As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Secret World] HEY! It's free to play (with purchase)!

1939495969799»

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Kay wrote: »
    Okay, so decided to focus on going for the Paladin deck for templar http://www.thesecretworld.com/world/decks/24

In so much that I am working towards having all the abilities on it. Will this be effective through solomon island (I have maxed out pistol and swords inner already so working on outer ring from start of Savage coast) and where can I go from this start off?
    It'll be fine for soloing. Any deck is pretty solid for soloing. Honestly, at the stage your at, gear is more important than some of the higher tier elite actives and passives.

It'll be hard to run dungeons with it because it's a melee DPS deck. The only pistol abilities are the builder, and a consumer. Melee DPS works, (and works EXCELLENTLY solo), but in dungeons you end up spending a lot of time running away from the enemy and trying to kite that you don't spend as much time attacking. Think about the fight with the Varengian in Polaris, when it electrifies the crates and water, so you either stand at range, or sit in the sparks and take tons of damage. Tanks can deal with that, melee can't.

With some tweaking, you could make a tanking deck out of it, but Pistols is more suited to supplement a DPS deck.

Well the alternative I guess is preacher.

Or with how gimped my character is I could just go make a dragon >.> Don't know atm. I had some really great flow going and it just feels ground to a halt by having to put points into one weapon set and having to re-do stuff to get SP while getting reduced Xp because I have SP.
    Just run around the lower zones and redo the investigation missions or somesuch, I hear you can do that now. It wouldn't take you long to get your Talismans to 3 or 4. And really, in the non-Elite dungeons, anything can work if you're careful. It's just melee DPS is going to have a way harder time and might make DPS checks (of which there are some - Corroder in Hell Rising comes to mind, and then a bunch of the others in that dungeon) a little tougher.

@Arch - think of Focus decks as DoT, because that's functionally what they are. They're mechanically the same - damage over time rather than big hefty chunks, thus lowered aggro, etc. etc. And Exsanguinate is easily one of the coolest looking attacks in the game.

I. DRINK. YOUR. MILKSHAAAAAAAKE! (Also you can use Anaesthesia and Cardiac Arrest as two resourceless Impair attacks within Blood to trigger the dot, which increases the damage Exsanguinate does by 20%.)

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Kay- I am already using both Anasthesia and Cardiac Arrest. I use exsanguinate all the time when soloing, but I was just griping about dungeons.

• Options
    Also technically I now have three impairs in blood- double left hand of darkness into a self-bleed exsanguinate, anasthesia into exsanguinate, and cardiac arrest into exsanguinate

Wait, I think I might actually run with this. I have surgical steel and healing sparks to keep myself alive during this whole shebang.

Trying this when I get home

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Need to be careful with impairs in dungeons. I'm not sure when it starts, but eventually bosses get a buff that means every time you use an impair or hinder on them, they get a counter, and as soon as the counter reaches 3 they're immune to both for a while. Since they have big attacks, or aggro resets, you need to save those impairs for interrupting moves, rather than boosting DPS. In solo though I loved impairs and had one or two for most of the game.

• Options
    Need to be careful with impairs in dungeons. I'm not sure when it starts, but eventually bosses get a buff that means every time you use an impair or hinder on them, they get a counter, and as soon as the counter reaches 3 they're immune to both for a while. Since they have big attacks, or aggro resets, you need to save those impairs for interrupting moves, rather than boosting DPS. In solo though I loved impairs and had one or two for most of the game.

No, I know that. This is why I am complaining. Impairs are so aweeesome but you need to be hells of careful in dungeons.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    New thread is up! Make with the posts!

Figured I'd set it up now since I am unsure if I will be around tonight.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »

No, I know that. This is why I am complaining. Impairs are so aweeesome but you need to be hells of careful in dungeons.
    Pretty sure it's Nightmares only and upwards - though the two DPS dudes I played with mostly didn't use anything but builders, consumers and utility +DPS powers, and I handled Impairs on big attacks that would hit me, purely for Nightmare impair practice.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
This discussion has been closed.