As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Rock Band]: 4 has been announced! Out this year!

ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
edited March 2015 in Games and Technology

[COLOR="Orange]Feb 17 DLC[/COLOR]

Available on Xbox 360 and PlayStation®3 system (February 17th, 2015):

• Tenacious D – “Rize Of The Fenix”
• Weezer – “Back To The Shack”

Price:
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU per song

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system February 17th)

ROCK BAND HARMONIES PROJECT - 360 Only

Some people are legally adding in harmonies to pre-RB3 tracks, pro drums to old RBN tracks and a few other nifty things! Read all about it here.

ROCK BAND BLITZ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MeUvHz1rZc

The game will feature 25 new songs (see the first five songs announced below) that will also be playable in Rock Band 3. It will be available via Xbox Live (Aug 29, 2012) and Playstation Network (Aug 28, 2012). It is important to note that this single player game is played via standard controllers ONLY (no peripheral usage), and will incorporate ALL existing Rock Band and Rock Band Network DLC.

• The All-American Rejects – “Kids in the Street”
• Avenged Sevenfold – “So Far Away”
• Barenaked Ladies – “One Week”
• Blink-182 – “Always”
• Collective Soul – “Shine”
• Elton John – “I’m Still Standing”
• Fall Out Boy – “A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More ‘Touch Me’”
• Foo Fighters – “These Days”
• Foster the People – “Pumped Up Kicks”
• Fun. ft. Janelle Monáe – “We Are Young”
• Great White – “Once Bitten Twice Shy”
• Kelly Clarkson – “Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You)”
• Kool & The Gang – “Jungle Boogie”
• Iron Maiden – “The Wicker Man”
• Living Colour – “The Cult of Personality”
• Maroon 5 – “Moves Like Jagger”
• My Chemical Romance – “Sing”
• P!nk – “Raise Your Glass”
• Queen – “Death on Two Legs”
• Quiet Riot – “Metal Health (Bang Your Head)”
• Shinedown – Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom)”
• Soundgarden – “Spoonman”
• Red Hot Chili Peppers – “Give It Away”
• Rick Springfield – “Jessie’s Girl”
• Tears for Fears – “Shout”

Rock Band Blitz is scheduled for release on PlayStation®Network on August 28th for $14.99 and Xbox LIVE Arcade on August 29th for 1200 MS Points. For the latest assets, including screenshots and the game logo, please visit http://www.rockband.com/press/blitz.

ROCK BAND 2 EXPORT
It is a 1.93 GB Rock Band 2 export for the $9.99 export fee, we get all the songs minus these:

AC/DC – Let There Be Rock
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Give It Away
Journey – Any Way You Want It
Metallica – Battery
Soundgarden – Spoonman

Also missing these nine Harmonix band songs but you download these separately via the Music Store for free (no keys/harmonies/pro-guitar charts):
Abnormality – Visions
Anarchy Club – Get Clean
Bang Camaro – Night Lies
Breaking Wheel – Shoulder to the Plow
Libyans – Welcome to the Neighborhood
The Main Drag – A Jagged Gorgeous Winter
Speck – Conventional Lover
The Sterns – Supreme Girl
That Handsome Devil – Rob the Prez-O-Dent

Additionally, the following songs are missing/unplayable in Rock Band 3 currently:

Rock Band DLC
Oasis - Rock and Roll Star (Unable to license EU RB2 export & NA DLC)
Die Toten Hosen - Hier Kommt Alex (Unable to license EU RB2 export & NA DLC)

FYREWULFF EXPLAINS HOW YOU CAN HAVE A BIG FAT DLC LIBRARY ON THE CHEAP

FREE STUFF
The following songs are available for free download via the Rock Band Music Store for the PS3, 360, and the Wii (those not on the Wii are noted):
  • "Still Alive" by GLaDOS and Jonathan Coulton
  • "Promised Land" by Vesuvius *not on the Wii*
  • "Charlene (I'm Right Behind You)" by Stephen and the Colberts *not on the Wii*
  • "Headphones On" by Miranda Cosgrove
  • "Dreaming of Love" by Lights Resolve
  • "Am I Crazy" by Little Fish

If you purchased Rock Band 2 brand spanking new, you are entitled to an additional 20 free tracks, mostly from Indie bands. Check the back of the manual for instructions. The code is a one time use. The pack includes:
"Ashes to Fire" by Ghost Hounds
"Bounce" by the Cab
"Burn You Down" by Opiate for the Masses
"Crazy Tuesday" by Thenewno2
"Database Corrupted" by Dealership
"Desperate Times, Desperate Measures" by Underoath
"Get It On" by the Chevelles
"Give It to Me" by the Cocktail Slippers
"I Wanna Be Your Man" by Endeverafter
"I'm Gone, I'm Going" by Lesley Roy
"I.V." by X Japan
"If I Ain't Got You" by the Len Price 3
"Like a Fool" by Shaimus
"Magnetic Baby" by Semi Precious Weapons
"No Regrets" by Authority Zero
"Prequel to the Sequel" by Between the Buried and Me
"Sons and Daughters" by the 88
"The Feeling" by Kutless
"The Time Is Wrong" by Tickle Me Pink
"Young" by Hollywood Undead

HARMONIX PODCAST
The podcast is linked up on the 'Zine page of the RockBand.com page. Subscribe via iTunes

DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT
Rock Band DLC list via WikiPedia

Albums available for download so far:
Screaming for Vengeance by Judas Priest
The Cars by the Cars
Doolittle by the Pixies
Peace Sells...But Who's Buying by Megadeth
Moving Pictures by Rush
Blood Sugar Sex Magick by the Red Hot Chili Peppers
Dr. Feelgood by Mötley Crüe
The Colour and the Shape by the Foo Fighters
The Singles 1992-2003 by No Doubt
Texas Flood by Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble
Ten by Pearl Jam
Chinese Democracy by Guns 'n Roses
Nothing's Shocking by Jane's Addiction
Back from the Dead by Spinal Tap
Backspacer by Pearl Jam
Rust in Peace by Megadeth
Axis: Bold as Love by the Jimi Hendrix Experience
Tragic Kingdom by No Doubt (also Deep Cuts version for those that bought the Singles)
British Steel 30th Anniversary by Judas Priest
The Great Southern Trendkill by Pantera
Legend by Bob Marley & the Wailers
Are You Experienced? by the Jimi Hendrix Experience
Imagine by John Lennon
London Calling by the Clash

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
Arikado on

• ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, OP could use a few udpates. I'll get on that tomorrow. Continuing from the last thread:
    Wooooooooow

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqaskL0yRMGBdHF0VUVCaHBITUI1cS1KaGpBejBmTlE&pli=1#gid=1

Summary: Project to add harmonies to existing songs in the RB back catalog. Requires no piracy or console flashing to use (but is still sort of technically involved). It uses the same upgrade file format that Harmonix introduced to add Pro Guitar support to DLC. They've currently got 165 songs updated, including every on-disc song from prior titles. They are also fixing things like pro drum support in early RBN tracks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f43DS3UOxEQ&feature=youtu.be

From what I've seen in the videos, it looks pretty interesting. I'm gonna give it a shot and set it up this weekend. I know when I introduce people to harmonies at gatherings, there's always someone who wants to go duet/harmonize on some older tracks and get a bit disappointed that they don't get their own track.

Also, omg so many talkies will get fixed...

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    There's a way to sort by harmonies/no harmonies, right?

Yeah, but not every person out there is Rock Band or spreadsheet literate and I also can't be babysitting my setup all night long.

I know, it's crazy that people like that exist out there. D:

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    My problem with that is that either people don't know the harmonies or EVERYONE tries to sing lead/what they know.

newSig.jpg
    I don't think I've bothered doing harmonies for score since TBRB so usually I don't mind people switching lanes. :P

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Yeah, the only time I even think about which lane I'm in are the stuff where it's very obvious how to harmonize it, like the "ah" part in Twist and Shout.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    At least there's no penalty for everybody singing the same lane.

I haven't been able to have a Rock Band party since I moved into our new apartment. Hell, I haven't even had my drums out since then. I miss it.

• FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2013
    It's definitely a good way to get good scores on non-harmonized songs. At least it -feels- like it's easy to fill up the pie if everyone is singing on a lead-only song.

Also when you notice everyone is singing lead anyway, so you try to jump out to the harmonies, then you remember you have the lead singer mic so it magnetizes you to lead anyway

When I stopped at @EvilBadman 's house for a bit on my way out of PAX last year, we had some fun trying to sing harmonies on songs.

I wish there was some way to sing them over Live co-operatively.

FyreWulff on
  • EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    Also when you notice everyone is singing lead anyway, so you try to jump out to the harmonies, then you remember you have the lead singer mic so it magnetizes you to lead anyway

Is that true?

• espherespher NB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Of all the videos to pick, you picked the non-tidied up Dani California video... ;)

Hi folks. I'm espher, the project lead and primary author for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project. I popped open the spreadsheet to throw in a progress update and do some more tidying, and I saw a large volume of concurrent users. Wondering where the influx came from, I did some Googling for recent mentions/results and got pointed here (and to the NeoGAF RB thread), so I suppose I should say thanks for both your interest in the project (and the traffic). :)

To clarify on the legality thing, I'm using "legally nebulous" since this project is more or less the result of a bunch of different reverse-engineering projects and liberal experimentation to get custom content of this nature working within the Rock Band 3 engine on an unmodified console. It piggy-backs on existing downloadable content files, so we aren't distributing Harmonix's DLC or making modifications to Microsoft's signed packages or anything of that nature. Of all of the custom projects out there, this one is probably the cleanest, but I'm not going to say "YEP TOTALLY LEGIT NO WORRIES" when I'm not absolutely certain on the topic.

The release pattern is generally approximately ten disc/DLC tracks and two RBN songs per release. Submitted RBN pro drum upgrades will be released alongside those and do not count against the total (I'm trying to stick to about five of those at a time, since verifying the songs does add a bit to the workload).

Since there's been some confusion over what, exactly, this project is going to be adding/tweaking with songs, I wanted to provide a specific list:

* Harmony upgrades for pre-RB3 disc and DLC content that have harmony/multiple vocal parts (Lego: Rock Band is about twenty songs away). The plan is to hit everything pre-RB3.
    * Harmony upgrades and/or pro drum upgrades for select RBN tracks (perhaps all of them, eventually).
    * Fixes for songs with broken parts (this includes broken talkies, the infamous Next to You blue drum note, and recent errors like the Sum 41 lyrics-on-wrong-note or duplicate displayed note things). I don't have a full list, so broken parts will need to be pointed out to me for repair.
    * The project will not be doing things that will impact scoring, like adding solo markers and trill lanes to old songs, unless it's to fix something that is broken.

I frequently get content requests, either via e-mail, via PMs elsewhere, or via comments on the YouTube channel. Note that requests are fine, but keep the following in mind: one, I'm charting the vast majority of these solo; two, there is a hell of a lot of upgradeable content, and a hell of a lot of good upgradeable content, so I'm more or less already buried on options; three, after this release (The Cars + The Offspring + 3 RBN), there will be one more (tentatively Dr. Feelgood + 2 RBN), and then I'll be jumping into Lego: Rock Band, so we'll be away from DLC for a little while; four, the fastest way to get what you want is to chart it yourself and submit it to me -- if you chart 1-2 songs off an album, you might even convince me to do the rest since I want to release packs and albums together.

I think that's probably enough of a rambly summary of what you can expect. I apologize in advance for the confusing and cumbersome instructions -- the steps I take don't seem to work for everyone, so we're constantly refining trying to find the "works for everyone perfectly" approach, but I haven't had a chance to sit down and flesh out some nice, formal instructions. The same goes for the "Contribution Guide", which is definitely a non-edited/non-polished summary of all the things you need to do to get a functional upgrade chart to contribute. The project is going into its... wow, ninth month, huh... but it's still an ever-evolving work in progress.

Thanks again for your interest and support, and hopefully we can get through it all before a C&D lands in my lap. ;)

Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project
    edited February 2013
    Edit: I was sure I only hit submit once but apparently it double-posted. :3

espher on
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for stopping by, @espher. I actually heard about your project via Dan Teasdale on twitter, and am frankly blown away by how much you've been able to do. Keep up the good work!

Dehumanized on
    Oh yeah, Dani California doesn't do the project justice. This one does. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_Mlg-bSG8c

• fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    Wow, that is impressive, great work.

Ooo new RB thread. I've been neglecting RB due to where I've been living the last few months. Moving again in a couple of weeks, can't wait to have pro drum space again, and folks to RB party with :)

fragglefart.jpg
    edited February 2013
    Endaro wrote: »

Is that true?

If you have the normal 'lead' arrow for your mic and a harmony part is either really close to the lead or overlaid on top, the game will give you credit only for the lead and slightly magnetize you to that lead line. Harmonies is a bit looser on the vocal accuracy like that.

If there's enough separation then you can sing the harmony while the others to lead with the lead mic and get Awesomes.

FyreWulff on
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for stopping by, @espher. I actually heard about your project via Dan Teasdale on twitter, and am frankly blown away by how much you've been able to do. Keep up the good work!

I hadn't caught that last night. That's pretty awesome. I do want to mention (since I didn't in the last post) that the "guest contributors" to the project have all put out some fantastic work, including upgrades for some of the more popular releases out there (Evanescence's "Bring Me to Life", the Simon & Garfunkel tracks, and the not-previously-upgraded Queen songs among them). They do good work, and it puts less pressure on me to chart going into a release, so they deserve just as many accolades for doing the work and doing it right.

Also, in my experience, @FyreWulff is spot on with the harmonies thing. There's preferential selection for the mics depending on which arrow they've been assigned to, including a little bit of "snapping" and pushing you to the "right" vocal for your microphone (e.g. if HARM1 sings B2 and HARM2 sings B3, if you're on the lead mic and singing a B (regardless of octave) you'll get snapped to B2).

espher on
    The vocal track snapping is more prevalent when you're in all instruments mode, I have found.

I'm tempted to actually install the Harmonies project now. Also, I like that you've elected to keep the scoring the same so people that use it aren't obvious on leaderboards.

Actually, wouldn't you technically score lower with a pro drum upgraded RBN song? I seem to remember cymbals are worth more, so converting them to proper toms would result in less possible points.

• quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    I'm tempted to actually install the Harmonies project now. Also, I like that you've elected to keep the scoring the same so people that use it aren't obvious on leaderboards.

Actually, wouldn't you technically score lower with a pro drum upgraded RBN song? I seem to remember cymbals are worth more, so converting them to proper toms would result in less possible points.

Pro Drums itself is worth more than normal Drums. As long as you select Pro Drums and I believe enable all cymbals, every note is worth the same, no matter whether its a cymbal or tom. So the upgraded songs shouldn't be any different score wise.

I found out my spare HDD is dying a slow death so I can't set up the RB Harmonies Project thing today. It'll have to wait until later this week.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Gentlemen, the inevitable has happened. April 2 will be the last DLC update for Rock Band.

http://www.rockband.com/blog/rock-band-announcement-new-dlcreleases-ending-in-april

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    edited February 2013
    It's official. Harmonix hates everyone who has ever supported Rock Band ever.

DLC stops after April 2

It's the end of an era. Sad, but obviously the writing was on the walls. It's been a hell of a run

quovadis13 on
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    It was a great run. I wonder who will be the last artist? It'd be awesome if they could bookend it with Metallica but I ain't holding my breath.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    edited February 2013
    We have DLC scheduled through the next few weeks, including what we feel is an appropriate track for the final release on April 2nd.

Cue rampant speculation on what the track might be. "The End" by The Doors?

RIP Rock Band weekly DLC. 275 weeks of consecutive releases is more than anyone possibly could have hoped for.

Dehumanized on
  • EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    :(. I wonder if this will be our last Rock Band thread.

edited February 2013
    I hope the last track is the sad hulk music.

The only other track I can think of that would have been perfect would have been Free Bird.

FyreWulff on
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    How about God Gave Rock n Roll to You II by Kiss?

Oh - or American Pie by Don McLean.

• herojoeherojoe IndianapolisRegistered User regular
    Hold the phone. RBN releases are still happening.

Only on Xbox. :-(((((((

steam_sig-400.png
    It's Only Rock And Roll (But I Like It)

Or, full-on moon-made-of-cheese mode, last week they give us all the Beatles songs for Rock Band 3.

I'd be fine with a re-released The End by The Beatles as the last song.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Fucking April Fool's...

The Forums should be a blast when I get home.

The last song is clearly going to be by Pink-Led Muse-tallica-eatles Dream-U-Tool-Theater

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it will not be a Muse song. Or maybe it will, who knows!

There's an U2 missing in your joke.
    But oh God I so wish they'd fulfill those. Alas it wasn't meant to be.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    It's there. Read it again. Aloud.

Maybe... Hey Hey My My (Into The Black) for the last week?

Ah...damn. You're right as always Santa. I hope the next few weeks include at least another "big" pack at least.

Pretty much all of March is new stuff. Whatever it is, it won't be good enough.

I'd laugh if the last song was a Muse song