As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Gamma World PbP] Odyssey to the West (Recruiting is over! Game thread is up!)

DenadaDenada Registered User regular
edited October 2012 in Critical Failures
Gamma World
Odyssey to the West
*WARNING*     *WARNING*    *WARNING*
Core stabilization failure. Initiate emergency protocol 66CSD.

Initializing ...   ...   ...   ...   Warning. Cryo-stasis failure detected. Proceed to crew regenesis.

Initializing regenesis ...   ...   ...   Warning. Genetic recombinator malfunction detected. Unexpected results may occur.

Regenesis complete. Proceed to orientation.

Welcome!
This is the recruitment thread for a PbP game of Gamma World that I will be running. I'm looking for five people that are interested in being the mutated recovery crew of the ARRC, or Apocalypse Readiness and Recovery Center.

The ARRC is a secret underground facility, a vault, you might say, where people, plants, animals, technology, and other things were stored in anticipation of some kind of horrendous apocalyptic event. Sadly, the Apocalypse Recognition Sensory Equipment wasn't particularly well designed (thanks Obama), so no one was woken up when the apocalypse actually did happen. It's now 107 ABM (After the Big Mistake), and the ARRC's Environmental Stabilization Core has malfunctioned. You're the crew that was just recreated from a mixture of genetic goo and raw material who's job it is to get the parts necessary to fix it.

Unfortunately those parts are in (what was) California and you're in (what was) Kentucky. Time for a road trip!

Specifics
I'm looking for five people who can post regularly and all that typical PbP jazz. If you would like to apply, here's what you need to do:

Step 1: Go here and roll a character. Make sure you:
--Step 1a: Include Famine in Far-Go and Legion of Gold (the two boxes to the right of the sheet).
--Step 1b: Change your character's name if you want to.
--Step 1c: Select your armor and weapons in Section 4.
--Step 1d: Decide if you want to keep your Explorer's Kit or replace it with a random item (also in Section 4).

Step 2: Open a new tab and go here, then fill out the form. There's no myth-weavers or orokos for Gamma World, so I'll need this info to be able to recreate your character later when I'm making character sheets for the group. Use your forum name for the player name field so that I know who you are. I know that not all the fields on the character sheet are on the form. I only included the ones I need. The rest are calculated automatically.

Step 3: Make a post in this thread with your character's name, origins, and description. You should describe your physical appearance, your personality, and answer the following questions in some way:

-Did you agree to be a part of the ARRC? If yes, why? If not, why do you hate freedom?
-How long did you spend in orientation before getting used to your bizarre new body?
-How great is the ARRC? Isn't it just the best hope for humanity's survival?
-What are you most interested in seeing once you get out of the ARRC?

I'm going to leave submissions open for at least the rest of this week, probably making my selections on Monday. That timeline might change depending on how much interest there is or if I'm too busy and need more time or something.

Denada on

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    NT-MTR
    Demon/Android

About 5'8", 250 lbs thanks to its synthetic components, yet appears to be rather spindly. Clearly a machine, the Neo-Tracking Mechanical Teleporting Robot was designed to locate people, places, and things following the apocalypse. Unfortunately, the Big Mistake has damaged its teleportation abilities and core functions, meaning it leaks fire and radiation from its belly and lacks common sense. However, it still possesses general knowledge of science and repairing mechanical devices. Due to its design, it is quite nimble and can see in low light and darkened environments, and does not need to consume things to function. Rather than a face, it possesses a monitor that displays symbols, but its speakers give it the ability to communicate vocally. It is cheerful and polite, for ease of user operation. It hopes to assist others for as long as it functions, no matter where it ends up.

• GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    Oh God. I'm so interested my brain may explode out of my ears. I have to take a look at my time and so on, but...

• DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    A couple things I wanted to mention:

If you don't have the Gamma World books, don't worry. I have all the information you'll need. It's all pretty easily accessible online (most of it on WotC's Gamma World forum, in fact) as well.

If the OP didn't make it obvious, this game is not serious bizness. Think of this as a humorous road-trip story set in a mash-up of Fallout, Enslaved, and Bioshock. Of course it's also deadly as all get out, but thankfully rolling up a new character takes about 2 minutes.

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    I rolled a character already but I'm gonna post a description etc later. Never played GW before but it's basically like 4e DnD mechanically, right?

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    pretty much! some different skills, simplified a bit, the level max is 10.

• NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    Synapse

Mind Coercer/Photonic

Synapse appears as a vaguely humanoid form made of bluish-purple light.

Synapse geleefully accepted a role in ARRC. It's the most amazing thing he's ever experienced. That is once he figured out that he was a person. See, Synapse had a difficult time parsing out exactly whose thoughts belonged to whom and where those other people's thoughts were coming from. That's why it took him a couple weeks to find himself and complete the orientation. Now that he's ready to leave, he hopes desperately to see a raccoon. Not sure why, but he's absolutely fascinated by the idea of them.

• GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Octzi

Shapeshifter/Octopoid

Octzi was a mechanic, hell he still is, but his get-rich-quick schemes now stretch beyond merely selling scrap and gouging prices. With his new body he can take on any form to allure, hide, or intimidate yet he prefers the simple Octopoid one because of its utilitarian and cosmetic benefits. Constantly shifting between a range of different octopus species, he now fits a wide variety of tasks; namely ripping off rubes on a whole new level, with people now even more unsuspecting regarding his new body. The ARRC's the perfect place for him, especially this assignment, seeing as it keeps him on the move and if all goes well he's opened up a whole new pool of "customers" to pick from. As long as there's money involved, he's there.

• Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    Glacius Celeritas

Roman_soldier_covered_in_snow2_by_AsarUnNefer_zpsb5dc7f6c.jpg

Cryokinetic / Speedster

Glacius arose from cryo a believer. He believes in big ideas, ideas like civilization - civilization through any means necessary. A great and powerful empire once controlled these lands, and he seeks to restore its former glory. He finished orientation quickly, much like he does anything. He's not sure why everything is so much slower than him, but maybe that's why he is destined to rule over these lands. He will work for the ARRC for awhile, but soon they will become his instrument to bring about the Renovatio.

Outside of the ARRC, Glacius wishes to see his future empire first hand. After all, it is a poor emperor who will not meet his subjects personally.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Hi, I'm Ogai
    Plastic+Man.jpg
    Don't mind the shininess, I just tend to melt a little if I get distracted by…what is that noise anyway?
    Huh? Oh yeah, I picked up some super sharp senses along with the meltiness. So I got some cool shades too!
    The lady in the wall said I need to go back to something called orientation but she's boring and it's been forever since I woke up. Like hours and hours at least.
    Anyways, I don't remember much from before, but the wall lady says I … volunteered for this … assignment, whatever that means. All's I remember is that I wanted to see a jackalope. 'Cept I dunno what a jackalope is any more, do you?
    Assignment? Oh yeah, the wall lady said something about a cork being damaged and we need to go to some place called cal...ee....fourn....ya to get the bits to fix it. I said she should just get another one out of a different bottle but she didn't like that.
    Apparently this Cali place is far away? So I looked around a bit and I found a bunch of stuff that might be useful. And a couple of clippy cloppy things that the wall lady said we could use to get us there.

Ogai is a hypercognitive/plastic who came out of the tank a bit melty in the brain too. Not the most focussed of beings he secretly likes the wall lady (the ARRC's computer voice) and wants to know what she looks like almost as much as he wants to see a jackalope. Not actually stupid per se, he is however distressingly enthusiastic about everything and also in the middle of a bout of total retrograde amnesia while having to deal with limbs that occasionally melt a bit and senses that make a pin drop in a quiet room sound like the ring of the doom bell. He really wants to fit in, but first he needs someone to tell him how….

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I want to sign up but I'm moving in a week or two so I won't have Internet access for maybe a week after that.

Sign up anyway. It doesn't take much to make a character, and being away for a week isn't that big of a deal.

The more the merrier!

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    1108421-Clipart-Tough-Buff-Ogre-Royalty-Free-Vector-Illustration.jpg
    Mr. Granite

Giant/Seismic

Before the Big Mistake, Mr. Granite was a BAMF. He took no sh*t from nobody and didn't f*ck around. You needed someone hurt, you contacted Mr. Granite. Mr. Granite ensured that the person would not need to be hurt again. Didn't matter if it was some high-bred fixer, a disrespectful ho, some no-nuthin punk kid, or somebody's old granny.

The ARRC decided that someone like Mr. Granite would be a perfect bodyguard for their operations in the future. Luring him to the warehouse under false pretenses, they were able to subdue him and put him in storage. Now that he's woken up, Mr. Granite finds his new form - giant, grey, and monstrous - is particularly appropriate. While he doesn't really give too much of a d*nm about the ARRC and it's mission, as long as they're paying him it's all good. He looks forward to this new future of re-establishing his brand, and beating down on the punk-ass wannabes that have inevitably sprung up.

Unknown to most, Mr. Granite is particularly fond of and gentle with kittens, and has a particular appreciation for classical art that is entirely at odds with his otherwise violent-at-the-drop-of-a-hat demeanor.

tzeentchling on
    Uuuh ogre?
    Also:
    greyhulka.GIF

edited October 2012
    Yeah, meant Giant. Google searched for Ogre pictures. And that is also a great picture for him! I may use that preferentially should I get picked for the game.

tzeentchling on
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Is there an online reference for stuff? Was playing with the character creator, and Reanimated Saurian popped up. When I saw "Tyrannosaur Charge" and "Zombie Surprise" in the same block, I became immediately intrigued.

Ahhhhhhhhh ok

And that's mr. Fixit, one of the hulk's alternate personalities

Thought it fit!

edited October 2012
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Is there an online reference for stuff? Was playing with the character creator, and Reanimated Saurian popped up. When I saw "Tyrannosaur Charge" and "Zombie Surprise" in the same block, I became immediately intrigued.

The official Wizards of the Coast gamma world forum has some good stuff in it. The books themselves aren't legitimately available online as far as a I know, but most of the major mechanical information from the game is. The FAQ thread stickied at the top has tons of great links, from a spreadsheet of all the cards to sheets for all the origins.

Gamma World is more or less D&D 4E, but with a slightly different set of skills, a level cap of 10, and some simplified rules. Some of the things I think are important:

-There are no classes (or races, sort of). You have two "origins" which give you all your powers and such. Much of the fun of Gamma World is coming up with what your Photonic Rat Swarm or Demon Yeti actually looks and acts like. You are encouraged to use your imagination.
    -There are no healing surges.
    -Second Wind is a minor action that restores half your max HP.
    -A short rest restores you to max HP.
    -Healing outside of your Second Wind is pretty rare.
    -You add your full level to skill checks/attacks, instead of half.
    -Rules for equipment have been greatly simplified. There is no mechanical difference between a battleaxe and a sharpened stop sign because who cares.
    -Ridiculous, over-the-top, or otherwise zany situations/explanations/actions/etc are expected and encouraged. Gamma World can certainly be played as a serious game, but that isn't what it was intended for, and I find the tongue-in-cheek nature of the game very refreshing.

Denada on
    in addition, there are Alpha Mutation cards that you draw before every encounter that alter your character in some way, with an optional roll on most cards that can either help or hurt you depending on what you roll
    i also believe that whenever somebody rolls a 1, it causes Alpha Flux, forcing everyone to change their Alpha Mutation cards. that is, if i remember that right. there are also some environmental hazards that cause Flux.

there are often Omega Tech cards drawn as rewards after encounters, as well, basically super advanced gear. they're typically one encounter use only, but some have a salvage check you can make to keep the item, albeit weaker.

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    zombiesaurus.jpg

Exxon - Reanimated Saurian

There isn't much to Exxon, physically speaking; he (they assume it's male) is a rotted, half-skeletal lizard-man thing. Others gave him the name of Exxon, and think it's hilarious, but he doesn't get it. But that really doesn't matter to Exxon; he just goes with it. He's shockingly relaxed for a dead guy, as unconcerned with his horrific appearance as he is with his simple vocabulary.

They used him for simple, dangerous labor when they made him. He was as strong as a forklift and complained less. That ended when they caught him chewing on the remains of a coworker. He tried to explain that it was OK, Bob was already dead and the dead don't care if you want to eat them. But that's difficult to do while chewing a mouthful of meat, your mouth wasn't really designed for speech in the first place, and a lot of the physical structure required for emitting coherent words is broken, rotting, or just gone. They eventually figured out that Exxon hadn't actually killed Bob, but strangely, nobody wanted to work with him anymore. Exxon found himself submitted into an expedited AARC orientation, and sent out with first available crew.

Which was OK. If they want him outside, he can go outside. Exxon understands that it's very dangerous outside, and that means that sometimes people die. Which is OK to Exxon.

Dead people are delicious.

Edit: ROFL, found the perfect image.

jdarksun on
    50123.jpg

Harmless
    Temporal Rat Swarm

They call themselves Harmless, 'cause that's what people seem to want to hear from them right now. Otherwise it's "Oh shit, where did these goddamn rats come from?" and then stomp stomp stomp. So Harmless it is. When among strangers, some of them are usually screeching it as they go ("We're Harmless! We're Haaaaaarmlessssss!"), just so there aren't any misunderstandings. There are a lot of misunderstandings anyway. It's hard to avoid them, when you're a writhing pile of rats, shrieking in tiny voices about how harmless you are, and bits of you keep nauseatingly popping backwards and forwards through time.

Fortunately, Harmless' conflicts are usually brief. It's hard to win a fight against Harmless, simply because by the time it starts it usually turns out that (due to the vagaries of the rats' somewhat loose grip on the concept of time) they've already been gnawing at your soft bits for several minutes. They aren't really clear on whether cause follows effect or vice versa -- they just go for the eyes.

They're working with ARRC now for one reason: People equals rats. The reduced population since the Big Mistake has significantly dented Rattus X's numbers in the post-normal world. In order to get the humans back to their garbage-producing, food-wasting, filth-loving peak, Harmless would do anything. Are doing anything. Have done anything.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Denada wrote: »
    Sign up anyway. It doesn't take much to make a character, and being away for a week isn't that big of a deal.

Well all right then!

arrcd
    Demon AI

The Apocalypse Readiness and Recovery Center was designed to function without anyone around to monitor it. That kind of comes with the territory when designing automated systems, and goes double for automated systems intended to survive the destruction of civilization. Of course, being a government project, the programming contract for the ARRC went to the lowest bidder, and you get what you pay for. The programming for the ARRC and the ARSE are bloated and inefficient by any standard.

On a note that I promise you is related, the ARRC project utilized research and technology licensed from some Columbia University scientists who had lost their tenure and were down on their luck which allowed the capture and harnessing of demonic spirits for use as a doomsday-proof power source. (Burning Souls of the Damned: Emission-Free, For All Eternity!™)

But some faulty wiring here and some forgotten programmer's back-door there and several of the feisty devils got loose into the sub-routines of the ARSE, where they encountered such labyrinthine and esoteric coding patterns that after wandering the code for a digital eternity, they began to think of themselves more as daemons then demons. Eventually, one of them found its way to a cozy cluster of circuity that was inside a servile android designed to assist the living inside the ARRC with maintenance and menial tasks, which found itself activated when the Environmental Stabilization Core began to malfunction, possibly due to another one of the demons, but also possibly due to the general incompetence that made up the construction of the ARRC.

Appearance:
    A human-sized and shaped robot covered in a ceramic armor with a semi-glossy silver finish. It wears a standard-issue ARRC work jumpsuit and boots, and appears the same as the other, unactivated maintenance droids, except for the fact that its eyes seem to glow a little too red, and occasionally when it speaks it seems not to be using its speaker unit but is instead scratching its words onto the surface of your soul. But how many ARRC droids are active? Maybe they all are like that.

-Did you agree to be a part of the ARRC? If yes, why? If not, why do you hate freedom?
    This unit has been created for the express purpose to claim souls for the glory of the ARRC. There is no greater freedom than to be enslaved by us.

-How long did you spend in orientation before getting used to your bizarre new body?
    This unit has had adequate time to calibrate this form. This unit does miss the ability to summon hellfire, however.

-How great is the ARRC? Isn't it just the best hope for humanity's survival?
    This unit shall assist ARRC in ensuring humanity survives eternally. One soul at a time.

-What are you most interested in seeing once you get out of the ARRC?
    Whatever the designated senior officer desires this unit to seek. If granted permission to pursue goals independently, this unit would seek out a large population of unclaimed innocents for preservation.

DarkPrimus on
    i dont foresee room for two robots with demon powers

if you get a spot DP, you earned it

• GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    I should really do some art for my character.

• dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Awesome; I've been looking to play GW for some time now. Character incoming!

dresdenphile on
    steam_sig.png
  • dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    _-Mario-Vs-Donkey-Kong-2-March-of-the-Minis-DS-_.jpg

KD - Giant Simian

A prototype animatronic statue, KD was purchased form an online auctions site from a recently-bankrupted theme park by the ARRC before the Big Mistake. Now, the former amusement has been upgraded with nano-fiber armor and a nigh-invulnerable metal barrel that he wields and wears by two reinforced leather straps.

KD figures that working for the ARRC is better than collecting dust in storage and it gives him an opportunity to throw a barrel around. He has the overwhelming urge to find a woman named Paw-leen and keep her safe from a mysterious contractor named JuhmP Mahn, but he's not sure where these urges come from. He's hoping that the ARRC can help him find out more about that.

steam_sig.png
    I'm loving the variety so far.

From Antimatter we have "What Would Happen if C-3P0 Went Through the Event Horizon?"
    From Nealneal we have congealed conscious thought without all that messy "material body" stuff to deal with.
    From Gatsby we have Doctor Octopus: Sleazy Mechanic Edition.
    From Lord Palington we have the bringer of the Frozen Roman Empire.
    From Mr_Rose we have Mr. Fantastic with hyper-ADD.
    From tzeentchling we have a stone-cold badass who can now apply "literally" to his description without angering any pedants.
    From jdarksun we have your run-of-the-mill zombie dinosaur maintenance worker who sees dead people ... and then eats them.
    From GrimmyTOA we have, had, and will have a hideous swarm of time-shifting rats. Keep calm and trust your rat swarm.
    From DarkPrimus we have a robot with a notoriously difficult OS, but once you get it configured it will swallow your soul.
    From dresdenphile we have a re-purposed mecha-gorilla with a personal quest to climb to the top of ... something and do ... something.

Keep those submissions coming!

• TajhanTajhan Registered User new member
    1635965-man_thing_swamp_super.jpg

Saladnose
    Fungoid Regenerator

Saladnose's spores congealed deep within ARRC through one of the many cracks and gained sentience after devouring a handful of no-named personnel. Descended from irradiated fungi and blessed/cursed with the tortured minds of his initial victims; he persuaded his new companions not to kill him by demonstrating the usefulness of his regenerative spores and his special mushroom moonshine. He's not seen the outside world and is quite eager for a chance to travel.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES MARRY ME ! ! ! ! !

edited October 2012
    Denada wrote: »
    I'm loving the variety so far.

From GrimmyTOA we have, had, and will have a hideous swarm of time-shifting rats. Keep calm and trust your rat swarm.

Hideous but somehow charming. Their charisma ended up being something like 16. Don't know how.

I agree, though: the submissions in this thread are fantastic.

GrimmyTOA on
    Yeah, Mr. Granite's Charisma is his second highest stat, at 14. I figure it represents more his intimidation getting people to agree with him/do what he says, rather than sweet-talk or good looks.

• El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Oooo gamma world! Finally!

Will get a submission in in the next day or so!

edited October 2012
    Sir Winston Charles Honeyworth IV
    Telekenetic Pyrokinetic

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCs0F6zl2oL90K-yqW4IUGIeymPfhRlKLMRZ8OoIDzSclu_liu

Sir Winston was a very rich Gentleman who wanted only one thing- to be left alone. He detests any physical contact whatsoever, and used to walk around in a specially crafted suit that covered his entire body, and was made of special fibres that would repel germs and viruses that people continually tried to infect him with.

In the end, he heard of the AARC program and actually paid to be a part of it. With assurances that he would be frozen until many years later, he reasoned that by the time he woke up they'd at least have the technology to kill germs. Or maybe a personal forcefield device. The thought was enough to sign him up, and provide much of the required funding for the project.

When he woke up from his long sleep (he wasn't really informed about the specifics of how the sleep worked, but that was probably for the best), he found that he was stuck in an uncomfortably small space with quite a few rather strange and ugly...wait, is that a bunch of rats??? AUUUUUUUGH!

After it was over he regained his composure and found out what was going on, he apologized solemnly to the remaining rats for baking their friends. The rats got over it pretty quickly, because it turns out they liked the taste of baked rat. Sir Winston chose not to think of this overly long.

It did turn out that whatever had happened before he woke up had given him the power to burst into flame, and also to move things with his mind, and he was OVERJOYED. He would never have to touch anything ever again since he could move things with his mind, and any germs that managed to get through to him would be instantly incinerated. If he concentrated, he could even levitate himself a few inches off of the ground for extra security... And so he was finally happy, and eager to explore this new world... just not too closely, thank you very much.

El Skid on
  • wildwoodwildwood Registered User regular
    Bofsat

Wheeled/Exploding

(picture a twitching, jankity Johnny 5 that shoots random fire and shrapnel in a random direction every so often)

Listen. About the malfunction. Bofsat is sorry. The AI sent Bofsat to deliver raw materials to the Stabilization Core. It just wanted to help.

Apparently, explosions are contagious. And now the AI says that Bofsat must go very, very far away.

Most of Bofsat's thought processes are focused on the fine art of "not exploding". It took very long to learn about "not exploding" - at first, it could only not explode for a minute, but now it is up to fifteen minutes, easy. It remembers little about where it came from, except for the sense of constant, imminent doom.

It will follow the orders it is given, and try to remain intact. It loves ARRC, and only wants to help. It likes to spin-fling small projectiles/rodents and contemplate their ballistic arc. It likes to pretend sometimes that it is outside of its own blast radius.

Bofsat is looking forward to its trip, besides just helping ARRC by not being there. It is hoping to find new and exciting opportunities to spin-fling.

• KreenWarriorKreenWarrior Registered User new member
    mushroom-Man.jpg

"Mushy" AKA "Mushroom Man" AKA (Complicated Scientific Designation)
    (Telekinetic Fungoid)
    Mushy was originally intended as a medical invention, a form of fungus that could take the place of neural tissue and be used to repair injuries. However, when the ARRC computer attempted to reconstruct him, it recognized the pattern of neural tissue in his physiology and attempted to construct a functioning brain out of it. The result was a mass of fungal tissue that was fully sentient, and had somehow developed telekinetic powers. Mushy seems to have absorbed something of his original purpose in his personality, he is helpful and protective of humans, and uses his telekinesis to shape his body into a nonthreatening form.

• CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    I've followed several of the games here for a while but this is the first that made me want to get an account and dive right in. Here's what I came up with:

My name is Hope, and just about a week and a half ago I had my first thought. It was... startling. There I was, just scuttling around in some garbage, browsing really, when suddenly, I realized "I am scuttling around in garbage." Which doesn't sound so profound, I know, but when you've never had a thought before anything is pretty earthshaking. A few epiphanies later, I had my very first feelings, and well, if thoughts are unsettling feelings are just ghastly. My first was confusion, followed closely by loneliness. But then I felt, so very faintly, so very distant, outside myself even, the slightest tinge of fear.

As revolting as it was, it had a magnetic pull on me. For days I traveled through air ducts and dirty corridors. The fear got stronger, sometimes tinted by hope, or resignation, sadness, or pain. Each complexity focused my attention and quickened my skitter. And then, there they were: the awoken humans of the ARRC. Bent and broken, disheveled, the fear in their eyes called out for help. And I yearned to give it. In that instance, I added yet another new emotion to my repertoire. I felt my purpose.

cockroaches.jpg

"Hope"
    Cockroach Empath

Alright, it's Monday and I've gotten a good number of responses, so I'm comfortable with closing recruitment. That being said, I have a few more technical details to work out before we got going, so if anyone wants to get in a submission today please feel free.

I'll make another post when I'm ready to pick the group.

Okay, recruiting is now CLOSED. I'll get the group selected today and let you all know when we'll be getting started.

Good luck picking a group out of this motley assortment, Denada! :P