As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Android on a Nook?

PeenPeen Registered User regular
My wife's got a Nook HD+ and since they pushed the latest updates it's been twitchy as hell. I know you can get stock Android onto it, I found the N2A cards, but is there a cheaper/free way to get Android?

• Options
    wmelonwmelon Registered User regular
    I've been researching this myself. So far all I've found is that there are ways to run cyanogenmod off of a microsd card, but not anyway to replace the stock operating system. If you come across anything I'd love to hear about it.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I put Android on my Nook Touch and yeah, it only adds on to it, not overwrites the default OS. Sadly I think there is too much of the hardware tied into the B&N OS for anyone to bother figuring out how to remove it completely.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    try here
    this thread specifically if you're thinking about moving away from stock and running cyanogenmod off the internal memory

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Thanks!