As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Can You [chat] Your Way Out of a Bad Situation?

emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
Are you blessed with the gift of gab? Have a silver tongue? Able to talk your way out of hot water? Watch these experts to see how it's done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=714Xl-G5qaI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRKidXDTkzQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l46wI8a4h2Y

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    the PSU is now the noisiest component in this PC but I'm not sure there's anything that can be done about it

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Nope.

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Incredibles 2 must contain lines as good as:

"Don't! Touch! My! Sister!"
    "You keep trying to pick a fight, but I'm still just happy you're alive."
    "United, against, uh, the forces of-" "Pigheadedness." "Really? I was going to say 'evil'."

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Incredibles 2 must contain lines as good as:

"Don't! Touch! My! Sister!"
    "You keep trying to pick a fight, but I'm still just happy you're alive."
    "United, against, uh, the forces of-" "Pigheadedness." "Really? I was going to say 'evil'."

"Where! Is! My! Super! Suit!"

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    And that girl ain't nothing but a crab

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    the PSU is now the noisiest component in this PC but I'm not sure there's anything that can be done about it

There's not anything you can do. Unless you want to submerge it in oil

• Options
    Delmain wrote: »

There's not anything you can do. Unless you want to submerge it in oil

I was thinking of something less dramatic, like re-lubricating the PSU fan, perhaps

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    There's going to be an Incredibles 2?

Squee!

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

Squee!

Wait really? I thought this was a Chinese myth?

• Options

Squee!

There are no concrete plans, no. We're just spitballing because Monsters University came out yesterday

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

HAHAHAHAHA

YOU WILL GO INSANE

ALL

PART

OF

DA

PAN

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

HAHAHAHAHA

YOU WILL GO INSANE

ALL

PART

OF

DA

PAN

keikaku etc.

it's actually now much quieter than when I first set it up, although I question the case's design choices. The powerful PSU-supplied case fans should be in the front, forcing air in, rather than shoveling so much air out through the back and top.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Tamin wrote: »

Squee!

There are no concrete plans, no. We're just spitballing because Monsters University came out yesterday. Christmas is canceled. Santa Claus is dead.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    keikaku etc.

vidya

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    Pub named Bar Rock Obama.

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Monsters University is getting good reviews, so I am glad they aren't continuing their tend of shitty sequels.

Cars is just a shitty movie franchise that prints money.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Monsters University is getting good reviews, so I am glad they aren't continuing their tend of shitty sequels.

The reviews seem kinda tepid to me. It's a great movie for kids, but it borrows heavily from college caper films and coasts on the charms of the first film without breaking new ground.

• Options

HAHAHAHAHA

YOU WILL GO INSANE

ALL

PART

OF

DA

PAN

keikaku etc.

it's actually now much quieter than when I first set it up, although I question the case's design choices. The powerful PSU-supplied case fans should be in the front, forcing air in, rather than shoveling so much air out through the back and top.

Mine gets loud after I dust around my case with compressed air. Goes away after awhile -- presumably once the dust blows out.

Also: I forget sometimes that Stephen Colbert is a Tolkien nerd. Must help him get lots of Street Credits with his core demographic of Stoner Nogoodniks, and probably his secondary core audience of 70s Metal Bands.

http://www.wimp.com/hobbitquestion/

• Options
    edited June 2013
    My fiancee is a huge Doctor Who nerd.

We are getting married in August and having a vaguely Who themed wedding.

I think I am going to buy a brown pinstripe suit and wear that instead of a tux and surprise her with it.

y/n

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    @Kalkino Yeah, my sister and I get into London on the 25th of July and leave on the 29th, although I think only the 26th and 27th would be open for possible festivities.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    so apparently I had a dark blue star trek tng uniform when I was much younger. I have no clear memory of this.

Tamin on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    do any of you bros use dr scholl's or whatever kind of aftermarket insoles

the length is fine (i trimmed them to the appropriate length) but i feel like i have very little vertical space

should i rip out the original insole? shit's glued in there

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited June 2013

The reviews seem kinda tepid to me. It's a great movie for kids, but it borrows heavily from college caper films and coasts on the charms of the first film without breaking new ground.

The first one was just Doc Hollywood, but with cars.

:edit: The first Cars, I mean.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Every insole I've ever used has been meant to replace the insole of the shoe.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    I saw a link to a video about how sexism still exists, but the girl in the video was ugly so I figured she probably didn't have anything worth listening to.

• Options
    I saw a link to a video about how sexism still exists, but the girl in the video was ugly so I figured she probably didn't have anything worth listening to.

It's only sexual harassment if you're not hot.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Hamurabi, in regards to the link you posted last night, it's not the first time that's happened. DC has a long history of promoting Superman via faith based promotion, and there have been various religious leaders from all of the Abrahamic faiths who have used him as a symbol in various sermons. The difference here is really that DC didn't do their usual interfaith approach and just targeted Christians. I'm not sure I'd put the film in the realm of Christ allegory though. There are lots of references and symbols of faith within the film but
    The closest thing you could argue to the death and resurrection would be the death of his innocence in killing Zod. And that's a super weak argument. To me it felt much more as if they they were playing up the Superman as god aspect rather then Superman as Jesus aspect.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Raven, do you think this is a good approximation? (The suit, not the shirt or tie)

Chocolate-brown-pinstripe-3-Button-suit-1-Wool-Super-120s-Worsted-Wool-Pleated-Pants.jpg

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    My fiancee is a huge Doctor Who nerd.

We are getting married in August and having a vaguely Who themed wedding.

I think I am going to buy a brown pinstripe suit and wear that instead of a tux and surprise her with it.

y/n

I would not do that just because someone is a huge Doctor Who nerd.

But if the damn wedding is Doctor Who themed? Damn straight you should do it.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Ugh, I slacked off on doing my vocal exercises this week and my pipes are noticeably less effective.

Cinders on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

What disappointed me was that there were a couple of ideas that could have been interesting if the movie was planned around them, but as is it's a mishmash of stuff, and the fridge logic the nature of the world of Cars provokes is compounded by story elements and at least one joke.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    yeah it seems like it's meant to replace them

the insole's coming out, it's just kind of a cheap foam piece of shit and it's ripping lol

this'll take a while

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Cinders wrote: »
    Ugh, I slacked off on doing my vocal exercises this week and my pipes are noticeably less effective.

Me too.

Fucking

everything aghhh

• Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Hamurabi, in regards to the link you posted last night, it's not the first time that's happened. DC has a long history of promoting Superman via faith based promotion, and there have been various religious leaders from all of the Abrahamic faiths who have used him as a symbol in various sermons. The difference here is really that DC didn't do their usual interfaith approach and just targeted Christians. I'm not sure I'd put the film in the realm of Christ allegory though. There are lots of references and symbols of faith within the film but
    The closest thing you could argue to the death and resurrection would be the death of his innocence in killing Zod. And that's a super weak argument. To me it felt much more as if they they were playing up the Superman as god aspect rather then Superman as Jesus aspect.

I think the Superman story has exactly as much to do with Christianity as you want it to -- that's sort of the nature of open-ended religious reinterpretation.

I'm more fascinated by the Christian Industrial Complex™.

• Options
    Ro0YBfR.jpg

everything old is new again

• Options
    During elementary school, there were a few years where we'd stick some eggs in an incubator and grow us some animals. We mostly did chicks, but also the occasional gosling (those were not of a Ryan nature, I'm afraid). One year we had a premie chick that came out literally assless. I don't know what was going on, but its butt was missing and some of its insides were just hanging out. Despite all that, it lived a very happy life (for a few days). It was the first time I've ever really had to deal with death.

• Options
    Anyway, Kalkino, if you respond to my post be sure to @ me because I'm heading to my parents for the evening.

Later [chat]

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I am watching the third Transformers movie. I don't understand why I am watching it, but I am.

This discussion has been closed.