about seeing your city in a GTA-esque game. I'm not sure exactly what it is.

Oh they actually modeled it on Chicago instead of just saying it is when it's not? BONUS POINTS!

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    so I can't figure out if the protagonist is supposed to be an insane vigilante or just a hitman or what. He sounds all moral and just in the intro, and he saves that one guy and uses a nonlethal takedown on that guard... But then he also causes a massive pileup that kills at least one innocent person, probably more, which is a pretty reasonable expectation when causing an accident of that magnitude.

Game looks fucking awesome though.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Hoooot shiiiiiit.

Of course, now the problem is that I have to look forward to this super-kickass-looking game when I had no idea about it 10 minutes ago. THANKS ALOT, JERKS.

Oh, and seeing how bad the DRM for this will be. If Ubisoft has the brains to just let Steam handle that, I won't care. But if Ubisoft decides to employ more of their outrageously terrible DRM for this, I could see skipping this. That would make me very sad, but I have no desire to let a game company hold my games hostage to their shitty design.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »

Oh they actually modeled it on Chicago instead of just saying it is when it's not? BONUS POINTS!

Totally agree.

They could have been like, "Welcome to Windy City! Over there is the Pears Tower and over there is where the Blue Socks play. Don't forget the Windy City Theatre!"

Ugh.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    i wonder how scripted this trailer is

• Options
    Probably like, a ton.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular

The actual playthrough on stage had a few difference, particularly in the car crash. So it's not as scripted as it could be.

He did purposefully rotate the camera to take in the gas station explosion though, so parts of it happen the same way every time.

However, I did notice the "Control Train" option that he briefly hovered over. That could be fun.