As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Birthday Ideas: Gaming Related gifts

winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
edited July 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey guys, I'm just wondering if anyone could recommend me some gaming related gift ideas. It's my best friends b'day in a couple of months and I want to get her something really good, game related. She is turning 21, and I had the idea of getting her a badass Ezio statue (Assassins Creed) but she just recently bought one! So i'm looking at official websites trying to find something, be it a statue, clothing (a bit iffy as most are made to shape dudes), poster or whatever. I'm posting here to see if i can get some ideas that I may not have considered yet.

The games she likes are

Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Mass Effect series
Assassins Creed series (Particular Ezio)
Elder Scrolls series
Bioshock 1

She also likes the Game of Thrones novels and t.v series

I'd go with a simple Steam gift purchase, but this is a 21st and i want it to be something with a little effort.

winter_combat_knight on

• Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    The skyrim collector's edition comes with a dragon statue, might be able to snag one off ebay for cheap. There's also the assassin's creed jack in the boxes and a hand blade replica.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    E.Coyote wrote: »
    The skyrim collector's edition comes with a dragon statue, might be able to snag one off ebay for cheap. There's also the assassin's creed jack in the boxes and a hand blade replica.

In the same vein, the Bioshock collectors edition came with a Big Daddy statue you might be able to find.
    Alternatively, Bioware's got a pretty good selection of female apparel on their site. I think the N7 courier bag is pretty cool looking, personally. If your friend's in college or needs to carry stuff around, it might be an option.

Just to help us help you, what's your budget for this?
    Also, is booze an option(I mean, it is 21st bday...)?

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    There's a bunch of cool mass effect swag around. I think theres a statuette of Liara that is pretty cool.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    E.Coyote wrote: »

In the same vein, the Bioshock collectors edition came with a Big Daddy statue you might be able to find.
    Alternatively, Bioware's got a pretty good selection of female apparel on their site. I think the N7 courier bag is pretty cool looking, personally. If your friend's in college or needs to carry stuff around, it might be an option.

Just to help us help you, what's your budget for this?
    Also, is booze an option(I mean, it is 21st bday...)?
    Maybe a Skyrim or GoT themed mug for quaffing ale with?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    E.Coyote - Hey, the Skyrim statues not a bad idea. I know she is envious of one of her friends who has one.
    KafkaAU / See317 - Mass Effect store is pretty cool. Some nice clothing. I may have to suss out in conversation things about Mass Effect she likes.
    This is looking to be an option - shes fairly conservative in dressing.
    http://biowarestore.com/apparel/womens/ladies-n7-armour-stripe-black-tee-5.html
    The bag is also rather epic too!

Budget: Going to say i'm willing to go up to $100
    And she's not a drinker.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I got my girlfriend this hoodie, and it's really good quality.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Rhesus Positive - That is an awesome hoodie. I think she would like the black one. Is there anything on the back?

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Ubi Workshop has a bunch of awesome Assassin's Creed swag, including hoodies just like Demond's.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Rhesus Positive - That is an awesome hoodie. I think she would like the black one. Is there anything on the back?

No, just the front image.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Ubi Workshop has a bunch of awesome Assassin's Creed swag, including hoodies just like Demond's.

I'm actually waiting on a Desmond hoodie of my own! I've just had too many problems with their service. Waiting 2 months and they still havn't shipped my hoodie (estimated early august), so I decided to avoid the store because I need the gifts by end of next month.

I decided to purchase two cool shirts from the Bioware store. I bought medium, just incase Small is... too small. Damn ladies sizes are confusing! She has a friend who alters clothing anyway so I should be safe with those.

• Options
    BlindZenDriverBlindZenDriver Registered User regular
    Look at the things PA has in their shop, there are some good items.

Also with the games you list - if she does not know of STALKER (and even older NOLF) then make sure she get's to try them.

Bones heal, glory is forever.