As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Breaking Bad] --> [Better Call Saul]: The Ballad of Slippin' Jimmy

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    I was not paying nearly close enough attention to that -
    did Walt use the ricin? Was there anything to allude to that he used it, like Huell's patdown of Jesse last season? Or did he just have it there as an option and was convinced by her sales pitch
    I don't think so, he was hiding the vial again after the commercials.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Walt's getting eccentric after Mike's death. That's a bad thing for Walt. He's gonna get sloppy.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    This is literally the most fucked up, brutal thing this show has ever done. I don't even get bothered by violence but this scene has actually made me feel physically ill

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Holy fucking shit. Everyone at my house was just slack jaw gaping at that scene.

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Holy shit, that was an efficient three months!

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Holy shit, that was an efficient three months!

And he seems so disgruntled. It's like, without the challenge, without the opposition... why bother?

Also, the reveal of that cash was amazing. First time he's been caught offguard all season.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    don't poison Jesse don't poison Jesse don't poison Jesse don't poison Jesse don't poison Jesse don't poison Jesse don't poison Jesse don't poison Jesse don't poison Jesse don't poison Jesse don't poison Jesse don't poison Jesse don't poison Jesse don't poison Jesse don't poison Jesse don't poison Jesse don't poison Jesse don't poison Jesse don't poison Jesse don't poison Jesse don't poison Jesse don't poison Jesse don't poison Jesse don't poison Jesse don't poison Jesse don't poison Jesse don't poison Jesse don't poison Jesse don't poison Jesse don't poison Jesse

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    haha buggy sync
    poll: judgment
    Jesse thought Walt was there to kill him.
    Yes 100.13%
    Not Really 2.44%

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Aaaaaaaaaaa worst cliffhanger ever!!!

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Whoa

I was positive Junior was getting shot. And then it was Chekov's Book

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Seriously, of all the things that could've happened, it was that?

• Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Etiowsa wrote: »

No that was perfect.

I can't wait another damn year.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    Mmmm... Cocks...Mmmm... Cocks... Registered User regular
    All I can think about was the quote last episode
    "No one else has to die!"
    *Murders everyone

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular

See, I... like I think most people
    Were expecting massive horrific violence.

That was just so unexpected. Even if a bit unforeshadowed, it was still... I mean.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
  • Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    This show has the best montages.

Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Options
    EgoEgo Registered User regular
    I'm really glad it ended with that instead of junior
    walking over to holly finding she'd gotten ahold of the poison, which is what I expected.

Also
    wow that was violent.

Erik
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    Since I have dish and they got rid of AMC, someone mind giving me a breakdown of what happened instead of "ermuhgerdz that happened?!?!" Thanks.

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Boo...

Lame cliff hanger/turn of plot

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    Crayon wrote: »
    Since I have dish and they got rid of AMC, someone mind giving me a breakdown of what happened instead of "ermuhgerdz that happened?!?!" Thanks.
    You can spend 3 bucks tomorrow morning and watch an amazing episode of television on iTunes.

Why spoil it?

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Tons of callbacks this episode.

Particularly liked
    the painting

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited September 2012

See, I... like I think most people
    Were expecting massive horrific violence.

That was just so unexpected. Even if a bit unforeshadowed, it was still... I mean.

That was probably what they were counting on.
    It keeps the viewers on their toes until the last minute where shit just got real.

IIRC they stream episodes in real time on AMC's website for Dish customers.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    syndalis wrote: »
    You can spend 3 bucks tomorrow morning and watch an amazing episode of television on iTunes.

Why spoil it?

Why? Because I asked? Doesn't seem too complicated here. Spoiling a show does not change my enjoyment of watching it tomorrow.

Also, they only streamed one episode to Dish customers is my understanding.

Crayon on
  • Options
    Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    Holy shit I knew
    Eventually Hank will find out

I was waiting that whole last scene for a
    gun squad to come in and start mowing people down

It is gonna be a long year till next season starts

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    I missed the fucking cold open, watching the episode now. Can someone tell me what I missed?

• Options
    Heisenberg wrote: »
    I missed the fucking cold open, watching the episode now. Can someone tell me what I missed?
    -Walt spends a minute studying a fly in the office.
    -new guy comes in and informs him he had the car crushed into a cube at the dump
    -they proceed to opening the other car trunk, which has Mike in it, and get the rubber barrel and chemicals ready
    -Jesse shows up. They close the trunk before Jesse sees anything, Walt and Jesse talk for a minute about ehat do to about the 9 guys until Walt tells Jesse that he has no say in anything anymore, and closes the garage on him.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Thanks.

• Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Man, the whole time I was thinking she's wearing pink, pink is death, she's wearing pink, pink is death.

Then
    Hank got up and I realized Walt Whitman. There was no other reason to show the Walt Whitman cover earlier if it wasn't going to come back into play. You got me.

• Options
    ninzorjonsninzorjons Registered User regular
    Don't remember the book at all. Can someone refresh my memory?

"Be excellent to each other."
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    The real question is...
    What does Hank do now? He can't just go out and confront Walt in front of Junior and everyone. He can't bring it up to the DEA because it's going to make him look incompetent at best, and maybe downright complicit. The only option he has is to (A) do nothing, or (B) take out Walt on his own.

Argh, I can't believe they're making us wait a whole year to see the rest of the season. Stupid AMC.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Hmm, disregard.

Form of Monkey! on
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Wow that ending was fucking unbelievably contrived. All this time and Hank finds out on the toilet.

Heisenberg on
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    My god, what a good episode, and what a brilliant way to end it.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Everything is effectively wrapped up and the one thing that makes 8 more episodes possible is Walt putting that book on the toilet.

• Options
    Everything is effectively wrapped up and the one thing that makes 8 more episodes possible is Walt putting that book on the toilet.
    Hoffa was nailed on tax evasion.

It's the little things that end us.

• Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    No one is expecting a clean break for Walt. Having everything wrapped up in a such a clean fashion would have been anticlimactic. There must be some sort of sacrifice for what he has accomplished. You could argue that his relationship with his wife was the sacrifice, but that appeared to have been salvaged in that final scene.

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    So it's Gale Boetticher's lab notes that
    had the earlier mention of W.W in them, correct? And the book itself has an inscription to W.W. in Gale's handwriting. Is that what's going on, or is this the second time that Hank has seen this exact book before, but only now is he realizing that the inscription really is to Walter?

It's kind of immaterial, a mental housekeeping issue, one would derive the same result from the episode either way. It's just nagging me that I just can't remember if they found W.W. in the lab notes or in this exact book before, among Gale's personal effects, when he was killed.

edit: OK, I think I found a youtube clip that has jogged my memory sufficiently. It's that
    Gale just gave Walt the book earlier. Walter left it lying around because...because it must have seemed like an afterthought, and Walter is arrogant enough to do something like that. The inscription is meaningless to anybody but Hank, due to the W.W. mentions and Hank's familiarity with Gale in general.

Form of Monkey! on
  • Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure it was in the lab notes, or a journal of some sort. I recall Walter was the one to mention Walt Whitman as the possible WW reference.

XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    So it's Gale Boetticher's lab notes that
    had the earlier mention of W.W in them, correct? And the book itself has an inscription to W.W. in Gale's handwriting. Is that what's going on, or is this the second time that Hank has seen this exact book before, but only now is he realizing that the inscription really is to Walter?

It's kind of immaterial, a mental housekeeping issue, one would derive the same result from the episode either way. It's just nagging me that I just can't remember if they found W.W. in the lab notes or in this exact book before, among Gale's personal effects, when he was killed.

edit: OK, I think I found a youtube clip that has jogged my memory sufficiently. It's that
    Gale just gave Walt the book earlier. Walter left it lying around because...because it must have seemed like an afterthought, and Walter is arrogant enough to do something like that. The inscription is meaningless to anybody but Hank, due to the W.W. mentions and Hank's familiarity with Gale in general.

The first.

• Options
    NibbleNibble Registered User regular

I'm pretty certain that everything was not wrapped up, at least not entirely. The whole time during the last scene, I was thinking
    what about the guys Walt forced into cooperation with him? Did he just hand in a letter of resignation and hope they'd go away? Won't they either want the rest of the methylamine and his recipe, or just want to kill him for screwing them over? What about the Madrigal woman? She just started up a new overseas business for him. I don't think he can just stop showing up to work and expect everything to smooth over.

sig.php?id=178