As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Passover Coca Cola 2007 is out.

• Options
    Solidaritus:Solidaritus: __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Body attempts to compensate extra acidity in the blood from coke by releasing neutralizers from bones.

Solidaritus: on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Body attempts to compensate extra acidity in the blood from coke by releasing neutralizers from bones.

Isn't the stomach already acidic? Why would Coke change that?

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2007
    we already know this.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »

O_o

that acid doesn't leave your stomach in more than tiny amounts.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007

Dude, acid from stomach is not introduced into the blood stream.

If your body has been doing this, you should go to the doctor. Very quickly.

• Options
    stigweardstigweard Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    We have the same thing here, but the only thing different about the bottle is it has a little Kosher sticker on it. I never bothered to read the ingredients though I did have it once a few years ago by accident.

edit: I think the cap might have been yellow instead of white as well.

stigweard on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    The Cat wrote: »

O_o

that acid doesn't leave your stomach in more than tiny amounts.

Well I knew that. I was just asking a stupid question because I'm stupid. Honestly,. I don't really care, so I'm not paying particular attention to what I type.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I've never seen the stuff (not that I've gone looking, mind you). Does the label look different or something? I demand pics!

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    It takes two seconds to find on Google Image search...

• Options
    FinalGamerFinalGamer Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Better be something that's not like fucking Coke Zero, or as I like to call it, McCoke (because it's exactly the same shit they give you in drinks at McDonald's, which is basically normal Coke gone flat).

FinalGamer on
    "Videogames are bad for you? That's what they said about rock 'n' roll." - Shigeru Miyamoto
    dancingmagels1.gif
    Attack
    Magic > Breakdance 2
    Item
    Flee
  • Options
    ege02ege02 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007

Is this what it looks like? That's what google image search gave me. I can't tell.

ege02 on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    ege02 wrote: »

Is this what it looks like? That's what google image search gave me. I can't tell.

Get off of Google China.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 2007
    I didn't find this at the convenience store, a few minutes ago. I call shenanigans!

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007

You are a giant jackass. Like The Day The Earth Stood Still giant...and jackassy.

Crayon on
  • Options
    ShintoShinto __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Elkamil wrote: »
    I didn't find this at the convenience store, a few minutes ago. I call shenanigans!

I second this call of shenanigans.

Do I actually have to go to a grocery store? Really?

Because I will

Shinto on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 2007
    I'm going, too!

As soon as the basketball game is over. If I don't find it, the OP is getting banned.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ShintoShinto __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Suspense!

Shinto on
  • Options
    ege02ege02 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    ege02 wrote: »

Get off of Google China.

I typed "passover coke" into the search box.

Like this.

"Passover Coca Cola 2007" didn't help either.

ege02 on
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Just "passover coca cola" did it for me (no quotes in the search). I haven't seen any with a sticker on them or anything, but the 2L bottles have a yellow cap, with an OU-P logo, and what I'm guessing is "safe for Passover" in Hebrew.

Decent pics of a 2L here.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I think the thing with acid is that bacteria in the mouth will start producing more of it when given sugar, not that the sugar itself is acidic. Brushing helps so the bacteria don't comingle too much on the tooth to drill through it.

Anyways, water won't 'neutralize' acid, only dilute it. Learn yourself some chemistry! The body uses buffers and is fairly effective at mitigating decreases in pH. However, it doesn't have effective buffers against bases, which is why bases tend to be much more deadly than acids if consumed.

I don't drink coke either way so I probably shouldn't be posting here.

Savant on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Elkamil wrote: »
    shenanigans.jpg
    This is the only image I could find without hot chicks or beer. I would post those, but this is my favorite.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    um you can get sugar coke year round just find a mexican store.

for 1.25 cents you can buy 2 liters of mexican coca cola made with sugar.

They've started putting HFCS in that, too.

Oh, and guys, sugar itself is acidic.
    Not as acidic as phosphoric acid or carbonic acid, but still slightly acidic.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So is skin oil.

--

Have they ever figured out if Coke was in fact encouraging violence against unions or whatever that mess was?

I am curious if this Passover Coke is sweetened with pain or not.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    VishNub wrote: »
    The Cat wrote: »
    The acidity in coke isn't from the sugar, its from the phosphoric acid listed in the dang ingredients, and to a lesser extent, carbonic acid formed from the CO2 in the bubbles. And this thread is incredibly silly.

He's knocking my beverage! Next he'll start saying pepsi is healthier!

Pepsi is flavored with pepsin. Makes it kind of hard to take it seriously.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Feral wrote: »

Regular Coke is still being made with Sugar Cane Sugar here in Mexico. Right now they are trying to phase it out with Coca Cola Zero, with the campaign "Same taste, no sugar". But your tongue must be deffective if you can seriously state that Aspartame and those other chems taste like Sugar Cane Sugar.

Joe Camacho MKII on
    steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Did I miss the part of the Torah that says no High Fructose Corn Syrup during Passover or what

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Did I miss the part of the Torah that says no High Fructose Corn Syrup during Passover or what
    How exactly does one translate that into Hebrew, anyway?

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    celery77 wrote: »

puryS nroC esotcurF hgiH

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    celery77 wrote: »

puryS nroC esotcurF hgiH
    Fucking backwards ass Jews.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    electronicmajielectronicmaji __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    no corn products can be consumed during passover as it is not kosher....

electronicmaji on
    Top Weekly Artists
    Electronicmaji.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Corn is kosher, but it's restricted during passover because of concerns that it cannot be 100% prevented from fermenting slightly during transport. But only to Ashkenazic Jews who accept Rabbinic oral law because the Torah doesn't actually specify that.

I just looked it up.

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    dude....your sig rocks!

electronicmaji on
    Top Weekly Artists
    Electronicmaji.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2007

Regular Coke is still being made with Sugar Cane Sugar here in Mexico. Right now they are trying to phase it out with Coca Cola Zero, with the campaign "Same taste, no sugar". But your tongue must be deffective if you can seriously state that Aspartame and those other chems taste like Sugar Cane Sugar.

In taquerias in California it's commonplace for them to stock Coke in a glass bottle right alongside Coke in a plastic bottle or can, because typically the former is made with cane sugar and the latter made with HFCS.

So every once in a blue moon I'd treat myself to the glass bottled Coke because, yes Virginia, it really does taste better.

A few months ago I bought one and got that awful sour HFCS aftertaste, looked at the label, and lo and behold the dreaded phrase "Sugar (from high fructose corn syrup)" right there in the ingredients. I felt so betrayed.

Feral on

• Options
    Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

In taquerias in California it's commonplace for them to stock Coke in a glass bottle right alongside Coke in a plastic bottle, because typically the former is made with cane sugar and the latter made with HFCS.

So every once in a blue moon I'd treat myself to the glass bottled Coke because, yes Virginia, it really does taste better.

A few months ago I bought one and got that awful sour HFCS aftertaste, looked at the label, and lo and behold the dreaded phrase "Sugar (from high fructose corn syrup)" right there in the ingredients. I felt so betrayed.

That's awful, I don't desire that even to my worst enemy. I wonder where they got those Cokes though, around here, you still get the real deal. Is it one of those glass bottles you need to return to the establishment, or is it disposable? I'll have to look into this, but right now I have a 2 liter coke bottle inside my fridge that states that it's made with real sugar, so I don't know what to say about your situation.

Maybe it's a border thing.

Joe Camacho MKII on
    steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Maybe it's a border thing.

Probably.

Feral on

• Options
    edited April 2007
    I haven't gotten one for a long time......

but you cna usually find mexican stores anywhere in the usa nowdays...most big cities or even some small....

electronicmaji on
    Top Weekly Artists
    Electronicmaji.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    dude....your sig rocks!
    As long as you understand that I sigged it because I find its combination of hilarious inept grammar and utterly fucking stupid content delightfully funny.

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    dude....your sig rocks!
    As long as you understand that I sigged it because I find its combination of hilarious inept grammar and utterly fucking stupid content delightfully funny.

no you didnt you sigged it because its true bitch!

electronicmaji on
    Top Weekly Artists
    Electronicmaji.gif
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Corn Syrup is liquid evil.

Corn in general is America's version of "Montezuma's Revenge."

Incenjucar on