As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Breaking Bad] --> [Better Call Saul]: The Ballad of Slippin' Jimmy

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    That is really weird.

I was just today wondering what was going on with this.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    so either AMC are very happy with what they are seeing already(scripts, early footage), or they are really desperate for something to fill their line-up post Mad Men. for now i'm going to lean towards optimism and take this as a good sign.

• Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    Another bit of info that came out with this news is that apparently Vince Gilligan is actually going to be co-showrunner and more directly involved with it, rather than just overseeing the show with someone else in charge (like, say, Joss Whedon does with Agents of Shield) as originally planned.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I totally spend the better part of 2 weeks binging on Breaking Bad

Should have fucking done it sooner, is all that really needs to be said.

As far as this Saul show they're making... I don't know. He was entertaining as a character, absolutely. I don't know if he could hold up a show revolved around him though. What genre is it even going to be? Drama or comedy?

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    Well Breaking Bad had it's dark humor moments, I suspect more of that but also dealing with a whole new cast of characters that Saul has to dance around; keeping drug dealers happy and such, while also trying to maintain a sense of moral right? I really can't wait to see if under his persona that he's a broken guy, it'll be sad but in the end I kind of want him to financially screw over a few assholes.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    RhalloTonnyRhalloTonny Of the BrownlandsRegistered User regular
    Based on Odenkirk's performance in Fargo, I'm more than willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.

!
  • Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    First photo.

LHcQNTN.jpg

Bubby on
  • Options
    Pi-r8Pi-r8 Registered User regular
    Has anyone seen the spanish language version of breaking bad?

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Banks is a regular so that's good news. Also Michael Mando (Vick the Dick from Orphan Black).

EDIT: Six years before Breaking Bad.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Man, I love Vick.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Yo, do you like Breaking Bad? What about Weird Al?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWdTi57e4GU

(I guess it is old, and maybe someone had already posted it, but I had never seen it. New Weird Al videos being released over the past few days took me down this YouTube rabbit hole and I found this thing.)

RandomHajile on
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    My god, that was amazing.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    I started it up in the background and... was not prepared for it to be 12 minutes long.

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Yeah, it's one of his lesser-known older songs, mostly because it isn't a parody. Some of the lines match up with Breaking Bad so well.

• Options
    RhalloTonnyRhalloTonny Of the BrownlandsRegistered User regular
    Yo, do you like Breaking Bad? What about Weird Al?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWdTi57e4GU

(I guess it is old, and maybe someone had already posted it, but I had never seen it. New Weird Al videos being released over the past few days took me down this YouTube rabbit hole and I found this thing.)

That has such a solid hit to miss ratio. That laugh at 2:50

!
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Have you guys heard about the guy who's trying to cast Val Kilmer and Slash in a Breaking Bad sequel via Kickstarter? It's called "Anastasia a Sequel to Breaking Bad with Val Kilmer and Slash".

Breaking Bad not only had a perfect ending, but this guy's vision leaves much to be desired. Looks like everyone else agrees, because he's barely getting any pledges.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    @Taranis Isn't direct linking to Kickstarter expressly forbidden?

Anyway, that sounds horrible.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    That doesn't sound like a thing that could possibly have Gilligans blessing

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    That doesn't sound like a thing that could possibly have Gilligans blessing

It doesn't even have Val Kilmer's blessing. Read his reaction on the kickstarter page and the guy's immature reaction.

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Back in my day we just wrote fanfiction. Free and easy.

• Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    "Funding for this project was canceled by the project creator"

• Options
    reVerse wrote: »
    Back in my day we just wrote fanfiction. Free and easy.

That's why god made Livejournal. And DeviantArt. Right?

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    http://www.bettercallsaul.com/
    aaauggghhh too many months from noowww, come back from Minnesota, there's lawyerin to do
    http://youtu.be/lQscoVVvURk

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    I just finished Season 4 of this on Saturday night.

Good fucking God! I can't believe I waited this long. The later half of season 4 has been some of the finest TV I have ever watched.

Onward to Season 5!

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Penumbra wrote: »

Good fucking God! I can't believe I waited this long. The later half of season 4 has been some of the finest TV I have ever watched.

Onward to Season 5!

i really want the last 10 or so pages of this thread to just be a constant and (near)uninterrupted stream of your reactions to scenes and episodes from season 5.

• Options
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    Penumbra wrote: »

Onward to Season 5!

i really want the last 10 or so pages of this thread to just be a constant and (near)uninterrupted stream of your reactions to scenes and episodes from season 5.

Just 100 posts all entirely consisting of the word "fuck" or some variation of it

• Options
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    This breaking bad Marathon is just making me re-realize how horrible and Skylar is

and spoilered for those burning through dvds/marathon
    how much I really wish she'd have been fucking killed before the show ended.

• Options
    Skylar is a normal person doing the best she can in a shitty situation. I don't think she handles it any worse than I would if my significant other turned out to be a psycho meth kingpin.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    This breaking bad Marathon is just making me re-realize how horrible and Skylar is
    Skylar is a normal person doing the best she can in a shitty situation. I don't think she handles it any worse than I would if my significant other turned out to be a psycho meth kingpin.

Can we all agree not to have this conversation again?

• Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    Yeah that dead horse has been so thoroughly beaten that it's not even identifiable as a horse anymore.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    Bleh, that Better Call Saul teaser is unavailable in the UK because it's 2014 and why is region locking still a thing

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    So Aaron Paul won best supporting actor. Should have been Dean Norris, but Emmy voters just do what they did before so didn't nominate him.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    it didn't win best director so it's not locked to sweep everything but I'll be surprised if cranston and the show don't win considering Paul and Gunn have

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    McConaughey is almost definitely winning actor.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    woo!

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Cranston ended the McConaissaince.

• Options
    And won series. Glad HBO's attempt to game the system was defeated.