As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Hargaad has the new form! Painhouse is about to get majorly revamped!

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    But yeah, anything with sustain, poke, a good pull, or aoe initiate is a monster on PG

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    But yeah, anything with sustain, poke, a good pull, or aoe initiate is a monster on PG

Yorick, Mordekaiser, and Katarina will be my go to champs for PG.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Yorick is super rude, yeah. Start with a tear and just push lanes all day.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    What I've found best so far is Ahri and Morgana so far.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    if you're not playing all random proving grounds get out

• Options
    zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    zerg rush wrote: »
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    You guys don't play card games much, do you.

(Directed to those that dislike random)

I play MTG actually.

and I don't put garbage cards in the stack I can draw from.

I would be down with random if you could ban your own set of champions down to a set of 10, and only random among those.

Having more champions should never put you at a disadvantage.

Yeah, some sort of mirror of the mode in DotA 2 where it picks a champion set to choose from and you draft that...

Oh, what's that you say, we tried that? You all hated it and certain of you are still giving me shit about it two weeks later? Huh. Nevermind.

Okay, unwarranted bitterness aside, that would actually work better for Proving Grounds if you wanted to avoid the "random decides the match at select and it's horrible," type of games.

Wait, you guys ended up doing mirror mode in a PAinhouse?

I missed that one T_T

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Gotta love the internet...
    Just played a game with Dreksontar, ended up with a 3-man.
    I was solo bot Riven vs Teemo and Yi, Drek was solo top Kayle vs Irelia. We had jungle Shyv, mid Anivia (DC'd at level 13) and 'roaming' Shaco (roaming means buying gp5 items and not helping any of the lanes do anything).

I finished 17/3/8, Drek finished 8/2/12. We could basically wreck them in team fights (2 or 3v4 or 5), but our Shaco was beyond worthless. Half the game was basically a 3v5 and they had a Yi who just pushed bot all game and we couldn't do anything to stop him.

Basically, Riven gives no craps. I was dragging them kicking and screaming to a win as hard as I could, but eventually the other team figured out they should just completely focus me in team fights (which meant I could only kill 3 of them before I went down, IF I went down).
    Riven = boss.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »

I play MTG actually.

and I don't put garbage cards in the stack I can draw from.

I would be down with random if you could ban your own set of champions down to a set of 10, and only random among those.

Having more champions should never put you at a disadvantage.

Yeah, some sort of mirror of the mode in DotA 2 where it picks a champion set to choose from and you draft that...

Oh, what's that you say, we tried that? You all hated it and certain of you are still giving me shit about it two weeks later? Huh. Nevermind.

Okay, unwarranted bitterness aside, that would actually work better for Proving Grounds if you wanted to avoid the "random decides the match at select and it's horrible," type of games.

Wait, you guys ended up doing mirror mode in a PAinhouse?

I missed that one T_T

Nah, you've misinterpreted my self-pity / venting. There's a mode in DotA 2 where it creates a champion pool for you that is much smaller than the full one, and you draft from it. Something similar to that would be good for Proving Grounds, I think.

• Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    MuAlu.png

aaaaaaram : (

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Just played a round of murder bridge.

Wukong (me) Garen Singed Talon Caitlyn vs Ahri Orriana Gragas Malz Zilean.

It was 30 minutes of constant PAIN but we eventually overcame our AP overlords.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    So, I brought up trying to use a hybrid Ez build a week or two ago, and I forgot to ask an important question. Why is it that no one even tries it anymore? The build I came up with would seem to work out ok. You can go bot like a typical AD, build all the ad half of the items, and end up with... 219 AD for 8900 gold. From there most of it becomes Gunblade and Rageblade.

It starts roughly like this..... AD Start .....and ends up like this.... Hybrid End

A Q with Lichbane is doing 682 not counting Rageblade adding a bit more. Regular Autos do 512 with Lichbane, and an auto does 234. 12 Attack Speed not counting the passive or Rageblade means jsut by firing off Q and W I'm putting out around 2200 damage with Q, W, and 3 autos (depending if one leads with the auto attack without a lich proc or witha spell. The damage is still pretty silly even if I don't finish rageblade or lichbane.

Looks great on paper, and at least the AD start works well enough for a build path in a botgame, assuming you focus on farming and not trying to murder the enemy. Didn't try it live to not piss off people who wouldn't understand what I'm doing. If you had to you can shift to building Trinity and an IE at that point, and not upgrade chalice or to gunblade without it being prohibitively expensive (About 1660 cheaper than Hybrid). Would have to change the boots probably though.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    When you play Ezreal bot lane, his Q is not even a factor past laning, because in team fights you can only hit whomever is closest to you. With 16k gold, you can have IE, PD, and LW and just be a better AD carry. Land your abilities when you can and be better off. Triforce is fine on him, but I don't even build it. AD carries need to just melt people with auto attacks and any ability use is just icing. That's why I wouldn't go with that sort of build.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I wish there was a double pen item. Brut + guise + gold resulting in pen + cdr + ad + ap.

Maybe a passive where spells cast increase armor pen and autos increase spell pen.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    Proving Grounds would be a good map for triple hat Nidalee.

• Options
    Assholes get online and AR PG

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    When you play Ezreal bot lane, his Q is not even a factor past laning, because in team fights you can only hit whomever is closest to you. With 16k gold, you can have IE, PD, and LW and just be a better AD carry. Land your abilities when you can and be better off. Triforce is fine on him, but I don't even build it. AD carries need to just melt people with auto attacks and any ability use is just icing. That's why I wouldn't go with that sort of build.

Well my focus was more on being ok at AD during laning, and then an absolute death cannon past that since all your abilities hit twice as hard. W and E are doing around 400 Damage and R hits for 1000. I was just thinking that as Ez you -need- to be casting or there's not much point to playing Ez in the first place. Using the masteries and runes I have set up right now in the planner, Trinity IE PD with the proc is 654 damage without a crit. Crit with Trinity it pulls ahead to about 1000 damage which is great. I just wasn't enjoying not being able to use the rest of the kit as much as I wanted, due to lack of regen and a larger man pool, plus stuff like the gunblade gives some more sustain since every skill gives life back.

Not saying it's right or optimal, I was trying to think of something different. Presumably they'd build armor, and they'd be in for a surprise from all the magic damage, and with cleaver and the 10% talent, at 150 armor your doing around the same penetration as a LW. Now going full runes and masteries makes the LW build pull ahead again. I was just getting bored with auto attacks, and Ez tends to be more mobile compared to Graves (I feel he's a better AD Caster). Botlane isn't going to be stacking MR usually anyway, and there's a small window if you get your farm where you can get a revolver and start working on Grail where you can possibly snag some kills with split damage where pure AD might not.

EDIT My Trinity calculation are too high, I was using full damage instead of base. Crit with proc would still be higher though. It's 4:30 AM and I can't get back to sleep, my apologies on the mixup.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Talith wrote: »
    I wish there was a double pen item. Brut + guise + gold resulting in pen + cdr + ad + ap.

Maybe a passive where spells cast increase armor pen and autos increase spell pen.

I was just reading an article at RoG about poor Brusier itemization, Hybrid is probably the only thing worse at the moment.

What do you think of my terribad build, being one of our resident Ez experts?

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    übergeek wrote: »
    So, I brought up trying to use a hybrid Ez build a week or two ago, and I forgot to ask an important question. Why is it that no one even tries it anymore? The build I came up with would seem to work out ok. You can go bot like a typical AD, build all the ad half of the items, and end up with... 219 AD for 8900 gold. From there most of it becomes Gunblade and Rageblade.

Looks great on paper, and at least the AD start works well enough for a build path in a botgame, assuming you focus on farming and not trying to murder the enemy.

Hybrid builds are only good because the items that make up those builds are undercosted for the stats they give. Rageblade and Gunblade specifically. Even post nerf they're massive balls of stats for relatively cheap. The weakness to hybrid builds is that you're building two ways, so you don't get to make use of multiplicative scaling from AD, and you only get half benefit from armor and MR penetration.

A hybrid build that starts AD and then switches to hybrid is getting the worst of both worlds. You don't get to leverage strong early stats-for-gold from hybrid items, and you don't get the endgame power of an AD build.

Also, remember that at 8.9k, you could be just blowing up fools as an AD. Like, you could just have zerker+IEdge+Black Cleaver+Zeal and deal literally twice as much damage while autoattacking.

• Options
    ok never doing proving grounds with pubbies again. Holy shit.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Another thing to note RE: Hybrid builds is that hybrids in particular gain more from finishing items than other builds (compared to just having the components). Hybrids have very distinct jumps in power when they finish their hybrid items. If you're laning against a hybrid, you need to be aware of when they finish gunblade almost as much as you need to be aware of when they're hitting level 6, it's that big a deal.

Holding off on completing your hybrid items because you want to stack up a bunch of components is just not good. Not good at all.

zerg rush on
  • Options
    eeSanGeeSanG I slice like a goddamn hammer. Registered User regular
    I have an idea for PAinhouse once the hype for Proving Grounds is over.
    Chat ban ~4 champions and draft a team of 5 in Blind Pick. Mirror match!

Might take a couple tries to avoid the NO ONE HAS THAT CHAMP issue or you could increase the ban count!

LFMGb.jpg
    Slice like a god damn hammer. LoL: Rafflesia / BNet: Talonflame#11979
  • Options
    WhiteSharkWhiteShark Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Frosteey wrote: »
    Proving Grounds would be a good map for triple hat Nidalee.

why can't I hold all these hats

WhiteShark on
  • Options
    Hey I just bought you
    And this crazy
    I'm Pulsefire Ezreal
    I feed bot maybe
    http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=26327775#post26327775

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Another thing to note RE: Hybrid builds is that hybrids in particular gain more from finishing items than other builds (compared to just having the components). Hybrids have very distinct jumps in power when they finish their hybrid items. If you're laning against a hybrid, you need to be aware of when they finish gunblade almost as much as you need to be aware of when they're hitting level 6, it's that big a deal.

Holding off on completing your hybrid items because you want to stack up a bunch of components is just not good. Not good at all.

Well then playing Ez isn't worth it for me, there are so many better AD's and better AP's you end up putting your team at somewhat of a disadvantage. I'd rather play Graves bot or Ahri mid. I just have a fundamental issue with throwing AP ratios on AD's and AD ratios on AP's. Champs like Kog can work, but then people scream no fair, and then he takes a couple nerfs to the chin. Kog's magic damage isn't needed to play AD since one skill is range and percent damage, one is a resistance shred, one is a slow, and the other is an ok poke but gives vision.

Ez doesn't get much except a flash and attackspeed that requires you to spend a minimum 250 mana and maintain 50 mana use every 6 seconds to hold the bonus.He can grant and debuff As as well, but that's only useful depending how the enemies and allies are standing around clumped up. If not for that passive, I don't see why people would look at Ez and go, "Oh yeah, that's totally a ranged AD Carry".

I totally agree that building parts of a bunch of items is no good, but no one is going to let you go bot as AP, they'll know there's no AD and stack only MR and screw your mid and yourself down bottom. Go mid, and all the stronger mids will tear into you because they have CC and damage attached to pure AP ratios that are higher most of the time.

Anyway, I asked the question and you all gave me great answers, I was hoping I was looking at it from an angle someone may not have considered before in order to better fit it into a teamcomp. He's not bad, but he doesn't bring as much to the table as pure AD or AP does, unless you're Wicked or Talith and just shooting everyone in the face.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    IDK, AD can put a lot of pain in mid lane early. Especially Ez with his early game burst.

I kinda want to try that now. AD Ez in mid, AP carry in bot with Lulu.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    IDK, AD can put a lot of pain in mid lane early. Especially Ez with his early game burst.

I kinda want to try that now. AD Ez in mid, AP carry in bot with Lulu.

AD Ez mid works ridiculously well especially if they're not expecting it, few mids run armor. AP Carry bot lane generally works best with Soraka to feed them mana constantly. Also Cassiopeia + Leona is a ridiculously fun kill lane.

• Options
    That's why I was thinking AP TF Lulu so you wouldn't need the mana.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options

I wouldn't put AP TF in the bot lane though, he needs solo experience to get a fast 6 and ult gank and he needs mid so he can easily gank both side lanes at will. Maybe Mordekaiser + Lulu?

• Options
    I totally agree that building parts of a bunch of items is no good, but no one is going to let you go bot as AP, they'll know there's no AD and stack only MR and screw your mid and yourself down bottom. Go mid, and all the stronger mids will tear into you because they have CC and damage attached to pure AP ratios that are higher most of the time.

I don't see why this is necessarily the case. A lot of teams end up with way too much AD. You'll see an AD top (Wukong, Fiora, Darius, etc), an AD in the jungle (Lee Sin, Gangplank, etc), AND an AD in bottom lane. Then come lategame they wonder why it's taking so long to kill the enemy team who are all at 130+ Armor.

There's a lot of situations where a hybrid or even pure AP bot can work. Although it means you have to wait for the right teamcomp to happen where a hybrid would fit in, rather than being able to choose to be hybrid from before you enter champ select.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Well then playing Ez isn't worth it for me, there are so many better AD's and better AP's you end up putting your team at somewhat of a disadvantage. I'd rather play Graves bot or Ahri mid. I just ahvea fundamental issue with throwing AP ratios on AD's and AD ratios on AP's. Champs like Kog can work, but then people scream no fair, and then he takes a couple nerfs to the chin. Kog's magic damage isn't needed to play AD since one skill is range and percent damage, one is a resistance shred, one is a slow, and the other is an ok poke but gives vision.

While EZ doesn't have the lategame power of a lot of AD's to say that he is bad as an AD is wrong. The thing that makes AD's strong lategame is either utility, or steroids. And Ez has both, even if they're highly skill dependent.

In addition he has a very strong laning phase, his abilities make it easy to punish mistakes and can provide a bit of a backstop to mistakes [can last hit with q, can blink out of abilities with e].

His 3-6 damage is unmatched for AD's if you can land your skill shots.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    WhiteShark wrote: »

I wouldn't put AP TF in the bot lane though, he needs solo experience to get a fast 6 and ult gank and he needs mid so he can easily gank both side lanes at will. Maybe Mordekaiser + Lulu?
    Him or Vlad are the only other ones that really fit the bill. Rumble too I suppose.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    I am so happy they released Pulsefire Ezreal.

uHUOW.png

I don't have a pc that can currently run LoL, I've never played ez, I've considered logging in just to buy the skin.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Well then playing Ez isn't worth it for me, there are so many better AD's and better AP's you end up putting your team at somewhat of a disadvantage. I'd rather play Graves bot or Ahri mid. I just ahvea fundamental issue with throwing AP ratios on AD's and AD ratios on AP's. Champs like Kog can work, but then people scream no fair, and then he takes a couple nerfs to the chin. Kog's magic damage isn't needed to play AD since one skill is range and percent damage, one is a resistance shred, one is a slow, and the other is an ok poke but gives vision.

While EZ doesn't have the lategame power of a lot of AD's to say that he is bad as an AD is wrong. The thing that makes AD's strong lategame is either utility, or steroids. And Ez has both, even if they're highly skill dependent.

In addition he has a very strong laning phase, his abilities make it easy to punish mistakes and can provide a bit of a backstop to mistakes [can last hit with q, can blink out of abilities with e].

You missed the part at the bottom where I said I didn't think he was bad, just outshined by other AD's and AP's. Having to build a team, even a team with a couple of pubs around a situational Ez pick where others could do a better job bot or mid would be......less than optimal. It would be better for the other 4 people to play what they're good at instead of catering to my mediocre Ez play.

Although, if I'd go that route, I may as well just go top and frustrate the hell out of the bruiser by switching from an AD item to an AP item just to make them go resists with no damage, and flash away whenever they try and close in. Then I pick one damage stat or the other and harass so hard it messess up their farm. Unorthodox, but it doesn't mess up bot or mid and the Jungle can get some kills. Not a good idea either, but neither is Counter Bruiser Bruiser Lux in most cases.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Pulsefire Ezreal is the most amazing thing that has ever happened

also, playing Ezreal with a competent Taric is probably the most joy one can possibly have doing anything

why can't I hold all of these kills

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    The LoL players that rage about Smite also having a dude named Wukong should maybe read a book some time.

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »

You missed the part at the bottom where I said I didn't think he was bad, just outshined by other AD's and AP's. Having to build a team, even a team with a couple of pubs around a situational Ez pick where others could do a better job bot or mid would be......less than optimal. It would be better for the other 4 people to play what they're good at instead of catering to my mediocre Ez play.

Although, if I'd go that route, I may as well just go top and frustrate the hell out of the bruiser by switching from an AD item to an AP item just to make them go resists with no damage, and flash away whenever they try and close in. Then I pick one damage stat or the other and harass so hard it messess up their farm. Unorthodox, but it doesn't mess up bot or mid and the Jungle can get some kills. Not a good idea either, but neither is Counter Bruiser Bruiser Lux in most cases.

Ez top is actually a strong counter to some traditional tops, like Trynd. I've mentioned it a couple times before, but it's a hard counter, and super terrible for Trynd.

Really, the thing with Ez is you need to be able to land your skill shots and use your skill shots correctly. If (generic) you want to right click win with overpowered AD scaling*, he's not the best choice, but he has utility and surprisingly high damage at lower AD values. He also duels enemy ADs really well except for fed ones or past 30-40 min or so.

* I think / hope Riot will eventually realize how boring / toxic this is.

• Options
    PoultryGeistPoultryGeist The Ghostly Chicken Registered User regular
    Does Ezreal's E cancel Cait's Ult?

Also, dat login!

IcdplGM.png
  • Options
    PoultryGeistPoultryGeist The Ghostly Chicken Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Frosteey wrote: »

League of Legends doesn't even have a blue eyes white dragon there is literally no connection here : (

There is a Red-Eye Black Dragon, however
    darkflame_shyvana2.jpg

PoultryGeist on
    IcdplGM.png
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I think starting Chalice on Proving Grounds is going to be my mandatory build when playing AP because dear god do I run out of mana fast in the early fighting stages where poke and initiations are flying. Least it builds nicely into Athene's eventually.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    Just won a game as Ashe

mid.

Still a thing!

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
This discussion has been closed.