Options

Screenshots X: Beautifully Expressed; Poorly Compressed

• Options
    DesmondPfeifferDesmondPfeiffer The secret diary of- Registered User regular
    Got invited to my first AA jury duty... I'm the second one from the left. The guy was on trial for a lot of theft and a couple counts of assault. Justice was served with 14 minutes of jail time... which was the maximum allowed for his crime points. As I have so far been able to determine, the jurors always vote guilty, and always vote for maximum penalty.

oHHCgtV.jpg

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    So myself, Corehealer, Sonork, Mangos and Lamba went on an adventure.
    fb3Bl1z.jpg
    An island we thought was 'Pirate Island'
    ips4TMA.jpg
    Promptly after finding the real Pirate Island
    CXdgxFr.jpg
    RfnYVRM.jpg

Everything is on fire!
    TP2U0Dm.jpg
    5QYNXOZ.jpg

Massive Book Building
    T929ipN.jpg
    dgy68fq.jpg

Now Pose!
    IyOK4Qq.jpg

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    I left a lot more screenshots of our adventures in the Archeage thread, as well as a more thorough description of what we found while we wandered around. I'll just add a little skybox love to round things out in here.

i4fTbgN.jpg

I really can't recommend enough that you guys give the game a try after tonight; get a beta key hookup or if your feeling bold buy in with a founder pack and come experience the adventure. The game has a few things that are rough and need to change and the game starts slow and a tad grindy, but keep up with it, and you'll be well on your way to owning a boat of your own.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Mind this round of beta is coming to an end Monday.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »
    Mind this round of beta is coming to an end Monday.

There will be more, and there are rumours the game's NA F2P launch will be in November. The game is mainly content complete as it's been in release in South Korea for a few years now and is mainly going through a westernization process right now via Trion Worlds.

The game is also on Steam.

488W936.png
  • Options
    TolerantZeroTolerantZero Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure I would spend 95% of my time sailing if I was playing Archeage. High-seas adventure, ahoy!

Steam | Raptr | 3DS - 2552-2106-0321
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    I don't care what people say.

I look god damned fabulous.

K7c3yWy.jpg

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Every banana wants to be a Chiquita banana...

• Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Those ArchAge screenshots are tempting me. Is that where everyone has moved onto, or just back to Final Fantasy 14? WildStar is feeling a little empty. I'm having a difficult time even finding random pugs for general group quests.

I do like my new Engineer, though. I wish I started as that class.

ibrR3AtwUpmlJb.jpg

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    WhittledownWhittledown Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Moonfire Faire swag! Obsidian Hornet rocking her new black Yukata and looking quite fetching.

PPqW4vL.jpg

Whittledown on
    DRCdHs6.jpg?1
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Dance party!

kkvkaz5ys841.jpg

• Options
    naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    dQgl0TP.jpg

Why yes, I am a giant ham.

• Options
    Man, even that NPC got into the swing of it!

• Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    Moonfire Faire swag! Obsidian Hornet rocking her new black Yukata and looking quite fetching.

PPqW4vL.jpg

Does this game have head-scaling? Because that is the tiniest head ever.

• Options
    DesmondPfeifferDesmondPfeiffer The secret diary of- Registered User regular

Correction: that is the biggest body ever, because it's a roe.

The thing that is getting me is I can't tell whether that's muscle definition on bare legs, or creases in pants. Damn cloth like skin tones.

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    That is bare legs. And Roegeden are pretty massive.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    Cat girls need a muscle definition slider and then Masha would look like she actually does a bunch of Dragooning and Warrioring.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »
    Cat girls need a muscle definition slider and then Masha would look like she actually does a bunch of Dragooning and Warrioring.

Hell, with all the dancing cat-girls do you'd think they'd be toned as fuck by now. :P

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I thought dragooning involved a lot of laying down on the job.

• Options
    No, from my ST experiences lately, that's paladins trying to ignore mechanics.

• Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular

Correction: that is the biggest body ever, because it's a roe.

The thing that is getting me is I can't tell whether that's muscle definition on bare legs, or creases in pants. Damn cloth like skin tones.

Call it whatever you like, but the head just seems way too small for the body.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Could be the angle of the shot? For reference here is my Hellgirl.

sGXnrIO.png

tdpSV9N.png

KCs4Upf.jpg

edit- To counter all the Hellgirl awesomeness, here are some Lalafells.

pJpXptR.png

eiY4qwC.png

KObauLg.jpg

wosyeI6.png

Axen on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Dashui wrote: »
    Those ArchAge screenshots are tempting me. Is that where everyone has moved onto, or just back to Final Fantasy 14? WildStar is feeling a little empty. I'm having a difficult time even finding random pugs for general group quests.

ibrR3AtwUpmlJb.jpg

Wildstar is feeling empty already? I'd like to get back into it, but I just don't have enough time right now to justify a mmo sub fee.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    PA guild on FFXIV is always active. In fact the PA guild is (somehow) usually ranked either 1st or 2nd on our server and friggin 8th out of the entire game.

We tend to keep busy. :P

• Options
    edited August 2014
    I was wandering around in Yynstere's city of Caernord in northern Haranya in Archeage tonight after helping Arthil with another trade run, this time to the oddly Nuian city state on the northern edge of the eastern continent. After spending time in Ming China Vilanelle for a while, it was quite a shift of cultures to come to a city that looks like it belongs in Denmark.

I happened upon a theatre in the town square and went inside. Here sat before me on the stage 3 instruments; a drum set and two grand pianos. I decided to sit at the middle one and do some playing.

Wac37Ck.jpg

It's just simple musical keys, no manual use of the middle keys or the foot brakes, but Arthil informs me that you can in fact, using sheet music in game and some kind of special file directory in the game files, upload your own music to the game and then use instruments like this piano to play it in the game. So someone could pull out some Mozart, stick it in a file somehow, and bang that shit out in this big theatre for all the world to hear and enjoy. Apparently in the release versions of the game and the NA alpha, it's already been done. Concerts and shit have apparently been a thing, especially in the Nuian capital of Marianople.

My mind thought it a simple thing at first, this theatre and piano and it's delightful little keys, but when I imagined all that was possible and could come out of a state of affairs like this as I plonked on the keys of this piano and listened to them echo down the halls, it blew my mind a little. I can actually do this here in this MMO for other people to enjoy. And it is just music, but it represents a lot more life that once again this game is capable of delivering on, if you're willing to put in the effort. And that makes me happy.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    LotRO had a similar system. I downloaded a bunch of songs to play on my Bard. I'd lure people in with good music, then play stupid things like Dragonforce in the inn/bar-whatever in Bree.

imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
  • Options
    I'd have stuck around because that would be pretty impressive to pull off with just a lute.

• Options
    4Y4lun.jpg

• Options
    Guys am I doin it rite

zJrJPwT.jpg

This is how to play the lute

I added a harp onto mine, you know, for the extra strings

• Options
    But can you make it double as a bow?

f4hwjfqje0mq.jpg

• Options
    Ah, the axequiverswordbow. A classic staple of the Final Fantasy series.

• Options
    I think the Harpbow is amazing.

• Options
    Each arrow plays a beautiful melody when fired.

I dunno, I'm pretty sure my DnD group would rather have the +1 magic bow instead.

• Options
    That is a +1 magic harp bow.

• Options
    IZbbky.jpg

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Yukira wrote: »
    That is a +1 magic harp bow.

Ooh, that won't do then. Give 'em too much at once and before you know it they're killing Vecna with their level 1 kobolds.

This +2 cursed greatsword of self-immolation works, though. Admiral Star Burst is the one demonstrating - his lungs have exploded so he only has another round or so to live, but check out that sweet +2 bonus!

sMnJZiU.jpg

naengwen on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    anoffday wrote: »
    Dashui wrote: »

http://i6.minus.com/ibrR3AtwUpmlJb.jpg

Wildstar is feeling empty already? I'd like to get back into it, but I just don't have enough time right now to justify a mmo sub fee.

I use to compete for quest objectives not too long ago, and dungeon queues were generally quick. Now there's hardly anyone around. My new character is low level, though, but it feels like new players aren't buying into the game. It's a desolate wasteland in those early levels. It doesn't help that the guild seems to have emptied, too. All the guild officers save for one haven't been on in weeks.

I may have to jump back into Final Fantasy XIV. I see all these screenshots of everyone playing together and I feel like I'm missing out. I think my Paladin is around item level 68.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    wait Archeage has player justice?

But other players in MMOs are basically walking youtube comments

that sounds like the most horrible thing imaginable

• Options
    Archeage justice system = global channel gets spammed with 1 person trying to RP a court session while the others scream for, and get, max sentence possible for the crime. Amusement aside it could functionally be replaced with "if caught -> give highest possible sentence".

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Whoops. Forgot to stop casting in time.

40lutIc.jpg

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png