As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Bayonetta 1&2] bayo 1 out on steam in 4K! Buy it or else

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I can spoils you with the endgame stuffs if you want.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    spoilers: bayonetta wins and looks fabulous doing so

am i psychic/do i win a prize

• Options
    Its like you're in my mind and you know already.

• Options
    where is my goddamn prize

also holy shit

15084082.jpg

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »

I'll play Tag Climax with you when it comes out :D

• Options
    i don't even know what that is and it sounds like i will need a box of tissues

but yes

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »

Note to self:
    Do not say this sentence around people who do not understand the context of it, because it could easily be misinterpreted.

• Options
    Taramoor wrote: »

Note to self:
    Do not say this sentence around people who do not understand the context of it, because it could easily be misinterpreted.

unless that is the exact effect you are hoping for

• Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I only looked at some parts of the first mission and I gotta say it has already outdone the first game in terms of epic craziness.

I'm mostly impressed at how seamlessly they're capable of transitioning from one part of the fight to another via scripted animations without even needing camera cuts. I don't think I've ever seen a game do such things as smoothly as that.

For example
    That whole segment where the angel monster is chasing you on the train holding on by the tip of it's apendage and you hit it until it lets go, falls on the tracks and roll, then jumps right back at you... it's just so beautiful, so fluid.

It's like I can'tsee the mechanics working behind the game; just the cool shit happening before my eyes. Other games would have camera cuts, or some jerk on the transition between the animations. But not this one.

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options

but yes

It's the online Co-Op Mode where you pick different characters, Bayonetta, Jean, or Rodin probably more to be unlocked to.

Then you pick from various cards that each represent a preset group of enemies and bosses, each costing Halos to use.

Then you wager how Halos against just how badass you think you are. The more you wager, the more Halos you win, but the harder the enemies will become.

Then you fight the set together cooperatively.

• Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    I can't wait till some Tag Climax combo videos come out. Shit will be so real.

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular

but yes

It's the online Co-Op Mode where you pick different characters, Bayonetta, Jean, or Rodin probably more to be unlocked to.

Then you pick from various cards that each represent a preset group of enemies and bosses, each costing Halos to use.

Then you wager how Halos against just how badass you think you are. The more you wager, the more Halos you win, but the harder the enemies will become.

Then you fight the set together cooperatively.
    But you're also competing for points, and the player with more points gets bonus halos at the end of the mission.

• Options
    Luckily, I will have Hyrule Warriors to distract me so I don't watch the entirety of Bayo 2 before I play any of it.

• Options
    MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    So hard to resist but I want it to be a surprise!

Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I don't really care about the online coop cos I live in Australia.
    I have 0.73 upload speed.
    It's not happening.

If there isn't local coop of any kind, even system link, then honestly its basically a japan only design. A massive amount of japanese homes enjoy FTTH. It wont work very well anywhere without FTTH. Maybe somewhere equally small like the british isles, I dunno if they have FFTH tho.

Even if I hooked up to someone down the road here, there would still be noticeable lag.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    It's not happening.

If there isn't local coop of any kind, even system link, then honestly its basically a japan only design. A massive amount of japanese homes enjoy FTTH. It wont work very well anywhere without FTTH. Maybe somewhere equally small like the british isles, I dunno if they have FFTH tho.

Even if I hooked up to someone down the road here, there would still be noticeable lag.

fibre is really really common in the uk

u r forgettin that australian intertubes is even more terorism than u imagine

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    you wanna know something wrong

i know someone in perth with nbn ffth

PERTH

I live in the middle of fucking sydney, there are several blocks just over there that have FTTH and I don't.

Grrr.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    It's not happening.

It is, but you still get some criminal service like only being given 5-10mbs of upload on a 100 line.
    I'M NOT BITTER ABOUT MY INTERNET CONNECTION NO SIR.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    It's not happening.

It is, but you still get some criminal service like only being given 5-10mbs of upload on a 100 line.
    I'M NOT BITTER ABOUT MY INTERNET CONNECTION NO SIR.

the fuck...

Morninglord on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

PERTH

I live in the middle of fucking sydney, there are several blocks just over there that have FTTH and I don't.

Grrr.

um perth is a very important city it is the capital of western australia how dare u cast aspersions on its sweg potential i am very disapoint

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    KriegaffeKriegaffe Registered User regular
    Woo I got NBN! Yay Palmerston ACT!

Anyway, I was kinda hoping for local coop. Even if it was just the W101 style challenge fights.

• Options
    edited September 2014

PERTH

Grrr.

um perth is a very important city it is the capital of western australia how dare u cast aspersions on its sweg potential i am very disapoint

clearly you've never lived there

i did

(I was born and lived in WA until I was 24)

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited September 2014

PERTH

Grrr.

i did

false

i have not only lived there

but... i am perth irl

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

PERTH

Grrr.

i did

false

but... i am perth irl

im possible

you don't close at 5

• Options

PERTH

Grrr.

i did

false

but... i am perth irl

im possible

you don't close at 5

So it's an imperthonater?

• Options
    Calvin_Hobbes-300x161.jpg

• Options
    Our Fly Me to the Moon replacement. I approve. Perfect Fit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV1QkXlAns0

• Options
    I get a very Sonic the Hedgehog vibe from that.

I wonder how many other songs with "Moon" in the title they considered before settling on that one.

I mean, listening to the lyrics right now it actually works indescribably well with the plot and ideas behind the game... Two drifters, etc. it might be more perfect than I gave it credit for when I saw the title.

• Options
    Taramoor wrote: »

PERTH

Grrr.

i did

false

but... i am perth irl

im possible

you don't close at 5

So it's an imperthonater?

omfg

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    ITS SO BEAUTIFUL

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edge gave bayo2 10/10

famitsu 38/40

i believe in u bayochan

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Chain Chomp weapon gameplay, and Mario Hat and Mustache.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99nc6tHDbLw

• Options
    PoseidonPoseidon Registered User regular
    I hope this one isn't easier than the prequel considering change of platform and stuff.

• Options
    They've added a touch screen combat option for a lower difficulty that kind of auto-combos much like the Marionette from the first game.

But there's no reason it would be any easier overall 'just because' it's on the Wii U.

• Options
    Poseidon wrote: »
    I hope this one isn't easier than the prequel considering change of platform and stuff.

ive heard some weird stuff

final difficulty, infinite climax, appears to have witch time?

the combo repetition penalty has been nixed/changed

some enemies have strange hit reactions - they seem to have added a fourth medium-heavy weight class with some strange juggling properties

we shall see

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    The centaur type enemies can also combo break you if you attack them from the front and cannot be launched more than once.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Non-stop climax having witch time will make Morninglord happy I think

I dunno how I feel about it htough

I beat that shit without time powers and felt like a god; maybe they make up for it by going all Heaven or Hell with it

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Bayos whole schtick was witch time and dodge offset.

I really didn't like that they removed it completely. Make it harder to trigger (bat within only or something), reduce the duration, whatever, but don't remove the damn thing.

Dante didn't get half his powers removed in DMD.

It was a bad decision.

I do not care about all a yas stockholm syndromes, so don't bother.

edit: I have a couple of examples I thought of to show that the game is clearly designed around witch time.

Example 1: Whip. It's got a grab attack that will work on any enemy in witch time. To use it in NSIC you either equip the witch time generating accessory or don't use that attack. The grab opens up a much faster combo with an aoe weave, so essentially to use the whip in NSIC you must use this accessory.

Example 2:

Moon Khala counters. Quite a few of them straight up don't work in NSIC. The best example is the gunchucks, sai fong.

On a moon khala just frame counter attack, she winds up and does the one inch punch. Yes that punch. Bruce lees one inch punch. It's awesome.

Without witch time the knock back from the counter pushes them out of range of this punch. It will always whiff.

Another one is the whip again: the whip moon khala counter attack takes forever. It's a waste of time.

The sword works because its obscenely fast and a couple of others work because they're also extremely fast and or have some other attribute (rockets for example), but all the rest of the weapons suffer greatly.

If you are using the gunchucks forget about mk counters. It's useless.

It would have been a really simple fix too: give it just enough witch time to land the attack and no more.

Oh and one last example: character differences. Jeanne is best at NSIC. Her disadvantage of no witch time when dodging is irrelevant and she has better weaves for offset. Bayonetta is straight up worse than Jeane at NSIC.

Which is silly.

Games called Bayonetta.

So yes, I'm very happy that they appear to be putting work into properly integrating the witch time mechanic instead of throwing up their hands and turning it off.
    The centaur type enemies can also combo break you if you attack them from the front

Plenty of bayonetta 1 enemies will parry you from the front mid combo.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Who on earth are you trying to convince here

dN0T6ur.png