As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Truth] thread - Where lies were never invented

KlykaKlyka DO you have anySPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
edited June 2012 in Social Entropy++
the-invention-of-lying_600.jpg

After watching the above movie yesterday, I was inspired to make this little thread here.
Imagine this thread to exist in the world presented in the movie. A world where the human race has never invented the "not-truth". Everything being said or written is the absolute truth. People say exactly what they feel and think at all times.
I would like to try and emulate this inside this thread. Now, obviously, people may not want to be 100% truthful using their forum name but would still like to say exactly what they are thinking. For this, just send me an email to Klyka@online.de and I will post your message anonymously.

Here are the rules again:
-This thread is about the truth and only the truth.
-Everything goes and will be treated as the truth. Lies were never invented so they do not exist.
-Discussion between people is encouraged but you can also just share thoughts or stories that stand on their own or which you wanted to get off of your chest.

Let's see how this goes!
Enjoy!

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
lTDyp.jpg
Klyka on

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    terrible things could happen in this thread

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    terrible things could happen in this thread

I created this thread with the intention of harvesting great stories from people which will make this thread successful and improve my standing and recognition in the PA community.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Who are you Klyka? And why should I trust you with these 1,000 facts about my dick?

• Options
    NeoToma wrote: »
    Who are you Klyka? And why should I trust you with these 1,000 facts about my dick?

I'm a 27 year old male German who is bored at work and decided to start this thread because I really liked the movie I mentioned above and would like to have the thread become big and funny so I can see it all over the "Awesome Posts" forum.
    You can trust me because I am known to be a trustworthy person and I would never act careless with personal information of others especially not if I know that a fuck up here could cost me my personally perceived positive perception in this community.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I can never tell the truth.

• Options
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    I can never tell the truth.

What is "truth"?

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    Chico has done it.

Your thread has been solved.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    This statement is a paradox.

• Options
    Isoldae wrote: »
    Chico has done it.

Your thread has been solved.

There is no concept of "truth" because there is no "lie".
    What he said does not mean anything, hence my question "What is truth?".
    In the world the thread represents there is no truth. There just is.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    Gatsby wrote: »
    This statement is a paradox.

n6U6RJFM0TF8R.gif

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Klyka likes to wear his underpants on his head.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    This was done better by the anonymous confessions thread.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I feel that great humour and great suffering will both come from this thread in spades

so bookmarked, I guess

• Options

No one so far has even tried to contribute something close to a confession.
    My email is in the OP if anyone wants to do it.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Süße, süße Wahrheit

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Okay here's a confession

I have been argumentative in the last few days

getting mad about the tiniest little things

and I'm sorry, world, that you had to put up with that

• Options
    SwissLionSwissLion We are beside ourselves! Registered User regular
    I didn't really like that movie.

Neat premise but it got super exploitative and preachy near the end.

I think this thread is a neat idea though.

ImWcN1I.png?3
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    liar liar will remain the superior film

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular

I wouldn't mind another rendition of that thread.

• Options
    SwissLion wrote: »
    I didn't really like that movie.

Neat premise but it got super exploitative and preachy near the end.

I think this thread is a neat idea though.

I thought the movie in itself was ok-ish film but the premise of a world where the concept of "not truth" doesn't even exist and the effects of a man who could conjure up this "Not truth" was pretty well done, especially at the start.
    I basically loved the first 20 minutes and then liked the rest.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I messaged Orik about having another a while back and he never replied so I took that as a "No"

• Options
    ASimPerson wrote: »

I wouldn't mind another rendition of that thread.

I was thinking of that thread when I made this one.
    I hope it works out.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Uncomfortable truth #1:

Klyka, I am your father. I am also your mother.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    Uncomfortable truth #1:

Klyka, I am your father. I am also your mother.

Momdad you were never there for me but I still had a longing in my heart to meet you.
    I don't really love you but I think we should try and form a bond in the future because this reminds me of a movie I once saw and I'd like to emulate the tearful reunion scene from it.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Uncomfortable truth #2:

I died during conception. I am a ghost, and so are you.

• Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    but my entire online persona is bogus

• Options
    SwissLionSwissLion We are beside ourselves! Registered User regular
    FAQ Truth: I Miss terrifying Spider-Spewing Clifford, because somehow, the face he has now is roughly three times as disturbing.

ImWcN1I.png?3
  • Options
    spider might come back one day, unless I can think of some other face and recruit some gif maker to make it for me again

• Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    I like big butts

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I just want to get from my car to my office without being confronted by the decay of western society

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I recently stopped going to my facebook page because everything people post there just makes me more and more depressed

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Move to a gated community and work from home?

• Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    I straight out refuse to help people at work because I'm terrified of human interaction.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Move to a gated community and work from home?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AueZ7Iim2M8

• Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    I recently stopped going to my facebook page because everything people post there just makes me more and more depressed

I really hate social media.

Sometimes I just want to talk to someone, and actually, listen their conversations, face to face. The problem with this is that I want this at my convenience. Sometimes I think about being a therapist, but my entire motivation would be to listen to people talk and occasionally giving feedback. That is my antistress therapy. It makes me feel engaged and useful. Its really quite selfish.

And because social media makes that awkward, I guess I hate it? Its also because I'm hopelessly stubborn about new technology.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I actually think twitter has much greater potential for direct interaction, but I can't think of anything in my life worth tweeting. I quite like following other interesting and funny people though.

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    I'm fucking over Facebook and only keep it around for people organising parties really. Between Skype and things like steam and origin chat, I've got no reason to engage with people on Facebook. It doesn't help that the iPhone app is just fucking horrendous

What I will say in defence of Facebook is that it's nice to have easy access to photos of people who've passed away. It's a bit morbid but it's been great to be able to go and look at old photos and posts relatively easy.

Twitter is great but I wouldn't ever follow friends or celebrities just to read them dribble shit.

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Oh except maybe TLB because his twitter is fuckin funny

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    facebook is a photo album pretty much exclusively for me, I really do not care what people I went to primary school with think about anything.

facebook chat can be handy for keeping in touch with folks you actually want to keep in touch with though.

• Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    Facebook is pretty much a glorified chat client to me.

XStly.jpg