As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Arrested [chat]velopment

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Tav wrote: »
    fuck anyone who says anything about s4 outside of spoilers

I added a warning to the OP.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Cass, clonazepam might be a thing you'd want to look at if ativan is too much for you. Low doses aren't addictive and if you're having (or about to have) a panic attack, it just... makes it stop. You don't feel stoned or freaked out...

... it just stops happening.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I really should start watching Adventure Time

I can load it up on my work computer even! I have two monitors so there's nothing stopping me!

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    My dog is such a White person in a horror flick sometimes.

"OH, WHAT'S THAT SOUND? COME ON TOKEN MINORITY PAL, LET'S GO INVESTIGATE"

and I'm like "Wiley, calm your shit, let's just stay up here, it's cool. Ain't nothing to worry about"

"NO, I MUST GO SEEEEEEE. AND I DON'T WANT TO GO ALONE. COME WITH ME."

"Ugh, fine."

and then I get murdered.

how do you know your dog is white?

have you shaved it to check?

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    It's one thing to tourniquet a wound to stop blood loss. Watching someone literally lose their mind in front of you because you can't help them just makes you feel worthless as a person. Even though you're not, but that helpless feeling is one of the worst I've ever felt.
    I wish I could agree with this post, like, 20 goddamned times.

I imagine this is what someone with alzheimers feels like as they slowly fade into nonexistence.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    6a010535647bf3970b0148c87c82f6970c-500wi

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Now the story of a wealthy chat thread who lost everything, And the one poster who had no choice but to keep them all together, / It's Arrested [Chat]velopment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYqPs0LInls

If you are not watching this, you should be. season 4 is fucking awesome.

EDIT: Even though this is AD chat, please don't post AD spoilers in here. Especially Season 4. kthxbai!
    "Arrested is unique, because [whether or not it comes back is] really up to the talent," Hastings said during a CNBC interview on Wednesday. "If the talent were willing to do more, and interested in that, I'm sure we would be willing."

So season 5 is a potential thing.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    the work day's gotta be close to being over right

9:48

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Poor you stuck in the past. It's already Saturday here.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »

and I'm like "Wiley, calm your shit, let's just stay up here, it's cool. Ain't nothing to worry about"

"Ugh, fine."

and then I get murdered.

She's blonde and I've seen her scalp.

Heifer is White.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I'm rewatching the whole series. Got up to the loose seal episode on my lunch break.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    It's one thing to tourniquet a wound to stop blood loss. Watching someone literally lose their mind in front of you because you can't help them just makes you feel worthless as a person. Even though you're not, but that helpless feeling is one of the worst I've ever felt.
    I wish I could agree with this post, like, 20 goddamned times.

I imagine this is what someone with alzheimers feels like as they slowly fade into nonexistence.

I watched my grandmother's mind fade over the years with nothing that could be done, and I was in a long term relationship with someone who had issues that I could not solve.

Both were harrowing and awful experiences, because there is nothing that makes you feel less powerful.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I am finding S4 to be tough to follow initially, though I am sort of watching half on autopilot. The
    George Sr.
    episodes especially

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Now the story of a wealthy chat thread who lost everything, And the one poster who had no choice but to keep them all together, / It's Arrested [Chat]velopment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYqPs0LInls

If you are not watching this, you should be. season 4 is fucking awesome.

EDIT: Even though this is AD chat, please don't post AD spoilers in here. Especially Season 4. kthxbai!
    "Arrested is unique, because [whether or not it comes back is] really up to the talent," Hastings said during a CNBC interview on Wednesday. "If the talent were willing to do more, and interested in that, I'm sure we would be willing."

So season 5 is a potential thing.

I think the writers were originally like, this is totally a one-off thing but netflix was all like, nope, we will totally do more.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    I am finding S4 to be tough to follow initially, though I am sort of watching half on autopilot. The
    George Sr.
    episodes especially
    Tobias for me. That guy is just so...fucking..hopeless.

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular

"Ugh, fine."

and then I get murdered.

Heifer is White.

in that case

'CISM

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Cass, clonazepam might be a thing you'd want to look at if ativan is too much for you. Low doses aren't addictive and if you're having (or about to have) a panic attack, it just... makes it stop. You don't feel stoned or freaked out...

Basically the problem I have with Ativan is that for a while I was really addicted to it and it led up to a suicide attempt with the stuff

Now every time I take it, even when I have been clean of the stuff for months, my brain goes YESSSSSSSS GIVE ME MORE

and it completely wipes parts of my memory, like I will just open my desk drawer and take an Ativan with no recollection

which sends my brain into a tizzy of MORE MORE GIVE ME MORE

So yeah

I'mma look into that shit

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Tav wrote: »
    I'm rewatching the whole series. Got up to the loose seal episode on my lunch break.

yeah i am trying to work my way through it again also

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Every time I hear about clonopin or ambien or any sleep drug and people doing weird things, I find it kind of terrifying. Sleepwalking is so freaky to me.

My girlfriend used to see this amorphic black blob that would follow her around, and she said it was telling her to do things when she was on ambien.

Her doctor didn't believe her so I had to hide her pills because she has this fear of not following her doctor's orders (since it was lorded over here that if she didn't, she might not get a transplant and be stuck on dialysis forever). Thankfully she was on the smallest dose and had no withdrawal.

Whoa. I've also heard stories similar to that. Well for her it was that if she gets up for any reason and she starts seeing black blurs it terrified her because she knew she'd start sleepwalking.

She used to sit at the head of our bed and just rock and stare at the door so he couldn't "get her" IIRC. It was weird.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

my

thoughts

exactly

There is nothing scarier to me than weird sleep type disorders. I don't know why. I generally have no problems with sleep and have never been in a relationship with someone who had problems like that.

I read an article about a guy whose boyfriend would wake up and just not mentally be there at all. He would have these weird night terrors and do shit around the house and start yelling and throwing things at him and yelling at him to get out. He described the way the guy would look at him and he was just staring straight through him utterly without recognition. Like his boyfriend didn't even see him as a human in that state. Eventually the boyfriend killed himself during one of these incidents and the guy had to call the cops and try to explain that he had no idea what had happened.

Aaaaaahhhhhhh

I watched the clip of that horror movie where the couple has the house with all the cameras where the wife gets up and just stands there for an hour by the bed, totally unconscious. My skin was crawling.

• Options
    George Sr.
    episodes especially
    Stop. Look. Listen.

don't browse the web or do work while you are watching; you will miss so much.

These episodes are more dense with shit that gets referenced later (or is a reference of old jokes from ten years ago) than the original series ever was.

The payoff makes the attention you give it worth it.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    qJv8O30.jpg

poo
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Id love to watch adventure time at work but people stealth into my cubicle and ask whatchadoooiin a lot

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    is my wallpaper

poo
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I'd forgotten how brilliantly awful they were towards Ann.

• Options
    qJv8O30.jpg

every time I see a retina iPhone/iPad screenshot on my iMac it blows me away how many pixels we can pack into such a small screen nowadays.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    I really should start watching Adventure Time

I can load it up on my work computer even! I have two monitors so there's nothing stopping me!

man I wouldn't be able to do that shit

AT would wreck any productivity I have

• Options
    Id love to watch adventure time at work but people stealth into my cubicle and ask whatchadoooiin a lot

Dual monitors is civilization, as long as I have a Word doc open I look hella productive

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular

Basically the problem I have with Ativan is that for a while I was really addicted to it and it led up to a suicide attempt with the stuff

Now every time I take it, even when I have been clean of the stuff for months, my brain goes YESSSSSSSS GIVE ME MORE

and it completely wipes parts of my memory, like I will just open my desk drawer and take an Ativan with no recollection

So yeah

You really really really shouldn't be taking benzos if you have a history of addiction and abuse. Like ever if possible.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    George Sr.
    episodes especially

Yeah, it kinda feels like most of what comes before the
    Gob
    episode is really just kind of setting up -- pretty much everything after that is gold.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options

"Ugh, fine."

and then I get murdered.

Heifer is White.

in that case

'CISM

It's not racism if it's true in horror movies

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Carrot, why are you trying to get into a PhD program if you don't have a master's? If you don't have a MA they're going to make you do that first anyway (and probably not let you in in the first place).

Do work on your MA and walk into a full ride PhD, son.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »
    There is a bit of hair in my armpit that seems to be immune to wax.

if they are short and well rooted, let them grow out and then try again.

They aren't short.

That's the weird part.
    So tweezers. There can't be that many.

That got them. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Options
    Every time I hear about clonopin or ambien or any sleep drug and people doing weird things, I find it kind of terrifying. Sleepwalking is so freaky to me.

My girlfriend used to see this amorphic black blob that would follow her around, and she said it was telling her to do things when she was on ambien.

Her doctor didn't believe her so I had to hide her pills because she has this fear of not following her doctor's orders (since it was lorded over here that if she didn't, she might not get a transplant and be stuck on dialysis forever). Thankfully she was on the smallest dose and had no withdrawal.

Whoa. I've also heard stories similar to that. Well for her it was that if she gets up for any reason and she starts seeing black blurs it terrified her because she knew she'd start sleepwalking.

She used to sit at the head of our bed and just rock and stare at the door so he couldn't "get her" IIRC. It was weird.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

my

thoughts

exactly

There is nothing scarier to me than weird sleep type disorders. I don't know why. I generally have no problems with sleep and have never been in a relationship with someone who had problems like that.

I read an article about a guy whose boyfriend would wake up and just not mentally be there at all. He would have these weird night terrors and do shit around the house and start yelling and throwing things at him and yelling at him to get out. He described the way the guy would look at him and he was just staring straight through him utterly without recognition. Like his boyfriend didn't even see him as a human in that state. Eventually the boyfriend killed himself during one of these incidents and the guy had to call the cops and try to explain that he had no idea what had happened.

Aaaaaahhhhhhh

I watched the clip of that horror movie where the couple has the house with all the cameras where the wife gets up and just stands there for an hour by the bed, totally unconscious. My skin was crawling.

It's not unlikely. These kinds of drugs tend to work like ecstasy or meth on some people. It could very well be the boyfriend didn't even realize he was looking at a person, and not, like, a giant spider staring at him.

Or an amorphis black blob telling him stuff.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    you think we want to salt her? it's hard on us, charlie. it's not fair of her to put us through that.

• Options

Dual monitors is civilization, as long as I have a Word doc open I look hella productive

Ugh, if I wasn't on my period, I'd probably cream my pants at the phrase "Dual monitors"

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    ECCXTuP.jpg

When yearbook editors go mad with power

Deebaser on
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

So yeah

clonazepam is nothing like that at all. If you take more than 5mg it'll make you, I dunno chill and sleepy. But that's maybe more to do with the way it annihilates stress. It's hard to say if it's the drug making you sleepy, or you getting sleepy because it's the first time in a week you've actually been able to relax and not freak out about shit.

Then 4hrs later it wears off and you go on about your business, basically reset. If you're dealing with the onset of a panic attack it just puts a lid on that shit within 15m, and then dissolves it until you're back to being OK. No memory loss, no cravings for it, take it as needed.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Desc did you tell me what amp you bought.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Carrot, why are you trying to get into a PhD program if you don't have a master's? If you don't have a MA they're going to make you do that first anyway (and probably not let you in in the first place).

Do work on your MA and walk into a full ride PhD, son.

sometimes you can go BA --> PHD and you just get your MA on the way

I think it's more common in hard science than it is in humanities though

humanities seems to take longer in general for the phd : (

• Options
    evilbob wrote: »

So yeah

You really really really shouldn't be taking benzos if you have a history of addiction and abuse. Like ever if possible.

One would wonder what the ativan was originally for, then. Epilepsy, sleep aid, panic attacks, what?

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    What is the horse smiley?

This discussion has been closed.